Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
you better call it blastoise blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Bottom Liner posted:

you better call it blastoise blue

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

OSU_Matthew posted:

Whelp bought a Roomba i6 self empty on an impulse prime day warehouse deal for less than 1/3 the regular price. Very curious to test it out head to head against the Shark IQ self empty vacuum and see if it’s meaningfully better!

Make sure you leave your phone on top with Pokémon Go open for some sweet free egg hatching/buddy candy.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Bosch 12V Flexiclick drill/driver.

International Tools had a deal where it was only $104 (normally almost $200 at other shops,) and they're throwing in a free second battery.

I have a full-sized Makita 18V Drill and Driver, but sometimes they're too large/inconvenient to use/get from the garage. Being able to just have a smaller 12V drill I can keep in the hall closet will be nice, especially since I'm replacing some kitchen drawers soon and a small form-factor drill for that is a life saver.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 16:06 on Jun 22, 2021

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I bought a saw that I'm pretty excited about

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Kitschy 1950s bug planters!

(I know a snail isn't a bug, but :shrug:)

There's two more in the set that I'm looking for, and I ended up with a second snail which was sold in a lot with the cricket and spider.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

New shifter purchased from a goon for my Civic Si

Traded my automatic Blazer that rarely got driven for a truck. 95 Ford Ranger 4.0 4x4 5-speed. Will be good for going up to my woods property and hauling garbage so our newer Silverado doesn’t get all hosed up and gross. My wife calls it the Lil’ Truck, despite it being lifted and on 33” tires.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Imperador do Brasil posted:

New shifter purchased from a goon for my Civic Si

Traded my automatic Blazer that rarely got driven for a truck. 95 Ford Ranger 4.0 4x4 5-speed. Will be good for going up to my woods property and hauling garbage so our newer Silverado doesn’t get all hosed up and gross. My wife calls it the Lil’ Truck, despite it being lifted and on 33” tires.

I like the purple spring, it looks pretty.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

AKZ posted:

I bought a saw that I'm pretty excited about

Nice. I bought a cheap model when I got a ryoba and even that was an upgrade..

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Would you believe that just after I read your post and said "lol nah" eBay gave me a Special Offer? My counter (complete with documentation and current calibration cert) is nominally on the way.

Also I heart your fridge.

:blastu:

There might be something wrong with me.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Got a couple suits (on special) because now that everything's been opened up everyone wants to have their wedding.

Got a light gray and black suit. I'm going to need the black suit's pants let out more in the calves because mine are swole.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I caved an bought a lawn service just to mow, nothing fancy.

My electric mower lasts about 20 minutes, so I have to charge it 2-3 times to finish the job and it is not self-propelled. Given how big and lumpy my lawn is, my old bones can't take it.

It would take 15 months of bi-weekly mowings to equal a new mower that would be a stark improvement.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus according to the internet they will also have sex with your wife for you, so that saves some time.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Pondex posted:

Nice. I bought a cheap model when I got a ryoba and even that was an upgrade..

Cool, I hemmed and hawed on picking one up. I don't do nearly enough woodwork to justify a full set of power tools in my garage and this saw fits in my tool chest.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

:blastu:

There might be something wrong with me.

Is that a Geiger counter?

Why do I want one now?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Maybe you want to see if things are great or terrible?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Time to finally find out if the dog is radioactive

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Scaring friends and family who have granite countertops?

I got a very generous gift card to a local liquor emporium but was sent without adult supervision so still managed to spend $150 of my own money:

Trip report: Delicious. The tequila is the star, has a huge flavor profile that goes on for minutes like a fancy wine. (To be clear, it doesn't taste like wine.) highly recommend.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Rolo posted:

Time to finally find out if the dog is radioactive

everything is radioactive! :magical:

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

H110Hawk posted:

Scaring friends and family who have granite countertops?

I got a very generous gift card to a local liquor emporium but was sent without adult supervision so still managed to spend $150 of my own money:

Trip report: Delicious. The tequila is the star, has a huge flavor profile that goes on for minutes like a fancy wine. (To be clear, it doesn't taste like wine.) highly recommend.

Nice choices, but how'd you manage to avoid any bourbons? I also enjoy Herradura. The Plymouth Gin is another one of my go tos.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I was at an Asian grocery store and saw this, so naturally I had to get it.

Funny enough I don't have any noodles in my house so I'll need to pick some up after I get my car fixed.

Also, I got new brakes for my car.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Glottis posted:

Nice choices, but how'd you manage to avoid any bourbons? I also enjoy Herradura. The Plymouth Gin is another one of my go tos.

Their selection was boring honestly. The SLIM selection of high end stuff was all above where I really wanted to spend blindly or was known not my thing. We've still got a bottle of Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit in the cabinet as well to go through. The three in the middle were the "splurges", the two gin's and the Herradura Anejo were just restocking staples. Turns out I've had that thought several times though because we now have 2 sealed bottles of Herradura in addition to the currently open one.

skrapp mettle
Mar 17, 2007
I like the Plymouth Navy Strength, personally.

Won a Newegg Shuffle:

Going to replace a 1070. Trying to decide whether to go full on and get a 5600X and some sort of X570 motherboard to go along with it. Would let me replace my HTPC and I could actually play new games on it instead of just GTA online.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Android Apocalypse posted:

I was at an Asian grocery store and saw this, so naturally I had to get it.

Mama Mia that's-a spicy bola bola!

Tezer
Jul 9, 2001

Android Apocalypse posted:

Speaking of Searzall, apparently the original versions aren't being made anymore & I got a knock-off one. I chose the version that can work with propane torches instead of the butane ones (I already use propane for camping lanterns) but my Bernzomatic already broke. Any suggestions on another unit?

They got some kind of Amazon strike they can't get rid of, so they are selling them here for now:
http://bookeranddax.squarespace.com/searzall/

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."
I've been plotting to put together a new computer for a while, but I didn't want to get a Cool Glass LED Gamer Case for it because 1. ew 2. I prefer the old computer aesthetic way more than the newer models and 3. living in a rural area with a ton of animals means that having something like that would lead to a lot of dust and fur getting sucked in. So, I skulked around the internet to find something that would fit my specific needs, and apparently there's a company out of the UK, Evercase, that makes 90's style beige boxes. I went ahead and got their ECE1135 model and it is gloriously ugly.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

SetSliRol posted:

I've been plotting to put together a new computer for a while, but I didn't want to get a Cool Glass LED Gamer Case for it because 1. ew 2. I prefer the old computer aesthetic way more than the newer models and 3. living in a rural area with a ton of animals means that having something like that would lead to a lot of dust and fur getting sucked in. So, I skulked around the internet to find something that would fit my specific needs, and apparently there's a company out of the UK, Evercase, that makes 90's style beige boxes. I went ahead and got their ECE1135 model and it is gloriously ugly.

:aaa:

They either found a warehouse full of NOS cases or invented a time machine that only goes back to 1995.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
that zero airflow case might be a problem with a modern machine

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

Just throw a pair of 120mm Deltas in there

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."

LifeSunDeath posted:

There's actually a good amount of airflow and space for fans - I made sure to have a friend double check the specs and layout for me before I bought it. I just didn't want something that was, y'know, basically a bunch of open panels stuck together that'd just suck in fur and dust and stuff.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spinst posted:

I ordered this bookcase:

Clearly not a bookcase, as if you put books in it, they'll fall out the sides :smuggo:

e: Don't ask me how I know.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

SetSliRol posted:

There's actually a good amount of airflow and space for fans - I made sure to have a friend double check the specs and layout for me before I bought it. I just didn't want something that was, y'know, basically a bunch of open panels stuck together that'd just suck in fur and dust and stuff.

But if it has airflow like your friend claims, then it is also inherently sucking air in. Does the space it sucks air in have a mesh to catch hair and dust which you occasionally clean, because looking at the photos on their website it sure doesn't look like it. It looks like metal with some holes in it? I'm sure there are lots of cheap crappy "gamer" cases out there but I'm used to well made cases that are "panels stuck together" because they fit properly and don't let all my cat's hairs into it and the air intakes have mesh guards.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Rolo posted:

Is that a Geiger counter?

Why do I want one now?

The thing on the right is a Geiger counter, yeah. You want one now because they are inherently cool and/or you have the same brain damage as me. :q:

The stuff on the left is its headset, and then two dosimeters and their charging station. The user manual is dated 1981.

The CDV-700 counter can measure gamma and detect the presence of beta, but is of "limited usefulness in a high radiation environment."

Nothing in my house is appreciably radioactive. I was initially disappointed but then I stopped and thought about it and am now fine with this outcome.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Nothing in my house is appreciably radioactive. I was initially disappointed but then I stopped and thought about it and am now fine with this outcome.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

The thing on the right is a Geiger counter, yeah. You want one now because they are inherently cool and/or you have the same brain damage as me. :q:

The stuff on the left is its headset, and then two dosimeters and their charging station. The user manual is dated 1981.

The CDV-700 counter can measure gamma and detect the presence of beta, but is of "limited usefulness in a high radiation environment."

When was it last calibrated? There should be a certification sticker somewhere inside the case. You also want to field calibrate it yourself, there should be a radioactive paint dot inside for exactly that.

Time to start searching for old radioactive materials on ebay and get yourself on a watch list!

Bananas are also very clickey clackey too, just fyi

And here’s the manual with field calibration instructions in case there isn’t one inside the meter: http://nuclearconnect.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/4_Instruction-and-Maintenance-Manual.pdf

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
Changed my mind about the electric bike and got a Onewheel last weekend. Been riding a bit every day and think I'll do the commute (about 3km) next week. Went with the XR+ because i'm goon sized and it handles great!

https://onewheel.com/

Once I get a little more confident on it i'm going to try some trail riding

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

shipwrek posted:

Changed my mind about the electric bike and got a Onewheel last weekend. Been riding a bit every day and think I'll do the commute (about 3km) next week. Went with the XR+ because i'm goon sized and it handles great!

https://onewheel.com/

Once I get a little more confident on it i'm going to try some trail riding

I’ve been wanting one of these for ages. I know there’s a fairly common mod to replace the tire with a better one for off roading, they’ve done a few videos on it on Corridor Digital. Adam Savage has a really good video too, at the factory.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

evobatman posted:

Congratulations! It's worth it when you look at the dial and that smooooooooooth second hand!

I bought a black Samsung S21+ with the LED cover since it was on sale this week and I had some gift cards from my birthday I had been saving. Should be a decent upgrade from my S8, which is getting a little long in the tooth and doesn't get upgrades.

What is the second picture? My S8 is also nearly dead and I'm trying to decide if I should get the same phone you got here or just wait for the... S22+ I guess lmao

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

OSU_Matthew posted:

When was it last calibrated? There should be a certification sticker somewhere inside the case. You also want to field calibrate it yourself, there should be a radioactive paint dot inside for exactly that.

Time to start searching for old radioactive materials on ebay and get yourself on a watch list!

Bananas are also very clickey clackey too, just fyi

And here’s the manual with field calibration instructions in case there isn’t one inside the meter: http://nuclearconnect.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/4_Instruction-and-Maintenance-Manual.pdf

Calibration is good into 2022, and it came with the manual. :haw:

I wonder what would happen if I took it to the grocery store and waved it at the bananas...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

You're going to want a hazmat suit if you go walking around testing things. Makes you look official.