Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Walk in vaccination centre postcode link, today only all over 18s

https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/find-a-walk-in-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-site/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Trickjaw posted:

e: triple post,

Hat trickjaw

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

learnincurve posted:

GB News had a average viewership of 50k a day last week after promising advertisers and investors 150k

Can't believe GB news was cancelled by the woke invisible hand of the free market

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Where is Kieth? Have we seen a single on camera comment about Hancock from
him yet? I think we can make our own assumptions about why not

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

can you get the second vaccine this way?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Some are some are not, your council's health website should have the details.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

learnincurve posted:

Dan Hodges kept Glenda Jackson locked in a basement flat for a year and had her grandson yell happy birthday at her through the letterbox.

People only found out when she did a cry for help phone interview with the Guardian arts section

Is this real

is your country real

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

smellmycheese posted:

Where is Kieth?

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1408690518008139778
:britain:

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

not exactly

Ghost Leviathan posted:

is your country real
no

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ghost Leviathan posted:

is your country real

It's real. Real bad.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ah. Licking boots rather than secretaries faces.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hodges becoming press secretary will at least be funny when every single release gets thisyou'd.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

When I think of the UK armed forces in the 21st century I really think of them saving peoples lives

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Love squaddies, 'ate *the proposed national care service *, simple as.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Hodges becoming press secretary will at least be funny when every single release gets thisyou'd.

My money's on Hennessy being the actual candidate, with hodges and burley on there to shore up Hennessy's cred. As much as I want banter timeline to be reality, I just can't imagine hodges being seriously under consideration.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

jiggerypokery posted:

can you get the second vaccine this way?

Second jab details:
“The vaccine hubs are open to people having their first dose but can also provide second jabs for the over-40s who had their first at least eight weeks ago, or at least 12 weeks ago for the under-40s.”

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Not wearing a tie: shocking disrespect to our brave lads and lasses.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Pistol_Pete posted:

Not wearing a tie: shocking disrespect to our brave lads and lasses.

A tie is a mark of ambition. Keith Stonger alarmed me by not wearing one as it showed he craved being not in power

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
If the anger around the Hancock story sustains into next week, could it be enough to save Labour in Batley & Spen?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Halisnacks posted:

If the anger around the Hancock story sustains into next week, could it be enough to save Labour in Batley & Spen?

Lol no

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Good.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I Imagine the mail pays better and there's 0 pressure for results. There's no reason for him to leave.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Noon update: 14 arguments (not family
18 Arguments (family)
People delighted: 1. A whinging child in the trolley in Tesco, mummy says "We'll get there when we get there" and, before I knew it I added 'but not before '. She laughed.

Thats as good as my life gets

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Halisnacks posted:

Is there any?

I assume theyr gonna be up in the polls

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Hancock, lad... after all.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

bravissimo 👏

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Marmaduke! posted:

He's [DH] shown there is no depth to the amount of ineptitude he's not willing to go to bat for, pretty good form really

posting like I'm in the baseball thread, gently caress the DH

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/mr_considerate/status/1408724904237797380

See if you can guess who the author is from that paragraph. You’re probably right.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

It’s not often I genuinely LOL at things on the internet but this is one of those occasions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQE2r2rLrbQ

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Comrade Fakename posted:

See if you can guess who the author is from that paragraph. You’re probably right.

"... when did differences of opinion become so unacceptable...?"

a: when you turned into someone's granny in the 1980s, angry about the deviants

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
She's not just on the wrong side of history, she's on the wrong side of science and medicine.

"I know some people think I'm on the wrong side of history when I think that race is a biological fact and blacks only act white to get our women and have an extra bone that makes them do crime, but why can't we just agree to disagree?"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I support everyone's right to live the way they want I just think trans people shouldn't be allowed to use the toilet because I'm extremely Normal

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Oh no. Not consequences for your actions. How tragic.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also it's legal for me to say this. Make sure that everyone knows that what I'm about to say is legal.

I always make sure to say this before saying my Good opinions, just to make sure that none of my friends call the police to report how cool they are.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Julio Cruz posted:

posting like I'm in the baseball thread, gently caress the DH

At least you didn't think it was mumsnet ("Dear husband")

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

That last sentence is the worst one I've read in a long time. Just touchy feely pablum trying to explain how it's progressive to be an outspoken homophobe.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Comrade Fakename posted:

I like how she decries friends denouncing her via twitter but then mistakenly also notes they have actually - repeatedly - told her they disagree with her. Can't even get her own story of personal oppression straight. And what a world we live in, where people stop being friends with someone just because they find their views to be hideous. She'd probably get on well with Rees Mogg too.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I nearly had a gammon attack at the vaccination centre, 5 minutes into getting my ear bent by a French woman furious she couldn't get her Pfizer second dose when she rocked up without an appointment or even an NHS number - like a) I'm a numpty in a hi viz slinging out stickers and making sure people wait 15 minutes for the 5g nanobots to update, what do you want me to do about it, and b) she *could* have got it of it weren't for the first words out of her mouth being "I've already had my first dose in Paris" - an opening gambit I'm sure she tried with the reception too because she mentioned Paris literally every sentence. Love, if you're so much above Charlton, gently caress off back to Paris and get your second dose there, my inner Question Time audience member screamed.

Instead I just nodded politely while her partner, who was able to get his dose, sunk deeper and deeper into his seat. Thank gently caress we had a fainter so I had an excuse to just walk away.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can't guess who it is only because there's so many people it could be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
ok seriously what is goin on with british women that boris johnson and matt hancock are viable sexual partners??? is this becaus of brexit