Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Tighclops posted:

I was balls deep into ufo lore and poo poo when I was a kid in the 90's and what's coming out now is really no more convincing than what we already "knew" back then

The government had never officially confirmed that UFOs were real, back then

Now multiple world governments have done that. We also now have confirmed US government UFO footage, that was released to the public. That's a pretty big difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Communist Thoughts posted:

thats the annoying thing, i dont even think aliens or alien ufos are impossible. aliens are almost a certainty somewhere.

i came into the thread thinking we were about to get a reveal about aliens from all the chatter in here and i could get a job as a xenophysiotherapist.

There's a chance that there's alien life in our own solar system under the ice of some of the outer planets' moons, I mean if there were an intelligent species with say, primitive radio tech living on the bottom of Europa's oceans, would we have any idea right now? I don't think so.

Rah! posted:

The government had never officially confirmed that UFOs were real, back then

Now multiple world governments have done that. We also now have confirmed US government UFO footage, that was released to the public. That's a pretty big difference.

I can remember this happening before with footage from the US and mexican armed forces showing up on loving FOX tv specials in the mid 90's.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I just think it's a bit funny and also strange that people are clinging to 1950s propaganda as if it is somehow inherently more valid than modern reports from France, Canada, China, Russia, and the US saying this poo poo is real

But what do I know

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Tighclops posted:

lmao right that's why the threads about it are filled with people insisting that anybody skeptical is nuts and that THEYRE HERRRE don't you UNDERSTAND??@ this just has no effect on anybody lol

all the information that's been released is juuuuust enough to fire the imagination but not enough to really confirm anything if you pay close attention, yeah maybe it's a slow-roll disclosure of The Truth or maybe they're just bullshit artists for gently caress's sake
lol, actually the constant trend is this thread is shitposting, childish playful curiosity and posting about them aliens. And the only thought-policing is literally the occasional grognard dropping into the thread to say things like 'you shouldn't post about aliens' or 'anybody who posits about aliens, even in a fun way, is nuts and shouldn't ever be thinking about aliens'. I mean, I could pull up quotes but I did that for a while and it just started to feel sad. Again, the only people insisting in this thread are people literally saying you shouldn't want aliens to exist and talking, thinking or wondering about aliens is really bad and should never be done. Like, let's ignore the entire field of exobiology and such then jeepers creepers, smile ever so often.

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

lol @ WELL ACKSHUALLY crew. I feel bad that you'll never experience higher plane vibration smdh

Made the trek down to UNARIUS yesterday with the lady and it owned. She surprised me with some valuable research material before we left.

I don't think we ever found out what this meant lmao

We got a guided tour and were allowed to ask questions of David, head curator of Unarius and also a reincarnation of Da Vinci. He was very nice and excited to be able to talk about Unarius lore, though sadly didn't seem interested in home girl's long exposure cigar shot when we told him about it :(

Pictured: a bird

Smooth Tesla and Papyrus is a powerful combo.

Pictured: birds nesting.

Other key takeaways:

• Abraham Lincoln came from the planet of presidents but was assassinated. The universal higher intelligence reincarnated him as JFK and then welp lmao

• All "asiatic races" (😬) are actually human Martian hybrids because the Martians had achieved the Christconsciousness™ and refused to slaughter the primitives when they encountered them on a very young earth. Apparently choosing to impregnate them instead.

• Hitler isn't ready to be reincarnated because his vibes are very bad so he's stuck in the primordial timeout energy soup until he's ready to play nice and then maybe he gets another shot idk

• Many people don't realize that Einstein actually had a working unified field theory but destroyed it because he knew humanity would weaponize it immediately. When I asked if this had anything to do with a quantum theory of gravity I was told no, it actually has to do with the infinite energy wells that are created by the vortexes that power stars (?)

• The entire confederation of planets is waiting for Earth to reach its highest vibrational potential and then we'll be invited to join the other 32 planets that already have. Some of them are non-physical or extra dimensional tho so idk if there's like a Galactic transdimensional version of the UN or some poo poo. The craft we see are the Space Brothers visiting us and attempting to disable our WMDs so that we make it to this point.

• Everyone on the west coast has a natural interest in metaphysics because we all live in the remnants of the Lumerian empire and are naturally attuned to the weird lmao

Snagged a dope rear end Space Brothers pin that signals to the higher universal intelligence I am ready to make contact with entities of pure light YOU HEAR .E SPACE BROTHERS I AM READY

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Tighclops posted:

I can remember this happening before with footage from the US and mexican armed forces showing up on loving FOX tv specials in the mid 90's.

In the mid 90s, multiple US military UFO videos were released and then the navy and pentagon confirmed that they were real, and there were articles in the new york times about it, and then the pentagon released an official report saying UFOs are real, and then briefed congress on it?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I think the baseline for "believers" in this thread is "something is zipping around doing poo poo we can't, the US admitted that specific something was real, and other things matching its description have been reported worldwide for 70+ years"

Seems pretty reasonable to me :shrug:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

WEH posted:

I think the baseline for "believers" in this thread is "something is zipping around doing poo poo we can't, the US admitted that specific something was real, and other things matching its description have been reported worldwide for 70+ years"

Everything is already known that can be known

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Objurium posted:

lol @ WELL ACKSHUALLY crew. I feel bad that you'll never experience higher plane vibration smdh

Made the trek down to UNARIUS yesterday with the lady and it owned. She surprised me with some valuable research material before we left.

Snagged a dope rear end Space Brothers pin that signals to the higher universal intelligence I am ready to make contact with entities of pure light YOU HEAR .E SPACE BROTHERS I AM READY

Lol that rules

also good dog

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

WEH posted:

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

WEH posted:

Yeah that's pretty much it

only the "something" should read "birds"

very strange birds

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
I wish Carl Sagan was still around so he could tell people afraid of UFOs to stfu.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Zisky posted:

I wish Carl Sagan was still around so he could tell people afraid of UFOs to stfu.

sounds like a job for the new carl

:smugdon:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

don’t you think Aliens would rather drive than fly ?

have there been any UDOs?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

euphronius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpf_3hoCofs

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

euphronius posted:

I see one once! But it turned out to be a Lada

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

obviously a subculture of you guys who can't be convinced its not UFOs

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

euphronius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81UM5sdeWP8

:catdrugs:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

thats the annoying thing, i dont even think aliens or alien ufos are impossible. aliens are almost a certainty somewhere.

i came into the thread thinking we were about to get a reveal about aliens from all the chatter in here and i could get a job as a xenophysiotherapist.

ill be real for a second and say that i doubt anyone here actually thought the government was gonna come out and say that it's def aliens, despite a lot of shitposting to that effect

i don't know if there's anything like thread consensus, but i don't think im out of line to say that most folks here think that the official change in government position from "all UFO sightings can be explained, we just don't care enough to investigate them all to find out exactly what each case is" to "some UFO sightings represent something that we cannot explain" is interesting

i don't think anyone in here trusts the government, this is CSPAM after all, but the shift is interesting specifically because there doesn't seem to be a good reason for what they're doing

all the usual suspects are going out of their way to avoid putting blame on china or russia or any other geopolitical adversary, so it doesn't look like this is some attempt to get an even blanker check than congress already gives them

personally, i think there's a game being run by some collection of 3 letter agencies, but ill be damned if i can tell what. so in the meantime it's more fun to shitpost about aliens being real and our friends and definitely here to usher in a new era of fully automated luxury space communism

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

WEH posted:

that was where i started out, but after seeing the video evidence and reading the report i'm not there anymore. i don't even think they've caught any classified fun drones or anything which was my original thought.

(ignoring for now the amazing evidence we're promised) some enthusiastic lads in the navy released 3 grainy videos of UFOs that have straightforward mundane explanations, whether you beleive them or not.
the physics breaking exciting features are easily explained as relative movement between the plane and UFO or changing camera angles like in the nimitz vid. those explanations could still be false, the flying goose vid could be a goose sized spaceship and we'd be none the wiser, but they do exist and theyr compelling.

the UAP report itself is very focussed on the mundane, and imo it all depends on those 18 vids with the unusual charcteristics.
if they would classify the nimitz vid for example as evidence of unusual movement and the other 18 vids are similarly just ones that hadnt been expertly inspected (which they themselves say is likely) then its all just birds, planes and balloons.
if they actually do have loads of really convincing footage they just cant show us yet and those 18 are all 4k videos of UFO dogfights then sure.

but the point is the physics breaking unexplainable abilities arent even a given yet.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

What is it with all the no fun pedantic poo poo heads ruining all my favorite cspam threads lately? Better set up a q&a with the admins

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

this thread has some of the best vibes on the forum, just shooting the poo poo about ayy lmaos and speculating in a manner which was the reason drugs were invented in the first place

leave the pro-bird psyop propaganda at the door along with your shoes

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WolfTiyqTo

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

my opinion changes every day or two but atm i think the UAP body are just a boring underfunded department who havent even begun to do any work yet

while elizo or whatever is running some kind of op or is just a ufo true beleiver himself and also sees birds as alien spaceships instead of vice versa

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think it’s possible they could be slow walking aliens

I don’t think “aliens !!” would change anything . but on the other hand why release alien info at all. it’s a mystery .

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

that was where i started out, but after seeing the video evidence and reading the report i'm not there anymore. i don't even think they've caught any classified fun drones or anything which was my original thought.

(ignoring for now the amazing evidence we're promised) some enthusiastic lads in the navy released 3 grainy videos of UFOs that have straightforward mundane explanations, whether you beleive them or not.
the physics breaking exciting features are easily explained as relative movement between the plane and UFO or changing camera angles like in the nimitz vid. those explanations could still be false, the flying goose vid could be a goose sized spaceship and we'd be none the wiser, but they do exist and theyr compelling.

the UAP report itself is very focussed on the mundane, and imo it all depends on those 18 vids with the unusual charcteristics.
if they would classify the nimitz vid for example as evidence of unusual movement and the other 18 vids are similarly just ones that hadnt been expertly inspected (which they themselves say is likely) then its all just birds, planes and balloons.
if they actually do have loads of really convincing footage they just cant show us yet and those 18 are all 4k videos of UFO dogfights then sure.

but the point is the physics breaking unexplainable abilities arent even a given yet.
gonna continue being real for a second, sorry folks. the stuff the government is putting out is really weak, but that really isn't why anyone here would ever think that UFOs are anything other than drones

where things get really interesting is to look at the phenomenon in totality, if not back further then at least from 1947 and the Kenneth Arnold sighting onwards. what that reveals is highly credible witness after highly credible witness describing basically what the government officially acknowledged to exist but going back decades

the drone explanation holds up, at least theoretically, for a lot of the recent sightings, but does not hold up well at all the further back you go

engaging with UFOs just on the government's terms, with super recent sightings, is an absolute red herring. take a look at some historical cases and join us in shitposting while we all watch this play out

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ok but Greys are totally fake . or real but not Aliens

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

ok but Greys are totally fake . or real but not Aliens

yeah duh they're machines the aliens make to interact with us

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Azathoth posted:

Can we get a taco that poops ice cream instead?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Azathoth posted:

machines the aliens make to interact with us

aliens here so what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3KWM1kuAw

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Azathoth posted:

that .. totally makes sense ??

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

here CT I'll meet ya halfway and repost a cool case from 1994 from way upthread where "cylindrical objects" act a lot like the tic tacs supposedly do

WEH posted:

Just heard of this sighting by way of the same meteorologist doing an interview with Podcast UFO and it's pretty fuckin spooky. The article kinda glosses over it but the craft formed a triangle that specifically pointed back at the radar station, which spooked the poo poo out of the guy because he wondered initially if they were military and if they were about to shoot a radar seeking missile at him. An officer on the ground saw them do this maneuver at the same time he did. Also they retreated to the only unfrozen area of lake michigan lmao

Theres a youtube vid that compiles a couple(?) 911 calls, including him reacting to what he's seeing on the radar screen. His call (well, they called him) starts at 6:06.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYawV4ui53A&t=366s

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Azathoth posted:

gonna continue being real for a second, sorry folks. the stuff the government is putting out is really weak, but that really isn't why anyone here would ever think that UFOs are anything other than drones

where things get really interesting is to look at the phenomenon in totality, if not back further then at least from 1947 and the Kenneth Arnold sighting onwards. what that reveals is highly credible witness after highly credible witness describing basically what the government officially acknowledged to exist but going back decades

the drone explanation holds up, at least theoretically, for a lot of the recent sightings, but does not hold up well at all the further back you go

engaging with UFOs just on the government's terms, with super recent sightings, is an absolute red herring. take a look at some historical cases and join us in shitposting while we all watch this play out

this is where you lose me tbh. thats just saying to ignore the material evidence and go back and read old anecdotal evidence

i do agree drones don't explain all the UFO testimony its just why take the testimony at face value without evidence, just coz of its volume?

if the answer its because its fun thats fine, i agree

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the Greys being some kind of in between representation to not cause revolt from the humans does make a lot of sense

gently caress

Zisky
May 6, 2003

WEH posted:

here CT I'll meet ya halfway and repost a cool case from 1994 from way upthread where "cylindrical objects" act a lot like the tic tacs supposedly do

quote:

This coincidentally was an area of open water on Lake Michigan in a year where the lake was almost entirely covered in ice.

Hmmm. Do you have the link to the podcast? This is one of the spookier cases.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

euphronius posted:

the Greys being some kind of in between representation to not cause revolt from the humans does make a lot of sense

gently caress

I am all bought in on AI singularity drones trying to make contact

Or trickster gods using us as entertainment

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

WEH posted:

lol sorry everyone i realised why ive been so single mindedly pedantic itt, forgot i ate an edible

im gonna watch this vid while peaking and get spooked thanks WEH

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

that .. totally makes sense ??

it's definitely not my theory. there's a lot of stories from experiencers where they behave in robotic or quasi-mechanical fashion, and i know that there's a whole mythos from a few experiencers which says that they're a semi-sentient biomechanical worker caste

Zisky
May 6, 2003

lol sorry everyone i realised why ive been so single mindedly pedantic itt, forgot i ate an edible

Oh fuckin enjoy my man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Zisky posted:

Hmmm. Do you have the link to the podcast? This is one of the spookier cases.

https://blubrry.com/podcast_ufo/77629523/456-jack-bushong-ian-rogers/

cheers :tipshat: