Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BIG AND PROUD posted:

you do realise there’s more to hip hop than kanye kendrick j Cole drake? How can u call urself a fan of the genre if all you listen to is the mainstream poo poo?

Uh yeah there’s also future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
30 new posts.. Cool, wonder what new song came out...

...Oh...

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705SzAFyDDg

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

BIG AND PROUD posted:

don't worry who I am. answer the question.

YOU DIDNT ANSWER MINE

DRAKE OR PUSHA-T?!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

well well well, how the worm has turned

Lol that's amazing

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I love Polo G and I'm really glad he hit number one but it's really funny that every song dude makes sounds melancholy

he made a song called Party Lyfe featuring DaBaby and it's still got a minor key guitar riff that makes it sound like he's sad about how much fun he's having

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJea386275c

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
thank god tyler is rapping again. i’m glad igor connected with some people but I would have been sad if he had stayed in that lane forever

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

drat, I want a croissant now.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
didn't think i'd see a Lancia Delta in a tyler video but i like it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/excitebikee/status/1407173195753574406

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I read all that yesterday and it reminded me how much I liked Behind the Front, and then they changed to the high occupancy lane and picked up Fergie and a hologram Will.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETh_n0u-g5o

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Already love the aesthetic of this Tyler album.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Tyler has good taste. I really dig his lane.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Tyler winning me over with these last few tracks. I liked flower boy and Igor but I fell off Odd Future/Tyler's stuff after Goblin came out. Really looking forward to this album

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I'm a little late on this but that new Vince Staples song is so good. My only complaint with Vince is he always leaves me wanting more.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Escobarbarian posted:

I wish there was a version of i with the energy/live feel of the album version but without him stopping to go on some inane rant about how black people need to start using the word negus instead halfway through

Yeah man how dare that black dude making a rap album explicitly about the black experience give his thoughts about black culture. KEEP POLITICS OUT MY MUSIC! MORE KILLING OTHER YOUNG BLACK MEN FOR MY PLEASURE!

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

BIG AND PROUD posted:

then don't bitch. go back to posting about kendrick irrelevant rear end

BIG AND PROUD posted:

new uptown xo.

Hmmmm

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Crumbletron posted:

shoutout jcole

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Vargatron posted:

my entire rap exposure is listening to Gummo on repeat

Most people prefer Kids but I can get down with this. Don't remember much rap tho

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

I'm a little late on this but that new Vince Staples song is so good. My only complaint with Vince is he always leaves me wanting more.

Believe he has an album soon.

Also getting in with the quintuple post hell yeah

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

alansmithee posted:

Yeah man how dare that black dude making a rap album explicitly about the black experience give his thoughts about black culture. KEEP POLITICS OUT MY MUSIC! MORE KILLING OTHER YOUNG BLACK MEN FOR MY PLEASURE!

hahahahahahahahah

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
lineup on this is crazy. Suspect is the best in UK drill right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYB4bPSaV5E

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

The tall one out of Pete and Bas is way better than his shorter friend.

Suspect is so good

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_FKky-t07k

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
tyler album's on spotify now

seems good so far? very mixtape vibes, short songs and a hype man yellin poo poo over it, including, like, the album title

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

MASSA is loving fantastic imo. I’m about half way through the album and haven’t heard anything approaching a bad track yet.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Tyler always wanted a Gangsta Grillz mixtape, and he did himself one better by making it an album instead, and it's fantastic. He raps his rear end off. It's also neat to hear the parts that clearly tie back to some of his prior eras too. Like there's synths that are identical to ones on Igor, while there's other runs that echo Wolf and even Goblin, and it's no mistake, it's a callback. This is cohesive even beyond itself.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I like Tyler and I like this.

Huge MF Doom vibes

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

err posted:

lineup on this is crazy. Suspect is the best in UK drill right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYB4bPSaV5E

suspect improved so much. he used to be enthusiastic but hosed up his flows. for some reason i thought he'd fled the country because he was wanted on an m charge but that must have been some other ag guy.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

drat. I haven't sat and listened to a new release like that in a while. I think the new Tyler is real good. 5 thumbs up.

Happy Hedonist fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jun 25, 2021

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hot Wind Blows has Weezy sounding maybe the most animated I've heard him sound in years, drat

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
drat this album is great. Wayne has the best feature, but P went off on Juggernaut. Between this, Move That Dope and Lavish (personal fav) dude can really rap when he wants.

Watching Tyler’s trajectory since bastard has been a blast. I thought the dude would be big, but never thought he’d have such a lasting career with as many good albums as he has had. Not only that but he seems to be getting better over time. Dude hasn’t really plateaued even if people didn’t vibe with certain projects like Cherry Bomb or Igor

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

holy poo poo didn't realise it was out today
gonna listen now
I've loved the last two tyler albums, i think he's an incredible talent

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Also didn't know it was out, putting it on now, I didn't like IGOR so hoping this is completely different.

cardinale posted:

The tall one out of Pete and Bas is way better than his shorter friend.

Whaa, I've always preferred the other geezer. His rapping voice is unique.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

manifesto :whatup:

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

That loving beat. God drat.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
this is easily my favourite Tyler album since WOLF and maybe my favourite ever. up there with his best production work and definitely his best bars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Safari reminds me a bit of DOOM and I’m here for it. It may be my favorite song on the album.