Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Oh my god that's a real tweet

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I miss Carl Sagan

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Wheeee posted:

richard dawkins was a real scientist who went insane, neil degrasse tyson has done no research and has published nothing since getting his phd and immediately landing a cushy gig as a curator

bill nye the science guy has more claim to being a science guy and he's an engineer with a children's show
dawkins probably has some serious repressed trauma and related issues

i think he mentioned offhand that a coach/priest fondled his junk as a kid but it's not a big deal and people need to stop being victims *screeches*

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

:chaostrump: GET HIM OUT OF HERE! TAKE HIS COAT!

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYOA_ciyS6c

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

I miss Carl Sagan

he would be trying to summon the aliens to smoke weed with them

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Vomik posted:

weren't there some studies or biologists or something who were investigating potential non-carbon life-forms with similar needs to us and what they'd possibly be like?

all i remember is silicon based life forms who breathe oxygen and just vomit out sand like their co2
yeah, there's a bunch of theories floating around and silicon is one of the oldest. it's the kind of thing that the best you can say is "that seems theoretically possible" but whether any of it would actually work in practice is currently unknowable

like, Titan is known to have liquid hydrocarbon seas, and there's some theoretical models of life that could exist in that, but who knows if such life is possible and even if it's possible, whether it formed there.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

there are many astronauts and scientists who agree that UFOs are real and also ur own government and a bunch of other governments say theyre real neil u loving clown lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Azathoth posted:

yeah duh they're machines the aliens make to interact with us

we've already established that the aliens themselves look like birds or plastic bags

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

this coming from a dude who rode around in a ufo talking about the universe

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

"ufo" doesnt mean "aliens" neil u imbecile u buffoon :sad:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

read the fuckin thread NDT

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

WEH posted:

read the fuckin thread NDT

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Starters:
neil degrasse tyson (smug type)
terence mckenna (buzzy type)
mitt romney (cia type)

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

i was wrong

kneel is extremely star like as a flaming ball of gas

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WEH posted:

would not be doing this if I thought they were real photos lol
l

that's a burned slice of pizza

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

piss is made out of star dust

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Lampsacus posted:

Starters:
neil degrasse tyson (smug type)
terence mckenna (buzzy type)
mitt romney (cia type)

immediately box the starter and level up my

gray barker (queer type)
john keel (queer type)
and
michael x barton (queer type)

screw balance

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I love how the triangle pilot was like gently caress it let me plow into the ocean at full speed and make a big fuckoff splash

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Inspector Hound posted:

Lmao what is that

looks like a dog in a costume that lights up to me

Have not read the subsequent 86 posts to see how my guess stacks up, let me have my fun

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
nazi antartic ufos failing and falling out of the sky - SAD!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

ITS TO START DIGESTING OUR MATE ONCE THE RITUAL IS COMPLETE NEIL

~insects

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

You ever think about John Titor? I think he was basically right and I hope he got that 486 back to the future to save everyone from y2k part 2.

I would really look forward to living in a commune growing oranges and living in a stilt house on canal streets.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pontificating rear end posted:

really makes u think

I'm still upset at NDT for demoting Pluto. Neil puto

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

the aliens love spagett why do u keep talking about it neil thats why they are going to invade

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Aliens are logical and superior. They do not trouble themselves with girls. Friends are illogical and distract from science.

Young Neil was a pretty cool dude. He was a bodybuilder and a ballroom dancing champion. Carl Sagan thought he was a cool kid and let him sleep over when there was a bad snowstorm, but like a dork he went to boring-rear end Harvard and ended up a humorless suit attending Kissinger’s fancy parties, passing up the chance to smoke weed with Carl and enjoy the gorges.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

You ever think about John Titor? I think he was basically right and I hope he got that 486 back to the future to save everyone from y2k part 2.

I would really look forward to living in a commune growing oranges and living in a stilt house on canal streets.

he fractured the timeline

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

I think about him all the time.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

john titor successfully delayed the second american civil war by a couple decades

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Young Neil was a pretty cool dude. He was a bodybuilder and a ballroom dancing champion. Carl Sagan thought he was a cool kid and let him sleep over when there was a bad snowstorm, but like a dork he went to boring-rear end Harvard and ended up a humorless suit attending Kissinger’s fancy parties, passing up the chance to smoke weed with Carl and enjoy the gorges.

where in this youth did the raping happen

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I think about him all the time.

:same:

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

my bony fealty posted:

where in this youth did the raping happen
the raping happened at harvard where kissinger watched approvingly

there the loathsome kneel dweebass tussin was born

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
anyone catch that dr Dre is an alien abductee and will kill you if you make this widely known?

all according to the UFO abductee prophet /u/throawaylien and some other rando lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can someone ask the aliens for help

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

john titor successfully delayed the second american civil war by a couple decades

If events had happened as they should have, I would have proudly fought for the Eastern Coalition. Now I’m too old to fight. John Titor robbed me of my destiny. We have to go back.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

"please save the planet"
response: https://youtu.be/qodpF5fI63o?t=163

Tekne has issued a correction as of 04:08 on Jun 28, 2021

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Tekne posted:

"please save the planet"

lol i always forget robotech is a terrible mashup of like 4 different shows rather than just a terrible rewriting of just macross

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tekne posted:

"please save the planet"

I’d love to watch that as a hypothetical 12-year-old in 1985 after coming home from school and making myself grilled cheese.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

i still think it's funny that hollywood has yet to do an invasion movie where an alien fleet just shows up and blows the hell out outta earth from orbit

guess the aftermath doesn't really leave a path for plucky underdogs to save the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The Posadist aliens are real and Havana Syndrome is caused by UFOs zapping CIA and State Department Agents with energy attacks. Every time they try to do a coup they get another zap.