Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

new handguard looks cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Apparently most if not all maps are currently fogged to death inside and out.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Orv posted:

Apparently most if not all maps are currently fogged to death inside and out.

I've been running thermals and loving it

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

1) Make people trade GPUs for Thermals
2) Give people a reason to run said Thermals

Nikita you sly dog.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

WirelessPillow posted:

I've been running thermals and loving it

Well good for you, Richie Rich xD

I'm doing rat runs in the fog for beef stew and AK parts

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
If you aren't super rich right now you are doing something very wrong. You can basically walk into Reserve and walk out with a couple mil. Just go to the scav/pmc extract and wait. Leave and you get 100k USD.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Every visit to reserve has been a bloodbath

Orv
May 4, 2011
Do Interchange instead, people have been much chiller about it.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I stopped playing until the wipe. If you want money, just ask. I'll happily give it to you.

Edit: Seriously. At this point in the wipe you should have the opportunity to play super chad. I've got plenty to give and I can hook anyone up with enough to be able to do some dumb poo poo until the wipe.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I will take you up on this free money thing

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Headshock#7342, message me on Discord and we'll work it out.

Edit: RMT isn't super easy in this game, so most of the giveaways are just gonna have to be stacked loadouts and 3 bitcoins, plus whatever other valuable poo poo sells to a vendor and that I can take into a raid.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 25, 2021

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Cool, I'll hit you up this weekend. And no pressure, just looking to keep the lab-death-grind flowing.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
NP. I made a couple loadouts so people can just message me when they need one. It's basically a stacked vector, m4a1 or HK, sometimes a M1A, a bunch of great ammo, a slick, a rig, a helmet, some earbuds, glasses, a mustache (necessary) and the biggest backpack (forget the name) with more mags/ammo, as much currency as you can take into a raid (not a lot) 3x bitcoins and some other random valuables to vendor. I throw a bunch of grenades, meds and stimulants in as well.

We'll just join a raid together, you kill me and take my loot. After that, it's up to you. As long as you stick the valuables in your butt you at least made a mil, but if you get out with the kit.

You can also request a key set and I can drop a SICC with keys. If you want to open all the doors on Reserve or get into KIBA for whatever reason.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Wipe on Monday.

BSG Twitter basically announced it. They are creating some lore behind it. Basically all scavs are raiders now and Prapor is calling for pmcs and player scavs to join together to fight them.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

ShowTime posted:

Wipe on Monday.

BSG Twitter basically announced it. They are creating some lore behind it. Basically all scavs are raiders now and Prapor is calling for pmcs and player scavs to join together to fight them.

Was this recent? I know about all the events, but I don't remember them posting anything about a wipe specifically

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
They still didn’t announce when wipe is. Please stop being loving idiots

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1408724752773091328

quote:

From scratch! The UN expressed deep concern at the rapidly growing escalation of confine in the vicinity of Tarkov and called on the participants for a ceasefire. In a joint communique, the G-30 governments invite the warring parties to sit down at the negotiating table and start a clean slate of dialogue. One of the many abandoned shelters in the suburbs of Tarkov.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Would they introduce a way to make 100 000 USD easily if they weren't going to reset the economy?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Mae posted:

Would they introduce a way to make 100 000 USD easily if they weren't going to reset the economy?

Yes, for a number of reasons, really. Try not to forget that this game is in beta and they can and do make all sorts of wild decisions just to test how the player base and game will handle it

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
At this point you are being deliberately thick if you don't think a wipe is coming. The articles headline is literally "clean slate".

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Is Factory expansion and Scav Karma coming with this patch? Both will have (low-level) quests attached to them, making a wipe necessary anyway.

Stux posted:

[stepping up on the corner rope and putting my hand to my ear as the audience chants wipe]
BAH GAWD! THE PEOPLE'S WIPE FROM THE TOP OF THE CAGE!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cage Kicker posted:

They still didn’t announce when wipe is. Please stop being loving idiots

wipes coming awoooooooooo

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I've been perhaps the threads biggest proponent of no wipe, but it's happening. You cannot deny it at this point. The crazy events, the sale celebrating the patch, the farmable 100k and now a teaser that says "clean slate". It's coming.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Right but people have been saying every little change means a wipe for months now, which is stupid. Unless BSG Twitter says there's going to be a wipe, or Nikita goes live on Twitter again, nobody knows exactly when the wipe is going to be, no matter how many mental gymnastics they do

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cage Kicker posted:

Right but people have been saying every little change means a wipe for months now, which is stupid. Unless BSG Twitter says there's going to be a wipe, or Nikita goes live on Twitter again, nobody knows exactly when the wipe is going to be, no matter how many mental gymnastics they do

wipes coming accept it and move on

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
At this point the no-wipers are starting to sound like Flat Earthers tbh.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Cage Kicker posted:

Yes and no. Yea, lots of people have been saying that and I get not believing this time because of the whole "cry wolf" thing, but at this point it's undeniable.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

very excited for wipe, i hadh to stop playing a couple weeks in last wipe and havnt picked it up since so im ready

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cage Kicker posted:

It would be a really weird move in a wipe where everyone complained about the economy to then gently caress it up even further and leave it without a wipe for another X months. I agree that the people who scream "Wipe?!" the second anything changes in game suck but since the game is in a testing state, there's really nothing to test with "What if we gave everyone millions of USD?" and there's no reason to leave the game as it is now.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/johnbbeta/status/1408562199090565131
Make some nooooooise

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Heck yea, that's peak Russia right there.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

posting because i remembered wipe is coming lets goooooooooooooooo

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
people actually losing their minds trying to predict if a wipe is imminent or not, literally who gives a gently caress you avacados

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

a wipe is imminent, i predict it

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Is streets finally coming

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Today's event is losing your secure container on death, and the fallout on Twitter is delicious.

"Time to play another game. gently caress This. Makes no sense and ruiner the game. Gg jeeez"
"They need to pull this immediately. The people complaining about the gamma/kappa being a crutch are the ones that were too cheap to buy EOD or not good enough to get Kappa.
This and the fog are stupid. The rest has been cool though."
"Did you guys hire someone from Call of Duty? This week is how you ruin a great game in a heartbeat."
"it's time to play another game, they already broke the game, I'm not going to recommend this game so broken Face with symbols over mouth Face with symbols over mouth""

You get the container back via System Message.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

giZm posted:

Today's event is losing your secure container on death, and the fallout on Twitter is delicious.

I think you just don't get to use your secure container, death has nothing to do with it. I do love the twitter salt.

giZm posted:

You get the container back via System Message.

I logged in and had the message waiting for me and I can't re-equip the container.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Whoops, should've checked myself first. Yes, no Secure Container usage today.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

hopefully they don't wipe until like the 10th or something so i can go on my vacay and bang my hot big tiddy goth gf and come back to the early wipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

hopefully they don't wipe until like the 10th or something so i can go on my vacay and bang my hot big tiddy goth gf and come back to the early wipe

:chloe: