Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Laterite posted:

You do get to see Maureen Ponderosa's boobs multiple times so who's to say whether it's good or bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/_katya_long/status/1409380986551300099

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

You mean every hour isn’t power hour?

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

demons torturing people for all eternity have more dignity than Amazon managers

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GDK92DNLSGWTV6MP

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Endorphins are your friend

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

mistermojo posted:

demons torturing people for all eternity have more dignity than Amazon managers

well of course they do, the demons have forever

amazon managers have their daily stats to think about

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

just wait until satan starts introducing performance metrics and stack rankings

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Satan is my trans gf and I will not be answering any questions

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

Satan is my trans gf and I will not be answering any questions

None come to mind.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Cold on a Cob posted:

im told it’s not just that they’re focused on white women but that they’re all affluent too so the plots are all ennui poo poo like “can’t find a good nanny” etc etc

sounds boring

There's been what, maybe two shows in the entire history of television about people who aren't rich, that's hardly unexpected

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

atelier morgan posted:

There's been what, maybe two shows in the entire history of television about people who aren't rich, that's hardly unexpected

This is so wrong I don't know where to start

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Failed Imagineer posted:

This is so wrong I don't know where to start

Housing is really expensive now, so retroactively every character that lived in a house is rich. Waltons? Rich. Dukes of Hazard? Rich. All in the Family? They actually paid off their mortgage during the run of the show, hella rich.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Facebook Aunt posted:

Housing is really expensive now, so retroactively every character that lived in a house is rich. Waltons? Rich. Dukes of Hazard? Rich. All in the Family? They actually paid off their mortgage during the run of the show, hella rich.

When I watched Oz I factored the property value of the prison complex into their individual wealth, so it was actually a fascinating insight into the 1%

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Facebook Aunt posted:

The Simpsons started off as a family struggling to keep their heads above water in the post-Reagan USA, and now that Homer is an elder millennial he owns a single family 4 bedroom home (let's say its about 2500 sq ft but it could easily be 3,000 or more) and 2 cars with 3 kids. All on a single income and without a college degree.

They're HENRYs by every definition of the word in 2021.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

*boardmemberishly* why aren't we doing more power hours?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The Nastier Nate posted:

The Simpsons started off as a family struggling to keep their heads above water in the post-Reagan USA, and now that Homer is an elder millennial he owns a single family 4 bedroom home (let's say its about 2500 sq ft but it could easily be 3,000 or more) and 2 cars with 3 kids. All on a single income and without a college degree.

Lampshading that is part of the Grimey episode

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Splicer posted:

Lampshading that is part of the Grimey episode

yeah this is why the grimey episode is one of the best ones

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

The Nastier Nate posted:

What is a HENRY

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

camoseven posted:

What is a HENRY

High Earner, Not Rich Yet, a label that bougie/PMC types apply to themselves when they're making a ton of money but can't afford a private jet

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

atelier morgan posted:

This is really wrong.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah this is why the grimey episode is one of the best ones

I’ve heard it described as The Last Good Episode

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Lpzie posted:

*boardmemberishly* why aren't we doing more power hours?

I love the idea of "power hours". How do we get more production? What if we over work the over worked employees? Like they don't let employees use the rest room on the normal hours. How much more power do they expect to get out these "power hours"?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

Homer is an elder millennial

His dad is a world war 2 veteran, I don't think he's a millennial by even the most generous definitions

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Facebook Aunt posted:

Charlie Kelly does not own a house.

Shame Boy posted:

His dad is a world war 2 veteran, I don't think he's a millennial by even the most generous definitions

he wrote it confusingly. consider that Homer Simpson was "born" in 1987.

DR FRASIER KRANG has issued a correction as of 16:18 on Jun 29, 2021

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

camoseven posted:

What is a HENRY

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

Shame Boy posted:

When the Simpsons first began airing Homer would've been born in 1953.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shame Boy posted:

Yet Homer is 39 in TYOOL 2021.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Shwqa posted:

I love the idea of "power hours". How do we get more production? What if we over work the over worked employees? Like they don't let employees use the rest room on the normal hours. How much more power do they expect to get out these "power hours"?

Maybe they just need another worker culling bc they havent met their turnover goals yet

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Shame Boy posted:

His high school prom was literally a disco in the 70s. His kids grew up in the 80s. He's a boomer.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

see: all the casual mansions every sitcom family lived in

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PhilippAchtel posted:

His high school prom was literally a disco in the 70s. His kids grew up in the 80s. He's a boomer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_%2790s_Show :getin:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

*sticks fingers in ears*

I can't hear you!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

PhilippAchtel posted:

actually his kids grew up in the 2000s

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Referencing season 19 retcons? Mods?!?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

indigi posted:

actually his kids grew up in the 2000s

Actually his kids never grew up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
actually they’re cartoons

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

indigi posted:

actually they’re cartoons

hosed up if true.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shame Boy posted:

I’m 38

Homer is somewhere between 36 and 39 years old

I haven’t watched much of Simpson’s after like season 15 but at some point they need to retcon Skinner to either an Iraq/Afghanistan vet (or a gulf war vet) and grandpa to A Vietnam vet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

the simpsons is a monument to the concept that "All good things must come to an end", a huge, dying husk of a sitcom that has become so immense that it doesn't cycle through staff and ideas so much as accrete them, and eventually when it has become sufficiently massive it will collapse into a singularity and rip a hole through the fabric of network television