Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Right now I'm playing wizard and minion idle for andriod. It is a pretty slow burn at the start. After it picks up and then there is always a big unlock just around the corner that gives you a massive boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Pope Guilty posted:

Once I've got all the Improved Dual Wield Wishes in NGU, it doesn't matter which slot I put which weapon in, right? Since I'm getting 100% from both?

Yep, they're now the same.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Akratic Method posted:

Yep, they're now the same.

Thanks!

Also, remember to try and keep at least some gear with bars on it equipped, because otherwise

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Synergism is really bad. There are like two points where you have to read an ability description to realize you have to prestige a bunch of times to get a multiplier up. Otherwise there is no thinking involved in that game. Just click click click.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hmm yes idle games require thinking

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Hryme posted:

Synergism is really bad. There are like two points where you have to read an ability description to realize you have to prestige a bunch of times to get a multiplier up. Otherwise there is no thinking involved in that game. Just click click click.

There’s more strategy that opens up as you get deeper in. And the two upgrades that require a bunch of transcensions are the only ones like that in the game, they're a weird outlier.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

Once I've got all the Improved Dual Wield Wishes in NGU, it doesn't matter which slot I put which weapon in, right? Since I'm getting 100% from both?

Just be careful with outfit swaps, since it doesn't swap everything simultaneously, and so the order may matter if different outfits have different weapons in those slots and it might not let you change because you have too much E/M/R3 tied up, or change part of the outfit but not the rest even if the final swap has the same/more cap.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
It's sometimes a pain in the rear end, but I just have it set to unassign E/M/R3 whenever I hit an outfit button, because gently caress it, I'm lazy.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

What good idle gamed are there for android?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Adventure Capitalist is a classic of the genre, maybe actually more influential than Cookie Clicker in terms of actual mechanics, with a very slick interface. Wizard and Minion Idle is inspired by NGU and proof seen to like it. There's a version of Realm Grinder but Realm Grinder fans seem to dislike it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Clickpocalypse II has been the only android idler I've enjoyed.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Roflex posted:

Just be careful with outfit swaps, since it doesn't swap everything simultaneously, and so the order may matter if different outfits have different weapons in those slots and it might not let you change because you have too much E/M/R3 tied up, or change part of the outfit but not the rest even if the final swap has the same/more cap.

You get a fairly noticeable warning if something went wrong with an outfit swap so just hit the button again.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ghostlight posted:

Clickpocalypse II has been the only android idler I've enjoyed.

This looks awesome thanks for the heads up :waycool:

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Is there still a Goon guild in Legends of Idleon? I just started playing it (late to the party, I know).

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Hmm, are there any incremental games on Steam worth picking up during the sale? Stone Story RPG is the only one I've been keeping my eye on, but it seems moderately pricey still.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

I want to say the only weird thing is if you get an equipment level bonus from throwing your money down the hole that the offhand slot wont get the bonus level.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

It was nice maxing out the bonus chest drop from the Exile in NGU (Blue Eyes Ultimate Chestplate) but I just finished the base West World set and the chest from that is basically a sidegrade to it (R3 Cap/Power and EM bars vs roughly identical R3 Power and Hack/Wish speed) and it feels a little weird that I've had two main set pieces that are just not very worthwhile because of this thing I farmed up... probably a couple of months ago? Maybe more? Like I'm not really sure why School Jersey even exists.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Heads-up: There is some weirdness with the new NGU Idle update. If you can, save your game before updating to the latest version. Otherwise, try to hold off for a little bit before updating.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

What kind of weirdness?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
My antivirus blocked the executable. False alarm.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
NGU

So last time I posted here I was working on the IDP set, and by just idling two weeks I was able to get strong enough to idle the area and get loot, and now have the full set at 100 and am working on greening everything. I greened the specials first and now am working P and then T. I'm also doing some more challenges because they are more active and fun than just waiting weeks for adventure number go up (and man, judging by last push it will need a month just to get near trying Godmother with active fights and I'm not good at active fights) and once I've boosted hacks and exp gain and daycare and maybe another no rebirth run, I'll push for Godmother.

I'm a little odd at this game because I'm away from my computer for 4 days out of the week so I'm not hitting the tree every day or doing daily rebirths. I really should get the mobile version (I play on Kong) just to hit the tree and iron pill every day.

edit: For Blind Challenges, is there a checklist cheat sheet somewhere?

Thanatosian posted:

Ngu Idle question, from Evil difficulty, around the 8th Titan:

I've just gotten the Typo Zonw gear, I have fourteen accessory slots, and I'm still using the Stapler for the respawn bonus; is that crazy? It feels like the bonus to perk point gain at a 12% respawn timer bonus is worth it, but maybe I'm overvaluing it...?

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Respawn is basically the best single stat in the game for PP farming (i.e. most of the adventuring you'll do), so no, not crazy at all.

Hmm... Looks like I should put that back in the drop category. I have it filtered out.

Should I max out stuff like Flubber or UUG's Special Ring?

pixaal posted:

Most mobile app idle games are pretty short and money grabby so we mostly don't talk about whatever god awful cash grab we are currently playing while watching netflix that we paid $10 to remove the ads on but all agree if you don't pay for the ads to be disabled and just get the reward the game isn't worth playing.

For actual app mobile games I most enjoyed Egg Inc which I think is still getting content based on how many ads I've been getting for it after not playing in over 2 years.
I put way too much money into AdVenture Communist to be healthy, and realized when I was playing and paying for it and AdVenture Eras at the same time I knew I had a problem and dropped both. AC I was over 110 at least.

I still play Egg Inc because being a whale in that game is spending 5 bucks every few months. I have all top trophies except Enlightenment Egg and with the new space program I know how much I have to grind to get a farm that has enough space for 10 billion hens: A lot. I carry most weekly events for others but I still run into groups where I'm not the top and I'm cool with that. I get 1 or 2 Eggs of Prophecy a week at this point.

I can talk way more about Egg Inc than NGU.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 27, 2021

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

CannonFodder posted:

Should I max out stuff like Flubber or UUG's Special Ring?

yep!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The completionist in me agrees. But why?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
The Flubber will be transformable at level 100, and the Seed Gain on the special ring will be useful until about Titan 11 v2 (when you max out all your ygg plants)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Spokes posted:

The Flubber will be transformable at level 100, and the Seed Gain on the special ring will be useful until about Titan 11 v2 (when you max out all your ygg plants)
Thanks Spokes.

Thokes.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

You should max every single item in NGU. They practically all provide some side bonus when they/their item set is fully maxxed.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Anything with Yggdrasil yield or seed gain I have hung onto forever. I may start ditching them if I ever have more than I have slots, but with the ability to do loadouts, until all my Yggdrasil fruits are totally maxed, they're going to be worthwhile, and even then I'll just ditch the seed gain and hang on to the Yggdrasil yield.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Welp the new NGU update is out

Normally been getting a notification from Discord but not this time.

What do i do with the end items? No matter where i place them it says i have put them in the wrong location.
How do i unlock the new feature?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

Normally been getting a notification from Discord but not this time.

What do i do with the end items? No matter where i place them it says i have put them in the wrong location.
How do i unlock the new feature?

Once you beat the last titan and get the final end item, you arrange them starting at slot 1x1 (even though they're auto-upgrade slots), then ctrl-click the bottom-right item.

No idea about the new feature because I finished the game immediately after the update, before my titan cooldowns cycled. I think it unlocks after you beat titan 10.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

The final item said something about placing it at the beginning so thats what i tried but i still get the error message.

The new feature is for players progressing on Titan10? I oneshot the traitor titan when i booted up the new update. I was expecting some more content in this update not just 2 new titans with 0 items, NGL.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

The final item said something about placing it at the beginning so thats what i tried but i still get the error message.

The new feature is for players progressing on Titan10? I oneshot the traitor titan when i booted up the new update. I was expecting some more content in this update not just 2 new titans with 0 items, NGL.

You arrange all of the end items so they make a coherent image then ctrl click the bottom right.

The new feature is for people still progressing, yes. If you were at end-game before, it's useless unless you need to buff adventure stats a bit more to beat the final titan. I didn't one shot it but I was able to manually kill it, so someone a bit behind me could probably have benefitted from the new feature.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 27, 2021

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Thanatosian posted:

Anything with Yggdrasil yield or seed gain I have hung onto forever. I may start ditching them if I ever have more than I have slots, but with the ability to do loadouts, until all my Yggdrasil fruits are totally maxed, they're going to be worthwhile, and even then I'll just ditch the seed gain and hang on to the Yggdrasil yield.

Now for a dumbass question because I have many: How do I set up loadouts? I have 3 loadout slots bought so far.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

CannonFodder posted:

Now for a dumbass question because I have many: How do I set up loadouts? I have 3 loadout slots bought so far.

Click the Loadouts button. Arrange your gear like you want for a given loadout in your main inventory screen, then click the Loadout slot you want to assign it to and then click "Assign Equipment to Loadout". To the left you'll see the equipment for the loadout you've currently got selected. In the text box, type the name you want to assign to the loadout and then shift-click the loadout slot you want to assign that name to.

Be sure to go to settings and select whether you want to unassign all E/M/R3 when changing Loadouts or simply not change out any gear that would lower a cap.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pope Guilty posted:

Click the Loadouts button. Arrange your gear like you want for a given loadout in your main inventory screen, then click the Loadout slot you want to assign it to and then click "Assign Equipment to Loadout". To the left you'll see the equipment for the loadout you've currently got selected. In the text box, type the name you want to assign to the loadout and then shift-click the loadout slot you want to assign that name to.

Be sure to go to settings and select whether you want to unassign all E/M/R3 when changing Loadouts or simply not change out any gear that would lower a cap.

Thanks.

Now I'm going through the builds page on the wiki and finding all the stuff I tossed long ago. Seed gain needs Candy Corn Necklace? Wanderer Rerednaw's Boots? Welp, I've got all the time I need to grind :)

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 27, 2021

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Ineptitude posted:

It's me, I'm one of 7 people who were playing on Kartridge and have to move to steam because it's borked. Just so the other 6 people don't get confused.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Jhet posted:

It's me, I'm one of 7 people who were playing on Kartridge and have to move to steam because it's borked. Just so the other 6 people don't get confused.

:smith::hf::smith: at least now i have an excuse to uninstall kartridge

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

oldskool posted:

:smith::hf::smith: at least now i have an excuse to uninstall kartridge

How did Kong gently caress up so much? They were the go to place for idle games.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

pixaal posted:

How did Kong gently caress up so much? They were the go to place for idle games.

They killed their own site after breaking off from GameStop. Selling to GameStop was a sell out move anyway and made things laggy garbage unless you use an ad blocker.

Then they killed the chats in most games and now there’s no reason to go waste time on their website.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

pixaal posted:

I mean, they made a bunch of bad choices, but Flash being killed off would have taken them down regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Goon Project time, Idle hub. Basically everything Kong did but entirely focus on idle games. Click here to download standalone version! Tie in some play time and your first day you played each game chat rooms meta idle game (the widget factory upgrade requires 12 platinum badges!).

This is probably entirely too much effort maybe Kong will sell us their stuff as a baseline software package we can hijack.

e:

Klungar posted:

I mean, they made a bunch of bad choices, but Flash being killed off would have taken them down regardless.

I think idle games are a small enough niche that a dedicated community with easy links is actually viable and was a pivot option open to them, Kart fit right in with that too