Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Blockhouse posted:

I think just looking at the trailer it's incredibly obvious who dies

Aside from Rick and Harley the group on the helicopter doesn't appear with any of the people in the briefing room scene (Bloodsport, King Shark, Ratcatcher, et al) so it's highly likely the helicopter team dies immediately sans Rick and Harley and Bloodsport's team is sent in after

It's even more obvious when you realise that Rick, Peacemaker, et. al aren't in any of the scenes where they're fighting Starro. So Bloodsport, King Shark, Ratcatcher, Harley and Polka-Dot Man are the only ones who make it close to the finish line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They might die but maybe they'll just get really hurt and maimed instead

Then they can be back for the sequel, with like, robot bits for where they got injured

someone hire me immediately

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

theironjef posted:

She talks sequel all the time, she specifically wants to get a Sirens movie going and is apparently championing bringing Ivy into it.

Parts of the Gotham City Sirens script got folded into Birds of Prey. The actual Sirens movie was put on ice last year.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gunn said on insta he'd be down for making a Harley movie. Seems him and Robbie have become pals. Also that he'll never do another Troma film cause no control and no money. Okay dude. Spit on your roots.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Gunn said on insta he'd be down for making a Harley movie. Seems him and Robbie have become pals. Also that he'll never do another Troma film cause no control and no money. Okay dude. Spit on your roots.

Why would you get to the level Gunn is on where you are given pretty much unlimited money and full creative control to see your vision made real and then go back to being told what to do by another guy (even a guy as cool as Lloyd seems) for no budget and no pay? That's not him spitting on his roots, it's him not being a crazy idiot.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lloyd Kaufman is pretty loving crazy tho

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If I was the guy who made Guardians of the Galaxy I would be extremely not interested in being the guy who made Killer Rack

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Why in the world would you go back to Troma when you are one of the biggest directors on the planet? I’m sure Gunn has to turn down a lot of projects.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

If you asked James Gunn the question “as a young new director, should I go do a Troma type film” I have zero doubt he’d let you know what you’d be in for (freedom, price, etc) but he’d end with “but absolutely go for it, you have to start somewhere”. You can still respect and appreciate your roots without wanting to personally revisit it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vintersorg posted:

. Also that he'll never do another Troma film cause no control and no money. Okay dude. Spit on your roots.

As the reigning sub forum king of stupid posts...

The crown is now yours.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I just thought it was a rude statement. But most of his Insta q+a's come across like that (and he's even addressed it as he's busy). 🤷

E:

Maybe less making GBS threads since he likes Lloyd but to me it comes across as insulting.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 24, 2021

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't see how you can read that as insulting at all. It's just true. James Gunn is a 50 year old man who's had two giant hits with the literal biggest media company in the country. He's an adult, not a fresh out of film school kid looking to break into the business. There is nothing in it for him to pretend like he is.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nothing about that is insulting.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You're trying to find a controversy where there is none.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Can't believe this guy is making true statements on the internet

What the gently caress man what a jerk

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
He's just being more direct than some boilerplate thing about scheduling or The Right Project.

Sure it could be phrased better but he doesn't really poo poo on Troma or shy away from it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

FilthyImp posted:

He's just being more direct than some boilerplate thing about scheduling or The Right Project.

Sure it could be phrased better but he doesn't really poo poo on Troma or shy away from it.

Thank you - maybe I meant that too - I could have been phrased better.

You can all put your pitchforks away. :cheeky:

*hands crown back to Rhyno and 50,000,000 he-mans*

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I think we're just used to celebrities playing overly nice rather than being bluntly honest.

I mean at this point I just assume everything positive they say about a project or a colleague is bullshit for the sole purpose of protecting their fragile position in the industry and it's only when they're like "eh, it was a paycheck" I feel like I can trust what they're saying.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

*writes in notebook*

Vintersorg = Anson Mount? Investigate later.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Yeah, I have a lot of fondness for Troma but they're not exactly big, and once hitting Gunn's position I have no expectation that he would go back to directing low-budget splatter films, at least not until his career takes a massive downturn.

Could they convince him to help produce low-budget splatter films though? They could probably get a few extra bucks for fake blood with him attached like that, I'd be down.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

He put Lloyd in the prison scene in Guardians.

Would love a anthology type movie like Twilight Zone: The Movie, or Four Rooms, with James Gunn, Peter Jackson, and Sam Raimi.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Troma is doing that weird big budget toxic avenger movie so they should get Gunn back to direct a $200 million dollar version of Tromeo & Juliet starring Tom Cruise.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Aphrodite posted:

*writes in notebook*

Vintersorg = Anson Mount? Investigate later.

I wish I was that good looking. :swoon:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YjFbMbfXaQ

We're getting Fin Fang Foom, boys

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wait, Abomination!? Neat!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Didn’t see the pants, not confirmed.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist posted:

According to random people on twitter the person he's fighting is Wong, which I'm not sure I believe even if he's clearly doing the glyph shields Doctor Strange does

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Arist posted:

According to the closed caption....loving hell YES!

That was 100% unexpected!

edit:
Sorry for the very blurry bad screencap lmao

Edit: Halloween Kills trailer just dropped. Tonight is a good night.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 25, 2021

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

The ten rings give a person the amazing powers of... Shocker?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Desperado Bones posted:

Edit: Halloween Kills trailer just dropped. Tonight is a good night.

Holy loving poo poo, thank you for mentioning this! The Silver Shamrock masks!

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Looking very very cool.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Arist posted:

Did not expect this one. Very interesting

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I think it's neat but I'm also kinda disappointed that it looks like they're gonna give Shang-Chi powers via those rings (at least some rings for a little while) and the movie's probably gonna end up with him getting all of them. I mean I guess they gotta give him some sort of super power whenever the next team up happens but I kinda hoped they'd just have him solve everything by kung fu-ing real good like comics

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 25, 2021

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

TwoPair posted:

I think it's neat but I'm also kinda disappointed that it looks like they're gonna give Shang-Chi powers via those rings (at least some rings for a little while) and the movie's probably gonna end up with him getting all of them. I mean I guess they gotta give him some sort of super power whenever the next team up happens but I kinda hoped they'd just have him solve everything by kung fu-ing real good like comics

It'd be neat if he walked away with one or two but not all of them, so he's normally a Kung Fu guy but can call on an extra burst of power when poo poo gets serious.

Plus it would also paint a massive target on his back.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

It'd be neat if he walked away with one or two but not all of them, so he's normally a Kung Fu guy but can call on an extra burst of power when poo poo gets serious.

Plus it would also paint a massive target on his back.

Does Shang-Chi also learn airbending from his mom in the comics?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I've watched Kung Fu Hustle too much so I can't help get slightly disappointed when I see a wrist covered in rings start doing magic. If you put the iron rings on you better punch a dude in the chest with them.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

TwoPair posted:

From the emphasis given to them in this trailer, I think it's very likely actually that the movie will end with Shang-Chi destroying or otherwise sealing away the Ten Rings.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

Ror posted:

I've watched Kung Fu Hustle too much so I can't help get slightly disappointed when I see a wrist covered in rings start doing magic.

Don't worry. So has Shang Chi:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Shirkelton posted:

It's even more obvious when you realise that Rick, Peacemaker, et. al aren't in any of the scenes where they're fighting Starro. So Bloodsport, King Shark, Ratcatcher, Harley and Polka-Dot Man are the only ones who make it close to the finish line.

Speculation spoiler.

Given that it is Starro they are fighting, maybe people who aren't in the big fight scenes aren't there because they got mind controlled by Mini Starros? I mean they are probably dead, but if you are using Starro the Conqueror you have better have people mind controlled with star fish glued to their face. After all this is the same guy who made Slither.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jun 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shang should get the rings and destroy them because he doesn't need them and they're too dangerous to keep.