Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
19. Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 (Story Mode Clear)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

i know it's a few pages back but lmfao every time

lmfao

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

15. Cruelty Squad - all endings

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Thumper in VR. hell of a game, my hands are still shaking. last level was one of the most intense gaming experiences i've ever had

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Thumper is rhythm violence

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

AdmiralViscen posted:

8. Picross S6 (5/7)
9. New Pokémon Snap (5/7)

Both of these games are amazing

Oof

1. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (1/13)
2. Jedi: Fallen Order (1/15)
3. Hitman 3 (1/27)
4. Cyber Shadow (1/31)
5. Yoshi’s Crafted World (2/6)
6. Bowser’s Fury (2/13)
7. Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection (2/28)
8. Picross S6 (5/7)
10. Luigi’s Mansion 3 (6/24)

I played this with my four year old and it really wore thin by the end. I’m halfway through Rift Apart and then I’m gonna do Intermission (and maybe replay the main game?)

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

1. Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
2. Stacking
3. Armored Warriors
4. Max Payne 3 (medium)
5. Virginia
6. Shining Force II
7. Superhero League of Hoboken
8. Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast EE
9. Alcahest
10. Hotline Miami
11. Streets of Rage 2
12. Batman: Arkham Asylum
Medium, all riddler challenges and Spirit of Arkham recordings. Getting new gadgets to collect all that stuff was the most enjoyable thing here - that and the Gotham city skyline. Went and bought Arkham City since it's supposed to be even better.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Dragon Quest XI - Defeated Mordegon and returned the tree of life to its rightful place. Another insanely good game behind me.

Yeah, yeah, I know

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hey Chief posted:

1. Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
2. Stacking
3. Armored Warriors
4. Max Payne 3 (medium)
5. Virginia
6. Shining Force II
7. Superhero League of Hoboken
8. Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast EE
9. Alcahest
10. Hotline Miami
11. Streets of Rage 2
12. Batman: Arkham Asylum
Medium, all riddler challenges and Spirit of Arkham recordings. Getting new gadgets to collect all that stuff was the most enjoyable thing here - that and the Gotham city skyline. Went and bought Arkham City since it's supposed to be even better.

The first one is a tighter and more organized experience but I liked Arkham City more. The Riddler stuff is really dense in the second game. Don't look stuff up even if it feels like you're missing a bunch - you'll solve them on your own once you think of ways to combine stuff you can do. I recommend taking a break between the games, though, especially if you're an "all Riddler stuff" player. I got burned out hard by the time I got to Arkham Knight and it'll probably be like 2023 before i get back to it.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah asylum is the better designed game but i liked city more mostly due to the riddler challenges sometimes requiring you to think about how to use gadgets in cool ways. in asylum it often just devolved to "remember this breakable wall for when you get the thing to pull down walls". theres a bunch of those in city too but some of the others were cool.

also in city they let you use pretty much all gadgets as quickfire which makes combo variation easier

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah they're both good in their own ways. Asylum is very tightly designed and City mostly avoids the open world curse because it's so dense and there's a ton of stuff to do and collect everywhere

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ArfJason posted:

also in city they let you use pretty much all gadgets as quickfire which makes combo variation easier

yeah, also this. the combat never really clicked for me in asylum but in city it was fun to try to see how high of a combo you could get, especially in the bigger fights.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
3. Alien Syndrome (US version, 1-ALL 1CC no death, reached 2-6) - video
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles, Tails)
5. Super Mario World (96 exits)
6. Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. (no warps, no continues)
7. Truxton II (1-ALL, 1CC) - video
8. Bonk's Adventure (NES)
9. Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu (NES, no death)
10. Persona 4 (Normal ending)
11. Castlevania (NES, 1-ALL, no death, game over at 2-4) - video
12. Yakuza Kiwami
13. Super Mario Galaxy (3D All-Stars version, 120 stars)
14. Suikoden
15. Donpachi (Japan, 1-ALL, dead at 2-2) - video

i did this before and it may have even been last year and i dont like counting basic 1CCs for games beat if ive already done them but i never made a video so im making an exception. thank you

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
City's probably better but I loved the creepy feeling of Asylum, especially at the end when it's just batman hunting down the last few chattering teeth or whatever with a small handful of lunatics outdoors.

Flashbacks trying to 3 batarang rumble in the jungle (hard), lousy claw always hosed up my freeflow bonus.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

they're both good games in different ways IMO. i gotta play knight one of these days.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the existence of arkham knight implies the existence of shovel asylum and hollow city.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
not beating dragon quest builders 2 due to save game bugs

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

elf help book posted:

not beating dragon quest builders 2 due to save game bugs

Games not beating - 2021

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jenny Agutter posted:

Thumper in VR. hell of a game, my hands are still shaking. last level was one of the most intense gaming experiences i've ever had
Thumper's definitely the best VR game I've played. Fantastic game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

they're both good games in different ways IMO. i gotta play knight one of these days.

Knight got a lot of poo poo, but it's the best one, Gameplay wise.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Knight got a lot of poo poo, but it's the best one, Gameplay wise.

i think my plan after getting through all the yakuza games (i'm halfway there, lol) is to alternate between my gaming backlog, JRPGs and new releases that i'm interested in, so i'll get back to it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The best VR game is hot dog horse shoes and hand grenades because you can get drunk and pretend to be a MGS boss by dual wielding automatic flare guns or whatever.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Control: Ultimate Edition
Picross S: all puzzles. Next is S2 then the newest

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

10. Dark Souls 3 again. Used the Greatsword of Judgement this run, really cool weapon. Gael is perfect series finale fight. Embering up when phase 2 starts, the music, the lightning, just awesome.

Edit: I was doing a Tarnished run for Elden Ring hype. Got invaded by a few people doing the same thing, including someone cosplaying as this guy with the flail:

Big Bizness fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 27, 2021

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando

A friend has been pestering me to play these for a while now so I started from the beginning. I couldn't quite make it through the first game because it was bad but I'm glad I kept going to the second because this one was really fun.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

STONE COLD 64 posted:

dragon quest 3

nothing special. you get to the prison planet and its just a bunch of really long corridors with lots of guards to fight. you fight a large robot as a boss battle, it has lots of hp but garbage ai and is only difficult in that it just takes forever to put away. then its an escape the planet runback and thats it.

i like the game overall though. it probably would have been better if they tried to vary things out and made the planets truly feel different and each have their own exclusive flora and fauna but as a first game it was ok. sequel should be good.

I also found that the different planet set-up meant that one of the things I like doing most in Fallout style games - seeing something in the distance that looks interesting and going to investigate - basically never came up, as every planet only had a few points of interest and most were highlighted for you by quests. From what I remember, the first planet was the best section, and I did enjoy that part, but after that it was only alright.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

AdmiralViscen posted:

Oof

1. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (1/13)
2. Jedi: Fallen Order (1/15)
3. Hitman 3 (1/27)
4. Cyber Shadow (1/31)
5. Yoshi’s Crafted World (2/6)
6. Bowser’s Fury (2/13)
7. Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection (2/28)
8. Picross S6 (5/7)
10. Luigi’s Mansion 3 (6/24)

I played this with my four year old and it really wore thin by the end. I’m halfway through Rift Apart and then I’m gonna do Intermission (and maybe replay the main game?)

11. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (6/28)

I rolled credits on this. Really enjoyed it, but it’s probably mid pack for the series. I’m going to go for some more collectibles (especially for the extra gun) and probably do a challenge mode run too. First I’m gonna play INTERmission though. I’m also working on Super Rush adventure mode. Gaming nirvana

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2 - Legendary Co-op
4. New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe
5. Dying Light - Nighmare, All Side Missions
6. Halo 3 - Legendary Co-Op
7. Persona 5 Strikers
8. Halo ODST - Legendary Co-Op
9. Bravely Default 2 - True Ending
10. Super Mario™ 3D World - Co-Op
11. Code Vein - Good Ending
12. Halo 4 - Legendary Co-Op
13. Outriders
14. Nier Replicant - Ending(s): All Endings
15. It Takes Two
16. Resident Evil Village - Standard, all collectibles, all outhouses, all goats.
17. Mass Effect 1 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian, All Side Quests
18. Mass Effect 2 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian, All Side Quests, All Friends Survived.
19. Mass Effect 3 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian (faithful), All Side Quests, Dance Party, Synthesis
20. FFXIV: Heavensward

Got to the credits in Heavensward, the MSQ is really cool. I was kind of intimidated to come back after five years away but the game is really good at easing you back in. My character looks sick:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
dead space

absolutely fantastic game. definitely deserves to be up there with re4.
if i had played this when i was 15 i wouldnt have been able to sleep for months, but now i was not affected much at all. i already knew how the story more or less went, so the final twist obviously didnt land.
I finished in normal but it still felt stupidly easy, even with a controller, because they flood you with ammo and health. i imagine it has a dynamic ammo drop system that makes it so it drops ammo for weapons you use a lot of, which resulted in me getting like 7 full stacks of ripper ammo at some point, cause i was using them just to make space in my inventory cause i had upgraded my plasma and line gun and not the ripper. shooting limbs off necros with the plasma cutter feels super good, and i might play it again on a harder difficulty cause i was cruising. died like 5 times total, and not a single one of those was in combat with enemies.
still really cool atmosphere and art design, cant wait to try 2 even though its more action oriented.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm guessing that one's a lot shorter than I remember it being huh.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

I'm guessing that one's a lot shorter than I remember it being huh.

Yeah it's real quick. Much smaller levels than 2.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

ArfJason posted:

dead space

absolutely fantastic game. definitely deserves to be up there with re4.
if i had played this when i was 15 i wouldnt have been able to sleep for months, but now i was not affected much at all. i already knew how the story more or less went, so the final twist obviously didnt land.
I finished in normal but it still felt stupidly easy, even with a controller, because they flood you with ammo and health. i imagine it has a dynamic ammo drop system that makes it so it drops ammo for weapons you use a lot of, which resulted in me getting like 7 full stacks of ripper ammo at some point, cause i was using them just to make space in my inventory cause i had upgraded my plasma and line gun and not the ripper. shooting limbs off necros with the plasma cutter feels super good, and i might play it again on a harder difficulty cause i was cruising. died like 5 times total, and not a single one of those was in combat with enemies.
still really cool atmosphere and art design, cant wait to try 2 even though its more action oriented.

2 is still very good and at the time I even preferred it when it came out. Replaying it recently tho I feel like 1 is the better game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

22. Red Faction: Armageddon. Not very good but the fully destructible environments and multiple versions of explosive weapons were fun enough to gently caress around with. Why do you hav eto stop every couple of seconds when sprinting. I fell off a staircase during the final boss and instantly died which was pretty funny. in the final scene, you stride triumphantly onto the surface of mars, greeting a brand new sunrise. the robot implanted in your arm says "My sensors are overloading." Darius Mason (just had to google the main characters name) responds solemnly: "So are mine."

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Neversong

it was ok
short, intuitive indie puzzle platformer with simple but smooth hack n slash combat. dug the atmosphere and the setting
but I'm getting pretty sick of games revealing near the end that whatever you thought was going on isn't happening because it's actually a metaphor
hey, metaphors supposed to make both kinds of sense. you don't tell the story of the grasshopper and the ant by going "the grasshopper and the ant strapped on their jetpacks to shoot lasers through the 8 sinister worlds of dr. catastrophe!" and then at the end go "the grasshopper woke up in a frozen winter hellscape. no food. his friend the ant was nowhere to be seen" what the gently caress are you talking about?
just let me go on an adventure for gently caress's sake. and sto making me straight

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Cubone posted:

Neversong

it was ok
short, intuitive indie puzzle platformer with simple but smooth hack n slash combat. dug the atmosphere and the setting
but I'm getting pretty sick of games revealing near the end that whatever you thought was going on isn't happening because it's actually a metaphor
hey, metaphors supposed to make both kinds of sense. you don't tell the story of the grasshopper and the ant by going "the grasshopper and the ant strapped on their jetpacks to shoot lasers through the 8 sinister worlds of dr. catastrophe!" and then at the end go "the grasshopper woke up in a frozen winter hellscape. no food. his friend the ant was nowhere to be seen" what the gently caress are you talking about?
just let me go on an adventure for gently caress's sake. and sto making me straight

fortunately i dont pay any attention to video game stories so this stuff doesnt bother me

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

fortunately i dont pay any attention to video game stories so this stuff doesnt bother me

it's cool when you play a 60 hour rpg and can't remember anythign that happened after two weeks

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

trying to jack off posted:

how did you make it through Wizard Sniffer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

dead space

Betwixt thine ears, my goodest of sires. :woop: