Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Is streets finally coming

I’m counting the times I’ve heard that next wipe will be the streets patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

I think that they already said that they will release some other new content before streets hits. Whether this is just factory rework or lighthouse is up to anyone to guess.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

There was a giant reddit post conspiracy theorying out about how Lighthouse is coming because of the fog

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Last I heard, was it at most a month ago was that lighthouse was in greyboxing phase. They would have to had developed that at lightning speed then.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Hazamuth posted:

Last I heard, was it at most a month ago was that lighthouse was in greyboxing phase. They would have to had developed that at lightning speed then.

Or put out content that wasn't polished and ready to go. Hmm, wonder if it's possible...

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Lol secure containers

I love this lovely poorly developed game.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

I think the map releases have been largely fine (for the time I've played), but *some* other things have been very hit or miss. I do have a high tolerance for jank though.

Edit: they just finally "confirmed" that there will be wipe with the patch as if that wasn't clear yet.

Hazamuth fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 28, 2021

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
wait... youreu telling me the pre wipe events were signalling a wipe was coming??

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Twitch made this game evolve from an early access game to a live service game that’s already “released”. Wipes used to be for development sake but are now just treated like seasonal content, with events and teases and all that crap.

This game is in beta in the sense that when you complain about anything the playerbase/devs can just say “gently caress you, it’s a beta and subject to ‘change’”.

I hope this next patch adds another SMG and extra useless ammo types.

InevitableCheese fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 28, 2021

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

InevitableCheese posted:

Twitch made this game evolve from an early access game to a live service game that’s already “released”. Wipes used to be for development sake but are now just treated like seasonal content, with events and teases and all that crap.

This game is in beta in the sense that when you complain about anything the playerbase/devs can just say “gently caress you, it’s a beta and subject to ‘change’”.

qq

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

See second paragraph

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
its impossible to udnerstand what youre even complaining about and preemptively saying anyone who thinks youre just a miserable idiot is wrong doesnt make you not miserable and an idiot.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

InevitableCheese posted:

I hope this next patch adds another SMG

This, but unironically. More guns are cool and good and it's never made sense to me why people don't like new guns.

InevitableCheese posted:

and extra useless ammo types.

The ammo in Tarkov is and always has been a newbie trap and although I don't really care if they add a dozen new calibers, so many ammos are essentially useless garbage filler.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

While playing hc I was actually pleasantly surprised to find 120pcs of PRS ammo, so only worthless in 99,9% of use cases.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
A wipe in my beta?!

Curious what the starter package will look like this time around, if anything. Last time they gave us a Christmas gift with enough BP ammo to make any other rewards negligible. I hope we see just a straight wipe, nothing extra.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Hopefully they won't have a weeks worth of drops at the start of the wipe this time around.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

InevitableCheese posted:

They've been doing prewipe events for years, far longer than before they got popular on twitch. I've been playing since 6, and they were doing them back then too

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Supposedly the flow of the game is going to be completely different than it exists now. Hopefully they figure out a way to keep the game interesting if/when wipes are no longer a feature

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

What wicked fruit grows in the shade cast from your jealous tree? XD

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

hello internet posted:

Supposedly the flow of the game is going to be completely different than it exists now. Hopefully they figure out a way to keep the game interesting if/when wipes are no longer a feature

They've said that there will be seasons on some servers

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm getting ready to move to the far end of my state and start a new job and be closer to my family so I'm gonna be sitting this wipe out. Hope it's a good one though, the last one was kind of a clusterfuck with the economy.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I think I'm officially done until streets is released. Although I've said that before so we'll see.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

hello internet posted:

allegedly the plan is you'll have a seasonal character and a longterm no wipe character

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Looking forward to a wipe without insane bitcoin poo poo, it got boring for me last wipe having fistfuls of rubles always popping out.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Ice Fist posted:

I think I'm officially done until streets is released. Although I've said that before so we'll see.

They said streets was going to be released in like 20 expansions or something nuts like that, you may be waiting quite a while for that one.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

They said streets was going to be released in like 20 expansions or something nuts like that, you may be waiting quite a while for that one.

That's fine. I've gotten hundreds of hours out of this game. Even with the bad with money edition I think I've got my money's worth.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Stashes pre-wipe vs post-wipe: https://i.imgur.com/XAgRzOK.mp4

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Ice Fist posted:

That's fine. I've gotten hundreds of hours out of this game. Even with the bad with money edition I think I've got my money's worth.

Nice.

I started in the middle of last wipe and by the time I learned a few maps and understood the basics the economy was completely broken.

I'm pretty excited to play from the beginning with the bad with money edition.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Nice.

I started in the middle of last wipe and by the time I learned a few maps and understood the basics the economy was completely broken.

I'm pretty excited to play from the beginning with the bad with money edition.

Same. I learned how to play this wipe, next wipe I get to put it into practice from the beginning and get burned out much, MUCH sooner.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
This will arguably be the best wipe to play in, ever. They've changed alot, implemented tons of changes and things seem to be going pretty well. On top of all that, Factory changes, a scav system change and 2 new maps within the year.

This would be the wipe i'd say to come back if you quit.

Edit: saying that, I probably won't play this wipe due to so many other games coming out. Like, 3 new games are coming out that I want to play long term, so no room for Tarkov.

Edit 2: Also, no one hit me up over the weekend for a loadout. Probably because the wipe is imminent, but if stuff has gotten unaffordable but you haven't quit yet, just let me know. I stockpiled M4A1s, M1As, HKs, Vectors, Slicks and ammo before the wipe was ever a possibility, so i've got all that for days. I even have 4 REAP-IRs around that you can use.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 28, 2021

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's 99% off on traders right now since imminent wipe so hopefully everyone can afford stuff. :v:

I'm super interested in the scav karma, that's my biggest thing from this patch.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
June 30th (Wednesday) is wipe day, according to their Twitter.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
I want them to make an offline co-op mode where you can enable the raider event.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
you can probably do that one player in sp tarkov but they strip out any ability to go online so they dont get pwnt

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I want them to make an offline co-op mode where you can enable the raider event.

Clicking the "enable bosses" check mark works during the event. You can load Factory right now with raiders and Killa. Can't get regular scavs though.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
If you're wanting some no-risk entertainment, doing Reserve offline with bosses, high numbers and Scav War enabled is pretty hilarious

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Lupo doing an experiment with that Obdolbos drug to see if using a second one after the first resets the kill timer.

Edit: He died, second one doesn't help.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
woke up this morningi thought of wipe tomorrow and lmaod'

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Stux posted:

woke up this morningi thought of wipe tomorrow and lmaod'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I hadn't thought of Tarkov in probably 3 months but last night I had a dream that they had a wipe and added a Yeti to Woods and lo and behold,