Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Communist Thoughts posted:

that was where i started out, but after seeing the video evidence and reading the report i'm not there anymore. i don't even think they've caught any classified fun drones or anything which was my original thought.

(ignoring for now the amazing evidence we're promised) some enthusiastic lads in the navy released 3 grainy videos of UFOs that have straightforward mundane explanations, whether you beleive them or not.
the physics breaking exciting features are easily explained as relative movement between the plane and UFO or changing camera angles like in the nimitz vid. those explanations could still be false, the flying goose vid could be a goose sized spaceship and we'd be none the wiser, but they do exist and theyr compelling.

the UAP report itself is very focussed on the mundane, and imo it all depends on those 18 vids with the unusual charcteristics.
if they would classify the nimitz vid for example as evidence of unusual movement and the other 18 vids are similarly just ones that hadnt been expertly inspected (which they themselves say is likely) then its all just birds, planes and balloons.
if they actually do have loads of really convincing footage they just cant show us yet and those 18 are all 4k videos of UFO dogfights then sure.

but the point is the physics breaking unexplainable abilities arent even a given yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The reason the US doesn't want to admit aliens are real is because they are space communists and they refuse to treat the US as the de facto rulers of the world.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

unindentified walking object

https://i.imgur.com/aQR2d5v.mp4

:tinfoil:

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
This Hangar 1 episode on recovered alien bodies is pretty hokey.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Zisky posted:

This Hangar 1 episode on recovered alien bodies is pretty hokey.

Coincidentally heard about that for the first time today. Worth checking out?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

this is where you lose me tbh. thats just saying to ignore the material evidence and go back and read old anecdotal evidence

i do agree drones don't explain all the UFO testimony its just why take the testimony at face value without evidence, just coz of its volume?

if the answer its because its fun thats fine, i agree

i think i need clarification on what you mean by ignoring the material evidence. im not suggesting that you don't look at what the government is releasing

as for older witness testimony, some of why I find it compelling rests on the sheer volume yes, but that isn't the whole story. it's the cases that have multiple independent sources of corroboration, from witnesses who not only have no reason to lie, but who have a lot to lose by coming forward, but who do so anyway

at some point, the skeptical explanations become less and less tenable because they often rely on improbable coincidences happening over and over and over. a few pages back there was a collection of 911 calls from a sighting in Michigan that really put "drone" to the test. Or look up what Fife Symington, the governor of Arizona during the Phoenix Lights incident and military pilot said about what he saw

personally, im accepting that this all might be some kind of psychological phenomenon, probably not exactly what Jung wrote about with the collective unconscious and his take on UFOs but something along those lines

that isn't then to say that it is aliens (even for a very broad definition of aliens, certainly wider then extraterrestrials), but at some point it has to stop being nothing. the debunkers just want to say that us hicks can't tell a balloon from a barndoor and can't possibly be seeing something real, and it's really condescending

Zisky
May 6, 2003

It's on Netflix and decent to have on in the background, but the reenactments are lame and it leans into some of the sillier files a little too hard.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g83vlSmY7uA

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

yeah you can see in this timestamped vid (sorry for some reason nobody wants to share the actual video evidence clip so its got commentary)
this is all the actual evidence provided for the nimitz tictac ufo dogfight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3viYcYPRdu4&t=1488s

lol 1488 timestamp on a thunderfoot video, little on the nose

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Wheeee posted:

lol 1488 timestamp on a thunderfoot video, little on the nose

lol

space nazis confirmed

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Did anyone play Battlezone 2 way back in the day?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what are some legit videos of the Phoenix lights . it appears some TV movie was also made

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Are there still people posting in this thread suggesting aliens arent real and arent visiting our world? lol if you honestly believe this just lol just laughing out loud

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

really can't recommend the 1994 michigan recording enough, even if you've heard it before. primo spooky poo poo

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

the tape was ok but theres no pics and instead of grainy sensor data its someone describing it to you lol

seems like something was there unless its all a hoax, but moving lights in the sky that show up on radar isnt lacking for mundane explanations in 1994

phoenixes for example, before they were hunted to extinction

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

guys also I’m pretty sure I was abducted as a child

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

the tape was ok but theres no pics and instead of grainy sensor data its someone describing it to you lol

seems like something was there unless its all a hoax, but moving lights in the sky that show up on radar isnt lacking for mundane explanations in 1994

phoenixes for example, before they were hunted to extinction

what's mundane about moving 20 miles instantaneously?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

they’re here

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what is the big Air Force cargo plane that can appear to hover in place . they have them at Dover and it’s wild

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
I don't know how that Aguadilla video keeps getting posted without the report from an ex fighter pilot and head of the Argentine Air Force’s Center for Aerospace Identification

http://www.ipaco.fr/EN_IFO_B_heart_130425.pdf

It's probably, get this.... a Chinese lantern. But, that's not the interesting part.

This is an actual report by an official government body on a specific UAP sighting, This exactly what we need and is what all governments should be doing.

If you speak Spanish, they release annual reports where they try to address UFO reports in a similar way. Cool poo poo.

I haven't looked through them all because I can't speak Spanish but I bet there's some juicy one's in there. https://www.argentina.gob.ar/sites/default/files/informe_cefae_2016.pdf

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

wishful thinking: believing multiple former fighter pilots who have extensive experience and familiarity with this hardware or engineers who literally worked on the hardware being used who say that it's not glare or camera movement and that the videos are legit

cold rationality: believing a couple youtube 'debunker' channels who say it's probably a bird based on reading some specs online

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Unlike most sheeple I live in a perfectly rational universe with everything operating within the constraints of currently understood Math and Science, why yes I am an engineer and here's why bitcoin is going to change everything

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wheeee posted:

wishful thinking: believing multiple former fighter pilots who have extensive experience and familiarity with this hardware or engineers who literally worked on the hardware being used who say that it's not glare or camera movement and that the videos are legit

cold rationality: believing a couple youtube 'debunker' channels who say it's probably a bird based on reading some specs online

wasn’t the first famous ufo report from a trained military pilot

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

wasn’t the first famous ufo report from a trained military pilot

if you mean Kenneth Arnold, he was not a military pilot, he did fly a ton of search and rescue though. I don't know that I've ever seen it said that he flew anything other than smaller Cessna type planes.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

interview with him regarding the events:

https://youtu.be/_2zRabdvKnw

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Azathoth posted:

if you mean Kenneth Arnold, he was not a military pilot, he did fly a ton of search and rescue though. I don't know that I've ever seen it said that he flew anything other than smaller Cessna type planes.

I did mean Arnold

I swore he was a WW 2 pilot oh well

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Rah! posted:

unindentified walking object

https://i.imgur.com/aQR2d5v.mp4

:tinfoil:

Lmao what is that

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

arnold was convinced by the end they were "biological"

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I had a dream that the aliens arrived on July 18th and my fiance left me for one of them.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

Lmao what is that

el wire and la nina

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The Saucer Hovers posted:

el wire and la nina

The video cut before I could tell if it was a kid or a dog, what a fabulous costume

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Saucer Hovers posted:

el wire and la nina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukn-2FCsNzY

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXs2jPoERzE

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

I did mean Arnold

I swore he was a WW 2 pilot oh well

I did a couple quick biography checks before I replied to make sure that I wasn't misremembering and I didn't see it.

That said, he would have been 27 in 1942, so it wouldn't be unreasonable for him to have flown aircraft in WW2, just not necessarily anything overseas. He might have been flying CAP patrols in unarmed aircraft, flying cargo planes, that sort of thing.

I'll admit, it is weird that he would have been that age and been an experienced pilot in 1947 and not having flown in WW2. He might have had some medical condition that made him undesirable to the military or I just might flat out be wrong.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

via https://redd.it/o953ci

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

oh no

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/1409302279119900682

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

congrats, wish you two the best!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

medical condition that kept him out of ww2 but not being a pilot ? strange

Azathoth