Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Does anyone else have the issue with both base PSO2 and NGS where it doesn't remember which monitor to output to? The display number in the launcher never seems to correspond to the values in Windows, and it seemingly changes every time I turn my TV off and back on or change the input. It's getting really tedious to have to boot the game up two or three times until it's outputting correctly to my TV set.

I feel like I didn't run into the problem nearly as much when I was using PSO Tweaker, but the display numbering was still messed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I ran into a Gigantix, did about 10-15% of normal damage even at level 20, died to it in about 3 hits, and then it promptly disappeared when the bad weather ended.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I like that there’s actual challenging enemies like that. PSO2 turned enemies into total fodder (well, until the end game I guess) and while it was cool to tear through hordes of them with sick photon weapons, it lost the feeling of actually having some kind of danger or meaningful fight.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
That all said, I'd say this is the first bit of optional stuff they put in to give the people going whole ham something to do in the meantime. So don't feel pressured about needing to go fight these things if you don't want to.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
oh naw, I'm excited as heck to go fight these things after spending so much time in game experimenting with class combinations and getting them levelled up. i still have a bit of ways to go with armor enhancement but im happy the challenge is there!

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Really wish that they implemented gigantix better because as is, this is some of the worst content they've ever added to PSO2. Just mobs of people sitting afk waiting for a thunderstorm to maybe happen, people who got bored and left while afk making the fight impossible to win, and that's made worse by the fact that you can't make private groups for exploration areas.

Just real bad all around. Hope they change it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I like that there’s actual challenging enemies like that. PSO2 turned enemies into total fodder (well, until the end game I guess) and while it was cool to tear through hordes of them with sick photon weapons, it lost the feeling of actually having some kind of danger or meaningful fight.

I pretty much stopped playing PSO2 in the middle of leveling because the leveling experience was just "pick whichever expedition I have client orders from then spend X minutes running around the field and oneshotting trash mobs with my aoe" and it bored me to tears

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Why are there no wedding CAST parts? What if we want to feel pretty too?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I think PSO2…. Might be a bad game

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

If I main techer and sub force, techs cast from my rod would be at -10%, correct?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
That's what I heard, unless you multi the rod into your wand or talis. Supposedly that gets around it.
But all you'd really gain from that is being able to call up the rod parry or normal attack on the fly so i dunno how important that is.

Actually that gives me a question. Are you able to do weapon-only skills like blight rounds if the weapon is multi'd into something else?

MR. J fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 24, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You can also just use your wand or talis to cast techs for the exact same damage as a Force would get by casting with a rod.
Talis still counts as a force weapon so all you lose out on compared to Rod is the rod parry (use wand parry with a multiweapon, if you want a parry) and the Maintain PP Gain skill.
If you use a wand to cast techs instead of a talis you'll also lose access to the two "only with force weapons" passives, Technique Charge PP Well Up and Slow Landing Charge-Force (but you can use Slow Landing Charge-Techter anyways).

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

MR. J posted:

That's what I heard, unless you multi the rod into your wand or talis. Supposedly that gets around it.
But all you'd really gain from that is being able to call up the rod parry or normal attack on the fly so i dunno how important that is.

Actually that gives me a question. Are you able to do weapon-only skills like blight rounds if the weapon is multi'd into something else?

Talis nice, but I absolutely loathe the wand parry

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

TalonDemonKing posted:

Talis nice, but I absolutely loathe the wand parry

It's pretty bad

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MR. J posted:

Literally the entire reason I have a launcher/rifle multiweapon is so I can use blight rounds in between launcher attacks without having to switch palettes.
It all works pretty seamlessly.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Maintain PP gain isn't really that great. Elemental bullet is pretty decent actually, but requires you to actually parry and stuff. Rod technique hold never seems to come up for me. Not sure what Rod React advanced is even supposed to be telling me to do. On the flip side, Talis is really good right out of the box. You can cast techs straight from talis or use the more efficient mode.

My biggest issue here is going 'Do I Talis Techer/X since shifta/deband is so good, or do I Rod+Talis Force/X, because I actually enjoy using the rod for most content, even if it feels like talis is better for bossing.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can't seem to sprint when using an Xbox 360 controller on PC, what am I missing here?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SuperKlaus posted:

Can't seem to sprint when using an Xbox 360 controller on PC, what am I missing here?

Your triggers might have weird deadzones I guess, but you have to hold R2, you'll start sprinting after the dodge

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

MR. J posted:

multiweapon doesn't really let you cheat the mainclass 10% boost. I think you can get full power techs by only casting with it in wand/talis form, but a rod multiweaponed isn't going to have full damage on it's techs/photon bullet/etc

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
... Okay, I'm apparently quite dumb. What determines if the Talis alternate shot is the horizontal triple shot or the full circle AOE?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ardeem posted:

... Okay, I'm apparently quite dumb. What determines if the Talis alternate shot is the horizontal triple shot or the full circle AOE?

There's two stages to the area PA, if you stop it after the first one it's the three prong, if you let it do the whole thing it's the field type

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Thanks!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Other than the weapon action and attack, is there any advantage to using Rod anyway?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
A lot of the Force skills are Rod only.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Man people get pissy if you have the audacity to play in the marshes when you're not level 20. Some other rando and I were the only ones there for an hour having fun wandering around fighting veteran Bujins and frogs, then over time the counter ticked up to 32/32 and people who were just camping out for the thunderstorm boss started getting all mad. We were here first, nerds.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Coxswain Balls posted:

Man people get pissy if you have the audacity to play in the marshes when you're not level 20. Some other rando and I were the only ones there for an hour having fun wandering around fighting veteran Bujins and frogs, then over time the counter ticked up to 32/32 and people who were just camping out for the thunderstorm boss started getting all mad. We were here first, nerds.

Yeah there's a reason why people are extremely unhappy with this new mechanic. Underdeveloped people being around just makes it harder for everyone else. Which sucks rear end

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Coxswain Balls posted:

Yeah Gigantix is bringing out the worst in the playerbase.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Welp emergency maintenance again.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Coxswain Balls posted:

You pull your content out of instanced missions of which you can control access, dump them onto an open world everyone has to share, and suddenly people have an opinion about everyone else who plays. :v:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i feel like gigantix would be better if they felt more like an optional thing than an obligatory endgame thing in a situation where there's a dearth of other obligatory endgame things.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I'd say less optional and/or obligatory and more "only thing TO do"

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
We got all this open world now there should be a soccer field or space quiddich or something

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Suddenly I miss the lonely bouncing ball in the ARK plaza I would kick around by myself sometimes when bored

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

there should be events where you take the regional mags out for walkies as a group and they dig up upgrade mats for you

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I'm hoping we get some fantastic EQ's in the future. I don't know if it's because it was the first EQ I participated in but the Yamato is one of my favorites.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

CYBEReris posted:

there should be events where you take the regional mags out for walkies as a group and they dig up upgrade mats for you

I never cared much for Mags being stat sticks, so turning them into full-blown pets is peachy with me!

Let me have a whole gaggle of them follow me around being adorable. Pit them against one another in silly races or pokemon battles. Anything!

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
When they add mag appearances again they should add a feature where for like 5000SG someone can use a mag device on a region mag to turn it into a giant version of that mag for all players for a month.

WALL of SCIENCE!
Feb 8, 2003

I'm good. You good?

Sherry Bahm posted:

I never cared much for Mags being stat sticks, so turning them into full-blown pets is peachy with me!

Let me have a whole gaggle of them follow me around being adorable. Pit them against one another in silly races or pokemon battles. Anything!

They should just turn mags into the new Chaos. Find mag parts during missions! Breed new, rare mags that don't do anything except look cool/cute.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I just want the ability to have my mag float over my other shoulder because it's clipping into my weapon camo right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ardeem posted:

I just want the ability to have my mag float over my other shoulder because it's clipping into my weapon camo right now.

Can always adjust your sheath position, unless it’s a stupid-huge camo.