Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

why in the loving goddamn christ do i need to download a 100+ gig patch? why can i not just ignore everything to with warzone and just install only reg multiplayer. i despise this company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah it's quite ridiculous.

After going back into Warzone for a bit I realized how poo poo CW:BlOps is compared to the MW engine/models. It really does look like some lovely mobile version of CoD in comparison like I think someone here mentioned.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

uninstalling one of the MP packs has made my game fail to load hi-res textures on the lobby and now makes other maps not load correctly.

thanks again whoever the gently caress is responsible for this poo poo?

priznat posted:

After going back into Warzone for a bit I realized how poo poo CW:BlOps is compared to the MW engine/models. It really does look like some lovely mobile version of CoD in comparison like I think someone here mentioned.

thatd be me.

Orv
May 4, 2011

priznat posted:

It's kind of funny, BOCW is probably the only Treyarch MP after WaW that I've put any significant time into, I've hated pretty much every other BO MP.

That said, it does not remotely compare to the crispness and quality of MW shooting and I'm really hoping that this years game sticks to that standard of feel, sound and animation.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Orv posted:

It's kind of funny, BOCW is probably the only Treyarch MP after WaW that I've put any significant time into, I've hated pretty much every other BO MP.

That said, it does not remotely compare to the crispness and quality of MW shooting and I'm really hoping that this years game sticks to that standard of feel, sound and animation.

isnt there a third dev in the mix now?

I dont think anyone has come close to IW when it comes to gunplay. BF4 is awful by comparison, even BF5 doesnt feel great but its hard to tell what is old-timey weapons being old and poor controls.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Laserface posted:

isnt there a third dev in the mix now?

I dont think anyone has come close to IW when it comes to gunplay. BF4 is awful by comparison, even BF5 doesnt feel great but its hard to tell what is old-timey weapons being old and poor controls.

Yeah, Sledgehammer did AW and WW2, so one incredible game that everyone is wrong about (:argh:) and one trash fire.

Also I would say only Tarkov beats MW19 in terms of quality of gun feel but then you have to put up with an insane game for insane people, so.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
WW2 got a lot better near the end but it definitely started out as a turd because the creator wanted to make a misery simulator

Also war mode kicked rear end, a mode that removed the death column and only cared about objectives

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer
I think my biggest gripe with this game is the lack of attachment parity between WZ and BOCW. Sucks having to rebuild a gun to switch it between the two games because attachments don't function the same way, and makes it hard to get a grip on recoil when you move from one to the other.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Youth with a Skull posted:

I think my biggest gripe with this game is the lack of attachment parity between WZ and BOCW. Sucks having to rebuild a gun to switch it between the two games because attachments don't function the same way, and makes it hard to get a grip on recoil when you move from one to the other.

Agreed that they are so different, it really is weird.

Also, I thought people and the typical hype YouTube/Streamers were exaggerating no recoil for CW guns in warzone, but yes, the Fara has essentially zero recoil.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
The FARA is so drat good that I've just been running FARA ghost loadouts from the start of the game. I usually use akimbo m19s as the secondary, but in one game this weekend I went with the strela for the first time ever. I asked my buddies if they ever use rockets and they said naaah not really. Cue a car driving by 10 seconds later that my buddies unload on while I scrambled to get an angle. Just as the car is about to go out of sight, BOOM double down with the strela. I'm cackling like a witch while my friends are WTFing, trying to figure out why the car just instantly exploded. We ran over and cleaned up the remains...then 20 seconds later a heli flies directly overhead and, again, BOOM, a triple down. I think I'm a strela convert in warzone.

I also had a great combat bow experience...picked it up and started frothing to blow up a car. I was up in a firehouse tower when a full bertha comes roaring straight at us. I chipped them down with a couple arrows while they returned fire with a combat bow of their own. With a sliver of life I went for one last arrow shot and BOOM, the bertha explodes and downs 3 of them along with it. Now I just wanna blow up vehicles all day.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I always roll RPG(MW) as secondary. May not be the best use of it but those times in comes in clutch are worth it. For blowing up a truck rolling at us or tagging a room with a squad in it, it’s a lifesaver.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

VaultAggie posted:

I always roll RPG(MW) as secondary. May not be the best use of it but those times in comes in clutch are worth it. For blowing up a truck rolling at us or tagging a room with a squad in it, it’s a lifesaver.

Is RPG the best launcher or are they pretty similar outside of the guided features of the cigma/jokr?

I had been running with a strela but I never seem to get it out at the right time.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I can’t think of any reason to run the RPG over the Strela

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

I can’t think of any reason to run the RPG over the Strela

Yea the lock on outweighs the slight speed increase the RPG has over it.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The Strela-P is the dumbfire Carl Gustav, which owns and is the best and running any other launcher is ridiculous

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

RCarr posted:

Yea the lock on outweighs the slight speed increase the RPG has over it.

Strela has a lock-on??

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Has anyone else been having enemy pinging issues in Warzone after they "fixed" it for Season 4? It went from working 90% of the time to, uh, a lot less. Non-enemy pings seem to be fairly unchanged

edit: here's me loving up a mine placement for funsies: https://streamable.com/uiakps

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 28, 2021

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's not true what I said, the Javelin also rules

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I enjoy the larger blast radius of the RPG for room clearing, but it may be more of a personal preference from constantly using it in MW multiplayer. The Strela is fantastic, though, no argument there.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Grey Fox posted:

Has anyone else been having enemy pinging issues in Warzone after they "fixed" it for Season 4? It went from working 90% of the time to, uh, a lot less. Non-enemy pings seem to be fairly unchanged

edit: here's me loving up a mine placement for funsies: https://streamable.com/uiakps

On pc m+kb it's easier to aim live pings now, like there was a tolerance bubble programmed in. There were a couple weeks where live pings were rapidly disappearing, but I think that was just before the season update.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
ate you even really a launcher fan if you haven't deliberately killed yourself and another with a JOKR while underneath some low hanging obstacle?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Mongoose posted:

On pc m+kb it's easier to aim live pings now, like there was a tolerance bubble programmed in. There were a couple weeks where live pings were rapidly disappearing, but I think that was just before the season update.
I have to use a controller on PC for accessibility reasons, which may or may not be a factor here

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

How many times will I attempt to toss a flashbang through a window like a cool swat guy only for it to miss, bounce against the frame/wall, and explode right in my face

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lube Enthusiast posted:

How many times will I attempt to toss a flashbang through a window like a cool swat guy only for it to miss, bounce against the frame/wall, and explode right in my face

Pretty much my signature move!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Lube Enthusiast posted:

:hmmyes:

This, but it's a grenade that a rando team mate walks in front of and bounces back into my face.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
To date I've spent $20.00 on this game via two battle passes.

Today I vow never to spend another thin dime or red cent on this game until cheating is addressed.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Lol

Lmao

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The mythical white whale !!

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

lite_sleepr posted:

To date I've spent $20.00 on this game via two battle passes.

Today I vow never to spend another thin dime or red cent on this game until cheating is addressed.

You're still playing it though

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
just lol if you didnt uninstall after the 3rd 100 gig patch that made the game worse

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

You're still playing it though

For free

Orv
May 4, 2011

That's specifically not how that works

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

moist turtleneck posted:

just lol if you didnt uninstall after the 3rd 100 gig patch that made the game worse

Are you posting from a year ago?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yes

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Orv posted:

That's specifically not how that works

Not paying money to play a game is... not playing it for free :thunk:

Orv
May 4, 2011

lite_sleepr posted:

Not paying money to play a game is... not playing it for free :thunk:

You're twenty in the hole was the joke but really I'm just being a jerk, sorry :v:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fenarisk posted:

Agreed that they are so different, it really is weird.

Also, I thought people and the typical hype YouTube/Streamers were exaggerating no recoil for CW guns in warzone, but yes, the Fara has essentially zero recoil.

Honestly MW and Cold War feeling like such different games is just really the worst thing. I was super reluctant to even get BLOPS because I didn't like the beta, but at a point the goons I play with were only playing that and everyone except me was burned out on Warzone and MW multi so I grabbed it, since no one would even play them anymore for the most part. I just found it frustrating because it felt so different. Felt like I could do well at WZ and MW, and I would just play poorly in Blops and it wasn't fun at all. But eventually it hit the point where I started playing a little more and started doing decent at BLOPS and it is actually pretty fun. Took a hiatus from MW and WZ. Then I tried to go back and...now I cant play WZ or MW for poo poo.

They feel so fundamentally different in subtle ways that trying to switch between them feels super unnatural, because you have MW which is it's own thing, Then WZ which is just MW with all the rules and TTK changed, then blops which just flat out feels like a different game in every little detail. It makes the ecosystem they are trying to build feel super clunky because it doesn't feel like I'm switching content. It's like going from Halo to Battlefield and it just fucks with my muscle memory in a way where it doesn't feel comfortable switching around.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
The game is stupid because there's never peace. From the buzzer you're being shot at from somewhere, even ridiculous distances, and they never miss.

Never miss, but nah they're not cheating.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

time for bed, darling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp624HseLOs

Lots of good parts in this clip, but hitting the guy in the face with the stun was hilarious.