Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

fosborb posted:

I still can't believe you personally saved Trump's life

gently caress YOU THAT WAS REGENERON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
it’s a shame Walter reed didn’t give him sugar pills because him dropping dead four weeks before the election would have been so loving funny

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I like the gaming and food threads in CSPAM, among others. I know there is concern that they fall outside the purpose of the forum. I also like the GWS forum. I think that politics people posting about basic hobbies helps humanize everyone a bit. Also, there are politics in games, and these come out in the thread fairly often. There are also politics around food. I like goons with spoons but it absolutely feels like the “you’d better post restaurant quality work” forum. That may have changed recently, but it is such a slow forum and filled with a lot of very passionate and very opinionated people. Food is also political, and its interesting to see what politically opinionated posters do regarding their basic food habits.

I’ve seen smythe at least post in some of the CSPAM threads asking “why don’t you go to the other subforum.” it’s because the other subforums have specific cultures. games is uh, it’s own thing. goons with spoons has been incredibly insular for a while. we have an fast food forum that is as active as goons with spoons. imagine trying to merge them. I like GWS, but it is it’s own unique thing, and trying to merge it with other forum culture or vice versa would just gently caress the whole thing up. Games, I dunno. theyre political as gently caress. it’s nice to have a forum clear eyes about AAA games when they come out.

anyway, I like CSPAM being insular around some topics that other subforums cover. it’s my experience that you get a lot of posts that otherwise wouldn’t fly in the regular forums.

I think “forums but leftist shitposting” is good for CSPAM. just uh, find a way to corral awful posters who are awful across multiple threads (mods?)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it’s a shame Walter reed didn’t give him sugar pills because him dropping dead four weeks before the election would have been so loving funny

speaking as an Indiana native, President Michael Pence would be 100x worse than even what we have now, even leaving aside the penchant for liberal conversion of the commons to private ownership we are currently seeing in the infrastructure bill's insistence on selling publicly owned infrastructure to rent seekers and landlords

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

hello white noise poster here who has been summoned from the megathreads

i stick to climate change/doomsday econ/covid/cool zone/canada/etc megathreads in cspam most of the time. i like having a catch-all thread where binging 1200 posts gets me up to date on everything that's happened recently, with usually some relevant discussion and a comedic tone that makes the bleak content much more bearable. i don't get the hate for megathreads, to me they're more appealing than a shitload of tiny threads for each and every topic, but i do like poking through the other smaller threads here to see what's up and do leave my bookmarks occasionally to roam around before returning "home". people earlier brought up e.g. the miami building collapse - i heard about that in like three different megathreads i follow, and each had their own slightly different spin on the discussion which i through was valuable. overall, i have topics i care about more than others, and i think that should be fine and i like having big places to catch all that kind of discussion. i also think it's totally fine to have more threads, and rando threads like the games or weed or whatever one. i just don't like forcing anything on the community, and that includes breaking threads.

cspam has a different tone than the rest of the forums, and it took me a while of lurking for it to really click and sink in and now my brain is broken and the rest of the site just doesn't seem quite as nice. i don't think there needs to be any heavy-handed poo poo to maintain the tone, as the community self-polices to some degree. but i also recognize that there's time good posters do get chased away, so i dunno

i appreciate i can post dumb poo poo and have people yell at me to correct me. i appreciate i can aggro in return at dumb people. i appreciate there's effortposts where i genuinely feel like i learn. i appreciate i can be hosed up and not feel like pressing the shift key for an entire post and that's also fine. mostly i appreciate cspam.

normally i'd emptyquote each and every single post i liked in this thread separately since that';s what i normally do elsewhere here but something tells me this is "more serious" and doesn't want the clutter so in general i agree with all of the below

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i know that most people saying shitposting mean the same thing I when I say casual forum but that term pisses me off so bad lol. As if you arent supposed to try to be funny or interesting anymore. I'm not saying mods need to solve that at the point of probe but it drives me nuts when people handwave bad posting as being 'shitposting'. if you post badly you should try harder, and I generally flame people who do. even a bad post that is funny is still Content because people will riff on it. but bad, boring posts are just awful because nobody reads them. and when everyone posts like they don't expect anyone to actually read them, you get some real white noise poo poo going. kind of a general subforum culture problem.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Bastard Tetris posted:

I'm a coronavirus therapeutic researcher and I poo poo you not the COVID thread is the best aggregate resource for this pandemic I've ever seen. Bullshit gets called out almost immediately, fake professionals are pretty quickly poo poo on, and the average layperson in the thread gives better advice than the CDC.

LF was kind of insane and had some problems, but post-Flavius C-SPAM is a fantastic forum.

I think this gets overlooked a lot with the COVID thread. It has consistently been ahead of the curve throughout the entire pandemic. Sometimes, that makes the posting seem a bit unhinged or out of step with reality, but actually, the general info and advice and speculations tend to be if not completely accurate, not usually a huge overreach. The tone can be a bit much sometimes, but it is one of the few places where a person can go and read some well sourced articles, yell about how asinine the response to COVID is and has been, and not get told to cheer up because things just aren’t THAT bad. You can scream into the void with others who feel the shock of the situation.

The COVID thread remembers the bad things that have happened, the people who have died, the decisions that were made, and refuses to concede that nothing could have been done differently. It’s often solemn, because it should be, but then on the other hand, it is also a place to laugh about things like the absurdity of the inflatable Christmas tree that spread COVID in a hospital ward being the same costume as from a meme early in the pandemic.

Cspam definitely understands absurdity, I agree with the posters who say that’s a big part of the cohesion in the forum

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

wtf is with all the covid thread hate btw, that place has been consistently a fantastic source of information. of course it's a doom-y outlook on the pandemic, it ain't over and no one gives a gently caress, it's like seventeen months running now and we had our first welcome back to applebees commercial air over a year ago. wrong information there gets corrected, and the thread is open minded when positive poo poo does come to fruition - see the complete reversal in attitude towards vaccines from say october 2020 with hella negativity prior to them being a known quantity vs december 2020 after all the elites had raced to secure theirs first and mrna was shown to be legit miracle tech vs feb 2021 when goons were helping each other claw their way towards getting a vax when they were still scarce in the states

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

i know that most people saying shitposting mean the same thing I when I say casual forum but that term pisses me off so bad lol. As if you arent supposed to try to be funny or interesting anymore. I'm not saying mods need to solve that at the point of probe but it drives me nuts when people handwave bad posting as being 'shitposting'. if you post badly you should try harder, and I generally flame people who do. even a bad post that is funny is still Content because people will riff on it. but bad, boring posts are just awful because nobody reads them. and when everyone posts like they don't expect anyone to actually read them, you get some real white noise poo poo going. kind of a general subforum culture problem.

Nobody is saying the expectation of being funny or interesting is gone, in fact tons of complaints come from the fact that people whining about this or that aren't being funny or interesting and they got roasted as a result when they aren't used to such a thing. It's not a "subforum culture problem" if people think your jokes are stupid and your gimmick is lame

The funniest and weirdest and most uniquely strange posters in CSPAM almost never get brought up in these whine threads and there is a reason for that

Epic High Five has issued a correction as of 06:55 on Jun 26, 2021

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

wtf is with all the covid thread hate btw, that place has been consistently a fantastic source of information. of course it's a doom-y outlook on the pandemic, it ain't over and no one gives a gently caress, it's like seventeen months running now and we had our first welcome back to applebees commercial air over a year ago. wrong information there gets corrected, and the thread is open minded when positive poo poo does come to fruition - see the complete reversal in attitude towards vaccines from say october 2020 with hella negativity prior to them being a known quantity vs december 2020 after all the elites had raced to secure theirs first and mrna was shown to be legit miracle tech vs feb 2021 when goons were helping each other claw their way towards getting a vax when they were still scarce in the states

I’m guessing it’s madjackel going “remain calm! all is well!” and the handful of lab leak morons

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

fr0id posted:

I like the gaming and food threads in CSPAM, among others. I know there is concern that they fall outside the purpose of the forum. I also like the GWS forum. I think that politics people posting about basic hobbies helps humanize everyone a bit. Also, there are politics in games, and these come out in the thread fairly often. There are also politics around food. I like goons with spoons but it absolutely feels like the “you’d better post restaurant quality work” forum. That may have changed recently, but it is such a slow forum and filled with a lot of very passionate and very opinionated people. Food is also political, and its interesting to see what politically opinionated posters do regarding their basic food habits.

I’ve seen smythe at least post in some of the CSPAM threads asking “why don’t you go to the other subforum.” it’s because the other subforums have specific cultures. games is uh, it’s own thing. goons with spoons has been incredibly insular for a while. we have an fast food forum that is as active as goons with spoons. imagine trying to merge them. I like GWS, but it is it’s own unique thing, and trying to merge it with other forum culture or vice versa would just gently caress the whole thing up. Games, I dunno. theyre political as gently caress. it’s nice to have a forum clear eyes about AAA games when they come out.

anyway, I like CSPAM being insular around some topics that other subforums cover. it’s my experience that you get a lot of posts that otherwise wouldn’t fly in the regular forums.

I think “forums but leftist shitposting” is good for CSPAM. just uh, find a way to corral awful posters who are awful across multiple threads (mods?)

Cooking thread, history threads, and gardening thread, etc. are nice to have within c-spam. First, some people just never leave c-spam so then they wouldn’t ever be exposed to these ideas otherwise, and I mean that’s not great but that’s the way it is. On the one hand these things help promote healthy hobbies such as cooking and gardening among us politically obsessed weirdos. But secondly, it helps calm tensions between posting cliques if there are some neutral threads where everyone can come together. Although there are trump thread posters, succ zone posters, etc., it’s a myth that we all post in total exclusion of one another. Almost all of these super thread posters post in multiple threads in c-spam. And when there are some small threads or threads about neutral topics like cooking, it helps to neutralize animosity with your posting enemies, and helps build community. Maybe I was arguing with that person about how to reform the police in the Cool Zone thread yesterday but I’m intrigued by the soup recipe they posted in the cooking thread, so eh, maybe they aren’t that much of an enemy after all. Having that sort of diversity in posting topics and interests, while still being one big community, is also very c-spam.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
there was some fyad post a long time ago that basically said, comedy is more than just ritualistically posting memes and catchphrases or doing injokes with a crew, and you suck if you think youre funny doing it. harsh, but since then ive tried to make sure my banal quips are at least not just repeats of other peoples jokes. id really encourage other posters here to just... try to post without catchphrases or the like for a bit, i think people can do better and find their own voice. its not _that_ much effort but like everything, being funny is something you get better at the more you push yourself and screw up a lot.

i dont think id really want to make it a rule or anything, unless it was some kind of weird "lets not use catchphrases" thread for some reason i guess

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I’m guessing it’s madjackel going “remain calm! all is well!” and the handful of lab leak morons

Hey now let's be fair, lab leak is 100% likely and provable (the leak came from Fort Detrick and the causitive event was the Wuhan Military Games just like happened in 1918 and is the model of what happened in every pandemic that ever happened in human history)

twoday
May 4, 2005

wtf is with all the covid thread hate btw,

It’s an unprecedented historical event in our lifetimes and a controversial topic and literally everyone alive on earth right now has a strong opinion about it one way or the other

That’s the thread’s fault though

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
came here because you posted in the s*cc zone about the thread and i figured i'd put my two cents in since this is where i spend most of my time screwing around while working. i like this place because i didn't really post on SA much back in the LF days. leftbook is absolutely insane, r/politics is a DNC op, places like r/chapotraphouse had the same problem as leftbook, and stupidpol while i agree with the original concept goes batshit any time someone mentions trans people because they get too many right wingers coming in not getting it. i don't really post much on SA outside here except maybe the GPU thread because that's interested me for the past year

love the "doom" threads, climate change thread's great because most other places just talk either about how it's not really an issue or that we can just do one easy fix and all will be great. economics thread is great because it recognizes the economy's hosed up but doesn't have a bunch of bitcoin assholes calling their power virus freedom from the statists. what some people call doom i call accepting a no-win scenario and trying to make your peace with that while having a bit of fun posting. i tend to just float between the same 4 or 5 threads for the most part as far as posting

even though it's probably the best place for covid discussion i've seen online and its good to have a place that's not just thinking its over, i stopped reading the covid thread because the catchphrases really annoyed me (sorry i can only read the words "applebees" and "open biden" so many times before going nuts), but that's just my personal opinion not representative of any wider trend, and if the vibe works for them who am i to say otherwise. though i get where you're coming from with new blood being scared off by cliques.

don't really pay much attention to the chat threads but i think it's probably good that they exist. i feel like conversations should be allowed to be fluid and pushing too far against that can feel way too stiff (in the other place where they want good sensible liberal reforms that might fly). obviously you need some limits on that and i would hope that someone would come in after a 5 page derail on something unrelated, but i don't think that really happens too often? i have no idea how any of the offsite discords fit into any of this but maybe extended random chat's better left for those?

i think the moderation here is mostly fair. sometimes we get some funny drama out of it, but i don't think it feels terribly oppressive. i like this place as it is, i spend many a moment here while i'm waiting for something to finish at work.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

silicone thrills posted:

I just want to pop here and say I wouldn't have known this thread was here if someone didn't mention it in a megathread. And honestly I like my bookmarked megathreads so please don't change that too much. I dont mind like an annual remake but I like being able to zone out for a minute and click into the bookmarks and just see whats up in the worlds and with the peeps that I feel a certain akinness to.

Just want to throw another vote into: Please for the love of god don't ever get down on people for "doom" posting. This is one of the only places in the world where I feel like anyone acknowledges that "you know, poo poo probably wont get better in our life times and we have to deal with that" and this is seriously coming from someone who has had double depression (its a real thing, you layer dysthymia on top of major depression... anyway) but like, being weird and tip toeing around mental poo poo just makes it worse in my experience. I didn't start feeling better until I really acknowledged it. It's kind of like a support group. Having people who get you and can validate is a big deal sometimes.

I've been around for a hot minute and started my political posting in D&D probably because it was just the first place I really found but the culture here is unique and good in a way that i've just never seen replicated on the internet. It's stupid but I get a bit of anxiety about posting in other parts of SA. Everyone's so fuckin anal retentive everywhere else. I can just dump my brain mush in here and no one is an rear end in a top hat to me about it most of the time.

COVID thread rules because I can bitch about my lovely coworkers who from the beginning of COVID have felt like they didn't give a single poo poo and no one was an rear end in a top hat about it. It was nice. It's still pretty nice. I love that sinophobic dickholes are immediately run off with pitchforks.

I'm glad that every time we get a wif that someone is a rapist or assaulter or whatever we immediately run their poo poo out of town.

I love that I can say Joe Biden is a rapist here with out some loving pointdexter popping out of the woodwork to WELL ACKSUYALLY at me.

:yeah: I’m with you. I don’t really like feeling obligated to follow a bunch of rules or maintain a fantastic quality all the time, I’m here to avoid work, not do work. I mostly bounce around big tent threads and post sarcasm, jokes, and the odd meme, but always cogent to the topic. I also feel like I can’t just talk poo poo about the economy from a leftist stance elsewhere on the forum without getting into fights or getting banned. I don’t like getting into drama in general, especially on forums so if people push back here, I usually just drop it. This is why I like off topic threads here because I feel like we’re all kinda on the same page instead of derailing some other thread elsewhere because someone got pissed because I talk about what useless parasites landlords are.

As for doomerism… most of these posts are based on facts. I don’t know what to tell you. I wishthose posts were all just running a bit or trolling.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Tiler Kiwi posted:

there was some fyad post a long time ago that basically said, comedy is more than just ritualistically posting memes and catchphrases or doing injokes with a crew, and you suck if you think youre funny doing it. harsh, but since then ive tried to make sure my banal quips are at least not just repeats of other peoples jokes. id really encourage other posters here to just... try to post without catchphrases or the like for a bit, i think people can do better and find their own voice. its not _that_ much effort but like everything, being funny is something you get better at the more you push yourself and screw up a lot.

i dont think id really want to make it a rule or anything, unless it was some kind of weird "lets not use catchphrases" thread for some reason i guess

turn off you monitor :haw:

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

euphronius posted:

it definitely started IN PART to get some space for leftists to post away from liberals. as far as I remember it. it was a long time ago
Not to get away from liberals: to get away from liberal mods. There are plenty of C-SPAM posters who used to post in D&D all the time and they've either been forum banned or got tired of getting handed probations for the sort of stuff evilweasel posts every day. The reason D&D is what it is isn't because all the decorum-addled liberal idiots on SA just sort of congregate there - it's because everyone else has been drummed out by the mods. In effect, C-SPAM is a containment forum, or at least started out as one.

twoday
May 4, 2005

skooma512 posted:

:yeah: I’m with you. I don’t really like feeling obligated to follow a bunch of rules or maintain a fantastic quality all the time, I’m here to avoid work, not do work. I mostly bounce around big tent threads and post sarcasm, jokes, and the odd meme, but always cogent to the topic. I also feel like I can’t just talk poo poo about the economy from a leftist stance elsewhere on the forum without getting into fights or getting banned. I don’t like getting into drama in general, especially on forums so if people push back here, I usually just drop it. This is why I like off topic threads here because I feel like we’re all kinda on the same page instead of derailing some other thread elsewhere because someone got pissed because I talk about what useless parasites landlords are.

As for doomerism… most of these posts are based on facts. I don’t know what to tell you. I wishthose posts were all just running a bit or trolling.

Admins, you found 'em, this is the average c-spam poster

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

It happens in any forum with megathreads because they tend to develop their own little subcultures that not everyone agrees with, and then you've got posters from one megathread pointlessly slinging poo poo at other megathreads because it's not like tribalism doesn't in stupid dead comedy forums, too.

I feel like mods/admins always see this as a "problem" that needs to be "solved" but it's totally not. You can't take a social space and prevent people from forming cliques or in-groups. Less megathreads doesn't actually encourage a forum/subforum culture, it just encourages people to take their cliques off-site to discord or whatever. And that creates a more hostile environment for everyone, because now those little in groups are basically impenetrable.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Hello, I am mostly a lurker, I do occasionally post in some of the slower-moving threads I can keep up with (otoh Eurasia, the europe thread, media crit and periodicals, also gaming), and as far as i can say, my experience of cspam is as a pretty much self-regulated zone. i rarely see the mods having to intervene, and participants steer discussion forward in directions they like. I always find some interesting tidbit, some good article or occasionally an effort post analyzing an issue from left perspective, and I find that there's no other place where I can get this sort of discussion, which is why I stick around. I like it very much this way, and I hope it can continue being like this. So keeping moderation light and allowing the community space to self-direct I guess. I can't speak for the entirety of the subforum obviously, especially for threads I don't read or participate in, but a sentiment I've seen posted often is that you can't moderate good posts into existence, so that is the general tone I like about this particular space, and hope it stays that way.

I sometimes think that the subforum's attention is maybe too focused on the large megathreads always sitting on the front page, so the other, slower threads get less attention, but beyond artificially limiting megathreads (for which there is evidently large demand) I don't know what to propose. If people want to post in megathreads then they should be doing that.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Some of us still post in D&D with semi-regularity! Though I do so knowing that I am ever at risk of probations that are such horseshit that even my "posting enemies" object. Such is just the way of the world, and I feel like my contributions to the discourse are worth it because otherwise the "left" would be entirely neglected

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Just as one point of admin and mod feedback: Trump thread posters thought the decision to delete the thread was ill conceived and not very well thought out.

Like freezing the thread with a final post saying "We are reviewing this" would have been slightly better. But my main point is this: removing the thread made the solution "These individual posters are not bad enough to ban, but together they form a Voltron of violent death threats so the thread has to go."

I think the inconsistent nature of the solution to appease the QCS crowd was part of what got people to keep reopening it and also why I suspect it only took two tries.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Radirot posted:

its kind of funny when something relatively new like "poof a beefer" comes along and people get loving ENRAGED while people are still posting this, ed balls and other dusty old memes

seems like if u get enraged about white noise posting its time to chill out and

poof a beefer

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
the forum started to suck heavily after homex allowed himself to be owned in qcs

theres still occasionally some good conversation to be had and im v appreciative of ppl like gradenko / bmcd but its pretty telling that the forum has only just achieved some vague stability after the current mods left or went into hiding

i think we need new actual mods and less garbage chat threads - if we get new mods i think they need to actually be informed about the poo poo this forum is ostensibly about

but most of all i think we need to be allowed to say slurs and threaten each other with death

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Radirot posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schmoe Cwead posted:

its kind of funny when something relatively new like "poof a beefer" comes along and people get loving ENRAGED while people are still posting this, ed balls and other dusty old memes

seems like if u get enraged about white noise posting its time to chill out and

poof a beefer

So if anyone was wondering what I meant by white noise poo poo posting syndrome, there it is.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

speaking as someone in a "all weed is maximum illegal death sentence gently caress you" state, the whole beefers and poofers posting mocking me for this is definitely something that should be probe-worthy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

swimsuit posted:

the forum started to suck heavily after homex allowed himself to be owned in qcs

theres still occasionally some good conversation to be had and im v appreciative of ppl like gradenko / bmcd but its pretty telling that the forum has only just achieved some vague stability after the current mods left or went into hiding

i think we need new actual mods and less garbage chat threads - if we get new mods i think they need to actually be informed about the poo poo this forum is ostensibly about

but most of all i think we need to be allowed to say slurs and threaten each other with death

we don't even need informed mods we just need mods who have enough brain cells to recognize the difference between moderating a forum and trying to be the cool correct dude

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

let us directly elect at least one mod. there should be a mod election thread w/ (fake news!) polls

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Larry Parrish posted:

So if anyone was wondering what I meant by white noise poo poo posting syndrome, there it is.

thank u for showing urself off as an example

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

people keep saying this is a leftist forum for leftists to talk about things but i look around and mostly see liberals

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

skooma512 posted:

speaking of landlords someone should reopen that thread.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

people keep saying this is a leftist forum for leftists to talk about things but i look around and mostly see liberals

nancy pelosi is a leftist. tv says so

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

jarofpiss posted:

turn on you are monitor

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

jarofpiss posted:

exit the mirror maze

twoday
May 4, 2005

PawParole posted:

let us directly elect at least one mod. there should be a mod election thread w/ (fake news!) polls

I will run as a John McCain style Washington-insider candidate, those are usually pretty popular

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
just think of cspam posters as the drunk philosopher dude who lived in a barrel and yelled at random passerby

we just need a barrel and people to yell at

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
as mentioned. this is one of the few super leftist forums that is also incredibly gay and LGBTQ positive. For good and ill, of course. But still, this has been a forum welcoming of people actively hostile against the majority culture trying to kill or destroy them. it has not censored that hostility or anger. yeah, it’s a slight liability, but I haven’t seen a lot of gay or trans motivated massacres happening compared to incels or the like tolerated in other forums. Not a lot of ISIS videos featuring trans or gay people executing their enemies. not a lot of people storming the capitol who were big bernie voters or maoists. I don’t get the fear of CSPAM as a hotbed of violent activity. we already have active forums that still exist that have produced murderers or people who killed themselves and had significant others in distress posting afterward. they are not under the same review, in spite of very actively aiding the murderers or people killing themselves. “harm reduction.” this op very much feels like a subtle threat to the forum “oh hey y’all, can you justify your existence real quick lol” It’s a good forum. it is not worse than other existing forums.

edit: I’m one of those people who want the r word banned. my mom taught special Ed. I was taught from a young age that retard is a slur. it’s gross. people can do better. it’s simple enough to call someone an idiot or moron without getting into weird “smooth brained” nonsense. it is absolutely different.

fr0id has issued a correction as of 07:23 on Jun 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
make the cspam imp zone rsf. cspam without the megathreads.