Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

yellowcar posted:

what did toyota do recently to earn the ire of shitlibs?

i literally posted it last page you jerk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1409321410540052488

Servicembrs.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

a silly misspelling is one thing but the quotation marks dawg ya gotta give me the quotation marks

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

he's loving FINISHED

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Shageletic posted:

This is what pluraliry of Democrats chose

No, it's what the plurality of democrats were assigned and told they chose.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i can't stand for errors like the ones hawthorn made. i know what you're thinking that he is on a roll, but i don't think someone who says those things has a leg to stand on. these kinds of mistakes are going to cripple his career.

edit: if you need me to spell it out for you, i consider mr hawthorn an invalid choice for political office

Judakel has issued a correction as of 04:14 on Jun 28, 2021

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

lol i saw that headline but i didn't know this was the content

there was not this same amount of concern about biden claiming america has never interfered in a foreign election

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

I saw this headline and totally assumed he had gotten something like serious mixed up, not been a year off on someones age. JEsus loving christ do libs really think people care about this?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

the_steve posted:

No, it's what the plurality of democrats were assigned and told they chose.

He's just so electable.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

yellowcar posted:

what did toyota do recently to earn the ire of shitlibs?

they've given the most to republicans and the most to republicans who did not certify Joe Biden as president, and Toyota responded by saying tough poo poo, and they pissed off khive

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

guess libs should start lighting their corollas and rav4s on fire in protest like chuds did with their keurigs and nikes lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1409228399072055297?s=20

the brain worms are global

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Pobrecito posted:

its going to be really funny to see how they try to hide biden on the campaign trail in 2024 when covid isnt an excuse

does it really matter? They could just blame it on the weather or some other made up bs and people will still lap it up

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I do not think that we're in danger of entering a "cold war 2.0" with China that will be a repeat of the first cold war with the USSR. Different ideology, different history, different regional and global ambitions, etc.

I actually see the value in the argument that Biden is making, that we're heading into the 21st century at a crossroads between democracy and authoritarianism, and that we need to prove that democracy is the better model. If that type of framing, that type of competition, gets us to reinvest in things that we have neglected for decades like education and manufacturing and building back a middle class then I'm for it.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

sexpig by night posted:

I do not think that we're in danger of entering a "cold war 2.0" with China that will be a repeat of the first cold war with the USSR. Different ideology, different history, different regional and global ambitions, etc.

I actually see the value in the argument that Biden is making, that we're heading into the 21st century at a crossroads between democracy and authoritarianism, and that we need to prove that democracy is the better model. If that type of framing, that type of competition, gets us to reinvest in things that we have neglected for decades like education and manufacturing and building back a middle class then I'm for it.

source your quotes!!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

source your quotes!!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

isnt this literally the exact same framing as the first cold war

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

source your quotes!!

So first, one of these is not like the others. Osama was in Afghanistan during the US invasion, but he escaped. So disregarding that example; you seem to be suggesting that just because the media (I point out, the media reporting on these issues, not necessarily the US) was wrong before or gave credence to exaggerated reports of atrocities; it means all such reports forever more are just automatically wrong should be obviously fallacious to any reasonable observer.

Especially when we consider the wider body of evidence that collaborates what the US is saying. At most one should be healthily skeptical until enough evidence is provided and collaborated to come to a conclusion based on the preponderance of the evidence. And right now that preponderance points to that a genocide by any definition is occurring.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Some Guy TT posted:

isnt this literally the exact same framing as the first cold war

However most importantly the evidence is coming from the US, the US didn't fabricate the evidence, it didn't set people up to misconstrue any information, there are plenty of international orgs, plus Chinese government documentation, and imagery taken from literally space that all collaborates this information and it isn't the United States that's the origin of this information.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Nonsense posted:

they've given the most to republicans and the most to republicans who did not certify Joe Biden as president, and Toyota responded by saying tough poo poo, and they pissed off khive

yeah their response was pretty much "we don't care what these stupid fucks do as long as they pass the laws we tell them to"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Leftist Youtube Vaush actually did a good deal of research to confirm the fact that there's a lot of collaborating evidence. Research stream

You keep repeating and attacking Adrien Zens or the US but the fact is there's loads more evidence then that and most people that I can see in this thread aren't remotely relying on it even if they mention it at all. But you keep repeating it as if it was all people had which isn't true and is deeply disingenuous.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the china thread in GBS is one of the most openly racist threads in SA, but the china thread in D&D is one of the most openly stupid.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

sexpig by night posted:

Leftist Youtube Vaush

oh no

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Sinophobia is fine because Biden does it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
6 months from now d&d will be wall to wall laser eye avatars

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Raskolnikov38 posted:

someone's going to just start calling Chinese people the c-slur and demand the return of the exclusion act, it's a race between GBS and D&D to get to that point first

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i thought the nazis appropriated those and no one else is allowed to use them now

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

He's right for the wrong reason.

Ain't no way we going to war with China, cold or otherwise. Not unless they cut us off first.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cpt_Obvious posted:

He's right for the wrong reason.

Ain't no way we going to war with China, cold or otherwise. Not unless they cut us off first.

I do agree there, I just am absolutely in love with 'this isn't a new cold war, it's actually good because (literally the exact same words used to support the original cold war)'

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
There was a report that said that Toyota was the "number one contributor to Republicans that refused to certify the 2020 election"

There's two problems with that Clymer tweet:

1. It's not going to be possible to buy a car from a manufacturer that did not contribute to Republicans. At most, you can walk it back to "Republicans who all voted to certify the election", maybe, or just "the smallest contributor to Republicans that refused to certify the election"

2. More importantly, talking about buying a new car, and specifically being able to tailor your car selection to this niche political story, is extremely not relatable. How many loving Americans can't afford a car?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

How many loving Americans can't afford a car?

It's all the guy who rent the hangar next to mine at the airport ever talks about

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

laser eye avatars? You'll have to explain that one for me

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

laser eye avatars? You'll have to explain that one for me

liberals trying to take back 'Shut the gently caress up, liberal"

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

Leftist Youtube Vaush
lol lmao

also i looked at that thread and every other post is just people screaming "NICE WHATABOUTISM" and then the mod probs a "genocide denier" for doing the whataboutism

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

I do agree there, I just am absolutely in love with 'this isn't a new cold war, it's actually good because (literally the exact same words used to support the original cold war)'

It's like a JFK speech before the bay of pigs.

Or after. I dunno.

Shen Long
May 29, 2021

by Athanatos

sexpig by night posted:

Leftist Youtube Vaush actually did a good deal of research to confirm the fact that there's a lot of collaborating evidence. Research stream

Jesus fuckin Christ :suicide:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Excelzior posted:

liberals trying to take back 'Shut the gently caress up, liberal"

lol ew

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

americans predicate themselves and their ideology through the brands that they consume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
i think an image of a drone with a rainbow flag on it is pretty jerk offy, but clymer is literally the living embodiment of that