Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

i ate 100mg of edibles last weekend and sat in bed playing ff7r intergrade tears streaming down my face because of how loving hot tifa is

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

a Loving Dog posted:

i ate 100mg of edibles last weekend and sat in bed playing ff7r intergrade tears streaming down my face because of how loving hot tifa is

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://kidscreen.com/2021/06/21/cyber-group-lines-up-final-fantasy-ix-series/

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

never played ff7 original [last ff game i played was the FF3:DS remake] and started ff7r last night (from ps+), this game is fun as hell wtf

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

ff3 ds is the worst game ive ever finished and its not close, its taken me like 12 years to recover

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

buffalo all day posted:

never played ff7 original [last ff game i played was the FF3:DS remake] and started ff7r last night (from ps+), this game is fun as hell wtf

duh

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

final fantasy 3 stumbled around drunkenly so that final fantasy 5 could run.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ff3DS is the absolute worst FF game, now every single other one you play will be awesome in comparison. Nice strat

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its insane how bad 3 ds is. i honestly dont think ive ever played a worse rpg and i've played some pretty lousy poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FF3 DS could have been okay but they made some baffling design decisions like halving the enemy count and increasing their stats instead. Also you get a stat penalty from switching jobs which is mind-blowingly dumb

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

thats also not counting stuff like removing boss weaknesses to certain jobs so theyre just a big pain in the rear end or giving some bosses extra attacks and also super elevated stats so they blast your rear end in a top hat out every round. also no loving save points!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

thats also not counting stuff like removing boss weaknesses to certain jobs so theyre just a big pain in the rear end or giving some bosses extra attacks and also super elevated stats so they blast your rear end in a top hat out every round. also no loving save points!

What were they thinking!!!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i never actually beat 3 ds because i got to cloud of darkness, instantly got my rear end in a top hat blown out because they cranked her stats like crazy and gave her four actions, spent like five hours grinding, and then got my rear end in a top hat blown out again and lost all the grind. gently caress that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

i never actually beat 3 ds because i got to cloud of darkness, instantly got my rear end in a top hat blown out because they cranked her stats like crazy and gave her four actions, spent like five hours grinding, and then got my rear end in a top hat blown out again and lost all the grind. gently caress that

Apparently the Steam version autosaves when you get into an encounter or exit an area but it's still buggy and doesn't make up for the other poo poo

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Fungah! posted:

lmao having to replay that final level from the beginning (including beating 4 different bosses) every time the final boss demolished you was an absolutely insane design choice, ive never seen anything like it

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
I'm slogging my rear end through FF2 and you're telling me 3 is worse aaaah

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
FF2 and FF3 are fine. But I only played the NES and GBA versions of 2 and NES version of 3.

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
3 famicom is fine, the ds version made it alot harder with no added benefits. 2 is a horrible slog that wants you to grind using every weapon and magic spell for hours just to make them usable, and you have the hit yourself to level up

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
SaGa gamers jus' built different I guess, huh. [tries to walk out of the thread but im stuggling to fit my huge chad body with tiny little legs back out the door frame]

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

SaGa gamers jus' built different I guess, huh. [tries to walk out of the thread but im stuggling to fit my huge chad body with tiny little legs back out the door frame]

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

3 nes is fine. its very nes rpg but it has cool ideas nd some fun stuff. 2 is pretty bad but it led directly to one of my favorite rpg series ever so actually it's good. 3 ds in particular is a bucket of dog poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

Lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Hizke posted:

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

Fartlancer posted:

3 famicom is fine, the ds version made it alot harder with no added benefits. 2 is a horrible slog that wants you to grind using every weapon and magic spell for hours just to make them usable, and you have the hit yourself to level up

Thanks for the warning! bummer because I was stoked for the 3d graphics.

I've been casting magic attacks on my own party to level up MP and it feels really stupid and is boring as well (in 2)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hizke posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

thinkin about it, 3 nes is really cool for a nes game, it has some really neat setpieces like bahamut grabbing you to feed you to its kids nd the job system is super complex for an 8-bit era game. it doesnt hold up super well for the modern era but at the time it was probably mind-blowing. really great soundtrack too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VRWlmXuv8E

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BODYBUILDER: Where do you work out?
KAWAZU:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

KAWAZU:

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

KAWAZU:

Lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

KAWAZU:

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

KAWAZU:

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is how you level up in Last Remnant

The Unit Battle Rank is used to calculate the applied Stat Growth compensation for each particular character. Each unit has a 2-dimensional table which maps out Enemy Battle Rank difference vs Stat Growth rate. Each unit's Stat Growth vs Battle Rank Difference table has 6 fixed mapping points at static BR difference values. The mapping covers a range of up to 50 Battle Ranks

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Hizke posted:

lmfao

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Pablo Nergigante posted:

KAWAZU:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

The Unit Battle Rank is used to calculate the applied Stat Growth compensation for each particular character. Each unit has a 2-dimensional table which maps out Enemy Battle Rank difference vs Stat Growth rate. Each unit's Stat Growth vs Battle Rank Difference table has 6 fixed mapping points at static BR difference values. The mapping covers a range of up to 50 Battle Ranks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Units’ testicles shrink and grow in real time
You can rename your units
Your battle rank will ALWAYS be back on your unit