Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
this is one of the better meltdowns in a while. a little heavy on the Puppetmastering, but overall not bad.

I give it a solid 7/10. impressive, but not quite top tier yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

infernal machines posted:

whatever, i just don't want to have to be doing a bunch of police interviews when some very stable poster decides to live stream themselves shooting up a sunday mass

has anyone been interviewed from SA? Pretty sure that was just lowtax's lies

Do you get interviewed when idiots on facebook threaten people?

Fried Watermelon has issued a correction as of 21:02 on Jun 27, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
idk, i don't have a facebook account

how's 8chan doing these days?

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 21:07 on Jun 27, 2021

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
i'm okay with angry shitposting about canadian politics in the dedicated thread on the forums for angry shitposting about canadian politics

i don't expect critical nuanced engagement because a) it's loving sa and b) it's loving c-spam

it's nice when I get to have a good discussion but I'm sure not demanding it or using it as an excuse to tone police people reacting to finding out about the hundreds of dead children we keep discovering

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Buddy if you're worried about the tone police wait til you hear about the real police

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
well, pace yourselves. there's going to be a lot more if people keep looking.

over a century of institutionalized genocide will do that.

me, personally, i'm gettin' real frothy at any piece of poo poo with the gall to write an op-ed defending the residential school system.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Buddy if you're worried about the tone police wait til you hear about the real police

you mean the OTHER party that kept enabling genocide in canada yeah i know about them

jfc you are boring as poo poo

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I just really appreciate you being the thread's conscience. it's a thankless task but someone's gotta do it. and I understand it must be a heavy burden, so the stream of poo poo that accompanies your arduous work must just be the inevitable release after a tough job done well

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

lol at the dude whos scared that the oppressors of this country are somehow at risk because someone on the Something Awful forums is venting

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

pokeyman posted:

I just really appreciate you being the thread's conscience. it's a thankless task but someone's gotta do it. and I understand it must be a heavy burden, so the stream of poo poo that accompanies your arduous work must just be the inevitable release after a tough job done well

*Flintstones Pelican voice* "It's a living!"

Thank you, sincerely. I really do hate to keep coming in from the top rope like this but it seems like people are gearing up to do actual crimes and somebody has to say something ffs

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

dude probably gets extremely upset when queer people make jokes about keeping up the tradition of Stonewall by continuing to throw bricks at cops

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

gently caress me I havent seen this level of delusional self righteousness in a while.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:thejoke:

(but also, nobody else gives a poo poo about the crimes lol)

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

https://forgottengalicia.com/ukrainian-churches-in-the-canadian-prairies/

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Some questions for mods or really anyone:

1) is murder a crime in Canada
2) is arson a crime in Canada
3) is instructing someone to commit murder or arson a crime in Canada
4) in Canada, is the status of a crime impacted by it being consciously targeted against a person based on a distinctive or identifiable cultural, ethnic, or religious characteristic
5) how do you then spin that as fine and nothing to worry about

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Last week a loving fake English pub was the only thing you people could think about, and now posters are learning about our Indigenous Genocide for the first time and posting like they want the thread shut down for being a hotbed of reactionary violence.

Let's look at what's actually happening.

I'm the only one who proposed anything close to a meaningful, constructive action and nothing is more telling to an observer than the fact that this got zero uptake whatsoever in the thread. That tells me posters itt don't care about a solution. They care about being madder than the next guy, and in a way that is somehow more right. This isn't what we should be striving for as a thread or as a country.

As I've said, I honestly believe the credibility of the threats is doubtful and they might only be dangerous if OP had public influence or was a person who mattered/had any significance whatsoever. Kazinsal can sleep easy tonight knowing he's had as much impact on the world at large as he ever will and nobody is going to bother him for it.

And going back to the Kings Head- it bears reiterating I was the only one saying "maybe the $50,000 should go to a non-profit that actually helps people and things and actually needs it, instead of some private enterprise creature comfort selling $12 beers" and was told in no uncertain terms this is wrongthink and contrary to the consensus of the thread. Looking forward to hearing exactly how and why my support of Land Back is wrong :allears:
lol but also guoting so you can't delete this

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

4) in Canada, is the status of a crime impacted by it being consciously targeted against a person based on a distinctive or identifiable cultural, ethnic, or religious characteristic

You should arson your posting

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you're worse than the emails telus sends me about dowoading movies

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

linoleum floors posted:

lol but also guoting so you can't delete this

I mean yes, the poster in question has no balls and is too chicken to actually do anything (coward loser) but it's a crime regardless of my correct assertion

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

These posts should qualify as a murder

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Arivia posted:

it's nice when I get to have a good discussion but I'm sure not demanding it or using it as an excuse to tone police people reacting to finding out about the hundreds of dead children we keep discovering

they previously lamented that "bullies" will "never be held accountable" for encouraging people to get the AZ vaccine if it means they get it earlier than the alternatives

it leaves the impression that person just goes around looking for things to get offended by and demand "accountability" for

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

lmao this person's mindset is "I'm so appalled by someone griefposting about the catholic church's centuries-long genocide campaign that I'm going to goad them into committing acts of murder"

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Why did you narc to QCS about this? You kind of shot yourself in the foot doing that.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Pamela Springstein posted:

you're worse than the emails telus sends me about dowoading movies

at least telus has the excuse of being encouraged to send them by rich hollywood studios.

Tommy here probably got beat up a lot in school for tattling

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Kazinsal posted:

lmao this person's mindset is "I'm so appalled by someone griefposting about the catholic church's centuries-long genocide campaign that I'm going to goad them into committing acts of murder"

Why the 3rd person narrative

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Reminds me of when they had a cop posting on r/winnipeg, wonder what kind of org this guys from

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Entorwellian posted:

Why did you narc to QCS about this? You kind of shot yourself in the foot doing that.

their goal is to be able to check off entries in their posting_enemies.xlsx, not actually commit any meaningful change

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

:thejoke:

(but also, nobody else gives a poo poo about the crimes lol)

Roll with dem, not sure if this is building the meltdown or if its simmering down from puppet master I gotta get my chart out sec

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

Roll with dem, not sure if this is building the meltdown or if its simmering down from puppet master I gotta get my chart out sec

He's saying "lol" a lot, so I'm putting my money down on puppet master

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Im supporting another genocide by not quoting that guys posts

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

i think anyone who looks at your posts and think they're actually real direct action calls to criming outside minecraft needs to take a break from ironyposting, like our narc here

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Mamma-mia! That's-a-spicy 25 year sentence for homicide! Yeah what a hilarious reax, definitely a post that needed to exist

All they need to do is admit they lack any conviction to actually follow through on their bullshit jerkoff revenge fantasy :o:

why don't you care this much about mass graves full of children. You seem to have missed the important issue here. focus your energy on that

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Arivia posted:

i think anyone who looks at your posts and think they're actually real direct action calls to criming outside minecraft needs to take a break from ironyposting, like our narc here

tbh I'm glad the folks here (and apparently in QCS, which actually amazes me) don't think I'm actually some kind of maniacal arsonist

waking up to seeing that the local wannabe internet cop and catholicism defender actually went to QCS overnight to complain about my posts was kind of funny though. of *course* the first time someone actually gives a poo poo about something I post on this website after almost a decade is because they're narcing about my C-SPAM posts in QCS, why wouldn't it be

e: the local wannabe internet cop and catholicism defender is going to take this as an admission of guilt, of course, lol

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It rules, this will assuredly be filed under "reasons why CSPAM should be kept open indefinitely" hence letting the no-punishment play out

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think I've posted here like twice but let me be another in the chorus telling you to SHUT THE gently caress UP

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Tommy you loving suck.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

It rules, this will assuredly be filed under "reasons why CSPAM should be kept open indefinitely" hence letting the no-punishment play out

also: gently caress off

Entorwellian has issued a correction as of 22:14 on Jun 27, 2021

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Residential schools were legal in Canada so when you think about it, the progressives were the real baddies. Ipso facto bingo bongo

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.
Poking in from lurking to say gently caress off tommy no one cares. tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

CSPAM should be kept open indefinitely

i completely agree