Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I'd like another team up game and have Sumireko go with Sanae just because I think it'd be funny to compare new modern touhou with the old "modern" touhou whose been cut off all the cultural shifts in the years since she came to gensokyo

Kosuzu can team up with Akyuu, who shoudl also become a playable character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Not Suzunaan, nooo

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

rannum posted:

I'd like another team up game and have Sumireko go with Sanae just because I think it'd be funny to compare new modern touhou with the old "modern" touhou whose been cut off all the cultural shifts in the years since she came to gensokyo

Kosuzu can team up with Akyuu, who shoudl also become a playable character
See, this is why Sumireko needs to show up more, so she can interact with everyone
Also:
https://twitter.com/AmyZenunim/status/1186441773289213953

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

my money's only coming out for either aunn or the aki sisters and I expect to see Wakasagihime before we see the latter two

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Blaziken386 posted:

See, this is why Sumireko needs to show up more, so she can interact with everyone
Also:
https://twitter.com/AmyZenunim/status/1186441773289213953

:yaycat:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I do like how Sanae was originally the new girl in gensokyo that knows about the outside world but it has been several years now and with Sumireko by comparison she's just as out of touch as anyone else.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Draga posted:

No Raiko?!?! Man, that sucks. She's my favourite Extra Boss
They actually just added her for the new event, and even gave her and all the Prismrivers marching band outfits.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
kosuzu spotted

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Lotus Eaters 19

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Suika's a good friend.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
So what was the Western alcohol that Miyoi was trapped in?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

loving yukari :allears:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

DukeDuke posted:

So what was the Western alcohol that Miyoi was trapped in?

I associate whiskey the most with square bottles like that.

I'm surprised everyone reacted so strongly to it. Does gensokyo just not have any distilled spirits at all? Maybe it's just sake country.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I associate whiskey the most with square bottles like that.

I'm surprised everyone reacted so strongly to it. Does gensokyo just not have any distilled spirits at all? Maybe it's just sake country.
They actually touched on that in a previous chapter!

Most of the alcohol in gensokyo is kinda watered down. So yes, it's probably ridiculously high-alcohol content comparatively.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Out of curiosity why did you land on "kerfluffle" again, clarste? I know you guys wanted it to be a distinct word on par with Incident, since they use it in a similar connotation, but wouldn't something like "ruckus" work too?

kerfluffle just feels so out of place in a way incident never did.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

rannum posted:

Out of curiosity why did you land on "kerfluffle" again, clarste? I know you guys wanted it to be a distinct word on par with Incident, since they use it in a similar connotation, but wouldn't something like "ruckus" work too?

kerfluffle just feels so out of place in a way incident never did.

Uh, it's sort of an in-joke. Years ago my friends and I were talking about different ways to put it and the word kerfuffle came up which just struck me as the silliest possible word for it. But ever since then it's actually been the first word I think of whenever I see 妖怪騒ぎ, so the past few months I've gotten lazy and just put that in so I don't have to think about it at all. It's not like "official" or anything, I'm just being too lazy to think of a better word right now.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jun 30, 2021

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Also: it's pretty funny.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its funny to me how fast touhou lost word global is speed running stuff, we are already getting AltMarisa

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Goddamn I was saving my SC for Kosuzu, but I think Alt-Marisa is cool enough that i want to roll for her as well.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

3 limited characters in a row is designed to harpoon your fomo. Just take a breath and try again next year. Missing something in a mobile game is a great way to flush a need for completion out of your system.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Rolling 150 times and still needing to use the exchange function to get Suika made me feel like a real sucker. If the % is that low then I'm not sure I want to try again without an absolute favorite coming up.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
When I was rolling for Flandre I somehow got 2 Youmus, 2 Reimus, 3 Medicines, and 2 Lily Whites before Flandre popped out.
All 4 of the ones i got are all limit broken to max now.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I just want suika give me suika

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
Cave just posted a press release that they have the Touhou Project license and they're working on a game for a 2022 release. https://www.cave.co.jp/ir/news/

Obviously won't be part of the canon series but still an interesting development.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

This is all thanks to Mushihime- I mean, Himemushi-sama

https://twitter.com/rinka_private/status/1412713371829297164?s=21

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

leather fedora posted:

Cave just posted a press release that they have the Touhou Project license and they're working on a game for a 2022 release. https://www.cave.co.jp/ir/news/

Obviously won't be part of the canon series but still an interesting development.

I'm gonna play it

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

leather fedora posted:

I've got the maybe-unjustified perception that the Cave fans and Touhou fans don't intersect in the west as much as you'd expect so this existing is going to be interesting

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
Touhou Station is streaming again, this one with a focus on Unconnected Marketeers with commentary by ZUN.

https://www.mildom.com/10922924

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Today I learned that the term "hobgoblins" was apparently a mistranstlation and they're apparently "hof"goblins.
And there's also this random one off haunted mansion in one of the older 3 Fairies manga that actually had a name erased in English.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I assumed it was a typo at the time.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The erased sign on the mansion feels like a case of "we'll translate it, so clean it up" and then forgetting to put the name back on.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Hoffgoblins
Hoffgoblins
What can you do with those hoffgoblins?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Keromaru5 posted:

Hoffgoblins
Hoffgoblins
What can you do with those hoffgoblins?

don't hassle the hoffgoblins

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
clownpiece

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

my favorite part of that stream was learning that Iizunamaru's tripod isn't for a camera, or even a telescope: it's to beat people over the head as a blunt instrument.

keep on being wild, ZUN.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

you will address her by her proper name, Crap-chan

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sharkitten posted:

you will address her by her proper name, Crap-chan

mike

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:hmmyes:

:vince:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Lotus Eaters 20

In which Suika disses Yukari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Clarste posted:

Lotus Eaters 20

In which Suika disses Yukari.

Hope the frog does well on the next popularity poll