Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Desperado Bones posted:

And it's killing me knowing what lead Loki to the president Loki outfit.

You mean NOT knowing, right? :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

thrawn527 posted:

You mean NOT knowing, right? :tinfoil:

LMAO oh my god my grammar

Yeah, NOT knowing.

Reminder that my mother language is Spanish and my English will go fart sometimes.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Desperado Bones posted:

Star Wars/Marvel crossover confirmed?
If they are ever going to do that I’d bet on the GOTG Holiday Special. It’s either gonna have Luke Skywalker or Santa Claus or both.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Desperado Bones posted:

LMAO oh my god my grammar

Yeah, NOT knowing.

Reminder that my mother language is Spanish and my English will go fart sometimes.

Oh, fair enough. I was just checking to see if you knew something, so I could pump you for information. :)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

live with fruit posted:

Apparently, the post credit scene for WandaVision has been slightly changed and people think it's because they refilmed it for Multiverse of Madness.
Turns out it was to remove the reflection of the crew or lights or something, and they hosed up and left the mask in place for the whole thing, so people think they added some spectral bugaboo, but it was just a new mistake replacing an old one.

mind the walrus posted:

Being real aside from the illusion projection the MCU was poo poo about establishing his powerset if they suddenly want us to go with his telekinesis.
He blew all the furniture across the room in his prison cell in The Dark World. His telekinesis was established a super long time ago.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Nitrousoxide posted:

I would think they will try to use that whenever they can. Having all your work done in camera just makes your production pipeline sooooo much simpler, even aside from the ease of acting with the final environment visible to you.

To my knowledge the only place that Disney has a Volume setup is in California whereas Loki has been filmed in Georgia. This doesn't discount the use of the Volume for Loki, but I'm not sure it has been used at all in the current Marvel shows. We'll have to wait for some Behind the Scenes to know for sure.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

Oh, fair enough. I was just checking to see if you knew something, so I could pump you for information. :)

I WISH I knew something! :lol:

Thing I think would be awesome, considering we get child Sylvie getting arrested is if we get at least a Rene Russo cameo. But I'm sure that's never gonna happen. I doubt we are ever getting another Luke Skywaler or Bo-Katan situation like in Mandalorian. :sigh:

btw, I finished watching Ragnarok. And, holy poo poo it hits the feels even worse the whole thing about Loki finally making peace with his brother and people, turning into some sort of hero (even if he destroyed his home world) and finally accepting that Thor is the rightful king of Asgard. Hopefully TVA Loki seems to be set into a similar path, minus snapped neck (let's consider that Marvel/Disney's already marketing him as an anti-hero).

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

MissMarple posted:

If they are ever going to do that I’d bet on the GOTG Holiday Special. It’s either gonna have Luke Skywalker or Santa Claus or both.

Grow the beard a little longer and stick him in the outfit and Luke Skywalker is Santa Claus:

Desperado Bones posted:

I WISH I knew something! :lol:

Thing I think would be awesome, considering we get child Sylvie getting arrested is if we get at least a Rene Russo cameo. But I'm sure that's never gonna happen. I doubt we are ever getting another Luke Skywaler or Bo-Katan situation like in Mandalorian. :sigh:

btw, I finished watching Ragnarok. And, holy poo poo it hits the feels even worse the whole thing about Loki finally making peace with his brother and people, turning into some sort of hero (even if he destroyed his home world) and finally accepting that Thor is the rightful king of Asgard. Hopefully TVA Loki seems to be set into a similar path, minus snapped neck (let's consider that Marvel/Disney's already marketing him as an anti-hero).

I think that in some ways "our" Loki has gone a little bit beyond Original Loki. He's showing unprompted interest in and concern for others. There was no obvious practical/scheme reason for Loki to do the music bits on the train and a few practical/scheme reason not to. But... maybe part of it was to have a good time. And to show the people on the train (who are about to be dead) one last bit of good time as well.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 29, 2021

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
If you're the literal personification of rebellion and told your role in the universe is to be, at best, a foil to the main characters, I think it's entirely reasonable to start doing things a bit differently just to gently caress with things. Giving a poo poo would definitely be out of character, haha, so naturally....

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Everyone posted:

Grow the beard a little longer and stick him in the outfit and Luke Skywalker is Santa Claus:

I think that in some ways "our" Loki has gone a little bit beyond Original Loki. He's showing unprompted interest in and concern for others. There was no obvious practical/scheme reason for Loki to do the music bits on the train and a few practical/scheme reason not to. But... maybe part of it was to have a good time. And to show the people on the train (who are about to be dead) one last bit of good time as well.

I like that idea about the whole drinking and singing.
And yeah, he seemed to be actually and honestly concerned about Hunter B-15's well being after Sylvie enchanted her.

Casnorf posted:

If you're the literal personification of rebellion and told your role in the universe is to be, at best, a foil to the main characters, I think it's entirely reasonable to start doing things a bit differently just to gently caress with things. Giving a poo poo would definitely be out of character, haha, so naturally....

Hahaha, that seems about right.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Parkingtigers posted:

It does seem to be done better here than in The Mandalorian though. I made the mistake of watching a behind the scenes video for Mando and once they pointed out how those wrap around rear projection screens worked I wasn't able to not see it in the finished episodes. Now I'm not someone who gets super worked up at seeing the joins in special effects, but my brain was going full "that's Chappie" everytime I saw it.

But Chappie was the polar opposite? Ergo, everything real but the robot rotoscoped in versus foreground fake but everything immediate real.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MiddleOne posted:

But Chappie was the polar opposite? Ergo, everything real but the robot rotoscoped in versus foreground fake but everything immediate real.

https://twitter.com/vineyille/status/580036338164039681

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm also falling in love with the music for the trailers and I'm wondering is those are ever gonna be released.

There will be a couple of soundtracks, looks like. First one drops on July 2.

I still need a giant art book full of costumes, props, and scenery. Love the TVA aesthetic.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Desperado Bones posted:

I like that idea about the whole drinking and singing.

I'm going with Loki somehow was manipulating her since she said something earlier about not sleeping and the episode also opened with her deceiving the TVA agent while having drinks.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Whoops.

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jun 29, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jet Jaguar posted:

There will be a couple of soundtracks, looks like. First one drops on July 2.

I still need a giant art book full of costumes, props, and scenery. Love the TVA aesthetic.

Same, it’s a wonderful look. I really appreciate that the scenes set in the TVA have this ‘dusty’ lighting look that you see in the 60/70s.

Also knowing that this track is the TVA’s theme is interesting. It’s got the grandiose air of Murray Gold’s Gallifrey theme, and it’s got the same ticking clock motif.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WezpvuNPN1M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-SBNgu1hO4

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Same, it’s a wonderful look. I really appreciate that the scenes set in the TVA have this ‘dusty’ lighting look that you see in the 60/70s.

Also knowing that this track is the TVA’s theme is interesting. It’s got the grandiose air of Murray Gold’s Gallifrey theme, and it’s got the same ticking clock motif.

I suspect Disney's got an algorithm as much as Netflix has one.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

The TVA theme even uses a theremin!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

The Magical Space Lizards poster:

https://twitter.com/LokiOfficial/status/1409874301163958272?s=19

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Looking less like Jonathan Majors.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Yeah, I think ,if he is the actual big baddie of these following phases, he is gonna be introduced Thanos' style.

btw Tom Hiddleston improvised the "Another!" line.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

quote is not edit. omg i hate my phone

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Desperado Bones posted:

Regarding the mid-season trailer
I saw these words and became extremely uncomfortable with the idea that we now live in a world where a 6 episode season of television isn't called a mini-series and 3 episodes in we get a "mid-season trailer."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

to be fair it's looking like there's gonna be a second season so "miniseries" wouldn't apply

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Six episodes is a normal and good series length. :britain:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

stev posted:

Six episodes is a normal and good series length. :britain:

Haha, I was gonna say, isn't this like most British series?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

DaveKap posted:

I saw these words and became extremely uncomfortable with the idea that we now live in a world where a 6 episode season of television isn't called a mini-series and 3 episodes in we get a "mid-season trailer."

Eh, I'm already used to it.
BBC's Sherlock was a 3 episode show (1 hour each). It was a hit, until it downgraded to poo poo.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Arist posted:

to be fair it's looking like there's gonna be a second season so "miniseries" wouldn't apply

The entire Marvel Cinematic universe is just one very long anthology TV-series.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

DaveKap posted:

I mean they basically film a 7-8 hour long MCU movie and then show it an hour at a time, I'm okay with this

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

DaveKap posted:

You get a new trailer for every episode in the MCU, and those episodes are only maybe 2 hours a pop. How is this any different? Hell, most TV shows have a next episode preview.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

tsob posted:

You get a new trailer for every episode in the MCU, and those episodes are only maybe 2 hours a pop. How is this any different? Hell, most TV shows have a next episode preview.

I'd support all MCU next episode trailers being done in the "Mad Men" format where it is a 20-second series of stream of consciousness fast cuts with quick cuts of characters speaking one random word in the middle of a dialogue that reveals literally nothing about the next episode.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

This is cross promotion I can get behind.
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1409934697963139075

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I'm SO ready for the Loki/What We do in the Shadows crossover.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

MiddleOne posted:

The entire Marvel Cinematic universe is just one very long anthology TV-series.

I'd like to find lots of tv shows with the budgets of MCU movies.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I hope this doesn't end with infinite loki's standing triumphantly together in front of big lizard men.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I’m all for Lokie Daytona, Regular Asgardian Bartender.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

The World Inferno posted:

I hope this doesn't end with infinite loki's standing triumphantly together in front of big lizard men.

all sorts of different lokis, even one that turned himself into a pickle

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Disco Loki?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Kunabomber posted:

all sorts of different lokis, even one that turned himself into a pickle

Funniest poo poo I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

The only thing I could think about watching Ep. 3 was that these guards/mooks must be getting paid millions of spacebucks and/or are brainwashed because why the gently caress would you bother fighting these two random people when a literal planet is crashing into you and debris/meteors are annihilating everything around you.