Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

👀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Good lord

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I'm the only one who proposed anything close to a meaningful, constructive action and nothing is more telling to an observer than the fact that this got zero uptake whatsoever in the thread. That tells me posters itt don't care about a solution. They care about being madder than the next guy, and in a way that is somehow more right. This isn't what we should be striving for as a thread or as a country.

hey gently caress all of you im woke and i care. goon project where we lobby city council into not being racist for one decision that they can undermine once our attention lapses

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What a dumb piece of poo poo.

E: A casual racist living here in Winnipeg? WHAT??

Probably from the south end around st.vital where there are people too afraid to go downtown or even up to the Maples/north end. No wonder they hate the Kings Head - too many scary people.

Vintersorg has issued a correction as of 15:15 on Jun 28, 2021

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Kazinsal posted:

The 30 that gets attached to basically every Bad Posting Tax would suck tho

Let's be Better People, though, thread: What's everyone's recommended direct fundraising sources for marginalized people, and in particular First Nations persons and those affected by the residential school system? I admit that I am woefully underinformed on that front and have no idea what the best material way to support survivors of it is. I could definitely start looking up registered charities on the net but I'm sure there are some thread regulars who have more accurate and better answers handy. Let's try to make things less poo poo for people as a community effort instead of jumping at each others throats.

I'm extremely for this, I was thinking of making a donation drive.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

DariusLikewise posted:

if the catholics didnt want their churches to burn down they could simply just do any kind of reconciliation

if I remember sunday school correctly, god has a plan and everything always goes according to plan

so what i'm getting at is those churches were supposed to burn and if you disagree you're a heretic

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

blatman posted:

if I remember sunday school correctly, god has a plan and everything always goes according to plan

so what i'm getting at is those churches were supposed to burn and if you disagree you're a heretic

Predestination, but for structural failure

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Some questions for mods or really anyone:

1) is murder a crime in Canada
2) is arson a crime in Canada
3) is instructing someone to commit murder or arson a crime in Canada
4) in Canada, is the status of a crime impacted by it being consciously targeted against a person based on a distinctive or identifiable cultural, ethnic, or religious characteristic
5) how do you then spin that as fine and nothing to worry about

1) no
2) no
3) no
4) no
5) it's not against the law idiot

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

hehe when fyad qcs sees this, his goose is cooked! :haw:

I for one am shocked tommy could produce a thread so bad that it essentially legalized murder in Canada

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
It's like you haven't event seen the decrees passed down from the true Queen of Canada fr her North Vancouver condo lmao dumb dumb

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

xtal posted:

Good lord

and you, why aren’t you posting your podcasts

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/years-of...w7MVgIUL4KwkI6X

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I will excuse myself from the thread if someone can elucidate conclusively and unmistakably why what Kazinsal posted is not a crime in Canada. Otherwise, I don't think we're done here. Explain like I'm a Mountie :tipshat: or the inevitable judge

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I will excuse myself from the thread if someone can elucidate conclusively and unmistakably why what Kazinsal posted is not a crime in Canada. Otherwise, I don't think we're done here. Explain like I'm a Mountie :tipshat: or the inevitable judge

gently caress off

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

gently caress off you crybaby narc

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

You're a loving loser. Nobody likes you here and probably in real life. loving buzzkill.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Justice and the law are two different things. If that's hard for you go run away to new york and cry in the park you loser holden caufield wannabe

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

oh no guys he's got a hostage

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

If I knew you in real life I would punch you in the face. Call a cop, you mewling pissant.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Oh no a crime

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I think the mountie would want to know why you were wasting their time with something even you didn't think was serious.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Oh apparently pretty much everyone commits something like 4 indictable offences a day and that's before reacting to a religious organization kidnapping beating raping and murdering indigenous children with the blessing and support of the federal government established by an invading foreign nation.

Nevermind.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Get out already. How are you this dense?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I'm starting to think the other posters itt are kind of unhinged, ngl

lol

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

There it is boys, the silver bullet. :reject: The thing that invalidates the entire argument and makes the crime in question not a crime at all

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

There it is boys, the silver bullet. :reject: The thing that invalidates the entire argument and makes the crime in question not a crime at all

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I genuinely think that every single Catholic church in north america should be burned to the ground, after they have been looted for every item of value, which will then be sold with the assets going directly to Indigenous people. Zero exceptions. Burn all of them down now.

Call a cop on this post, I dare you. Go find the RCMP tip line and tell them that Something Awful forums poster "Fashionable Jorts" is happy that some catholic churches have burnt down already, and wishes all others would follow within the year. I'm not even joking, put your money where your mouth is and call the police on me, otherwise we'll all know you're just a pathetic weasel who feigns being woke on behalf of Indigenous people. The second the oppressive class that you belong to comes under fire, all of that outrage and support for marginalized people you claim to have vanishes into the air, since protecting the largest demographic in this country is clearly the most important thing to you.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I genuinely think that every single Catholic church in north america should be burned to the ground, after they have been looted for every item of value, which will then be sold with the assets going directly to Indigenous people. Zero exceptions. Burn all of them down now.

Call a cop on this post, I dare you. Go find the RCMP tip line and tell them that Something Awful forums poster "Fashionable Jorts" is happy that some catholic churches have burnt down already, and wishes all others would follow within the year. I'm not even joking, put your money where your mouth is and call the police on me, otherwise we'll all know you're just a pathetic weasel who feigns being woke on behalf of Indigenous people. The second the oppressive class that you belong to comes under fire, all of that outrage and support for marginalized people you claim to have vanishes into the air, since protecting the largest demographic in this country is clearly the most important thing to you.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

If I knew you in real life I would punch you in the face. Call a cop, you mewling pissant.

I don't even know what to say to this other than I feel like you need to take one giant leap for mankind away from this thread.

Flater
Oct 20, 2006

Ask me about sucking Batman's dick

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I casually read this thread and I want to say your concern trolling is super tired and you come off as a pathetic person trying to leverage some small scrap of power to masturbate with. Please shut the gently caress up already.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Flater posted:

I casually read this thread and I want to say your concern trolling is super tired and you come off as a pathetic person trying to leverage some small scrap of power to masturbate with. Please shut the gently caress up already.

drat, I was hoping you and me could commiserate over our redtexts. Actually, looking at yours... maybe not :yikes:

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

and you, why aren’t you posting your podcasts

Unending harassment

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I don't even know what to say to this other than I feel like you need to take one giant leap for mankind away from this thread.

lol fashionable jorts is probably the best thread regular here u numpty

the only bad thing about fashionable jorts is the name implies that somewhere there exists jorts that are unfashionable, which as we all know is not the case

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Hello police I see a posting crime up above

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

drat, I was hoping you and me could commiserate over our redtexts. Actually, looking at yours... maybe not :yikes:

Is this a homophobic joke now too?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I like TOMMY but it's just for taking the CSPAM heat off of me

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

yeah seems like a lovely homophobic insult to still use.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tommy here prob rolling with Jets plates.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
so much drama in the canada thread. I have a lot to learn.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Hey I love to suck cock but that guy's obviously a loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

blatman posted:

lol fashionable jorts is probably the best thread regular here u numpty

the only bad thing about fashionable jorts is the name implies that somewhere there exists jorts that are unfashionable, which as we all know is not the case

:lovebird:

thanks, but I disagree since I was pretty lovely about not recognizing my privilege of homeownership a while back. I'm not being facetious or anything, I thought about it a while after I had calmed down and realized I was being a douchebag. Specifically wanted to apologize to Virtual Russian, but they don't have PMs and I didn't want to make the thread all about me a few days later (unlike someone in this thread)

Sorry Virtual Russian, and everyone else, I was an rear end and was stubbornly digging in because I didn't like the fact that my worldviews were being challenged.