Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Going back on the road with Hangman/Kenny as your main event angle feels like a no-brainer to me. I dunno why you'd put it off any longer; Hangman actively ducking Kenny would be a hard storyline to pull off with a guy crowds are dying to get behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

xbilkis posted:

I just wanted to laugh at Jericho for being a baby who's keeping mental receipts over gif usage but instead I got sucked into arguing with people saying "Chris Jericho is right, there's no humor to be found in the very funny looking spot that people made a gigantic deal of at the time"

was it really that funny? crash pads are obviously used in wwe all the time.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Going back on the road with Hangman/Kenny as your main event angle feels like a no-brainer to me. I dunno why you'd put it off any longer; Hangman actively ducking Kenny would be a hard storyline to pull off with a guy crowds are dying to get behind

They can afford to put it off a little longer. There's still plenty of feuds left for Kenny.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I was worried the AEW thread wouldn’t get to its usual levels of insanity this week because it’s only three days until the next show but you guys pulled through.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

hey, remember less than a day ago when there was a really good Dynamite and we weren't arguing about Jericho?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It is very funny that people would claim someone on the television show NXT is very popular.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

for the record the Jericho spot was not bad at all and I feel similarly about people making GBS threads on it as I do people making GBS threads on the death match because the post match was bad when the match itself was amazing. I just think trying to blacklist people from the wrestling business for petty reasons is lovely and childish, but i'm not going to stop watching Jericho, who I don't care for, or Will Ospreay, whose work I enjoy for either reason.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

for the record the Jericho spot was not bad at all and I feel similarly about people making GBS threads on it as I do people making GBS threads on the death match because the post match was bad when the match itself was amazing. I just think trying to blacklist people from the wrestling business for petty reasons is lovely and childish, but i'm not going to stop watching Jericho, who I don't care for, or Will Ospreay, whose work I enjoy for either reason.

Please, keep us up to date on your opinion on all of the spots and who you are and aren't going to watch.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

It is very funny that people would claim someone on the television show NXT is very popular.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I'm glad that aew is now powerful enough that being blacklisted from the singular company would equal being blacklisted from The Wrestling Business

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I know these situations arent completely the same. in the case of shotzi and shayna they are punching up (way up). but when jim cornette does this same sort of poo poo, making fun of indie and death match guys doing something dangerous that doesn't end up looking great, everyone gets in on making GBS threads on him pretty unanimously, and deservedly so even if the bump was dumb.

this isn't some bullshit throwing a tantrum because someone didnt shake your hand. its making fun of someone taking a dangerous as hell bump.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Is it at all weird for any of you to be arguing about wrestling companies now that you're all grown up and it's not the Attitude Era anymore?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

hes not trying to black list them from the wrestling industry he is just saying he isn't going to let them in the same company he is in.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I liked the Christian/JB segment.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Pylons posted:

They can afford to put it off a little longer. There's still plenty of feuds left for Kenny.

Oh yeah I think there's juice left in Omega's reign if they wanna hold off on a title change. I just think that if you don't want to put the belt on Hangman now, it'd still be the most natural (and compelling!) story to have him challenge and lose at All Out

The alternatives are

1) He loses again to fall out of the No. 1 spot, which is fine but just extends a holding pattern Hangman has been in for months
2) He actively avoids challenging Kenny, which is not a good look for your top young babyface. (Plus, if you have him go for the TNT title instead, you're still dealing with the dilemma of 'Do we take the belt off a red-hot top guy, or do we have Hangman lose?', without any of the backstory benefits of doing the same thing with the AEW title)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ringo Roadagain posted:

you could see the construction from the initial hype shots. They should have painted a circle on it to really bring it home. Plus Jericho and MJF totally weenied the spot. But Jericho hosed up his arm(allegedly) so that's pretty funny too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pylons posted:

But what do they do with Hangman?

I think right now he's at a place where it's either have him go for the title or risk missing the moment with him. I'm not sure that shuffling him off to another feud will do anything to help him.

It seems pretty likely that Kenny and Christian will happen next, but I think you definitely run Kenny vs. Hangman at All Out.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hangman's going to challenge soon and lose. Kenny then continues doing a run of dream matches, maybe picks up another belt, and then loses to Hangman in the 3rd match of their AEW trilogy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So what's the timetable on Ricky Starks, cause he's obviously not taking bumps, but he's gettin' decently physical out there for a guy with a neck injury.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Oh yeah I think there's juice left in Omega's reign if they wanna hold off on a title change. I just think that if you don't want to put the belt on Hangman now, it'd still be the most natural (and compelling!) story to have him challenge and lose at All Out

The alternatives are

1) He loses again to fall out of the No. 1 spot, which is fine but just extends a holding pattern Hangman has been in for months
2) He actively avoids challenging Kenny, which is not a good look for your top young babyface. (Plus, if you have him go for the TNT title instead, you're still dealing with the dilemma of 'Do we take the belt off a red-hot top guy, or do we have Hangman lose?', without any of the backstory benefits of doing the same thing with the AEW title)

Injury angle, maybe? Give someone some good heat, have someone from the Dark Order joining Kingston's Alliance to try (and fail) to avenge Hangman.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

me and yea ok both entered the code on the first page and it didn't work, gently caress this jade is the biggest heel in the company now

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Pylons posted:

Injury angle, maybe? Give someone some good heat, have someone from the Dark Order joining Kingston's Alliance to try (and fail) to avenge Hangman.

Yeah I guess there are plenty of ways to avoid it and it'll be fine in the long run; I just think the timing is right to go for it. Hangman/Kenny is a very PANDEMIC ERA IS OVER, WE'RE BACK BABY story to run with, especially if it's with an Elite v. Everybody civil war thing happening in the background.

If you do Christian/Omega at Fyter Fest you have nearly two months to build to All Out, really dig into the Hangman/Omega/Elite backstory. It feels like they haven't done a title match with that level of high-stakes build since before the pandemic, when Moxley or Cody taking on the Inner Circle felt like a gigantic deal every week

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

coconono posted:

you could see the construction from the initial hype shots. They should have painted a circle on it to really bring it home. Plus Jericho and MJF totally weenied the spot. But Jericho hosed up his arm(allegedly) so that's pretty funny too.

like I said I know it was totally obvious. I mean why the gently caress would their be this weird box in the middle of the ramp? but crash pad poo poo is pretty much always obvious. there is always some big box that seems out of place and is covered in a black sheet. really the thing to make fun of isn't the bump but how they tried to make the whole thing look like it was covered in diamond plate

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Got tickets to the 8/11 dynamite and to the first ever episode of Rampage. pretty jazzed to see what these cards end up looking like

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Also I saw someone mention this look on Hangman's face after his match last night and it's loving perfect.

https://imgur.com/a/gdBOJfl

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
You know, I thought I'd get tired of Alex translating for Penta....I have not. Maybe it's because Alex is clearly having a lot of fun, maybe it's because of chemistry, but it sure as hell works.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Every time a brainwormed wrestling person say something negative about a wrestling thing I like I'd think about decorum and how in the other fed people would totally be angry about the thing.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

You know, I thought I'd get tired of Alex translating for Penta....I have not. Maybe it's because Alex is clearly having a lot of fun, maybe it's because of chemistry, but it sure as hell works.

They’re not overusing it, especially now that Penta is paired with Kingston who is taking on most of the mic work. He’s just there as a punctuation which is prefect for group/tag stuff.

Save longer promos with Alex for when Penta is doing solo work.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

xbilkis posted:

Shotzi has responded in the correct way

Shotzi was always good

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

Also I saw someone mention this look on Hangman's face after his match last night and it's loving perfect.

I love how reluctant and nervous he is about facing Kenny and possibly failing at winning the big one again. Hangman fuckin rules.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

shotzi's cool :shrug:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't know much about her but if they release her I'm still going to say SHOTZ FIRED

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So who do you think beats the Bucks? The Lucha Bros, or PnP?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the butcher and the blade

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

It was funny but only about .25 exploding barbed wire deathmatch explosions worth of funny.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Pylons posted:

it's very good

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Pylons posted:

I kinda worry for Kenny, I think he may need some R&R pretty badly to avoid an early retirement. Like there's lots of narratives that would be fun but he seems to be tearing himself apart out there.

MJeff posted:

So what's the timetable on Ricky Starks, cause he's obviously not taking bumps, but he's gettin' decently physical out there for a guy with a neck injury.

I believe we were talking 3 months minimum when it happened. Which seems astoundingly short, but he did both finish the match and tweeted "i'm fine guys, I do yoga" afterwards before finding out he'd fractured it so maybe it's the nice sort of broken neck.

Pylons posted:

if you add a ".mp4" to the end it appears inline. I had to scour smarxist's posts to find that out.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Coaaab posted:

it's very good

Lol I'm actually really worried about how much of his reaction was kayfabe long-form Kenny feud storytelling and how much of it was him being super banged up by his shoot injury.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So who do you think beats the Bucks? The Lucha Bros, or PnP?

wildcard guess? The Dark Order.

Hangman avoids going for the belt or taking a stand with Kingston's guys against the Elite. The Dark Order get one of those "win and you get a shot and actually do win and shock the Bucks by getting the belts." The Elite decimate the Dark Order in response, brutal poo poo. Hangman is finally inspired to stand up for his friends and to take the chance at winning like they did.

I dunno if I believe that but the thought crossed my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hangman's going to challenge soon and lose. Kenny then continues doing a run of dream matches, maybe picks up another belt, and then loses to Hangman in the 3rd match of their AEW trilogy.

I think he's going to challenge Miro instead (and lose.) They keep having him duck questions when asked about Kenny.

And then he gets his life together and challenges Kenny at All Out or in NYC.