Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Thats just going to return a whole bunch of bread dna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Milo and POTUS posted:

Thats just going to return a whole bunch of bread dna

That would be impossible. DNA would somehow infer that Subway bread was based on natural ingredients, and not sludge they chipped off the elephants foot at Chernobyl.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Would you really be surprised if it wasn't tuna?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think it must be some compound in their bread that I'm sensitive to or something, but all subway food has always smelled absolutely revolting to me. I've never even tasted it because of how bad it smells.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Such Fun posted:

Also a big lol at the poor lab technician who had to put a bunch of subs in a blender before loading the PCR with samples of beige sludge

I dunno, I'd think it was a nice break from all the liquefied mouses

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Their footlongs aren't twelve inches, their tuna subs contain no tuna, what's next? We find out their pizza subs aren't actually pizza?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Would you really be surprised if it wasn't tuna?
Yes. Also, KFC aren't secretly selling rabbit instead of chicken and McDonald's soft serve isn't made of pig fat.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Don't order fountain drinks at subway, those machines get real loving gross. Because of the baking, I think?

The sandwiches are acceptable. You can eat them. Don't ask for the forbidden v-cut unless you're "in the know."

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

From what I've read, something like 40% of food fish is mislabeled. Though that usually just means a different kind of tuna, not fugu or rabbit.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/mar/15/revealed-seafood-happening-on-a-vast-global-scale

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Isn't tuna endangered, or is that just in EU waters? Good on them for selling, I don't know, some other animal (?) instead.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

Isn't tuna endangered, or is that just in EU waters? Good on them for selling, I don't know, some other animal (?) instead.

They aren't doing it to Save The Tuna...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Volcott posted:

Don't ask for the forbidden v-cut unless you're "in the know."

Is that like the opposite of the husband stitch?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
They used to cut a v or u-shaped chunk out of the subway sandwiches instead of just cutting them in half like a normal person would.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Cheese tessellation was a grave mistake. :can:

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Volcott posted:

They used to cut a v or u-shaped chunk out of the subway sandwiches instead of just cutting them in half like a normal person would.

This was the superior technique for meatball subs but inferior for cold cuts.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Well, yeah, you don't want mum hanging around, cramping your style while you try to secretly make your Barbies kiss.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

I think it must be some compound in their bread that I'm sensitive to or something, but all subway food has always smelled absolutely revolting to me. I've never even tasted it because of how bad it smells.

Gotta sniff that weird vent stonk

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

She's 4 years old, it's about time she left the nest

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Unfortunately not a photoshop.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

trapped mouse posted:

Unfortunately not a photoshop.

Our you could just try to spin it as a good thing for all those millennials

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Let them drink assssssssss

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Just combine the two, and you can have arse with a lemon twist for those hipster millennials.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ProtosMedia/status/1406979541743157248

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I'm really confused by the punctuation/wording of that sentence. I'm not a punctuation expert, but I think that brackets are used to insert words that the author has added to a quote ? If so, the original sentence is either just "on planet" (rather than "on the planet") or "on planet [something other than earth]" :crossarms:
I have questions.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Maybe it’s the one in Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lady Disdain posted:

I'm really confused by the punctuation/wording of that sentence. I'm not a punctuation expert, but I think that brackets are used to insert words that the author has added to a quote ? If so, the original sentence is either just "on planet" (rather than "on the planet") or "on planet [something other than earth]" :crossarms:
I have questions.

They're replacements for twitter emoji I think, I looked at the article to find out and it broke my brain so I can't be [100]% positive

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

Mr. Musk, whose first name is the NFT blockchain for a tweet of a photo of his grandfather, sits in his bunker. The rotting former car batteries powering the last running computer on earth are almost spent, but their toil has finally concluded. The last bitcoin has just been mined, and through aggressive trading as the world collapsed about them, every last one of them found their home here in his care. He pours out a drink, motions a toast to the monitor displaying his dream realized, and takes a swig.

"Excellent, unvaccinated. And they said you couldn't tell the difference."

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Captain Hygiene posted:

They're replacements for twitter emoji I think, I looked at the article to find out and it broke my brain so I can't be [100]% positive

:stonk:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It could have also just been a misspelling or like "earth" instead of "Earth"

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
That's what [sic] is for.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

fuly [sic]

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/annafifield/status/1408561377850007555?s=19

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Truly the most potted wink of all

As an aside, for anyone who hasn't, I strongly recommend reading the official tiddlywinks rule list for an enjoyably :psypop: reaction at how exhaustively things can be structured for a baby game I played when I was four

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Ironic that a basic premise of science is often described with the example of "failure to find the Loch Ness monster (which doesn't prove nessy doesn't exist)".

Did Subway capture and release Nessy into sandwiches?! :ohdear:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Ironic that a basic premise of science is often described with the example of "failure to find the Loch Ness monster (which doesn't prove nessy doesn't exist)".

you cant prove they didnt :colbert:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Truly the most potted wink of all

As an aside, for anyone who hasn't, I strongly recommend reading the official tiddlywinks rule list for an enjoyably :psypop: reaction at how exhaustively things can be structured for a baby game I played when I was four

oh please how elaborate could the rul...

Wow ok. That's a lot to take in.

It also includes some technical jargon

wikipedia posted:

Cracker (UK): a simultaneous knock-off and squop, i.e. a shot which knocks one wink off the top of another while simultaneously squopping it

Crud (UK): a forceful shot whose purpose is to destroy a pile completely

Good shot: named after John Good. The shot consists of playing a flat wink (one not involved in a pile) through a nearby pile with the intent of destroying the pile

Gromp: an attempt to jump a pile onto another wink (usually with the squidger held in a conventional rather than a Bristol fashion)

John Lennon memorial shot: a simultaneous boondock and squop

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

You can't fool me, that's GPT-2.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Go post this in the procgen thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Scientists have taken environmental DNA samples from Loch Ness and no reptile DNA other than modern ones have been found (and most non-crocodylian non-lizard prehistoric aquatic reptiles diverged before even the dinosaurs existed so their DNA will look little like modern reptiles).