Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

fridge corn posted:

Depends. Does ac Valhalla count as a game?

It’s a very meditative experience for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlestheHammer posted:

Twitch streamers that use virtual stand ins instead of their face.

i look forward to a time when we have a full virtual government, like more than the current one where joe vibin' just mushmouths his way through each coached sundown session and the press happily fills in the blanks, but more like a SEELE setup or some kind of 3D animated poo poo that looks like Dr. Breen administrated by mckinsey and palantir

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I haven’t done any gaming in 9 days because my brain is being a piece of poo poo but I did watch the first two Fast and Furious movies today

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

afraid to turn my tv and console on for the next 3 days, don't want to heat up my place at all. they saying it might be 118 degrees tomorrow. :sweatdrop:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Stay cool beanpole and other pnw goons

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Stay cool beanpole and other pnw goons

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What should I play after FF7R? Here’s what has me interested lately.

Getting back to Dark Souls sounds like more than I want to bite off right now, but I’m excited to keep pushing further into it

Miles Morales is very appealing at $30. I loved the first and I dig a shorter open world game.

I need to get back to/restart Kiwami 1. I miss Yakuza!

When I find the time I need to really settle into Disco Elysium. It deserves my full focus for sure.

TLOU2 is something I’m getting more curious about by the day and I know I really should get around to it sooner than later.

Escobarbarian posted:

I haven’t done any gaming in 9 days because my brain is being a piece of poo poo but I did watch the first two Fast and Furious movies today

drat sorry to hear that, hang in there yeah? :love:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

afraid to turn my tv and console on for the next 3 days, don't want to heat up my place at all. they saying it might be 118 degrees tomorrow. :sweatdrop:

I’m dreading the Florida summer but luckily we don’t hit those insane numbers :( swamp rear end ftw

My eggplants are poppin’ in the Florida sun though those mfers are huuuuge

fridge corn posted:

There's not much to say unfortunately but I got involved with a guy who was the head of a local Buddhist organisation when my physician recommended him to me for counselling in my late teens/early twenties. Anyway it turned out he was a big martial arts guy and since I was a black belt in my own right he invited me to train under him and also help teach the class he held for his son and some neighbourhood kids. We studied meditation as part of our marital arts training and I had just begun to get more involved with his organisation and study the Buddhist precepts proper when some things happened and I had to move away

Its kinda crazy for me to think about nowadays cuz if things hadn't turned out like they did and I had stayed under his tutelage I imagine my life would have turned out very different than it did! But that early exposure to buddhism definitely had a huge influence on my outlook on life even if I'm not as in touch with it these days as I might be

Also ours was a sort of modernist zen buddhist sect and wasnt too concerned with any of the reincarnation bits as much

That’s great, thank you for sharing! I definitely lean towards that modern western zen angle. It’s good to hear there are ones that aren’t too concerned in that area.

It is interesting how things like that can touch us and make a lasting impression. The first time I even heard the word Buddha as a kid was from my next door neighbor. He used to travel around finding interesting things and had one of those ball shaped weeping buddha statues. I really wanted one and he said if I helped him clean up some of the other statues and decorations he had around and properly oil the Buddha (ayyyy) I could have it. He told me about the meaning and all at a level I could understand and it stuck with me until I could learn more.

I’m quick to jump the gently caress away from religious/spiritual things though the topic has been important to me for as long as I can remember. It’s great though when someone connects to you in that sense of peeling back the veil just enough, or maybe helping you reassess and look at things differently. It doesn’t even have to be anything big I guess, clearly a neighbor giving me a statue was enough to kickstart something!

sorry to anyone new here who isn’t used to the random wild derails lmao thinking about weird stuff 24/7 is the only thing that saves my busted brain :burger:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

13 Sentinels. The answer is always 13 Sentinels until you beat it.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Got “Ghost of Tsushima” from a friend and so far love it. I don’t know what black magic Sucker Punched used but goddamn this game looks good, and even runs surprisingly well on my base PS4.

It helps I’m a sucker for open world games and this is right up my alley.

gently caress Mongol archers tho. gently caress those assholes so much. It feels so good to slice them in half.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Solaris 2.0 posted:

gently caress Mongol archers tho.

most people on the eastern hemisphere thought much the same thing at the time, at least before an arrow pierced their skull

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

god 13 Sentinels is so loving good, he said, apropos of nothing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Does anyone here play any games

I’m playing SMT Nocturne on my Nintendo Switch.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mother! was a good movie despite the extremely hamfisted allegory. The imagery and performances were top notch

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yeah mother is a sick movie

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

one of my all time faves. did a lot of stumping for it in 2017

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Of those games listed I would say do Miles Morales first since it’s not very long

Then do Disco Elysium

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i look forward to a time when we have a full virtual government, like more than the current one where joe vibin' just mushmouths his way through each coached sundown session and the press happily fills in the blanks, but more like a SEELE setup or some kind of 3D animated poo poo that looks like Dr. Breen administrated by mckinsey and palantir

Please stand for president Hatsune Miku and vice president Donkey Kong.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaWZLOll4cY

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Mother! Owns and the cinema i saw it in was packed and they had no idea what they were in for, before and after. :allears:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sadly studying after work until the end of October so I barely play more than 20-30 min bursts. So I'm still with GR Breakpoint, PES2021 (yes, football but is nice to play two matches and quit for a week) and some indie shooters on PC.

My plan is to play and beat Sekiro after the tests so I can be ready for Elden Ring. Hell, I'm even going to try and stream the whole journey!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/26/forget-days-gone-ghost-of-tsushima-is-sonys-worst-game-14831208/amp/

Someone in the UK wrote an Op-Ed about how Sushi Ghost is SONY’s worse title and it reads exactly like a Fridge Corn post lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I wrote that article. I’m metro uk reader “Gants”

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I wrote that article. I’m metro uk reader “Gants”

You're the Joey Bad Boy Janela of the PS4 thread.

Was that a work shitpost or was real? :wink:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They're right.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

They're right.

I almost said “it reads just like an Exquisite Tea post” but it doesn’t have even one embarrassing dad pun, so it wouldn’t have landed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i havent played Game of Throneshima yet but i know it cant be worse than Days Yawn

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/26/forget-days-gone-ghost-of-tsushima-is-sonys-worst-game-14831208/amp/

Someone in the UK wrote an Op-Ed about how Sushi Ghost is SONY’s worse title and it reads exactly like a Fridge Corn post lmao

They are the resident assassins creed lover in this thread tho

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

i havent played Game of Throneshima yet but i know it cant be worse than Days Yawn

It's ridiculously good

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

Lol what the gently caress

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

You'll be calling it SamurNy(quil) with how much of a snoozefest the story and characters are!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
For a while I thought “well, I mean, graphically and combat wise and music wise Sushi Ghost is objectively superior to Assassin’s Creed… maybe the writing and acting are just leaps and bounds ahead and that’s why…” so I watched some cut scenes on YouTube and oh my no that’s not it at all. Sushi Ghost really is just better than Assassin’s Creed in every way, if you think Sushi Ghost is boring but Assassin’s Creed somehow isn’t then I fundamentally do not understand your tastes. The acting in Assassin’s creed Greece for both the main character and the quest NPCs is so bad, Sushi Ghost at least sounds like real people talking.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

"Jin, I must have my vengeance. Please examine exactly 3 things in the environment and get ambushed by Mongols."

"I have done what you asked... but at what cost?"

"Who can say. Let's do this 7 more times to find out."

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

For a while I thought “well, I mean, graphically and combat wise and music wise Sushi Ghost is objectively superior to Assassin’s Creed… maybe the writing and acting are just leaps and bounds ahead and that’s why…” so I watched some cut scenes on YouTube and oh my no that’s not it at all. Sushi Ghost really is just better than Assassin’s Creed in every way, if you think Sushi Ghost is boring but Assassin’s Creed somehow isn’t then I fundamentally do not understand your tastes. The acting in Assassin’s creed Greece for both the main character and the quest NPCs is so bad, Sushi Ghost at least sounds like real people talking.

AC is better at virtual tourism and is like 2x longer. That’s all I can think of. Oh and the decade of rich lore spanning like 32 games.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bust Rodd posted:

I would never say something like "suffice to say" :mad:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hmm you all have me mostly convinced on 13 Sentinels but I’m really not in the mood for text text text text right now either. I assume the story is compelling but I don’t know. It seems like a lot of dialog bubbles from everything I’ve seen. Maybe when I’m not doing as much reading as I have been lately?

Bust Rodd posted:

Feels good to wake up and not be this person, hell yeah

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
What if u closed your eyes and just listened to the voice acting

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Oh yeah I always assume these kinds of games don’t have VA

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hmm you all have me mostly convinced on 13 Sentinels but I’m really not in the mood for text text text text right now either. I assume the story is compelling but I don’t know. It seems like a lot of dialog bubbles from everything I’ve seen. Maybe when I’m not doing as much reading as I have been lately?

Feels good to wake up and not be this person, hell yeah

You can just listen to the voice acting. They have real VAs that do a pretty good job for what is a pretty low budget game

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

Don’t do it KD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CharlestheHammer posted:

You can just listen to the voice acting. They have real VAs that do a pretty good job for what is a pretty low budget game

That's cool, between that and Disco Elysium it's great to see mid to low budget dialog heavy games get solid VA. It helps quite a bit depending on the game.

Escobarbarian posted:

Don’t do it KD

Hey, I thought you enjoyed it!