Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Tommy you're a bitch gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It doesn't matter whether it's me or anyone else who's actually putting it into words- by letting Kazinsal skate, you acknowledge that this is a forum where it's acceptable to explicitly call for a hate crime- I for one do not find that acceptable. I'm not even sorry if I'm the only one but that's just where I stand. I'm disappointed but ultimately not surprised.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
loving leave

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
CSPAM = Canadian Simpletons Preparing Arson, Murder

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Tommy do you find that cross you are on itchy at all?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I am just asking. I find wood on bare skin irritating. Maybe I moisturize too much.

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.
keep going tommy i'm almost there

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

It doesn't matter whether it's me or anyone else who's actually putting it into words- by letting Kazinsal skate, you acknowledge that this is a forum where it's acceptable to explicitly call for a hate crime- I for one do not find that acceptable. I'm not even sorry if I'm the only one but that's just where I stand. I'm disappointed but ultimately not surprised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27FP5pCZLuE

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Then loving leave, narc.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hug a priest, high five a nun, douse a church in holy water to anoint it in the name of the LORD

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Kazinsal posted:

hug a priest, high five a nun, douse a church in holy water to anoint it in the name of the LORD

Is it truly so hard to want to heal instead of to hurt?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
take a break

Tommy don't post here again. you suck.

RealityWarCriminal has issued a correction as of 01:25 on Jun 28, 2021

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Apropos of nothing:

https://twitter.com/MikeKofiA/status/1408629112227385353

Boilerplate: Nothing in this post is meant to advocate in whole or in part discrimination or violence against Catholic people or to shift blame from the Canadian government, English crown, etc. for centuries of injustice.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
42 in Vancouver tomorrow :rip:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Pamela Springstein posted:

42 in Vancouver tomorrow :rip:

It fucken sucks. It's even worse on the east side of the Fraser because it's always a degree or two hotter than in Vancouver or Burnaby. Weather app on my phone is saying it's 41 at the Abbotsford Airport weather station right now and will be 44 tomorrow. :ohno:

e: holy poo poo 46 in the 'wack tomorrow

Kazinsal has issued a correction as of 02:08 on Jun 28, 2021

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
40 in Kelowna feels like 42, it’s like 6 or 7 more days of this

at work I feel bad for our field guys I work in construction but in an office it’s going to be like 60C tomorrow on sites I’m trying to get them to be able to leave by noon and full pay

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The assertion that asking ITT about the process of getting yards scanned with ground penetrating radar was "doing something maaan" I, and presumable many others, found pretty oblivious. The results we are getting now are from studies started years ago, and the PM has already said the cash is there to support First Nations to explore other places. I mean, they already know where the graves likely are. Time to start listening to them and let them run this investigation. Reconciliation means restoring true sovereignty and agency, and walking together on our hopefully parallel paths in the future.

However, in a positive light, there is a petition to make this process more formal should anyone wish to add their names to a list and feel like they are doing more than posting angry on the web: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Sign/e-3484?fbclid=IwAR0O11Hbgp93r0nLO7Z0MgE79n6fp2gIcmEh92_ylwdsjPQtj-pP8DEvAvI

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Kazinsal posted:

It fucken sucks. It's even worse on the east side of the Fraser because it's always a degree or two hotter than in Vancouver or Burnaby. Weather app on my phone is saying it's 41 at the Abbotsford Airport weather station right now and will be 44 tomorrow. :ohno:

e: holy poo poo 46 in the 'wack tomorrow

Go for the record! (just set today, like 46.5 iirc)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

Go for the record! (just set today, like 46.5 iirc)

god is dead and so are we

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Its gonna loving suck if the heat dome bullshit happens out here I'm gonna just sleep in my basement and only go outside at night I guess.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
dear god I hope the electrical grid holds up cause if I lose my AC I might go mad.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe Yellowstone can do us all a favour and erupt. Some will be lucky enough to be exploded, the rest will get a nice cool summer from all the ash blocking out the sun

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Maybe Yellowstone can do us all a favour and erupt. Some will be lucky enough to be exploded, the rest will get a nice cool summer from all the ash blocking out the sun

Inshallah

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

with our luck that'll just insulate the planet further and drive temps up long enough to fry every electrical grid on the planet and send us back to the victorian era, and that would actually suck pretty hard

(anarchoprimitivism is a lovely and inherently ableist and transphobic philosophy)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Kazinsal posted:

with our luck that'll just insulate the planet further and drive temps up long enough to fry every electrical grid on the planet and send us back to the victorian era, and that would actually suck pretty hard

Sorry whales, you had a break there for a while but we need street lights and corsets again

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

(anarchoprimitivism is a lovely and inherently ableist and transphobic philosophy)

I think the science says that big eruptions tend to cause ice ages and the like, but yeah, it would probably troll us and make the entire planet twenty degrees hotter for a century or two.

Anarchoprimitivists are probably the only people on the planet who are stupider than libertarians.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Bilirubin posted:

However, in a positive light, there is a petition to make this process more formal should anyone wish to add their names to a list and feel like they are doing more than posting angry on the web: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Sign/e-3484?fbclid=IwAR0O11Hbgp93r0nLO7Z0MgE79n6fp2gIcmEh92_ylwdsjPQtj-pP8DEvAvI

Excellent suggestion and I'm glad to be hearing something rational like it for the first time itt- everyone, pay attention: instead of murdering someone, go to this website.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

monkey paw curls, canada is once again one giant glacier.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
can non Canadians post here i live right next door.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Excellent suggestion and I'm glad to be hearing something rational like it for the first time itt- everyone, pay attention: instead of murdering someone, go to this website.

im putting you under citizens probation, no posting for 6 hours

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Tighclops posted:

Tommy you're a bitch gently caress off

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Radirot posted:

Don't wear your shoes in the house!

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Radirot posted:

as long as we can trade tommy for you

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
Hey lurker #2 over here; jeez how can anyone be so oblivious to the context of the situation.
Switching between being outraged about supporting violent action and being condescending that the posters aren't really going to do it must be exhausting.
Or thats just pre / post orgasm

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Every time this thread gains 80 posts it's just this loving rear end in a top hat. gently caress off narc

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

BGrifter posted:

dear god I hope the electrical grid holds up cause if I lose my AC I might go mad.

im pretty sure if my power goes out for longer than a few hours im gonna get heatstroke and maybe die

i spent part of this afternoon taping those reflective emergency blankets to the windows to try to keep the heat out and it dropped the temp a few degrees but if my a/c goes out hoo boy am I ever hosed even with my tin foil window covers

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

blatman posted:

im pretty sure if my power goes out for longer than a few hours im gonna get heatstroke and maybe die

i spent part of this afternoon taping those reflective emergency blankets to the windows to try to keep the heat out and it dropped the temp a few degrees but if my a/c goes out hoo boy am I ever hosed even with my tin foil window covers

OMG its finally 27 open up all the windows and let that cool air in!

A thing I, a Calgarian, just said a few minutes ago

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Time to start hoarding batteries, I'm sure a handful of car batteries could run an AC unit for a few hours during a brown-out

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

You want deep cycle batteries/marine batteries, they're meant to be fully discharged and recharged regularly whereas normal car batteries will eat poo poo faster and will stop providing their full voltage quicker than deep cycles will. Deep cycle batteries are used to run traffic lights at major intersections during power outages for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

You want deep cycle batteries/marine batteries, they're meant to be fully discharged and recharged regularly whereas normal car batteries will eat poo poo faster and will stop providing their full voltage quicker than deep cycles will. Deep cycle batteries are used to run traffic lights at major intersections during power outages for example.

Yeah but I can't steal those from my lovely neighbour's toyota