Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

I'm down with that cube recipe if there's also one to cube a gift into 1000 DBs because gently caress, it's hard to keep up enough DBs even with Sage's this season.

How? I'm consistently flatline on the other mats (even blue, because I change those to the other mats as I need to) but I have like almost 10000 DBs (also I'm at like 25 gifts in the stash)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
A few weeks of making about 120 rings or amulets a night just eats DBs faster than doing rats eats keys.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

How? I'm consistently flatline on the other mats (even blue, because I change those to the other mats as I need to) but I have like almost 10000 DBs (also I'm at like 25 gifts in the stash)

Mr. Zimboo is playing a different version of D3 than you are 👀

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Honestly, I'm mostly playing Seasons for a new pet and an easy set, it's easier than hunting Menagerist goblins;)

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Menagerists and rainbow goblins are just something you incidentally hit while you farm bounties for reforging/rare upgrading mats anyway.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Menagerists and rainbow goblins are just something you incidentally hit while you farm bounties for reforging/rare upgrading mats anyway.

This is how I completed my collection of Pokémon pets.

Duuk
Sep 4, 2006

Victorious, he returned to us, claiming that he had slain the drought where even Orlanth could not. The god-talkers were not sure what to make of this.
Checking out the firebird wizard.

2 questions:
1.) The final build seems to have an assload of attack speed increase. For some reason they are not recommending Broken Promises. It'd clear up a whole lot of equipment slots for toughness or CDR or whatever when you're actively trying to whiff your crits. Too unreliable? Doesn't work as promised?
2.) The final build recommends cubing a Furnace, which is all well and good, but why not Deathwish? You can Explosive Blast while channeling, so it looks like it could be an option?

There's an alternate that uses Deathwish, still not sure about the Promises.

Duuk fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jun 25, 2021

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Broken promise has an internal cooldown and isn't worth giving up a ring slot. It's not good for any build afaik.

Mirror image firebird with deathwish is the more common build. I assume you're talking about the flame blades one if you're stacking IAS?

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
The other FB build that stacks some IAS is the RGK version with Hydra that uses IAS to hit a particular Hydra breakpoint. EB alone isn't enough procs while channeling but every Mirror Image variant (the strongest version with the most boring gameplay) uses Deathwish. One of my friends spent ~3400 paragons this season chasing a primal Deathwish and never got one. I dunno where you're looking that Deathwish is the alternate build but you should probably find a better source of build guides.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Is there a braindead wizard build? My buddy is max level for the first time and he's like me in that he prefers very simple builds. He had his heart set on Wizard and I couldn't convince him to roll Barb this season

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

big cummers ONLY posted:

Is there a braindead wizard build? My buddy is max level for the first time and he's like me in that he prefers very simple builds. He had his heart set on Wizard and I couldn't convince him to roll Barb this season

Typhon is pretty simple. You just run around dropping hydras and pressing blizzard to proc winter flury when there's a yellow or a lot of density

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Mirror image firebird is extremely braindead. You channel a bit at the start of the rift to build stacks, then teleport, channel and keep up images. If you're using the F/R build you just tap flame blade once in a while then go back to channeling/teleporting.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
My saved game data dint make it over from my ps4 which i've given away. i only play seasons so I dont really care about the characters but i have to re do the loving campaign to unluck the difficulty before torment god dammit >.<

which sucks at this point in the season

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Do they handle that differently on consoles? Because on PC you can take a brand new never played account directly into seasonal adventure mode.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Oh i can play seasonal adventure mode or whatever and just grind rifts instead of doing the whole like.... frolic to leoric and go get Kanai's etc etc (i froget the procedure here) but I'm gated from Master Difficulty which required clearing act IV and T1 requires a level 70 char. So I'd need to (and a few guys if we play at the start of next season) would need to do the thing on Normal/hard/expert which is fine i guess for the intial bit since you just wanna run through for your crown and bullshit but would slow down the race to 70 off the break :/

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
I powerleveled a brand new account at t6 on pc and the guy literally never joined/started a game on non-torment difficulty so i guess it is different on console.

Duuk
Sep 4, 2006

Victorious, he returned to us, claiming that he had slain the drought where even Orlanth could not. The god-talkers were not sure what to make of this.
Thanks for the replies guys - the guide was from Icy Veins - the Mirror Image build seems to be the top one in the list, but for some reason search defaulted me to the flame blades spec.
So I switched to MI.

This thing is obscene.

It's clearing GR85 solo faster than my Holy Shotgun sader.
It bloody feels tankier than the sader, although some of that is being able to tele into safety.

The sader is geared to the point where it needs an Ancient shield and Caldesann's Despairs on everything for me to call it done. (Not perfect rolls and a Primal Swiftmount for a weapon, but mostly Ancients with the important modifiers on them.) I've cleared GR97 with it solo, and I think damage wise it could clear higher, but my laptop becomes a slideshow in big battles and I struggle to keep it alive. I'm assuming you need some of those Despairs and paragons to go much higher? Skills, too.

Meanwhile, the Wizard is gleefully burninating the countryside in random scrounged up normal rolls. I don't have the skills, FPS and patience to test the limits, but it could probably match the sader already. Some of the gear I found in my stash, a couple were gifts from Kadala and and the rest are halfbaked craftables (made with scraps from rerolling a sader shield a million times to no effect). Pretty amazing.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

I'm playing on the PS4, in case that changes anything.

I managed to find Ambo's Pride which helps a lot with whirlwind barbarian. I extracted the legendary power with the cube, and the item has disappeared, but I cannot assign the power in Kanai's Cube. It's the first power I've extracted so I can't even click through to the Kanai's Cube powers to see what's in there.

Anyone have an idea what might have happened?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This might seem really basic but are you clicking on the weapon slot (sword background) in the cube to assign the power? And that you're on the first page of the weapon powers where Ambo's would be? And that you're not switching between a seasonal / non-seasonal / hardcore character because they don't share progression?

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

This might seem really basic but are you clicking on the weapon slot (sword background) in the cube to assign the power? And that you're on the first page of the weapon powers where Ambo's would be? And that you're not switching between a seasonal / non-seasonal / hardcore character because they don't share progression?

No, basic is good. I'll run through these:

I've only got a non-seasonal character. When I go to "Skills" and then move the selection highlight in the wheel to "Assigned powers" or whatever it's called, I can't even tap the X button to open it, so I can't see any pages inside the cube.

Edit: I'm silly, or the game is silly. I thought I needed to assign Kanai's Cube powers in the Skills screen, but it's a tab in the Kanai's Cube window. I didn't even see that there. I watched a video on Youtube of someone going through the steps and only noticed it in the video.

ahobday fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jun 28, 2021

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

You have to go to the cube itself to assign powers, the character sheet won't do anything. Sorry if you're already doing this.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
D3 makes a lot more sense if you think of it as a 2012 videogame with a decade's worth of endgame kludged onto it in nonsensical ways.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Is there a good resource for non-seasonal builds that don't rely on insane luck to find gear?

I'd like to aim towards something that doesn't require hundreds of hours of runs to find very specific loot.

If I find that specific gear along the way, great, but until then I'm sort of fumbling in the dark because all of the guides I find require full sets or very specific legendaries.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You can get everything you need for 90% of all builds within hours of hitting 70, especially if you play on Seasons where they give you a free set for doing the journey.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The only builds that require "insane" luck are ones that need a certain attack speed or cooldown breakpoint. And even then they'll probably work fine for your purposes before you hit those. There just aren't any super rare items in the game anymore. It only gets hard if you're fishing for specific stats + ancient.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Or if you're a Masquerade set/Simulacrum Necromancer and your whole set + gimmick doesn't work without the Haunted Visions amulet that only drops at level 70. And that one's still less "insane luck" and more "gambling for an expensive item with no non-grindy shortcuts, in the most crowded item pool possible."

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah Diablo 3 is no longer a “hundreds of hours” game and is now maybe a “dozens of hours” game and for most ITT it’s a “couple of hours” game.

The only thing you really can’t target is cubes, everything else has a pretty straightforward path to access.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It's a game that feels great to pop into every couple of months until you want to do something else.

Unlike other diablo like ARPGs, I feel like D3 is fairly respectful of my time in regards to it's drop rates and such. I feel this more and more as I get older and have more dad stuff to do.

This is really the opposite of D2. The remaster is going to be fascinating I think; it'll look great, but the systems have not aged well. Maybe if you play it like a roguelike or something. I am super curious to see if they update anything other than the appearance.

Duuk
Sep 4, 2006

Yeah, finding good enough loot to make your build demolish reasonably high Torments/grifts is pretty quick in D3. Esp with the season set.

The Holy Shotgun sader I mentioned earlier has between 30 and 40 hours in it and mostly ancient gear.
The Firebird wizard has less than 20 hours and only a few hours trying to gear up for the new set meta - although I think I have been pretty lucky with this one. Played 40 minutes today, got a primal CoE drop (int, crit chance, socket and some trash rerollable line) and ancient Deathwish (one of two rare swords I upgraded in the cube).

I'm really enjoying the Mirror Images. It reminds me slightly of the D2 summonmancer in how you just tele around, see the sights and apply "the curse", let your minions do the work. Or, if you really want something specific dead, you tele on top of it and nuke with minions plus corpse self explosion.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

A cube recipe to create a Gift would be really nice, but yeah other than that, getting a character up to line base T16 competency is not that strenuous.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

That's good to know. I've been playing end-game for maybe 15 hours and have a collection of random legendary gear that I've put on my character because I sort-of think it helps me? I'm currently running greater rifts at Torment 5 with no problem.

At this point I'd just like something to aim towards for a sense of progression, but most builds I come across are seasonal. I think I'm about to stop playing because at this point I don't have a sense of how I should focus my time.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah that's because basically no one plays non-seasonal.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
There's no difference between seasonal and non seasonal builds this season.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The season journey tells you exactly how to focus your time, by guiding you through some very simple objectives and giving you a free set at the end. If you roll a new character on seasons somebody can powerlevel you to 70 in like 10 minutes, there's literally no reason to mope around on NS.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The previous season, I didn't start playing until there were two weeks left or so. I got a power level and a little bit of leech. I finished the entire seasonal journey and was ripping through T16/Grift 90 within a couple days of on and off playing.

It's fantastic because I absolutely loathe the leveling process in games where everything happens at endgame, FFXIV excluded.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It sounds like if you started a seasonal character today, you'd be further along towards an endgame build than your NS character in a very short time, and then your seasonal dude will just roll over to NS in a month or two anyway. Depending on your platform a goon might be able to carry you to your 2 piece in like 20 mins.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 29, 2021

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

External Organs posted:

It's a game that feels great to pop into every couple of months until you want to do something else.

Unlike other diablo like ARPGs, I feel like D3 is fairly respectful of my time in regards to it's drop rates and such. I feel this more and more as I get older and have more dad stuff to do.

This is really the opposite of D2. The remaster is going to be fascinating I think; it'll look great, but the systems have not aged well. Maybe if you play it like a roguelike or something. I am super curious to see if they update anything other than the appearance.

I've been really growing to appreciate this the older I get. I really appreciate that I can go from season start to cruising gr100s+ mindlessly with my permagroup over the course of a single weekend's investment. Some seasons we do that opening weekend, sometimes it takes us a month on the calendar to do, but always easily done with a gentle curve on the investment.

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
Some art stuff

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23665024/diablo-iv-quarterly-update-june-2021

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

I'm looking forward to D4. Do we know if consoles are gonna have crossplay with PC yet? I know they added in the D3 console dodge thing to everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

External Organs posted:

I'm looking forward to D4. Do we know if consoles are gonna have crossplay with PC yet? I know they added in the D3 console dodge thing to everyone.
] Overwatch just got cross play for every single platform it has released on. I’m hopeful D4 will get the same treatment.

Dameius posted:

I think I remember reading somewhere that it was a stated design goal, but grain of salt.

Ooh actually you are correct. Looks like they said exactly that back in 2019.

https://www.gamesradar.com/diablo-4-cross-play/

Vorik fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 30, 2021