System Message

Secondary database maintenance is underway. Some features will be briefly unavailable.
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao Esco thinking I’d feel shame for having sex and doing drugs is the most British poo poo ever oh ya yikes boy is my face red

that’s the spirit king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hell yeah, you post about that disgusting mattress with pride

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Yeah that thread is the funniest thing I've read on this forum in ages and all the more so cuz we are so familiar with your posting style in these threads

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I miss Bust Rodds Cuphead avatar

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I’ll have it back by next weekend, this one is so weird and funny I’m gonna hang on to it for a bit because it’s genuinely upsetting more people than the cum flower did

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JollyBoyJohn posted:

pulling up pants in heaven now

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Okay come the heck on

quote:

More than 10 hours before Kahraman announced the delay, a YouTube channel claiming to be the official channel of “AbandonedTheGame” went live with a countdown video, seemingly for the launch of the promised trailer app. But right when the clock hit zero on the live YouTube broadcast, Kahraman announced the delay on Twitter. What the hell?

At first it seemed like Blue Box had gotten cold feet at the last second, deciding to reveal Abandoned when it was a bit more polished. But those who stuck around YouTube after the delay was announced were treated to new clues that seem to confirm what some have known all along: that there’s much more to Abandoned than meets the eye.

The video, which played a loop of weird sounds over the Blue Box logo, began to communicate with the viewers, sending out messages in Morse code that some speculate is actually a conversation between two sides of the same person

When asked on Twitter whether the “AbandonedTheGame” YouTube channel was an official Blue Box handle, the studio simply responded, “Fake.”

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

MechaSeinfeld posted:

no shame to bust or anyone but also, I’m really sorry that thread is really funny lol

it really is, and it got me to start browsing fyad again for the first time since like, college

bust rodd :patriot:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just keepin it light gents, happy to serve up a laugh

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Just keepin it light gents, happy to serve up a laugh

that mattress post is really something special :allears:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Meditation is good stuff, I’m a little under a week in trying to learn to approach it properly with a mindset better than when I’ve dabbled in it in the past. I loving need it at this point in my life but I also feel like that need/desire for result is stopping me up a bit too. poo poo’s weird. I like it.

Game chat: I wish Sony would bankroll a PS exclusive open world Keeping Up Appearances game like untitled goose game send post

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

Game chat: I wish Sony would bankroll a PS exclusive open world Keeping Up Appearances game like untitled goose game send post

Bucket List.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bethesda sent out an email last night celebrating 25 years of Quake.
All I want in this life is proper ports of Q/Q2 to consoles with all the expansion packs :pray:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bethesda sent out an email last night celebrating 25 years of Quake.
All I want in this life is proper ports of Q/Q2 to consoles with all the expansion packs :pray:

Quake or Unreal Tournament, I don’t give a poo poo which one. It’s probably the game I’ve wanted the most for the longest.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Meditation is cool and good although I dont practice it as much anymore as I probably should. There was a time in my life where I was training to become a Buddhist priest

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

boop the snoot posted:

Quake or Unreal Tournament, I don’t give a poo poo which one. It’s probably the game I’ve wanted the most for the longest.

Right now with Epic being Fortnite/Storefront focused there's 0 chances while maybe, the success of PS4/Xbone releases of Doom 1, 2 and 64 may make them to order (hopefully to Nightdive studios) the port of Quake 1 and 2 to consoles. Paging Rocket Pan :wink:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I appreciate the effort Simone but holy moley this avatar is so much worse! Good grief, what is even going on LMAO!!

Since no one else is gonna know what the gently caress, you've been turned into a vtuber which is to say a streamer with an animated avatar.

The bad news is that she's retiring on the 1st so you've only got 4 more days to live.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They really "Retire" them like replicants, huh...

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

VideoGames posted:

Bucket List.

And there’s our title!

Come on Sony!!!

fridge corn posted:

Meditation is cool and good although I dont practice it as much anymore as I probably should. There was a time in my life where I was training to become a Buddhist priest

This is the most fridge corn thing. I mean that in a good way. I’d love to hear about your experience but I guess that’s hard to fit into a random post lol. Buddhism is very beautiful. I’ve been drawn to it since I was a kid. It’s been an off and on thing but lately I’ve been picking up on the reading and the way it clarifies so many things about life is amazing. There’s so much of it that is just like “hey cut the bullshit, here’s the direct way to handle x thing”. If I didn’t struggle extremely hard with the concept of karmic debt/reincarnation and such I could see myself getting involved more with it as a whole.

love,
some white dude who knows nothing but has read too much alan watts (taoism is something I need to study more too!)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I mean if I said 'graduating' no one's gonna know what that means. She's moving on from streaming at that company to do something else. She didn't manage to have a decade of streaming before moving on to something else like Vinesauce Vinny but he also wasn't being incessantly harassed for half a year after saying Taiwan on stream so that'll take a lot out of you.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

Bust only read the first word of the cum town thread and misunderstood what it’s actually about

Although to be honest that’s pretty much what I always imagined cum town listeners to be like

idk I’m mixed between not wanting to shame Bust but also coming up with multiple funny things to say about it

i love original cum boy stavros halkias. cum town good

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Apparently it comes from a new thread dedicated to me in FYAD, which I can only assume is the subforum for Fun, Young, Awesome Dudes

i need a link to this, stat

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

RareAcumen posted:

I mean if I said 'graduating' no one's gonna know what that means. She's moving on from streaming at that company to do something else. She didn't manage to have a decade of streaming before moving on to something else like Vinesauce Vinny but he also wasn't being incessantly harassed for half a year after saying Taiwan on stream so that'll take a lot out of you.

At least she's going out with over a million subs, as the most-superchatted YouTuber in existence (with the bank account to show for it), having had a major impact on her industry, and with major outpourings of affection from her colleagues and audience.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Once again goons know everything about the weirdest poo poo.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

fridge corn posted:

fridgecorn lore deepens

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't particularly care for the term but no one's putting a bullet in her head lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

This is the most fridge corn thing. I mean that in a good way. I’d love to hear about your experience but I guess that’s hard to fit into a random post lol. Buddhism is very beautiful. I’ve been drawn to it since I was a kid. It’s been an off and on thing but lately I’ve been picking up on the reading and the way it clarifies so many things about life is amazing. There’s so much of it that is just like “hey cut the bullshit, here’s the direct way to handle x thing”. If I didn’t struggle extremely hard with the concept of karmic debt/reincarnation and such I could see myself getting involved more with it as a whole.

love,
some white dude who knows nothing but has read too much alan watts (taoism is something I need to study more too!)

There's not much to say unfortunately but I got involved with a guy who was the head of a local Buddhist organisation when my physician recommended him to me for counselling in my late teens/early twenties. Anyway it turned out he was a big martial arts guy and since I was a black belt in my own right he invited me to train under him and also help teach the class he held for his son and some neighbourhood kids. We studied meditation as part of our marital arts training and I had just begun to get more involved with his organisation and study the Buddhist precepts proper when some things happened and I had to move away

Its kinda crazy for me to think about nowadays cuz if things hadn't turned out like they did and I had stayed under his tutelage I imagine my life would have turned out very different than it did! But that early exposure to buddhism definitely had a huge influence on my outlook on life even if I'm not as in touch with it these days as I might be

Also ours was a sort of modernist zen buddhist sect and wasnt too concerned with any of the reincarnation bits as much

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Brands keep jumping on it now and I was also still alive 40 years ago back in 2018 when Kizuna Ai was a thing and still remember that. Like, Netflix made one, Sonic's one now too, it's goofy.

Also I'm still subscribed to TeamFourStar and Takahata101 has one now.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I would've been living in the woods long ago were it not for goon lore

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s notreally that weird they are insanely hot as a commodity right now.

They are getting action figured from real companies now

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm gonna regret asking this but are there vtuber funkopops

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Not to my knowledge, but some of them have Nendoroids

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s notreally that weird they are insanely hot as a commodity right now.

They are getting action figured from real companies now

i don't even know what we're talking about tbh, i tuned out as soon as i saw the word vtuber

i assume it has something to do with internet personalities representing new capital frontiers?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Does anyone here play any games

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i don't even know what we're talking about tbh, i tuned out as soon as i saw the word vtuber

i assume it has something to do with internet personalities representing new capital frontiers?

Twitch streamers that use virtual stand ins instead of their face.

I wouldn’t recommend them they are kind of dumb but man are they popular right now

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Depends. Does ac Valhalla count as a game?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i'm sorry, the ps4 has no games. all the games are on ps5

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Depends. Does ac Valhalla count as a game?

Sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm playing Nioh 2 and just got the cave of big titty snake ladies