Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
HZD is phenomenal you Philistines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

lmao

e: oh :stare:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Simply Simon posted:

according to which famous let's player, pal? you got the a famous speedrun of it? I didn't think so.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Simply Simon posted:

yeah sure maybe check what thread youre posting in next time noob

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

it appears ive fallen on my own sword

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Fungah! posted:

lmao

e: oh :stare:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmfaoing at the pic.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I didn't like what I played of Horizon much but the bow and arrow feel really good, and I also liked setting up mines and tripwires and stuff even if they weren't very useful. Really wanted the latter in breath of the wild

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lmfaoing at the pic.

Gahaha.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

far cry 2 maybe

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Frenz posted:

far cry 2 maybe

thats a good game

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Bicyclops posted:

i played a lot of Magic the Gathering's Arena and it put me into an eight month coma.

what broke me off this was buying one of the season passes last year and realizing how little it gives you. I just play commander on webcam now but it was fun coming up with gimmicky decks to play with

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
kenshi

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
mario party

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
i played so much wrath of the black manta as a kid i used to be able to beat it on one life

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

A while ago, a buddy and me used to play Final Fantasy together. We chose the order based on preference, but knew that we'd like to eventually have played them all.

We also knew that Final Fantasy 2 (not US 4, actual 2) is not a good game. However, after struggling with the weird-rear end mechanics a bit, and with a guide explaining how evasion works, it became...actually kind of fun? You can Toad/Teleport any enemy, but even without grinding that up high enough to actually be able to do that, just specializing in a weapon type, buffing every battle with Haste to get attacks sky-high and grind it, and trying to get lots of gains on the side was kinda chill.

I even replayed it later on my own. Gotta admit tho, it was the GBA version, which allows you to save anywhere. I liked it enough to do the Dawn of Souls extra content. It's neat and unique.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Frenz posted:

far cry 2 maybe

That’s honestly the best in the series I think. Malaria pills and exploding rusty guns kinda sucked the first time I played it, but after subsequent games turned the player into a nigh-unstoppable stealth superhero, it’s actually kind of interesting to have one of these games go out of its way to gently caress you over

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That’s honestly the best in the series I think. Malaria pills and exploding rusty guns kinda sucked the first time I played it, but after subsequent games turned the player into a nigh-unstoppable stealth superhero, it’s actually kind of interesting to have one of these games go out of its way to gently caress you over

This

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i tried FC2 and found it incredibly dull after like an hour. also everyone speaks at like 1.8x speed and it's real weird

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think a lot about those videos comparing far cry 2 where you could shoot a rocket in the air and see it arc and fall down to modern ones where the rocket keeps going in a straight line forever

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

yeah it's better than 3 for sure (didnt' play any of the others)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the ppl who directed FC2 intentionally made the animal death animations really minimal and boring so they wouldnt reward unnecessary cruelty, which i think is extremely badass in the same way as Albert’s nonviolence speech in Twin Peaks is. lol. and then all the sequels had you hunting exotic animals for crafting supplies

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I was obsessed with the SNES Wizard of Oz video game for some reason. I would go back and grind out extra power ups in levels I had already finish and could beat the game in a single sitting as a kid.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

rodbeard posted:

I was obsessed with the SNES Wizard of Oz video game for some reason. I would go back and grind out extra power ups in levels I had already finish and could beat the game in a single sitting as a kid.

what the gently caress

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Metal Gear Solid V. Like farcry 2 it's not terrible but I definitely felt a bit of stockholm syndrome toward the end of my 60 hours with it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

the ppl who directed FC2 intentionally made the animal death animations really minimal and boring so they wouldnt reward unnecessary cruelty, which i think is extremely badass in the same way as Albert’s nonviolence speech in Twin Peaks is. lol. and then all the sequels had you hunting exotic animals for crafting supplies

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Hey what's up it's DR comin at you with another YouTube walkthrough, this time for the hotly released Ubisoft masterpiece Far Cry 5:

First you're gonna want to unlock the Shady Woods fast travel beacon by completing the Weed Priest quest line. Head north through here on your upgraded Humvee tearing rear end through the wilderness which will eventually lead to Calm Waters Pond. Deer will spawn here if you've unlocked the lvl3 tobacco perk. *sprints 12 solid seconds up to stationary deer whcih doesn't react to me* Now it's time to HUNT! *blasts it from 3inches away w/a shotgun* They should drop 1 leather each. You need just 3 to upgrade to the Leather Wallet, which allows you to hold a magnum condom for the next cutscene.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lmao

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Duke Nukem forever.

I don't know if it was me justifying staying up all night playing it on release or if I just didn't want to admit to my flatmate that he was right but I liked that game when I did my first and only playthrough of it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Duke Nukem forever.

I don't know if it was me justifying staying up all night playing it on release or if I just didn't want to admit to my flatmate that he was right but I liked that game when I did my first and only playthrough of it.

its thoroughly mediocre but its worth it to see duke have his dick sucked by a man op

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

trying to jack off posted:

its thoroughly mediocre but its worth it to see duke have his dick sucked by a man op

I don't remember that part.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

I don't remember that part.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910701&pagenumber=3&perpage=40&userid=0#post501585315

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i fired up Skyrim for the first time in a long while to play over discord with my brother and it's a lot worse than I remember. like I think we accepted it was bad but we just liked it, but I forgot how bad. the voice acting in that opening movie is so fuckin weird, lol. there's one guy talking normal, one guy talking like he's reading his lines for the first time, and one woman is yelling at the top of her lungs and emoting like she just got cast in a high school production of Medea. I got to that first town with the golden claw and a potato shot off the wall and almost killed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Bicyclops posted:

i fired up Skyrim for the first time in a long while to play over discord with my brother and it's a lot worse than I remember. like I think we accepted it was bad but we just liked it, but I forgot how bad. the voice acting in that opening movie is so fuckin weird, lol. there's one guy talking normal, one guy talking like he's reading his lines for the first time, and one woman is yelling at the top of her lungs and emoting like she just got cast in a high school production of Medea. I got to that first town with the golden claw and a potato shot off the wall and almost killed me.

skyrim is awesome bro.