Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Fitzy Fitz posted:

If I could play FTL on my phone I'd probably never put it down.

Honestly I feel like I'd get really frustrated with it. There's a lot of split second decisions during fights and I'm not convinced phone controls would be the greatest. Still, I'd give it a fair shake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Crying Suns is on play pass, it's ftl ish. The combat is very different -- You scoot squadrons of fighters around on a map and it's pretty fiddly on a small screen but just about everything else is extremely FTL.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
It's also gorgeous and very good

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Crying Suns is hekking fun, I like it a lot.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

DreadUnknown posted:

Crying Suns is hekking fun, I like it a lot.

I liked it a lot too, but I just didn't get nearly as much replay value out of it as FTL. I don't know why. It was a wonderful game.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
I remembered I had Star Traders Frontiers, and while it also isn't FTL, it's still pretty fun. It's more RPG than roguelike, but scratches the itch decently.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

staplegun posted:

We have an inactive person that we're working on being able to replace, I'll give you a heads up if something becomes available if you're still interested. There's nothing that doesn't transfer over if you keep playing in another guild in the meantime except for perks points you gather for their guild when you complete bounties

edit: oh i missed the other person that had posted earlier, so it might take a while longer for a slot to open up for you. Bright side is that you don't miss out on very much by running in a pubbie guild compared to ours if you decide to keep on playing.

I know there's probably not room right now but if a spot opens up let me know. Name is Good Citizen#65222

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

I know there's probably not room right now but if a spot opens up let me know. Name is Good Citizen#65222

There's an inactive we're looking to cycle out but we need to invest a bit into the town hall so it doesn't delevel. It shouldn't take that long though, maybe like a day or so if you want to just bounce around pubbie guilds in the meantime.

edit: invite sent!

staplegun fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 11, 2021

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

staplegun posted:

There's an inactive we're looking to cycle out but we need to invest a bit into the town hall so it doesn't delevel. It shouldn't take that long though, maybe like a day or so if you want to just bounce around pubbie guilds in the meantime.

Cool deal. I found a decent pub guild so I'm just getting back into the swing of things for now. I used to play a ton of shop heroes and I got to high 30s in titans before trailing off.

Just let me know when a spot opens. I'll be around

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

I remembered I had Star Traders Frontiers, and while it also isn't FTL, it's still pretty fun. It's more RPG than roguelike, but scratches the itch decently.

I just started playing this and I'm enjoying it so far but man does it seem like I'm constantly catching up, not in terms of difficulty but with having to learn so many fiddly mechanics.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

I just started playing this and I'm enjoying it so far but man does it seem like I'm constantly catching up, not in terms of difficulty but with having to learn so many fiddly mechanics.

Haha, yeah I'm still lost on what a lot of the stats actually do. The best tip I can provide is to upgrade the Weapons Locker as high as you can, ASAP. It's nice boost to the boarding and exploration combats, which are frequent and dangerous enough that it's very worthwhile, especially for just one upgrade.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Haha, yeah I'm still lost on what a lot of the stats actually do. The best tip I can provide is to upgrade the Weapons Locker as high as you can, ASAP. It's nice boost to the boarding and exploration combats, which are frequent and dangerous enough that it's very worthwhile, especially for just one upgrade.

Thanks for the tip. I'm liking the game enough after a couple hours that I'm gonna look up some starting tips like that as I've gotten my butt kicked in a couple of battles already.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

New spot open in the Shop Titans guild if anyone else wanted in. Just drop your player ID and I'll sent out an invite!

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Thanks for the tip. I'm liking the game enough after a couple hours that I'm gonna look up some starting tips like that as I've gotten my butt kicked in a couple of battles already.

First couple runs, focus on your officers and autotrain your crew. Early on, grab as many skill save talents as you can. After that, try to get some talents that will get you more contacts.

Doing the Caen quest line is a decent one in the beginning because a) its just a lot of ferry quests b) you only piss off one faction c) he pays well.

What kind of run are you doing?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Kris xK posted:

First couple runs, focus on your officers and autotrain your crew. Early on, grab as many skill save talents as you can. After that, try to get some talents that will get you more contacts.

Doing the Caen quest line is a decent one in the beginning because a) its just a lot of ferry quests b) you only piss off one faction c) he pays well.

What kind of run are you doing?

Cheers, yeah I've done what you've said. I'm doing a basic difficulty run starting as a smuggler but I've sort of transitioned into xeno relic explorer / transport (person/cube) peon. I've just gotten to the part of the game where Space Covid has been cured. I'm currently saving up for one of the endgame ships (eyeing the Sword Battle Cruiser) but am still in the Frontier Liner, though kitted out.

At this difficulty level I haven't had much trouble to be honest once I started figuring out ship combat a bit. The only times I get into trouble now is in xeno fights as I'm not sure what is the best sort of crew combat loadout for them. I'd say I only win about 75 percent or so of those battles, and a fair few with just last man standing skin of my teeth situation.

However, I'm probably going to abandon this playthrough soon and switch to normal difficulty so I can start on the unlocks. From what I understand, basic difficulty is basically kids mode and I've picked up a lot of bad habits that I'll have to shake off.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Hello Android thread! If you're an iOS gamer, an idle gamer, or a game maker, you may have already seen me talk about my idle/toy game IncrediMarble! Well, I think it's ready for Android prime time so I need your help.
Test my game!
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.funfirst.letsroll
Look, it's fun!

You build marble slides, connect them together, make the marbles go through them, earn money, use the money to upgrade and build more slides, and then just sit there and stare at it!
I'm sure it will hold your attention long enough to help me determine if it has awful crashing bugs. Thanks!
Oh yeah, send any feedback to android (at) incredimarble.com really whatever you want. The game is done but I love hearing any and all suggestions.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jun 17, 2021

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

staplegun posted:

New spot open in the Shop Titans guild if anyone else wanted in. Just drop your player ID and I'll sent out an invite!

On top of this there is a birthday event that is giving out a good 3 months worth of premium currency this week

It's a good time to join or come back - it's a good chunk of gems that will give you a good boost

norp fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jun 18, 2021

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

DaveKap posted:

Test my game!
I ended up releasing this. Have fun y'all!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funfirst.letsroll
(And if you like it, leave a dang review. Thanks!)

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/babaisyou_/status/1407354402986414090?s=19

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

There's over 200 levels? Jesus I'm way too dumb for that game

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Len posted:

There's over 200 levels? Jesus I'm way too dumb for that game

yeah I thought I was going to love that game right up until I actually played and got stumped on like every other level after the tutorial poo poo. whatever puzzle skill that game tests is not one i possess at all

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Aardvark! posted:

yeah I thought I was going to love that game right up until I actually played and got stumped on like every other level after the tutorial poo poo. whatever puzzle skill that game tests is not one i possess at all

Same, I installed it from the Palestine bundle the other day and just ended up frustrated. It's definitely not a thing I'm good at

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I made it to the point where I could assign rules to empty tiles and my brain immediately broke.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I've been sticking through it. To me it's one of those perfect games to walk away from and come back hours, days, weeks later, and then feel like a loving genius for finally spotting the solution.

I'd get it on my phone, but I've put enough time into the desktop one, and I'm pretty sure Slay the Spire is that last thing I ever need on my phone.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've beaten all the levels in Baba Is You (or rather, I played on the couch with a friend at my side and we collectively beat it).

Trust me, the game gets hard as hell. Some of the solutions you have to come up with are some huge galaxy brain poo poo. The nice thing is that, once you understand the rules the game's operating on it makes perfect sense, but holy hell you need to make some logical leaps to get there.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I beat The Witness without a single hint or solution, but got like ten levels into Baba and just started screaming at my Switch. Like, I'm saying I'm not terrible with puzzles but something about that game just breaks my brain.

Perfect game for the phone though, I can imagine just trying a puzzle while waiting for the bus or something, then sort of twisting possible solutions in your head until you get the chance to pick your phone up again.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
The difficulty curve of Baba Is You gets steep pretty fast. When the new content and level sharing is released in the near future, I hope there is also something for the more casual puzzle fans like myself.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

DaveKap posted:

I ended up releasing this. Have fun y'all!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funfirst.letsroll
(And if you like it, leave a dang review. Thanks!)

Oh neat I remember seeing this in the Idle thread. Glad to see it's on Android now

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

Oh neat I remember seeing this in the Idle thread. Glad to see it's on Android now

There is an idle thread?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

NPR Journalizard posted:

There is an idle thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895630

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

There's a website that gives baba hints with no spoilers and progressive hints until you either figure it out or just get the solution, if that kind of assistance is your thing. Unfortunately it's a little annoying to use on mobile because of the way you highlight hints to reveal them. https://www.keyofw.com/baba-is-hint/overworld

It also may be outdated and they're could be a newer version somewhere but I haven't looked.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Nighthand posted:

There's a website that gives baba hints with no spoilers and progressive hints until you either figure it out or just get the solution, if that kind of assistance is your thing. Unfortunately it's a little annoying to use on mobile because of the way you highlight hints to reveal them. https://www.keyofw.com/baba-is-hint/overworld

It also may be outdated and they're could be a newer version somewhere but I haven't looked.

Oh man, this seems like exactly what I need to get back into the game.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Are there any Hockey, Soccer or Basketball games in the vein of retrobowl?
That's such a drat good game

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

loving omg yes, I am DYING for a hockey version

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Tiny Chalupa posted:

The publishers (devs?) released Retro Goal on iOS and I have been eagerly waiting for the Android port (soon?).

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

XCOM2 is coming to Android soon and I can't wait. Playing through XCOM:EW on my commute to work is definitely a highlight of Android Gaming to me and I wish there were more PC ports because I'll happily pay for that quality even if I already own the game on PC.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

XCOM2 is coming to Android soon and I can't wait. Playing through XCOM:EW on my commute to work is definitely a highlight of Android Gaming to me and I wish there were more PC ports because I'll happily pay for that quality even if I already own the game on PC.
Oh sweet. Was wondering if that would ever happen. I swore I'd never play EW again after over 100 hours and ironman classic, but the android port sucked me in once again.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That is pretty cool, I started up another run on PC recently but got sidetracked with other stuff. I played EW on my phone but X-Com 2 might be a bit tight on a phone screen.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
XCOM2 was so bad on ps4 so I'm hoping this one won't have 15 min loading screens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Arzaac posted:

I've beaten all the levels in Baba Is You (or rather, I played on the couch with a friend at my side and we collectively beat it).

Trust me, the game gets hard as hell. Some of the solutions you have to come up with are some huge galaxy brain poo poo. The nice thing is that, once you understand the rules the game's operating on it makes perfect sense, but holy hell you need to make some logical leaps to get there.

I got to the point with baba that I was seriously considering just implementing the game as a solver to figure out the levels. I thought better of it and just quit.

It was in world 2 or 3. There are a lot more worlds than that.