Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Manager Hoyden posted:

Gritty was invented to draw customers to a sports entertainment subsidiary of Comcast Holdings

Just like in the old days!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Manager Hoyden posted:

Gritty was invented to draw customers to a sports entertainment subsidiary of Comcast Holdings

https://imgur.com/t/fullcommunism/DyfCR

drat I guess these are bad praxis too

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Manager Hoyden posted:

And? Things get used and transform because of it. It’s not like a Gritty meme is strengthening Comcast’s CEO, like some sort of malevolent god gaining strength from prayers

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

thetoughestbean posted:

And? Things get used and transform because of it. It’s not like a Gritty meme is strengthening Comcast’s CEO, like some sort of malevolent god gaining strength from prayers

Comcast Corporation donated $1.5 million to republican candidates in the 2020 election

Gritty is their property, designed in a boardroom, approved by very rich executives, complete with a deck pitching the concept as representing the "gritty" nature of philadelphia

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Manager Hoyden posted:

Gritty is their property, designed in a boardroom, approved by very rich executives, complete with a deck pitching the concept as representing the "gritty" nature of philadelphia

That's why it's funny to use him to promote anti-establishment ideals. Plus he looks good with a molotov cocktail in his hands which I'm sure didn't come up in the focus groups.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The only nice thing I can say about Philadelphia is that at least it's not Cleveland.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Their cream cheese is good

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Atticus_1354 posted:

That's why it's funny to use him to promote anti-establishment ideals. Plus he looks good with a molotov cocktail in his hands which I'm sure didn't come up in the focus groups.

Ah, I guess it would make more sense if people were using the corporate mascot ironically, like using ronald mcdonald to protest the meat industry.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The only nice thing I can say about Philadelphia is that at least it's not Cleveland.

That's what you say.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Manager Hoyden posted:

Comcast Corporation donated $1.5 million to republican candidates in the 2020 election

You’re not making a successful argument about how enjoying a character is strengthening Comcast. You’re just repeating that the character was made by a company and expecting that to do the speaking for you

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

thetoughestbean posted:

You’re not making a successful argument about how enjoying a character is strengthening Comcast. You’re just repeating that the character was made by a company and expecting that to do the speaking for you

I'm not arguing that enjoying a character is bad or whatever. It's a good character as far as brand mascots go.

I'm saying the pretend resistance twitter kids using the character completely as intended is dumb. They are a bunch of marks.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Manager Hoyden posted:

I'm not arguing that enjoying a character is bad or whatever. It's a good character as far as brand mascots go.

I'm saying the pretend resistance twitter kids using the character completely as intended is dumb. They are a bunch of marks.

Not like you. Your pretend activism where you post grumpily about a mascot is totally different than their pretend activism where they post positively about the same mascot.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
So does Comcast get money from every gritty meme posted

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

My activism - and make no mistake that is what I am doing right now as I type this on my phone - is above reproach

My massive perfect activism is the lazy grumpy kind yes but neither man not god can say it isn't a shining example of excellence

You can put your having read my posts on your resume and write your own ticket anywhere in the developed world

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
You know what tastes really good? The hot Coke Zero in a bottle you've had in your center console all day in the sun.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

fizzymercury posted:

You know what tastes really good? The hot Coke Zero in a bottle you've had in your center console all day in the sun.

Name post combo

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Manager Hoyden posted:

So is everyone alive today, including you. making GBS threads on other people for trying to find something new in the symbols we make and going "errr actually" is just pathetic.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

fizzymercury posted:

Dude a couple weeks ago I left an orange Powerade in my car and it was directly in a Sunbeam.

It was so hot and was so unpleasant and addictive.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Aramek posted:

It was so hot and was so unpleasant and addictive.

Are you just leaving other fizzy drinks in the sun to chase the same high?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gritty is a cop.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

Are you just leaving other fizzy drinks in the sun to chase the same high?

This isn't fizzy, it's one of those sweetened athletic drinks with the electrolytes in it. Hot fizzy is only unpleasant.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Aramek posted:

This isn't fizzy, it's one of those sweetened athletic drinks with the electrolytes in it. Hot fizzy is only unpleasant.

Ahhhh got it. I don't usually have them, thanks for letting me know!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Aphrodite posted:

Gritty is a cop.

Mascop

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That's the Blue badger.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Half squats are perfectly fine for most athletes.

They train the needed range of motion for pushing with the legs. While they don't stimulate nearly as much hypertrophy as a full squat half squats still make you grow and getting bigger is at best a secondary concern for most actual athletes.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I hate it when people respond to my posts with "you're joking, but". Most of the time I am not joking. You are just agreeing with a serious post I made.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I hate it when people respond to my posts with "you're joking, but". Most of the time I am not joking. You are just agreeing with a serious post I made.

The thing that never fails to annoy the hell out of me on the forums is when I say something, someone quotes it to disagree and misses the point completely, and then no one else reads the original post and just argues about something no one ever said. if this had happened like once it would be nbd but I swear goons do this fuckin constantly.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

The thing that never fails to annoy the hell out of me on the forums is when I say something, someone quotes it to disagree and misses the point completely, and then no one else reads the original post and just argues about something no one ever said. if this had happened like once it would be nbd but I swear goons do this fuckin constantly.

I really like when you see a dozen posts of people arguing when it's obvious nobody is actually reading the other peoples posts anymore.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Gaius Marius posted:

I really like when you see a dozen posts of people arguing when it's obvious nobody is actually reading the other peoples posts anymore.

gently caress you you bigot

internet_discourse.txt

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

veni veni veni posted:

So you’re saying you don’t like the quote function now because it bothers you sometimes? Little issues are always gonna pop up and that kind of thing happens on these forums. I think it’s great and very helpful and tbh I think you’re kind of an rear end in a top hat saying your opinion matters more than others.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

oldpainless posted:

So you’re saying you don’t like the quote function now because it bothers you sometimes? Little issues are always gonna pop up and that kind of thing happens on these forums. I think it’s great and very helpful and tbh I think you’re kind of an rear end in a top hat saying your opinion matters more than others.

More like "oldpainless".

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

oldpainless posted:

lol I was expecting someone to do this regardless, but you nailed the nuance of goonbrain perfectly.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's always gotta end with some desperate attempt to find a moral high ground. always. You could be talking about cheetos and goons will find a way to disagree and end it with "I am a good person and you are bad".

I very intentionally exploited this once just to see how well it would work. Some guy pissed me off by doing this half assed doxx on me, so I just started calling him racist until the whole thread was trying to run him out of there with pitchforks, even though he didn't actually say or do anything racist. Goons just read the last 1 or 2 posts and start popping off lol.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's why I never read replies to my posts. I just like pretending that I'm shouting into the empty dark with no consequences.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
phuo: reading is overrated. writing is where it's at. and posting is objectively the best form of writing. ergo, :justpost: :justpost: :justpost:

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
No one on here is real anyways. We're all just various aspects of Dare reregs. Like Split, but mostly focused on video games and pun chains.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Mu Zeta posted:

That's why I never read replies to my posts. I just like pretending that I'm shouting into the empty dark with no consequences.

If I wake up and check on the threads I read and see a bunch of yellow quotes I just speed-scroll by because it usually means I posted something really dumb the night before that I forgot and I prefer to pretend I never make really dumb posts.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If I wake up and check on the threads I read and see a bunch of yellow quotes I just speed-scroll by because it usually means I posted something really dumb the night before that I forgot and I prefer to pretend I never make really dumb posts.

:hai:

I am the only user on my ignore list

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

yep then a mod finally pops up and admonishes everyone and probes whoever the most people are angry at without reading the posts either lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Gaius Marius posted:

It's always great when this results in people not realizing that they're very angrily agreeing with each other.