Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

How do cspammers remember the names of so many posters

Its really just the 4-5 most insane posting praxis ones.

I recall the actual "fyad enemies list" was like 1/2 completely wrong at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

How do cspammers remember the names of so many posters

I struggle with remembering if Guy Mann or Guy Goodbody is that poster named Guy that I hate.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's Guy Mann

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Guy Mann: the poster so horrible he claimed that not calling him Sleeveless was literal deadnaming.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

Guy Mann: the poster so horrible he claimed that not calling him Sleeveless was literal deadnaming.

That's practically at the bottom of the list for reprehensible things he's said

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

This makes so much sense in retrospect, tbh

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

pentyne posted:

That's practically at the bottom of the list for reprehensible things he's said

absolutely but the shitbirdery of being able to say it and all gives you a good idea of just how worthless a person he was

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

He was banned from twitter very quickly multiple times. At the time, people thought that someone at twitter must have had a grudge against SA. It really is uncanny how good abusers are at hiding in people's blind spots and allowing the generosity that people naturally extend to one another to just cover over everything about them. Because you don't assume another person is behaving monstrously in secret when they have a reasonable explanation about how they've been treated unfairly, at least not for the first few times.

I always assumed it was someone that he targeted as an ALOD or something like that now worked at twitter and just constantly banned him

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The first report I saw for PYF after being modded was a Guy Mann one.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The first report I saw for PYF after being modded was a Guy Mann one.

He's still constantly reading and reporting things from some or all of his alts in other forums.

I don't know what level of report abuse it would take to warrant further banning. I know last year the guy in DnD reporting literally every post in a thread because they disagreed with him got banned, but the reason also included "we've just discovered a daily limit exists for reported posts thanks to you so its time for you to leave"

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

pentyne posted:

He's still constantly reading and reporting things from some or all of his alts in other forums.

I don't know what level of report abuse it would take to warrant further banning. I know last year the guy in DnD reporting literally every post in a thread because they disagreed with him got banned, but the reason also included "we've just discovered a daily limit exists for reported posts thanks to you so its time for you to leave"

I知 like 90 percent sure that same poster was the dice thread meltdowner and later became a mod.

E:Oh snap I can read the dice thread again, I知 gonna do that.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I misread that at first and now I'm disappointed that Guy Mann isn't also Incredibly Angry Dice Stats Nerd :smith:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

But not post in it for the next six hours, it seems :rip:

e: unless it's archived in which case this joke doesn't work

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I知 like 90 percent sure that same poster was the dice thread meltdowner and later became a mod.

please quote the last three posts ITT

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

VanSandman posted:

absolutely but the shitbirdery of being able to say it and all gives you a good idea of just how worthless a person he was

He sucked a lot in every and all incarnations. gently caress You Sleeveless. Report me :boom:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I’m like 90 percent sure that same poster was the dice thread meltdowner and later became a mod.

E:Oh snap I can read the dice thread again, I’m gonna do that.

That guy became a mod?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

link to dice thread?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tunicate posted:

link to dice thread?

It's in the mod forums because it got too wild.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Lol nah he eventually got month probed for spamming reports and lying in the report reason in spite of admin warnings, and left the site afaict after that.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Tunicate posted:

link to dice thread?

Dude was throwing an absolute fit that Popular Dice Company's dice weren't perfectly balanced. Then the higher ups caught wind of the thread somehow and it turned out the OP had said too much.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Dude was throwing an absolute fit that Popular Dice Company's dice weren't perfectly balanced. Then the higher ups caught wind of the thread somehow and it turned out the OP had said too much.

Because of that thread I now know I have a set of dice that can be used to counterfeit European Union bills so honestly maybe the dice company management was right.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Didnt someone in that thread also discover their set of normal looking glittery dice had extremely rare glitter (!!!!) and is now worth many dollars?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

It's in the mod forums because it got too wild.

i thought it got mod threadded because the OP could have been in trouble with their job for dishing on them, because there aren't a whole lot of american manufacturers of RPG dice ( its chessex )

the guy melting down over dice randomness was just a hilarious bonus

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Arivia posted:

Because of that thread I now know I have a set of dice that can be used to counterfeit European Union bills so honestly maybe the dice company management was right.

I spend so much time looking at posts and doing the Fry-squinting-not-sure-face

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Xun posted:

Didnt someone in that thread also discover their set of normal looking glittery dice had extremely rare glitter (!!!!) and is now worth many dollars?

It technically is rare glitter :v:

As Arivia said, the glitter that the company (Chessex) previously used was pulled from the market because it got adopted for use as a security measure for the new Euro banknotes. So even though it's just glitter, it's glitter that's a controlled substance and literally illegal to sell.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Illegal glitter

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hub Cat posted:

Illegal glitter
The dude that make Pinkest Pink and Black 2.0 also has shards of glass that make the world's sparkliest glitter...

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Hub Cat posted:

Illegal glitter

This must be who that huge secret buyer in the glitter industry is

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ishikabibble posted:

It technically is rare glitter :v:

As Arivia said, the glitter that the company (Chessex) previously used was pulled from the market because it got adopted for use as a security measure for the new Euro banknotes. So even though it's just glitter, it's glitter that's a controlled substance and literally illegal to sell.

aw poo poo that'll never come off the bank vault

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

xtal posted:

This must be who that huge secret buyer in the glitter industry is
No that's boat finish companies violating pollution regulations. The euro note stuff is on the books.

Terrible Opinions has a new favorite as of 05:39 on Jun 27, 2021

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Xun posted:

That was me with my husband's buddy's dice, and no, they were not the rare glitter dice, just similar looking ones.

The rare glitter dice were more of a purpley color.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Terrible Opinions posted:

No that's boat finish companies violating pollution regulations. The euro note stuff is on the books.

illegal boat glitter varnish?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

fool of sound posted:

Lol nah he eventually got month probed for spamming reports and lying in the report reason in spite of admin warnings, and left the site afaict after that.

I had confused Twodots and Twoday, is what happened.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I had confused Twodots and Twoday, is what happened.

This sounds like an excerpt from a Lewis Carroll poem.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
First person to write a poem in the style of Lewis Carroll about an SA saga gets 20 bucks in forum gift certificates.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Snow Cone Capone posted:

This makes so much sense in retrospect, tbh

It always does.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

He was banned from twitter very quickly multiple times. At the time, people thought that someone at twitter must have had a grudge against SA. It really is uncanny how good abusers are at hiding in people's blind spots and allowing the generosity that people naturally extend to one another to just cover over everything about them. Because you don't assume another person is behaving monstrously in secret when they have a reasonable explanation about how they've been treated unfairly, at least not for the first few times.

Sadly there's no reason to assume it wasn't some crazy ex-goon taking their revenge without realizing Lowtax was a shithead domestic abuser.

I mean I'd like it to be someone who saw through his bullshit sooner than the rest of us but I have no reason to assume that's the case given the other absolutely awful people who still have Twitter accounts.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 07:54 on Jun 27, 2021

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 hours!)

First person to write a poem in the style of Lewis Carroll about an SA saga gets 20 bucks in forum gift certificates.

Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-SPAM

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

rodbeard posted:

I struggle with remembering if Guy Mann or Guy Goodbody is that poster named Guy that I hate.

Guy Mann is the sleeveless one nobody likes but Guy Goodbody posted lots of strange and not hugely funny pictures in the Funny Pictures thread years back. There was a rule in place at one point that if he posted a picture, he had to explain why it was funny. I don't know if he still posts, I've still not caught up with all of Funny Pictures.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
"The time has come", the Granos said,
"To talk of many things;"
"Of shoes and ships and oh poo poo it's the police"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah but I never read those articles. Who would? Who the hell even goes to the front page. I dont think I've seen it since 2002.

The front page peaked in November 2003

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Tomato or mustard based BBQ?

Vinegar, because I'm not a loving animal.