Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

PerOlus posted:

Yay! My room got featured in Korone's stream!

I thought you were Jeb Bush for a moment and that would have been a very weird reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz6J6zXuOgI

pomu's 100 + 1 god knows in summary

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The big Finana/Zen/Haruka/Artemis/Bao/others collab just started.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

said collab is very scuffed right now

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

As super scuffed as it is they've still got pretty good chemistry just bs'ing around.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Carteret posted:

Smug Ina is powerful holy poo poo

Ina is feeling like that image is mocking HER.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Revolver Bunker posted:

Ina's new schedule for this week. Pretty full week for Ina. Gundam watch-a-long and Anime Expo Lite.
https://twitter.com/ninomaeinanis/status/1409590821234503685?s=20

ok this is what pushed me overboard to get an ina membership cause gundam x ina will keep me satisfied for weeks

Smiles fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jul 18, 2021

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

looks like I need to finish my rewatch of the OG Gundam movies on netflix before Friday

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
So for Violet which is almost ready. Ina drew all the art for it. She gave chat a peek at one of the images not used but also said that they are all this level of quality.

New Emotes are done and look fabulous.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Gura giving us her character's shoe size.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Fubuki doesn't have a gambling problem. Nope, no problem here at all....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwf1VHVzWg

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Revolver Bunker posted:

I clicked on it thinking it was a PSO2 stream and got super confused when it was blackjack. Then I realized this was inside the game and between the gatcha and this, FBK isn't going stop playing this game anytime soon

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Lyer posted:

I clicked on it thinking it was a PSO2 stream and got super confused when it was blackjack. Then I realized this was inside the game and between the gatcha and this, FBK isn't going stop playing this game anytime soon

How is she on slot machines and push your luck games?

And I guess Roulette, but I never actually figured out how to get that one to take a bet.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Revolver Bunker posted:

That is what Hana Macchia's does in almost all of her Zatsudan streams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxVwz6whEtw

Also, Gura's new TTRPG character is a total country girl chunni. The only thing preventing her from going full weeb is that Gura took the illiterate flaw.
While you were learning how to read past the 4th grade level, Gura's PC was studying the blade and forge.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Hellbore posted:

Amelia and Kiara have spoken about the EN VSinger like they're still coming, so speculation is that Cover is producing a full EP for their debut and that Coco's graduation is delaying any announcements.

Are you sure it isn't just a "I haven't heard different so I assume it must be the case" kind of situation? Because everytime I've heard en gen 2 brought up they've all said that they aren't kept in the loop for that stuff and don't know anything we don't. I suppose maybe they could have done some song collabs with the vsinger pre-debut or something, but in general it seems contradictory to the process as we know it.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
towa was planning new emotes in a members only steam and created one that's Big Yab, which she's allowing people to use on twitter and stuff

https://i.imgur.com/kKAgUcN.png

I love Big Yab

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Vizuyos posted:

and about a 30% chance that it's some joke announcement, like when Haato made an official announcement about going Haachama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRbAa8lYBzI
For context, this was just after Aloe posted her apology video. Obviously, she wasn't making fun of her, just the situation. It's like when Fubuki announced getting a "significant other" (pet) shortly after the Towa incident.

stratego
May 6, 2007

Revolver Bunker posted:

So for Violet which is almost ready. Ina drew all the art for it. She gave chat a peek at one of the images not used but also said that they are all this level of quality.

[timg]snip[/timg]

New Emotes are done and look fabulous.

[timg]snip[/timg]

Ina does some good art, but Towa was working on some stamps earlier in the member stream and gave us permission to use this one wherever.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

So something I don't understand-why would Cover not try to produce merchandise for HoloEN that can be ordered outside of Japan without going through weird hoops? It seems like a bizarre oversight to start an English division, but still only market merch exclusively through Japanese sources.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Great question, however: have you considered

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
The same reason they got Gura singing in Japanese so much.

It's OK for Haachama to sing in english because shes speagen it but Gura doesn't speak JP?

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
HoloEN is popular outside of North America, and I would argue it's easier to ship stuff abroad from Japan than the US.

What Cover should address is this habit of only doing advance orders for their merch. It's true that storage space is at a premium in Tokyo, but they should still try to have stock on hand to ship right away.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

it kinda comes down to "holo en doesn't really exist as, like , an overseas thing so much as a division working out of the JP office". Outside of the talent themselves I'm honestly unsure if they actually have anyone working outside of JP/ maybe Indonesia.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

So something I don't understand-why would Cover not try to produce merchandise for HoloEN that can be ordered outside of Japan without going through weird hoops? It seems like a bizarre oversight to start an English division, but still only market merch exclusively through Japanese sources.
That's been almost all of Japan since Anime exploded. My friend was talking about how hard it was to legally watch an anime series she loved as a kid because they only produced the DVD set once a decade ago and it's not streaming anywhere so she's been forced to go to the secondary market or pirate it.

As far as figures and merch goes, also pretty hard to get them without some sort of middle-man. I used to collect Sentai Figuarts and even when they were releasing the "Power Rangers" series it was mostly either Japan exclusive or occasionally in-store at a Toys R Us. Again, you had to find a middle-man to buy it and ship it to you (Which wasn't all that bad because they'd often write you personalized letters and send some small snacks/toys as a thank you for using them)

My last nerdy hobby is Pro Wrestling, and trying to get ANY type of official merch is pretty impossible unless they're run by direct middle-men (Like buying shirts at Hot Topic or a one-hour print shop that somehow lucked into doing most of Japan's merch). Wrestling from Japan has slowly been opening up easy ways for foreigners to access their digital content, some are even doing English commentary for shows now but they're not investing much money into their international markets.

Japan still feels like an isolated nation to any kind of outsider, even for CDs I had to buy through middle-men because the record companies would revoke rights to digital music I purchased (LEGALLY) through Amazon and iTunes. At one point I had lost over $200 of digital music through iTunes because their Japanese publishers just pulled the rights.

If Coco's goal is to manage her own company and make it easier to access things internationally that'd be a huge leap since she's one of the most super-chatted and watched V-Tubers on the planet. No idea how much of a weeb she was prior to moving to Japan, but she's originally from the US and she's around my age so she probably experienced the same kind of frustration I had at getting any kind of official merch in America.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

it kinda comes down to "holo en doesn't really exist as, like , an overseas thing so much as a division working out of the JP office". Outside of the talent themselves I'm honestly unsure if they actually have anyone working outside of JP/ maybe Indonesia.
Apparently they did have an actual Chinese branch but I think that might be because they were required to in order to run a business out of there. There's no offices in America for the EN side though, since Marine has talked about meeting at least one of the EN Managers at their regular offices and Callie and Kiara had met their manager in person while in Japan at some point too.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 29, 2021

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.

leather fedora posted:

HoloEN is popular outside of North America, and I would argue it's easier to ship stuff abroad from Japan than the US.

Is there any way this is actually true? Japan is great and all, but its a tiny island. The US is literally the biggest economy on the planet

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

leather fedora posted:

What Cover should address is this habit of only doing advance orders for their merch. It's true that storage space is at a premium in Tokyo, but they should still try to have stock on hand to ship right away.

They use advance orders to know how many things they need to make, when merch is announced and put on sale they likely only have the final production samples for Yagoo to pose with. Then there's also the thing of people knowing that if they don't buy the thing now, they're almost certainly never going to have another chance driving sales.

antisocial democrat posted:

Is there any way this is actually true? Japan is great and all, but its a tiny island. The US is literally the biggest economy on the planet

This doesn't mean it has any kind of international shipping infrastructure, I'd figure Asia is way more set up in that respect due to China being such a gigantic center of global manufacturing. If Cover's suppliers are making stuff in China as well that can be shipped to Japan for final dispatch way easier (and probably cheaper) than if they then had to ship it to America for packing. Then the additional costs of having to set up with a distributor in the US, and what can be ridiculous costs of shipping stuff from America to anywhere outside America as any European can attest to.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 29, 2021

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Overbite posted:

It's OK for Haachama to sing in english because shes speagen it but Gura doesn't speak JP?

She’s singing in Japanese because she enjoys it though? I very much doubt someone in Cover is forcing her to sing Japanese against her will. Gura’s karaoke streams are full of her singing in Japanese despite not speaking it, I would imagine the same thing applies for an original song, she did it because it was something she enjoys

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
Aki finally gets to do another collab with her acoustic guitar friend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cywyvUW4F_k

antisocial democrat posted:

wouldn't there be all sorts of taxes and paperwork necessary to ship out of the US? that probably has something to do with it

stratego posted:

Ina does some good art, but Towa was working on some stamps earlier in the member stream and gave us permission to use this one wherever.

this stamp is Big Yab and it's Art :colbert:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Overbite posted:

What

do...do you think all indies who can't speak japanese are also under the gun

She sings japanese because she's a giant weeb, she sung Ride on Time on her debut

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I get international shipping is expensive as poo poo, but ordering stuff from Germany/UK/China has never cost me this much to the US

Anyone not in Japan somehow have cheaper shipping from EMS? Honestly curious about this

Carteret fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 29, 2021

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
EMS prices have been hosed for a year due to covid

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

astr0man posted:

EMS prices have been hosed for a year due to covid
They weren't that great before that either. I had a t-shirt sent from the UK that cost $5 in shipping and a t-shirt from Japan from a much larger company that cost $20 in shipping in the same month in early 2019.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.
Honestly if I had to guess, I'd bet Japan is one of the MOST expensive places to ship from to most of the world. I've bought stuff from the UK, EU, China, and Ukraine, and it's always a fraction of the shipping costs on Hololive merch.

antisocial democrat fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 29, 2021

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Tae posted:

What

do...do you think all indies who can't speak japanese are also under the gun

She sings japanese because she's a giant weeb, she sung Ride on Time on her debut

I'm not saying they're forcing her gosh darn ya'll pop off and burst a blood vessel like nothing dang jeez

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Stink Billyums posted:

In hololive there's about a 50% chance that an important announcement is that they got a cat

These ARE important announcements!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPjORYFSiFA

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape
I do small scale international shipping from the US. As far as paperwork goes, it's no problem. The cost, however, is absolutely eyewatering.

For example, that 2660 yen quoted above appears to be Japan Post's retail rate for EMS. Equivalent service originating in the US would be $68. A courier like Fedex starts at around $110. This would be for a standard letter/A4 size envelope.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

so without getting in the weeds in the vtuber thread, is it just a US-JP thing? Is there a reason why poo poo from Europe is so significantly cheaper?

International poo poo is outside of my wheelhouse, but if you need a Full-Truckload quote inside the US I got you

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

filthychimp posted:

I do small scale international shipping from the US. As far as paperwork goes, it's no problem. The cost, however, is absolutely eyewatering.

For example, that 2660 yen quoted above appears to be Japan Post's retail rate for EMS. Equivalent service originating in the US would be $68. A courier like Fedex starts at around $110. This would be for a standard letter/A4 size envelope.
TBF Australia and New Zealand has the same absurd costs. When a friend of mine and I exchanged a bunch of snacks in a shoebox it was close to $100 in shipping for both of us for like $40 worth of snacks. My friend in NZ has a pen pal in Japan and regular pays about $60 USD+ per package too.

I don't know why costs between Japan/Australia/NZ cost so much but it probably has something to do with them being large islands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Overbite posted:

I'm not saying they're forcing her gosh darn ya'll pop off and burst a blood vessel like nothing dang jeez

You remember her missing bread? Ya, well I kidnapped it and for ransom im forcing her to sing in japanese.

--
https://twitter.com/NABI_Niigata/status/1409708431301251076

nene is hosting a vtuber class??