Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

jassa posted:

With Fennec's connection to Boba later in her life, I wonder whether we'll eventually see a live action Omega in Book of Boba? That could be fun. Especially if she keeps commenting on how much adult Boba reminds her of her #1 Dad- I mean, Hunter.

poo poo, I didn't even think of that. I must be tired today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Has it been explained as to why the Kaminoins decided to suddenly make a lone female clone though?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Larryb posted:

Has it been explained as to why the Kaminoins decided to suddenly make a lone female clone though?

It appears that they made her to store the original Jango clone DNA. Whether they needed to do it that way, or did that in order to hide the fact that they were doing it, remains to be seen. But Alpha (Boba Fett) and Omega are the only unaltered (somewhat, obviously) clones of Jango (the others age faster, had the chips installed, probably had some combat programs installed as well, maybe some other poo poo, etc.) created. Boba is out of pocket, so Omega remains the only pure source of Jango DNA in the galaxy available.

I'm thinking all the Kaminoan leaders were on board with hiding her initially, which is why even the Prime Minister was on board with getting her off planet. My theory is the reason she was created was, not because they can't store the DNA on ice or something, but because they feared the Empire would likely go through their system and wipe out their records at some point. So they created Omega as a backup of the DNA. But now the Prime Minister is regretting this plan, or getting nervous that they'll lose Omega and the DNA with her, so he wants to extract the DNA and find some other way to store it. They probably made Omega as a female clone to make it less obvious that she was a Jango clone.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 25, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That makes sense, I wonder if Jango (or Boba for that matter) knew about any of this.

Like I said, it could be fun if Omega got to meet her big brother one day though (perhaps in the upcoming Book of Boba series)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 25, 2021

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

I have a hunch that cloning in the Star Wars universe involves the usage of actual genetic material. Like, you may need a tiny amount to make a clone but it’s still something that is depleted over time.

Over time, the original genetic material donated by Jango got used up.

They tried to use derivative clone material…..and created the Bad Batch. :aaaaa:

So the Kaminoans know they can’t make clones of clones and they’re nearly out of Jango’s donation. Their army is being phased out by the Empire so their whole raison d’être is fading. It also happens to be their only real protection/insurance against violence (who wants an army factory idling for anyone to bid on?).

Omega was likely made from the very last bit of pure Jango DNA they’ve “grown naturally” as a last attempt to replenish their Jango donation (and army of clones).

Edit: THRAWN!!!! :mad:

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 25, 2021

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Thwomp posted:

I have a hunch that cloning in the Star Wars universe involves the usage of actual genetic material. Like, you may need a tiny amount to make a clone but it’s still something that is depleted over time.

Over time, the original genetic material donated by Jango got used up.

They tried to use derivative clone material…..and created the Bad Batch. :aaaaa:

So the Kaminoans know they can’t make clones of clones and they’re nearly out of Jango’s donation. Their army is being phased out by the Empire so their whole raison d’être is fading. It also happens to be their only real protection/insurance against violence (who wants an army factory idling for anyone to bid on?).

Omega was likely made from the very last bit of pure Jango DNA they’ve “grown naturally” as a last attempt to replenish their Jango donation (and army of clones).

Edit: THRAWN!!!! :mad:

Ha, no worries. Your theory is still slightly different than mine, with the depleting DNA material. So it's still a good post!

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Makes me wonder, in Dune, how much of Idaho's cadaver was left by the times of the book God Emperor.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
What’s the Kaminoan endgame here though? If they secure Omega, great, they have access to pure Jango material again but the Empire isn’t interested in more clones and there’s no way in hell they’ll let the Kaminoans produce potential armies for other parties. Her only use would be for producing an army for the Kaminoans to defend themselves.

I dunno, my money’s still on Omega having some other undisclosed special purpose beyond being a (mostly) unaltered Jango clone.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What’s the Kaminoan endgame here though? If they secure Omega, great, they have access to pure Jango material again but the Empire isn’t interested in more clones and there’s no way in hell they’ll let the Kaminoans produce potential armies for other parties. Her only use would be for producing an army for the Kaminoans to defend themselves.

I dunno, my money’s still on Omega having some other undisclosed special purpose beyond being a (mostly) unaltered Jango clone.

If I were them and saw how the Empire was operating, I'd sure as hell make a backup site with facilities to start up again off the books in case the Empire thinks Kaminoans are a loose end in need of pruning and having Omega be their stash of known good soldier stock makes some sense.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
Still wish Cad Bane would go back to his original awesome wide-brimmed hat.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Dave Syndrome posted:

Still wish Cad Bane would go back to his original awesome wide-brimmed hat.

That was a nice hat. Well-earned, too :getin:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Noticed something about Bane. namely that he has a Metal Plate over his head. He may have had that gun duel with Boba

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Noticed something about Bane. namely that he has a Metal Plate over his head. He may have had that gun duel with Boba

his headbutt vs Shand wasn’t as satisfying as Anakin punching someone’s fist out of the air :colbert:

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Boba shoots him in the heart, doesn’t he?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
My take on Omega. They made a big deal of her being a pure "generation 1" clone which makes me think you can only clone from a donor that's alive and present. Jango is dead, Boba is gone, so they would need Omega to restart the clones' genetic lineage from pure line. Arguably the reason the Bad Batch exists is because there are abnormalities caused by cloning a clone over and over. Also, IIRC, the earlier generations were more robust and capable? Please fact check me on any of this.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Cage Kicker posted:

My take on Omega. They made a big deal of her being a pure "generation 1" clone which makes me think you can only clone from a donor that's alive and present. Jango is dead, Boba is gone, so they would need Omega to restart the clones' genetic lineage from pure line. Arguably the reason the Bad Batch exists is because there are abnormalities caused by cloning a clone over and over. Also, IIRC, the earlier generations were more robust and capable? Please fact check me on any of this.

The Kaminos literally explain this in the episode.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Y'all worried about how cloning works have to remember that Jango literally used seismic charges in a vacuum.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

And the core of Naboo is hollow and you can drive through it to the other side.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Space fantasy

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

pik_d posted:

Y'all worried about how cloning works have to remember that Jango literally used seismic charges in a vacuum.

Excuse me, those were fresh bass charges.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
We laughed when we saw Omega escaping in a saiyan pod

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sammus posted:

Boba shoots him in the heart, doesn’t he?

Mutual Headshots I recall.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

pik_d posted:

I hope you're not allergic to bass

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Spookydonut posted:

I’m all about it (no rebels though) :dadjoke:

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Spookydonut posted:

After we're done, we'll get some oyce cream.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Icon Of Sin posted:

I’m all about it (no rebels though) :dadjoke:

Wow.

I actually liked that one. I am a dad, though.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Cheesus posted:

After we're done, we'll get some oyce cream.

Da Dip! Noice choice!

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Jet Jaguar posted:

Da Dip! Noice choice!
That beat!

I'm done!

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Mutual Headshots I recall.

I just rewatched it and it’s left ambiguous by the limits of the rough draft animation.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The amount of detail that goes into parts of an episode that's on screen for only a few seconds is rather impressive

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Vinylshadow posted:

The amount of detail that goes into parts of an episode that's on screen for only a few seconds is rather impressive

I see Kaminoans, Droopy McCool’s species, a Trandoshan, and a Siniteen.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I have to adjust my TV I think. I legit couldn't see poo poo in those tubes. It was the day time but still. The Disney app goes to HDR mode and I think it's darkening stuff.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
The presence of a Kaminoan in a genetics tank has me wondering - perhaps the Kaminoans want to incorporate Omega's genetics with their own, somehow? Apparently they've done such things before, for the survival of their species. The abandoned facility could have been where they previously performed experiments merging the genetics of various other alien species with theirs.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I imagine the Kaminoan clone was just there to reinforce that it's a Kaminoan facility. Omega mentions that it's similar to Tipoca City, but it's so dilapidated that I wouldn't fault a kid (or a particularly dense studio executive) watching it to not be able to read it as Kaminoan, even though the architecture is the same.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What if the Kaminoans are themselves clones? :vince:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Anita Dickinme posted:

They want to created genderswapped clones of themselves for... reasons :chloe:

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Vintersorg posted:

I have to adjust my TV I think. I legit couldn't see poo poo in those tubes. It was the day time but still. The Disney app goes to HDR mode and I think it's darkening stuff.

The Disney+ app is rear end on Samsung Smart Apps. Everything is way to dark. I watch it through my Xbox and the brightness and contrast is way better.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Anita Dickinme posted:

They are IIRC.

Hate-O-Tron
Apr 1, 2007
It's an absolute long shot, but this is a perfect place to put another strand of webbing between all the canon Star Wars media.

With a cameo from Cylo I - III.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Anita Dickinme posted:

That's kind of how they survived climate change or whatever flooded their planet. They forced/selectively evolved/manipulated their genetics