Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

britishbornandbread posted:

We can beat Germany. Maybe.

Germany lost to France via own goal, England can handle them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Southgate owns and I hope the lads do well

Also this Germany team doesn't really look fantastic and I think we can beat them before losing to whatever cloggers are in the next round (Ukraine?)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

I'm sure everyone will handle this well

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

If England beat Germany Gareth is basically going to get a knighthood.

Either way I'm not sure I can cope.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I don't think there's an England fan alive who wouldn't mind winning 3-0 or 4-0 now and then, but I remember a terribly boring and short-on-goals Spain side winning three trophies in a row from 2008-2012 and would happily take those results.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
The 2010 Spain side was a particularly dull brand of get the job done and shut up shop. But they did so whilst maintaining possession. If we take the lead versus Germany, it’s going to be a nail biting rest of the game as we surrender the ball and fall back. Big difference is the pace we can deploy to worry their backline.

It’s going to be loving horrible regardless.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

The 2010 Spain side was a particularly dull brand of get the job done and shut up shop. But they did so whilst maintaining possession. If we take the lead versus Germany, it’s going to be a nail biting rest of the game as we surrender the ball and fall back. Big difference is the pace we can deploy to worry their backline.

It’s going to be loving horrible regardless.

Kalvin will clatter into them until they don't want the ball anymore

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If there was ever a good time to play Germany I'd say it was now, obviously they're good but can be got at and I fancy England's chances, is what I've carved on my headstone and am now climbing into my grave to await being owned so hard I die immediately

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I mean if, IF, IFFFFF, England were to advance, it’d be the biggest tournament win since Argentina 02 wouldn’t it? If any squad is capable of doing it, it’s the current rabble. The tactics have to be right though, and the wind in our favour etc.

Hoping Gareth does not poo poo the bed and deploys three at the back to counter Germany’s 343.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

I mean if, IF, IFFFFF, England were to advance, it’d be the biggest tournament win since Argentina 02 wouldn’t it? If any squad is capable of doing it, it’s the current rabble. The tactics have to be right though, and the wind in our favour etc.

Hoping Gareth does not poo poo the bed and deploys three at the back to counter Germany’s 343.

Wasnt that Argentina squad in 02 complete garbage, or at least not as good as it is now?

I'd say its the biggest win is the penalties win over Colombia. Since it was a big quarter final breaker and the shootout spectre being lifted

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I hope it comes home but if not I will accept another 7-1 Germany blowout because that's still the most fun I've had watching football

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

CyberPingu posted:

Wasnt that Argentina squad in 02 complete garbage, or at least not as good as it is now?

I'd say its the biggest win is the penalties win over Colombia. Since it was a big quarter final breaker and the shootout spectre being lifted

Pablo Cavallero, Mauricio Pochettino, Walter Samuel, Diego Placente, Javier Zanetti, Diego Simeone, Juan Sebastian Veron (Pablo Aimar 45), Juan Pablo Sorin, Ariel Ortega, Gabriel Batistuta (Hernan Crespo 60), Kily Gonzalez (Claudio Lopez 64)

Bielsa as manager.

I know teams magically become poo poo after England beat them, but that's a pretty good XI to me.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Pablo Cavallero, Mauricio Pochettino, Walter Samuel, Diego Placente, Javier Zanetti, Diego Simeone, Juan Sebastian Veron (Pablo Aimar 45), Juan Pablo Sorin, Ariel Ortega, Gabriel Batistuta (Hernan Crespo 60), Kily Gonzalez (Claudio Lopez 64)

Bielsa as manager.

I know teams magically become poo poo after England beat them, but that's a pretty good XI to me.

They had a pretty awful showing at that WC, a lot of their star power was aging and the new guys (Crespo etc) hadnt really broke through yet.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Pickford

Stones Maguire

Foden Mount Grealish

Sancho Sterling Kane Rashford Saka

Southgate's going to #unleash the potential of this squad and it's coming home

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

sebzilla posted:

Pickford

Stones Maguire

Foden Mount Grealish

2-3-5

It's coming home (to 1920)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sebzilla posted:

Pickford

Stones Maguire

Foden Mount Grealish

Not enough hoof it to the big lad up front

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

England freaking suck and they aren't going to win anything.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shrapnig posted:

Always hate to see someone projecting

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Yeah lol imagine being American. They didn’t even make it to the group stages and They've never won a single European championship game!!!

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Bape Culture posted:

Yeah lol imagine being American. They didn’t even make it to the group stages and They've never won a single European championship game!!!

Yeah, not like this is a CONMEBOL tournament or something, it's hard to win here and not just anyone gets to the group stage.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bape Culture posted:

https://m.facebook.com/oswreview/videos/1117259315426326/?refsrc=deprecated&_rdr&_se_imp=0BzA2vwzcwOwQcFYb

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Shrapnig posted:

wow, what the gently caress, MODS!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I think it's bad news for the English game

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Either way I'm not sure I can cope.

Legit ugly laughed at this post. :lol: Thank you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Porrima posted:

not just anyone gets to the group stage.

Let's not go too far, Finland and Macedonia both managed it

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Rarity posted:

Let's not go too far, Finland and Macedonia both managed it

Scotland too

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

He should humbly decline and say it was the least he could do to make good for 96.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Bookies are favouring World Cup semi-finalist England over the 11th best team in Nations League Germany. Looks like Germany truly are the underdogs in this.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

elbkaida posted:

Bookies are favouring World Cup semi-finalist England over the 11th best team in Nations League Germany. Looks like Germany truly are the underdogs in this.

England will Nazi this upset coming then.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Shrapnig posted:

England will Nazi this upset coming then.

Germany will commit MASS MERKEL.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It's coming home (sometime after 2024)

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1408538301804564483

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Have they watched the games at all?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

The ones where we won and didn’t concede any goals? Yeah maybe.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

ENGLAND BEAT SCOTLAND 0-0

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Those two teams are absolutely the wrong way round!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
You're doing a great job son, a great job

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

vyelkin posted:

You're doing a great job son, a great job

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Has anyone here been to one of the Wembley matches? Wondering if they're actually checking ID or just scanning the ticket as usual. I'm not far from Wembley and thinking to pop over on Tuesday to see if anyone is selling tickets at reasonable prices.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

elbkaida posted:

Has anyone here been to one of the Wembley matches? Wondering if they're actually checking ID or just scanning the ticket as usual. I'm not far from Wembley and thinking to pop over on Tuesday to see if anyone is selling tickets at reasonable prices.

lol mate no one is going to be selling tickets for anything close to reasonable.

Also can't believe the game is on at loving 5!!!? Move the 8pm game earlier so I'm not at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

lol mate no one is going to be selling tickets for anything close to reasonable.

Also can't believe the game is on at loving 5!!!? Move the 8pm game earlier so I'm not at work.

You don’t need to go to work. Just print out your post history for the patients to read