Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Flannelette posted:

I didn't see the butt patt. As bad as sexual harassment and verbal abuse is I would have drawn much worse situations people are forced into by labor exploitation (even in just Japan).

She's on a train in the second one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Isn't getting groped on a train in Japan something that their society is on right board with fighting now.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the japanese truely live in a society

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

spacetoaster posted:

There's a gameshow where you have to contort yourself to fit through a shape on a fast approaching wall. If you don't, you get knocked into a pit of something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DYJXSSgW08&t=38s

I believe the artist is saying that workers must contort themselves for their jobs, or get fired.

Ohhhh okay. I suppose it's a good try but it's just a clumsy allegory in a rather noisy piece of art. I kept focusing on SAFE ZONE and wondering why the lady would want to leave it for such harsh environs.

We are too late

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I think it's trying too hard to evoke the game show image. PLAY HERE might actually work better? Idk, it's not great

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Flannelette posted:

I didn't see the butt patt. As bad as sexual harassment and verbal abuse is I would have drawn much worse situations people are forced into by labor exploitation (even in just Japan).

I'm fairly certain it's about the treatment of women specifically in the workforce in Japan: being submissive to an abusive male boss, dealing with ostracism and bullying (often from other women who are forced to participate in and enforce a social hierarchy wherein one's standing is perceived as a zero-sum game), and the constant possibility of public sexual harassment with little available recourse being an implicitly understood part of commuting on public transportation.

I know we're all woke anti-capitalists here all championing for the cause labor, but I get the impression that this was more of a statement on being forced to confirm to a culture of gender inequality than a meditation on the plight of an exploited proletariat.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
The artist tried to go for something more subtle than PHONES BAD. Guess that makes them too complex for this thread.

"Mondrian In the Age of Dysfunction"

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Time_pants posted:

I know we're all woke anti-capitalists here all championing for the cause labor, but I get the impression that this was more of a statement on being forced to confirm to a culture of gender inequality than a meditation on the plight of an exploited proletariat.

It's called intersectionalism. Sexual repression and exploitation, racism, and other vectors of oppression and bigotry are inextricably linked to capital.

Women weren't "allowed" to leave the kitchen because of liberation, but because the fires of greed demand more bodies to consume.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Making a commentary on institutionalized sexism but doing it with an anime babe because it's the only way you know how to draw women, really deep poo poo here.

Basically on the same level of all that art about how bad homophobia is but all the characters are :furcry:.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Playing video games makes my rear end one with the Earth? Cool.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Screaming Idiot posted:

It's called intersectionalism. Sexual repression and exploitation, racism, and other vectors of oppression and bigotry are inextricably linked to capital.

Women weren't "allowed" to leave the kitchen because of liberation, but because the fires of greed demand more bodies to consume.

Okay, but in this case, it seems like "intersectionality" is being applied as a way deliberately paper over the artist's actual intent.

That said, I do take your point.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Cobalt-60 posted:

The artist tried to go for something more subtle than PHONES BAD. Guess that makes them too complex for this thread.

:v:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

how is the couple with the rubiks cube heads not a Perry Bible Fellowship strip?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I kinda like the one with the zoo animal graffiti

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Making a commentary on institutionalized sexism but doing it with an anime babe because it's the only way you know how to draw women, really deep poo poo here.

Basically on the same level of all that art about how bad homophobia is but all the characters are :furcry:.

Japanese artist: *draws a picture about the problems facing women in society, incorporating Japanese cultural references*

Internet commentators: *Ha Ha ANIME lol*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cobalt-60 posted:

Japanese artist: *draws a picture about the problems facing women in society, incorporating Japanese cultural references*

You've just replied to Sleeveless, lmao. Now that says a lot about out society.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Cobalt-60 posted:

I don't get it, the guillotine will just cut him in the butt, for the king at worst give him a haircut.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Robo Reagan posted:

the japanese truely live in a society

Indeed

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

I do often wonder what furries do in their non fursuit time to have the disposable income to support such indulgence.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Panfilo posted:

I do often wonder what furries do in their non fursuit time to have the disposable income to support such indulgence.

99% of the time its gotta be IT consultants

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Panfilo posted:

Trading on the stock meerkat

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Dont Touch ME posted:

Intent is actually illusory. It's not real, it's a post-hoc heuristic.

Reality is an illusion. Your idea is an illusion. This forum, illusion. Me, illusion. You, same. Shut the gently caress up, nietzsche.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Wizard Master fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Mar 3, 2021

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Instead of drawing a CRT TV with rabbit ears, I'll draw a computer monitor and write the letters "TV" on it.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVD9be5HyJk

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Holy gently caress way to conflate the physically disabled with "lesser/lazier." I wanna give that artist what for I tells ya.

(for real though that's lovely)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
How's that loser going to flip the pages huh? That monitor has the Epub with zoom function.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

mind the walrus posted:

Holy gently caress way to conflate the physically disabled with "lesser/lazier." I wanna give that artist what for I tells ya.

People also do not choose to be stupid.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Weka posted:

People also do not choose to be stupid.

*eyeing QAnon Twitter*

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

mind the walrus posted:

Agree. This picture really shows the artist as an evil shitheel.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Philip Guston painted this in 1969

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cat Hassler posted:

Philip Guston painted this in 1969

Man racism was bad back then.

Luckily it has all been solved now in modern times.

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

TikTok is a joint, Better Call Saul is the lighter and baby, I'm about to get loving zoooted

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Telebite posted:

is that jennifer aniston

It's Cardi B ranting about Coronavirus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KIUok5PcUY

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.