Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bust Rodd posted:

the goons who think Robert is a CIA operative are top 5 dumbest people on this website without question.

can someone get this guy out of here lol. i feel legitimately sick seeing his username after someone showed me the sex posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Larry Parrish posted:

can someone get this guy out of here lol. i feel legitimately sick seeing his username after someone showed me the sex posts.

lmao just put me on ignore you baby

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

the goons who think Robert is a CIA operative are top 5 dumbest people on this website without question.

I don't think anyone is saying he's some type of operator but if he's funded by and serving the agenda of the CIA then it seems a little suspicious to me. He also seems like a dickhead.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

Bust Rodd posted:

As someone who is fully reiki certified, this is 90% of clients. The remaining 10% smell terrible.

I got certified lvl 1-2 after college, and then took my lvl 3 cert a few years later. I’m super into meditation and related personal therapies, but I don’t believe in crystals or magic or astrology, I just believe in the healing power of the human body and I think reiki triggers psychosomatic healing states in certain kinds of people and I wanted to explore that. You meet charlatans ALL THE TIME, but woo-woo people are all HUGE gossips so you only have to worry about the ones who come into the community already rich, because they will sue you.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Greg Legg posted:

I don't think anyone is saying he's some type of operator but if he's funded by and serving the agenda of the CIA then it seems a little suspicious to me. He also seems like a dickhead.

as a thought experiment, what is the net benefit to the CIA to have a gigantic dork in tacticool body armor running around Portland reporting on police violence or delivering his weekly book reports on bad people?

not really sure how you posting “I don’t really believe in this stuff” is some kind of own, perhaps you have a very soft brain?

Bust Rodd has issued a correction as of 14:49 on Jun 26, 2021

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

what the gently caress

quote:

Reiki is a Japanese form of alternative medicine called energy healing. Reiki practitioners use a technique called palm healing or hands-on healing through which a "universal energy" is said to be transferred through the palms of the practitioner to the patient in order to encourage emotional or physical healing.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

as a thought experiment, what is the net benefit to the CIA to have a gigantic dork in tacticool body armor running around Portland reporting on police violence or delivering his weekly book reports on bad people?

not really sure how you posting “I don’t really believe in this stuff” is some kind of own, perhaps you have a very soft brain?

what is the benefit of having a thousand of these assholes running around?

my man, you can create a culture

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
why would u get a level 3 cert in something u dont care about or believe in?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

fits my needs posted:

why would u get a level 3 cert in something u dont care about or believe in?

the money is very good if you have access to old hippie libs and the conferences are fun because it’s where you can find the best acid

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
stfu bust rodd

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I know Mu Shiki. It is Quarter Circle Forward x2 and Kick and it blows everyone away with its pure technique and awesome power.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My question is does the rodd bust. My thinking is no without some serious chemical assistance. Thought leader nick Mullen has told me this is basically the same as being gay. Therefore,

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
How is Mike Duncan's History of Rome/Revolutions podcast? I heard that Haiti and later seasons turned him left which is cool, but is his earlier output succlib poo poo?

Please also recommend other history podcasts that aren't libertarians spewing four hours of dad history at me.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Is it possible to go a couple days in this thread without someone being an antagonistic psycho?

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

If you have enough of them you can use them to create the narrative you want pushed. Does that make sense? Other people can explain this better than me. And for what it's worth meditation is an important part of my life and has helped me a lot.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
The CIA founded/funded multiple "left wing" anticommunist magazines thru the Cold War, this is not some tenuous idea.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
William Blatty was a spook who wrote The Exorcist because people didn't give a poo poo about the Catholic Church's authority anymore. Regan's mom is a dumb Hollywood liberal whose lack of moral guidance opens Regan up to possession:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Bust Rodd posted:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

He’s a sometimes-CIA-backed useful idiot. This is known. Some people call that being an op and I don’t think that’s technically correct, but the spirit of it is so it’s cool.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
does reiki still work if you have hairy palms, asking for a friend

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

lmao bruh you are so obsessed with me, PM me ur address and i'll send you some underwear to sniff

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

moot the hopple posted:

How is Mike Duncan's History of Rome/Revolutions podcast? I heard that Haiti and later seasons turned him left which is cool, but is his earlier output succlib poo poo?
I mean, what do you consider a soyboy cuck shitlib take on the Samnite War?

From the beginning, his analysis is very materialist and focused on class politics. "Elites refusing to give an inch" is a problem he returns to many times over the course of HoR.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Terminal autist posted:

Is it possible to go a couple days in this thread without someone being an antagonistic psycho?
No, because the regulars take the bait every single time.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao bruh you are so obsessed with me, PM me ur address and i'll send you some underwear to sniff

Can you teach me to perfectly time my Ki Pulse ability

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Can you teach me to perfectly time my Ki Pulse ability

sure, you just need a ripe banana, a fresh condom, and flat surface about waist height.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

moot the hopple posted:

Please also recommend other history podcasts that aren't libertarians spewing four hours of dad history at me.

they're very good, classics of the medium. History of Rome starts of very rough and just gets better and better. it's sorta fitting with how the early history of Rome is all essentially myth and stories and documented history doesn't start till hundreds of years later. as mentioned Duncan always had a bit of a leftist streak in his analysis (which there isn't always a lot of, it's often just here is what happened), he just didn't fully crack ping until halfway through Revolutions.

others, I've been enjoying Age of Napoleon a lot. Fall of Civilizations eps are quite long but very well-produced and very far from dumbass dad history. History of Byzantium is a worthy successor to Rome if you end that and decide you wanna see where Rome went next.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

moot the hopple posted:

rome is good past a rough start

for revolutions i'd recommend skipping to the french revolution, he's a lib throughout it but you can see the wheels starting to turn

age of napoleon is good!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i hate to pile on to people but goddamn bust, have you ever had a good take

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Jetto Jagga posted:

The CIA founded/funded multiple "left wing" anticommunist magazines thru the Cold War, this is not some tenuous idea.

The iowa writers workshop thing kinda hosed me up tbh

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I never expected the leftist forum to attack someone for being a light worker.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I don’t think Robert Evans is directly paid by the CIA and sending reports back to Langley or whatever. I think he’s a goofy easily manipulated dork who has people who are more connected helping guide his work and offering mentorship and editorial oversight and telling him “yeah buddy you are the best little anarchist here’s your huge paycheck for being so good at anarchy” - useful idiot indeed, he has the personality and the clout to talk to and influence people who won’t necessarily trust other sources and he’s well placed to pass along information that needs to be looked into

That last part is something people should think about. I would not at all be surprised if it came out that Evans has been feeding information to the feds the entire time. He already has established relationships with feds by his own admission. Everything about him reads that he’s the type of guy to talk himself into being an informant - the kind who rationalizes “I’m the kind of guy who only passes on information about bad actors and real threats so it’s okay if I’m an informant”

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Wolfsheim posted:

The iowa writers workshop thing kinda hosed me up tbh

Each of of the big Hollywood studios in the 50s had a CIA man on the board to help nudge things in the right direction if needed

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Bust Rodd posted:

How does it feel having such a soft head?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I don’t think Robert Evans is directly paid by the CIA and sending reports back to Langley or whatever. I think he’s a goofy easily manipulated dork who has people who are more connected helping guide his work and offering mentorship and editorial oversight and telling him “yeah buddy you are the best little anarchist here’s your huge paycheck for being so good at anarchy” - useful idiot indeed, he has the personality and the clout to talk to and influence people who won’t necessarily trust other sources and he’s well placed to pass along information that needs to be looked into

That last part is something people should think about. I would not at all be surprised if it came out that Evans has been feeding information to the feds the entire time. He already has established relationships with feds by his own admission. Everything about him reads that he’s the type of guy to talk himself into being an informant - the kind who rationalizes “I’m the kind of guy who only passes on information about bad actors and real threats so it’s okay if I’m an informant”

Does it matter if he is paid directly by the CIA? Does it matter if he is aware that he is doing the CIA's job?

There are a number of "writers," "reporters," and "freelancers" where they have been extremely successful and whose entire trajectory is marked by near universal agreement with American and British foreign policy establishment. Yascha Mounk, Oz Katerjj, Robert Evans, etc. are clearly useful to the foreign policy establishment. Whether it is because the CIA paid them to be that way, or if they were that way anyways and were then just selected to be showered with money and resources because they were in agreement to begin with is irrelevant.

Once thing I can guarantee, though, is that he is very much aware that "controversial" opinions would jeopardize his 6 figure salary.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

AnimeIsTrash posted:

How does it feel having such a soft head?

no dude you repost the picture of my belly and say "what's it like having such a soft body" and own me like wtf if you're not even gonna try then get this weak poo poo off my court

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

moot the hopple posted:

They're good. His old stuff isn't succlib, it's just that the tone changes a bit as he goes from the liberal revolutions of Britain and America to literal slaves casting off literal chains in Haiti

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I do not care about Robert Evans. I only care about his more successful and attractive brother, Rich.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

my bony fealty posted:

they're very good, classics of the medium. History of Rome starts of very rough and just gets better and better. it's sorta fitting with how the early history of Rome is all essentially myth and stories and documented history doesn't start till hundreds of years later. as mentioned Duncan always had a bit of a leftist streak in his analysis (which there isn't always a lot of, it's often just here is what happened), he just didn't fully crack ping until halfway through Revolutions.

others, I've been enjoying Age of Napoleon a lot. Fall of Civilizations eps are quite long but very well-produced and very far from dumbass dad history. History of Byzantium is a worthy successor to Rome if you end that and decide you wanna see where Rome went next.

Cool that's good to know. Thanks for the othe recs, I'll give them a listen also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Larry Parrish posted:

they're already doing it but in the trademark grey forum freak way of writing really long posts nobody reads

just dipped in there and lol they're making an excellent case for finally (re)banning catchphrases and gimmicks