Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
Portland OR

Seattle WA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Testvan posted:

Portland OR

Seattle WA

:rip:

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
\

elaboration has issued a correction as of 21:29 on Mar 22, 2023

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

wtf what weather station is that seattle one pulling from? the nws station forecast doesnt look the same at all

looks like the website i used hosed up and pulled the forecast from somewhere in deep western washington

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

NOAA now has 104 saturday, 109 sunday, 104 monday in portland

100 sunday, 102 monday in seattle lmao

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
It’s too god drat hot!

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Testvan posted:

Portland OR

the gorge is going to be the future home of death valley 2

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I’ve already had two power bumps and the heat hasn’t really kicked off yet. Not a good sign!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Extreme drought year? Well guess what

https://www.almonds.com/about-us/press-room/usda-nass-forecasts-larger-almond-crop

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I wonder how often Seattle has been warmer than Phoenix, especially outside of winter.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I'm in el paso tx for a wedding and its amazing that el paso and Portland are the same temps. Lol there is no one outside here, because obvs it's a hot desert. I don't know if portlanders have the wisdom to not leave. Altho I've heard they don't have ac so it might be worse

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i was told that seattle was so green and progressive. why are they boiling alive in their own piss

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hifi posted:

i was told that seattle was so green and progressive. why are they boiling alive in their own piss

stewing, thank you very much

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Testvan posted:

Portland OR

hotter than phoenix

cool stuff, very cool

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Homocow posted:

hotter than phoenix

cool stuff, very cool

uh seems opposite of cool

Cosmic Cat
Mar 3, 2008
the dream of temps merely in the 90s is alive in portland

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Hello weather thread just dropping by to share some phrases in Klingon that should come in handy soon!

loSnem juHwIj Qaw' SoD
The floods will destroy my home four years from now.

qoH vuvbe' SuS
The wind does not respect a fool.

pe'vIl SISqu'taH qar'a'
It's really raining hard, isn't it?

bIQ'a' Datlhutlhchugh vaj bIHegh
If you drink from the ocean you will die.

DungluQ bISo''eghbe'chugh vaj DuHoH jul
Hide yourself in the midday or the sun will kill you.

May you face the oncoming catastrophe like a Klingon, or at least die like one! Qapla'!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i can't remember if i posted these here

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1400971477051133956?s=20

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/texas/remote-thermostat-adjustment-texas-energy-shortage/285-5acf2bc5-54b7-4160-bffe-1f9a5ef4362a

quote:

The family’s smart thermostat was installed a few years ago as part of a new home security package. Many smart thermostats can be enrolled in a program called "Smart Savers Texas." It's operated by a company called EnergyHub.

The agreement states that in exchange for an entry into sweepstakes, electric customers allow them to control their thermostats during periods of high energy demand. EnergyHub’s list of its clients include TXU Energy, CenterPoint and ERCOT.

https://twitter.com/M_asinMerry/status/1404517922396160007?s=20

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

I don't know if portlanders have the wisdom to not leave. Altho I've heard they don't have ac so it might be worse
The heat sucks but I know how to acclimate after decades of it in Texas. Usually takes a couple of weeks of slowly doing more activity outside, drinking a ton of water and keeping the thermostat set to 80 at the lowest. Otherwise, you're liable to stroke out if you have to work out in it. After a while, it's a matter of not being in direct sun, otherwise a heat index of over 100 isn't so bad at night or in the shade.
This is gonna flash cook people up north who are clueless about the heat or don't respect it

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 04:00 on Jun 26, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
flash cook me daddy

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That's Texas FREEDOM for ya

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

flash cook me daddy

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Greetings! Athanatos and I are running a C-SPAM feedback thread, and we want to make sure as much of the C-SPAM community as possible is aware of it, in case you want to give the site admins direct feedback on stuff.

Athanatos posted:

Hello CSPAM folks. Shine and I are admins here on SA and we need your help. Tell us about CSPAM! We want to hear good things, bad things, neutral things. I cant be a good admin and help with poo poo if I don't know about a place, so here I am. Things we'd love to hear about include:

• Threads that are great. Things that are funny or entertaining or informative. Why do you think as such?
  • People who deserve recognition for being great here and adding to the community. Forums are nothing without worth-a-poo poo people, who is under-recognized and deserves some props?
  • Things that loving suck in CSPAM. No place is roses all the time. What needs changed and WHY? What might not need a change per say...but is something you don't like.

This is your chance to write words about your home forum.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

:psyboom::psyboom::psyboom::psyboom::psyboom:

You know, I live in loving Brazil, which is for some reason considered a very hot place, and I just can't fathom what 118F feels like. Maybe like being on loving fire.

Take care of yourselves, y'all who live in the US west coast. This is the loving Anthropocene and people are gonna die.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Is this due to climate change?

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oddly it's gonna be like 70-80 for a week here in Denver, I'm sure we'll be on the other side of things soon enough

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

OK baizuo posted:

Oddly it's gonna be like 70-80 for a week here in Denver, I'm sure we'll be on the other side of things soon enough

Yea interesting dipole across NA.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

SirPablo posted:

whenever a rex block shows up the smart meteorologists talk about how persistent they are. hell yeah. burn me up. i brought texas with me to seattle binch

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Just ran at 9PM and it was 84F with a dew point of 56F. Reminds me of those mid-may Texas nights where the humidity just really begins to crank up. Bet the PNW didn't expect to be humid subtropical now did it.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Seattle is an insult to god and should not exist!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

SirPablo posted:

get that loving red poo poo off the northeast

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

SirPablo posted:

uh shouldn't those colors be the opposite

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Seattle America is an insult to god and should not exist!

ftfy

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Radirot posted:

uh shouldn't those colors be the opposite

its anomaly so not really. we're just gonna see more extreme weather patterns in general.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

SirPablo posted:

no this is just weather obviously. climate is totally different and completely unrelated and also is impossible to change

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

SirPablo posted:

no this is just an anomaly like early and protracted hurricane seasons, prolific wildfires, mega droughts, mega floods, toxic algae blooms, drastic loss of biodiversity, melting glaciers, etc

it's all normal, get back to work

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hifi posted:

Why do you think chuds are so indifferent to global warming

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

So how windy is it going to be in the PNW on those heatwave days? because very hot, dry and windy is prime bushfire/wildfire weather.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Helith posted:

So how windy is it going to be in the PNW on those heatwave days? because very hot, dry and windy is prime bushfire/wildfire weather.

Yeah and the fact that this heatwave is probably going to extend into the 4th of July weekend in a state where fireworks are very legal and available...:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

SirPablo posted:

Seattle is an insult to god and should not exist!

Give it a few more days and you might get your wish!