Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/mayawiley/status/1408185482106785794

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Tim Apple

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Just out of curiosity, why hasn't an activist group flown some drones to those camps?

Like, some footage of the actual conditions filmed over time?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Just out of curiosity, why hasn't an activist group flown some drones to those camps?

that’s terrorism

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

fits my needs posted:

that’s terrorism

Nevermind, Biden is doing a fine job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCNUdy7N6CE

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

"we are keeping all impoverished children in poverty, for a future bill"

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

they're inside

probably the terrorism thing

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

the cruelty is the point

camps working as intended

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

another succ endorsement success story

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
what are those ladies who made safety pin homework doing nowadays

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Homeless Friend posted:

that woman's always been the daughter of a prosperity gospel preacher

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Maximo Roboto posted:

https://twitter.com/RossBarkan/status/1407004403735875589

monkey paw'ing away Yang for the ultimate Biden-Trump fusion

god drat did i loving call it last year that the "racial reckoning" post-floyd was just going to be used to punch at the left

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1408236529529536521?s=20

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dixon Chisholm posted:

I've seen this number before. What's its deal?

i googled the # of billionaires and got 2755

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

lmao 9/11 is the final day of afghanistan? boy do we hate those people for literally no reason

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so eric adams is declaring victory in a primary where we wont know the results for weeks and this is what maya wileys up to thats cool

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

you are aware all the democrats involved are pairing this with a reconciliation bill with the tax increases and the other good stuff right

manchin and sinema have said they will do the companion reconciliation bill; pelosi has said no vote on the bipartisan bill in the house until the reconciliation bill has already cleared the senate, and biden has said he's not signing the bipartisan bill without the reconciliation bill

all of these are rather key things to keep in mind when complaining about the bill

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

https://twitter.com/LeslieMac/status/1408237784373121033?s=20
one is dunking on Shaun King right now, which is fair. looks like they are involved with NGOs around the Working Families Party. I've got political critiques, but they seem relatively normal for a person in that field?

The other is full grifter with a new subscription box
https://www.thephoenixfighter.com/subscribe

lol I get the sense this was a bad breakdown in the partnership

quote:

Marissa controversially reached the national stage when she helped take over a Seattle rally for 2016 presidential candidate Bernie Sanders and has been pushing white liberals to be effective ever since.

Marissa was the co-creator and content director for Safety Pin Box, a subscription service for white people who want to be allies in the fight for Black liberation. Safety Pin Box’s core mission was to fund the radical work of Black women and femmes.

As the sole content creator for most of Safety Pin Box’s products, including the Ally Backpack and SPB Kids, Marissa has continued her dedication to Black liberation in the creation and launch of The Phoenix Fighter. As the driving force behind the political education of the brand, she both produces original content and helps bring the work of other Black women activists to a national stage.
https://www.thephoenixfighter.com/marissas-bio

this is just Hammer City for Warren supporters

quote:

The 40 Acres & A Future Program is our giving program designed to directly fund Black activists, leaders, change makers, healers, and community members using proceeds from Phoenix Fighter subscriptions.

Each month, starting in July 2018, recipients will be chosen at random from our pool of applicants based on funds raised from that month's subscriptions to receive one-time financial awards.

40 Acres & A Future gifts are for activists, organizers, and community members who are Black and who identify as women, trans, gender non-conforming, non-binary, agender, or femmes working towards the liberation of Black people. Those who meet the basic requirements are encouraged to apply. Applicants will go through a basic verification process.

Gift amounts and number of recipients will be based on active subscriptions and direct donations each month. As a general practice, recipients are never required to disclose their gift amount to anyone for any reason, but they are free to do so at their own discretion. We do not control how recipients use financial gifts, and believe Black people are the best stewards of their own reparations funds.

If you are interested in supporting 40 Acres & A Future, the best way is to subscribe to The Phoenix Fighter. We also accept one-time donations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/GwynneFitz/status/1408147901155622920

eric adams is cory booker except with mean high school football star energy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bootleg Trunks posted:

you are aware all the democrats involved are pairing this with a reconciliation bill with the tax increases and the other good stuff right

manchin and sinema have said they will do the companion reconciliation bill; pelosi has said no vote on the bipartisan bill in the house until the reconciliation bill has already cleared the senate, and biden has said he's not signing the bipartisan bill without the reconciliation bill

all of these are rather key things to keep in mind when complaining about the bill

and why would they lie? lies are bad

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Bootleg Trunks posted:

i don't think any of this is going to happen but i'm happy to be wrong

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

death to america

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1408150697774825472

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Some Guy TT posted:

so eric adams is declaring victory in a primary where we wont know the results for weeks and this is what maya wileys up to thats cool

spent the early half of the primary making GBS threads on Bernie to prove how intersectional she is, surprisingly voters were not moved

in fact the the happily moving on to whatever dumb bullshit after eating poo poo in an election is a pretty Warren move, expect every major Democratic primary to have some Warren analogue from this point on

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

most people in politics under the age of 60 are just trying to build up enough clout to be an influencer

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lmao

I hadn't realized the sheer extent to which we lost this war, in that it's 20 years later and we're promising to evacuate anyone who helped us against the Taliban so they don't get in trouble

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

its really loving with me how everyones treating adams victory as fait accompli despite ranked choice voting making the first round almost completely meaningless since the other campaigns were all running hard on do not rank adams under any circumstances in the last week

like maybe he still wins but at this point his losing would be satisfying if only because itll make our electoral system look like a complete sham

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

its really loving with me how everyones treating adams victory as fait accompli despite ranked choice voting making the first round almost completely meaningless since the other campaigns were all running hard on do not rank adams under any circumstances in the last week

like maybe he still wins but at this point his losing would be satisfying if only because itll make our electoral system look like a complete sham

the only thing that matters is what the establishment wants, and they decided it's adams

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1408182902978977802?s=20

I can't find a non-shithead sharing this so i had to use the daily caller tweet

the real funny part of this is at the beginning Biden says the Tuskeegee Airmen were experimented on. His brain really mashed together the syphilis experiments and army air unit together.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Dr. Killjoy posted:

seems like a lot of upper military brass can’t stand culture war bullshit

they hate anything that might interfere with the flow of foreign blood

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol they’re not going to make the mistake of Vietnam again and make sure all Americans are out before Kabul falls so they don’t have to send any helicopters in

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/WestWingReport/status/1408222060363583489?s=20

Libs are going to ask Milley to do a coup if when Trump wins in 2024

Crossed my mind today lol
Undecided what id prefer tbh

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

the biden thing to do would be gently caress them over and pretend nothing happened

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Bootleg Trunks posted:

the biden thing to do would be gently caress them over and pretend nothing happened

How did you manage to read my thoughts

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

Atrocious Joe posted:

the real funny part of this is at the beginning Biden says the Tuskeegee Airmen were experimented on. His brain really mashed together the syphilis experiments and army air unit together.

Not trying to do an erasure or anything, but those experiments were almost 80 years ago. "People have memories." Those people are dead.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the US is gonna evacuate key members of the Turkistan Islamic Party that are opposed to the Taliban, drug runners with ties to Russia, and a few small warlords as insurance against the Taliban.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Exodus1984 posted:

Not trying to do an erasure or anything, but those experiments were almost 80 years ago. "People have memories." Those people are dead.

i wasn't aware that all records of the events magically vanished

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

Yinlock posted:

i wasn't aware that all records of the events magically vanished

I'm just saying, people aren't choosing to get vaccines because of those experiments (yes, I understand the reservation, memories, etc), they're choosing not to get vaccinated because they're idiots.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Bootleg Trunks posted:

yea im actually impressed they're doing the bare minimum of preventing them from being murdered in their home country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Exodus1984 posted:

I'm just saying, people aren't choosing to get vaccines because of those experiments (yes, I understand the reservation, memories, etc), they're choosing not to get vaccinated because they're idiots.

oh, my bad then, i thought you were excusing biden's cheese brain