Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

Do you mean the letter Rodgers' neighbor ("Poison Ivy") left him or the recent email he got from someone he refuses to name about how he "debases" himself by doing the show

The debasement one. It's in Jan Shadowwolves 1:11 in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Kyle Reese: What year?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

bump_fn posted:

the cchc ep about lovely fans was really good. carl rules

CCHC has been such a surprising delight. I randomly checked it a few weeks ago and binged them all.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

sure hope the flagrant ones haven't recorded tomorrow's episode yet, i love the episodes where they get awful, awful clippers news

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1405205626180059143?s=20

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
CCHC is okay. It's an easy and quick listen....but man if they don't talk about food way too much. If it weren't in my Flagrant Ones feed....I probably wouldn't search it out.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

sure hope the flagrant ones haven't recorded tomorrow's episode yet, i love the episodes where they get awful, awful clippers news

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1405205626180059143?s=20
lol not only had they already recorded the episode, it was recorded right after they recorded last week's episode

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im thinking about teacher's lounge again and i do not think there has ever been anything funnier in the world then them doing the same paint bit everytime pft is on

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"So it's...a liquid that would be used in a fountain..."
"Atypically."
"Atypically...but also, I could apply it to the exterior of my home."
"Yes, you could almost...paint your house with it."

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 21, 2021

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I kind of get what Heather is saying about puzzles in games on HDTGP. Only I don’t ever get it from smaller puzzle games because they’re so brief, I only get the feeling that it’s a chore in bigger games because I feel like I need to deal with something annoying just to get to the fun part of the game again. I definitely get that feeling in most if not all boss fights, I’m not really sure if I agree with what she’s saying about how those feel different because they’re “responsive.”

I’ve been thinking about this recently because I just started playing video games again after about a 10 year break and I’m finding Dark Souls a little tedious. It was fun for a while but now I feel like it’s just a slog of awkward platforming puzzles.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

I kind of get what Heather is saying about puzzles in games on HDTGP. Only I don’t ever get it from smaller puzzle games because they’re so brief, I only get the feeling that it’s a chore in bigger games because I feel like I need to deal with something annoying just to get to the fun part of the game again. I definitely get that feeling in most if not all boss fights, I’m not really sure if I agree with what she’s saying about how those feel different because they’re “responsive.”

I’ve been thinking about this recently because I just started playing video games again after about a 10 year break and I’m finding Dark Souls a little tedious. It was fun for a while but now I feel like it’s just a slog of awkward platforming puzzles.

Which Dark Souls, and what section? Cuz if it's the original, then yeah, you'll definitely get that from, like, Sen's Fortress and Blight Town, but it eases up for most of the rest.

I like puzzle games, but it still depends on how it's implemented. I feel like the Zelda games have always been pretty good about their puzzles. "Shoot the eye above the door" is a little perfunctory and lame, but so much of Skyward Sword was amazing puzzles, paired with really annoying combat, and Breath of the Wild is full of great puzzles. (And HAC likes BotW, so that says something.)

I've been playing Returnal, and I'm stuck at a boss. The game is entirely reflex and pattern-based, and while that's really fun, cuz the game feels good, I can only play it for an hour or two before burning out, and switching to a game that has more variety to it, including puzzles.

I've always found HAC's anti-puzzle sentiment kind of strange, because so many video games are puzzle-based.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

Which Dark Souls, and what section? Cuz if it's the original, then yeah, you'll definitely get that from, like, Sen's Fortress and Blight Town, but it eases up for most of the rest.

Yeah, this is it. Every time I pick it up now I’m like “oh right, I got to teeter around these planks to find the hidden snipers” and it saps my will to play it.

quote:

I like puzzle games, but it still depends on how it's implemented. I feel like the Zelda games have always been pretty good about their puzzles. "Shoot the eye above the door" is a little perfunctory and lame, but so much of Skyward Sword was amazing puzzles, paired with really annoying combat, and Breath of the Wild is full of great puzzles. (And HAC likes BotW, so that says something.)

I've been playing Returnal, and I'm stuck at a boss. The game is entirely reflex and pattern-based, and while that's really fun, cuz the game feels good, I can only play it for an hour or two before burning out, and switching to a game that has more variety to it, including puzzles.

I've always found HAC's anti-puzzle sentiment kind of strange, because so many video games are puzzle-based.

The Zelda games never feel that way to me, true. Though my least favorite part of BOTW was the boss fights, probably for the same reason.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah, this is it. Every time I pick it up now I’m like “oh right, I got to teeter around these planks to find the hidden snipers” and it saps my will to play it.

Get yourself a poison resistant shield (Spider shield, I think?) and just keep going. Your goal is to go down to the bottom, so you really only need to worry about one or two snipers for the correct path. Once you get to the bottom, you're close to the next bonfire, there's no more snipers, and you can avoid that part of Blighttown for pretty much the rest of the game, unless you want to get all of the items.

Blighttown sucks, but you've basically beat the two hardest parts of the game, especially the parts that you are describing as personal dislikes, outside of the DLC. I don't think you're gonna want to do any of the DLC.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
blighttown feels like the intent is for you to panic and fall off a bridge, landing next to a bonfire and accidentally skipping half the level

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

blighttown feels like the intent is for you to panic and fall off a bridge, landing next to a bonfire and accidentally skipping half the level

I might try this falling down a bunch strat

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Drunkboxer posted:

If you have the fall damage negation spell, cast it and jump off the big bridge in the middle. Quit out of the game right when you hit the ground, and when you reload you should be standing at the bottom. There are youtube videos showing the trick.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

just make sure youre aiming for something

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Man I wish the Flagrant Ones worked for me. I love these dudes they're smart funny people but they're so dumb about basketball and get so caught up in Twitter opinions I just can't support it anymore. I like them less the more they talk on this one topic.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe it's better I know nothing about basketball so I don't know if what they're saying is good or not

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Man I wish the Flagrant Ones worked for me. I love these dudes they're smart funny people but they're so dumb about basketball and get so caught up in Twitter opinions I just can't support it anymore. I like them less the more they talk on this one topic.
i'm sorry that happened to you

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

As someone who does not closely follow basketball I just sit there hooting and hollering every time they say a player's name. I love it.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I wish they would do a podcast about reality shows and not this stupid jock poo poo

cams
Mar 28, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

I wish they would do a podcast about reality shows and not this stupid jock poo poo
sports is the original reality competition show

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

cams posted:

sports is the original reality competition show

me watching the bball game: Which one’s Real World and which one’s Road Rules? And theyre trying to get the ball across the country?? Oh just into the basket over there, huh. And all these people watch this?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

me watching the bball game: Which one’s Real World and which one’s Road Rules? And theyre trying to get the ball across the country?? Oh just into the basket over there, huh. And all these people watch this?
the suns are the real world, the bucks are road rules, the hawks are 16 and pregnant, and the clippers are the hills

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

HolePisser1982 posted:

"Which one of the players has 30 companies"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
tanks but no tanks, but its about tank tops with like sports numbers on them

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Jeff Probst: Now you and the rest of the Bucks can take home trophies to the island.. or you alone can have this.. beeaautiful baked potatah. With all the fixings.

Giannis: *smiling enormously*

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
That's wheely interesting.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe it's better I know nothing about basketball so I don't know if what they're saying is good or not

As someone who knows some things about basketball, their opinions are sometimes correct (joel embiid is a huge rear end in a top hat) and sometimes incorrect (mavericks are a better team than hawks), but I listen for their funniness, so I do not mind

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

HolePisser1982 posted:

Jeff Probst: Now you and the rest of the Bucks can take home trophies to the island.. or you alone can have this.. beeaautiful baked potatah. With all the fixings.

Lol

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Help Im Alive posted:

I've always said it's more fun if you don't know poo poo about basketball.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

I can't find the episode or the clip, but there is an incredible RSS where they play a clip of a guy on the real world explaining how he "experimented with having sex with men" because he didn't make the football team in high school (?) and sean says he can relate because when he couldn't join the yearbook committee he spent a year getting his rear end railed

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I can't find the episode or the clip, but there is an incredible RSS where they play a clip of a guy on the real world explaining how he "experimented with having sex with men" because he didn't make the football team in high school (?) and sean says he can relate because when he couldn't join the yearbook committee he spent a year getting his rear end railed

“I was face down in a locker!” or something

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I must always mention the NPR Benghazi bit when Reality Show Show comes up. It's sublime.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
i understand why they cant do RSS any more but i miss it so much. maybe they could just follow one show? or i guess theyre already doing a lot of podcasts, oh well

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Greggy posted:

i understand why they cant do RSS any more but i miss it so much. maybe they could just follow one show? or i guess theyre already doing a lot of podcasts, oh well

The Flagrant Ones should become a show about The Challenge in the off-season

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Consummate Professional posted:

I must always mention the NPR Benghazi bit when Reality Show Show comes up. It's sublime.

same, its dense in like, the different ideas all going off at once but the internal logic just clicks so well

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Congrats to Sean

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Snooze Cruise posted:

im thinking about teacher's lounge again and i do not think there has ever been anything funnier in the world then them doing the same paint bit everytime pft is on

There are so many great bits from the Teacher's Lounge that I can't remember most. But a few of my favourites that I DO remember:

- Season 2 - Lauren Lapkus (Good Grief with Home Economics) - (53 minutes in) Bill Cravey saying that the worst thought he ever had during a school day was that he was happy that 9/11 happened.
- Season 2 - Carl Tart (Overpromise and Underdeliver) - Ladysmith Black Mambazo. All hilarious.
- Season 7 - Matt Besser (The Creature Lounge) - The starting song (Piece of poo poo Man). Besser's character, Guitar George.
- Mini 7 - Madison Square Olive Garden - Played in "reverse". Always cracks me up.
- Mini 17 - The suppository depository.

I really just need to listen to all of them again. I went through all of these last ones....but I didn't have them marked as played in my stitcher app....so I am listening again. The beef diaper stays where you put it stuff was busting up my whole rear end.

RestingB1tchFace fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 27, 2021