Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

a cyberpunk goose posted:

am i having a stroke

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Ringo Roadagain posted:

tell them no and watch gundam instead

No

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Liv1PLpheNk&ab_channel=kennylauderdale

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tomino is correct.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
tomino having homicidal tendencies tracks

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

It sure looks like Moriarty is going to cop out and go third way politics at the very end. :sad: Low energy!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its important to watch chars counter-attack to see where evangelion got its ideas

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ultraman :colbert:

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Stairmaster posted:

its important to watch chars counter-attack to see where evangelion got its ideas

I actually rewatched this for the first last night after 15 years.
I forgot how quickly it ends. Amuro save the day and then roll credits. Or rather, the credits are rolling as Axis is pushed backed. I can’t imagine what it was like to see this is theaters the first time 30 years ago, seeing the movie end, and just wondering wtf just happened and what will happen next.

I don’t think I like it as much after watching it this time.
The Quess, Hathaway, Gyunei plot doesn’t really go anywhere or add much to the story other than I guess driving the point home that Char sucks and is happy to manipulate people, but we already know that. it’s unfortunate that it is so much of the run time. Actually I guess I do like like the movie, except it keeps interrupting all the interesting, good parts to show what’s happening with Quess, Hathaway, and Gyunei.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Pulcinella posted:

I actually rewatched this for the first last night after 15 years.

I don’t think I like it as much after watching it this time.
The Quess, Hathaway, Gyunei plot doesn’t really go anywhere or add much to the story other than I guess driving the point home that Char sucks and is happy to manipulate people, but we already know that. it’s unfortunate that it is so much of the run time. Actually I guess I do like like the movie, except it keeps interrupting all the interesting, good parts to show what’s happening with Quess, Hathaway, and Gyunei.

That plot is important for the new Hathaway movie. Let's just say that it left our friend Hathaway kinda hosed up!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

The Boys, a clear Seinen, showrunner says the next season is about how politics tears us apart

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

pillsburysoldier posted:

The Boys, a clear Seinen, showrunner says the next season is about how politics tears us apart

stormfront is just nazi asuka

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0-Qd2jIM24

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
vivy's ending was cute but the show messed up its premise but whtvr

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

pillsburysoldier posted:

I thought it was gonna be Herogasm

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Honest Thief posted:

vivy's ending was cute but the show messed up its premise but whtvr

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing but I think the show is still pretty good overall.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Vivy had some pretty cool action sequences though.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Vivy is my biggest disappointment this season. So much potential, so much wasted. The ending was confusing AND vapid which is a powerful combo. They should make a serial experiments lain crossover for season 2.

Odd taxi remains a loving knockout and AOTS to me

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
ragnarok on netflix takes my biggest disappointment award, mostly because it's so mediocre but at least is no kengan asura

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Vivy had a weakass end, but everything before that was p good, some mindblowing animation at times. I was more annoyed by that 86 anime - you get the point in the first 2-3 episodes, and then you have to watch the whiny main character slowly get it over the course of the next 10. Also not a single Nazi died, pass.

Odd Taxi fuckin rules tho

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Ivy's ending may have been a big "meh" but it didn't ruin what came before or insult the audience or anything. The show remains pretty good and I'd recommend it to anyone interesting. Other good shows have been ruined completely by their endings so Vivy got away pretty good.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Drops of God, the wine tasting manga with DECANTING FRIM SUCH A HEIGHT, is entirely in English and incredibly good

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

elaboration has issued a correction as of 01:01 on Apr 24, 2023

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Has Eva 4 been translated and pirated yet?

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
bluray probably aint going to be out for at least another 6 months lol :(

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Honest Thief posted:

ragnarok on netflix takes my biggest disappointment award, mostly because it's so mediocre but at least is no kengan asura

sucks seeing some pretty rad fighting manga get real mediocre adaptations

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

bluray probably aint going to be out for at least another 6 months lol :(

The Rebuilds have have pages on the Amazon Prime video website but you can’t watch them. Bezos is hoarding them all for himself. Its suspected they have been translated and dubbed for a while. But Studio Kara is trying maximize ticket sales and also maybe waiting for the Funimation license to expire. It would explain why there hasn’t been any re-releases of the first one. It’s been sold out for years. Edit: Also no cam rips because Kara has been lobbying to have the government throw the book at anyone who tries. Which is a shame, the intended way to watch the Rebuilds is a 240p upload cam rip on Google Video.

86 starts off strong but it’s clear the story is just not done and the season could have ended a couple episodes earlier to end at a stronger stopping point. Also there is a big character kill-off episode but you hardly know most of them individually so it doesn’t make much of an impact. It’s like the show thinks it has a large, interesting ensemble cast, but it really doesn’t. There are a large number of characters, but there are only a few it cares about.

Demon Slayer movie has good animation, but it’s not really that much better than the show’s level of good animation. It really is just 6 or 7 episodes strung together and there is no attempt to explain what is happening or who anyone is, so on that level it is a bad movie. Don’t know how this movie made half a billion dollars. The plot and characters are incredibly stock. The show does have animation that greatly exceeds most shows, but I don’t know why this specifically was the series chosen to have good animation.

Pulcinella has issued a correction as of 20:37 on Jun 26, 2021

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Finished watching SSSS.Dynazenon after going back to watch Gridman. It sounds like Gridman is better regarded online but Dynazenon was the better show IMO. I think having a cast that all play active roles just gives way more opportunity to explore the characters. Also Koyomi becomes a hottie after he quits being a NEET so hopefully that’ll help some people get their poo poo together

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Pulcinella posted:

Demon Slayer movie has good animation, but it’s not really that much better than the show’s level of good animation. It really is just 6 or 7 episodes strung together and there is no attempt to explain what is happening or who anyone is, so on that level it is a bad movie. Don’t know how this movie made half a billion dollars. The plot and characters are incredibly stock. The show does have animation that greatly exceeds most shows, but I don’t know why this specifically was the series chosen to have good animation.

it was the only movie that was in theaters, basically

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/chain_saw__man/status/1409003608591396868?s=20

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

And the trailer: https://youtube.com/watch?v=eyonP1AgC0k

I need more!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

oh god I forgot mappa was making chainsaw man

how the gently caress can these guys have like 5 series ongoing every season?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

looking good. is that supposed to come out this year?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Kit Walker posted:

Finished watching SSSS.Dynazenon after going back to watch Gridman. It sounds like Gridman is better regarded online but Dynazenon was the better show IMO. I think having a cast that all play active roles just gives way more opportunity to explore the characters. Also Koyomi becomes a hottie after he quits being a NEET so hopefully that’ll help some people get their poo poo together

I was a big Power Rangers fan as a kid so Dynazenon was very fun for me.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

oh god I forgot mappa was making chainsaw man

how the gently caress can these guys have like 5 series ongoing every season?

Horrifying work conditions, by all accounts.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Maya Fey posted:

looking good. is that supposed to come out this year?

Last I heard, rumor-wise, was November. I’ve got a lot of friends who are really into Jujutsu Kaisen, which I don’t really understand since the writing is lackluster. I’m looking forward to hearing them lose their poo poo over Chainsaw Man

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I finally got around to watching Promare. Holy poo poo that kicks rear end! Even though it was not at all what I was expecting. Who knew Promare was an over the top action spectacle? From all the fanart on Twitter I assumed it was mainly about the two guys hugging.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im probably going to marathon the new megalobox since apparently it was a solid ride from start to finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im probably going to marathon the new megalobox since apparently it was a solid ride from start to finish

Relevant themes to this thread, too.