Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Oh, the QCS thread was litigating multiple posts from here, but that certainly makes far more sense in the context. That reference was so minor I thought he was referring to Autismos post, since it was entirely about a girlfriend. Carry on, thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

How in the name of god does that set off racism alarms?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

interracial marriage is extremely racist

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

by banging them with hammers

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

d0s posted:

interracial marriage is extremely racist

oh no,, my secret

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Have fewer children, post more pigs.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What in the ever loving gently caress lol.

Shits wild real wild.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

MarcusSA posted:

What in the ever loving gently caress lol.

Shits wild real wild.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Out of context it sounds a lot like "I can't be racist because my totally real black friend says [excuse for racism here]"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Out of context it sounds a lot like "my totally read black friend says [excuse for racism here]"

How is it racist to assume that Chinese emigrants may not have issues with the Chinese govt for whatever reasons?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Representing the development trend of Chinathread's advanced no why forces.
Representing the orientation of Chinathread's advanced chabuduo.
Representing the fundamental disdain for bone shards of the overwhelming majority of Chinathread posters.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

lmao that the straw that broke the pigs back was Shumagorath mentioning his Chinese ex-wife, I wonder how many posts that mod has in /r/aznidentity to be that salty about wmaf :laugh:

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Alright I'm now a loremaster and QCS people are pretty legit unhinged, but tbf Shumagorath dropping "my ex was Chinese" and "I'm studying mandarin" as a defense was lol a real bad idea and indeed perhaps indicative of lacking the ability to modulate tone for sensitive poo poo like this.

The whole crux of the issue being him humorously phrasing that they should take action against markets that sell wild animals because they can be disease reservoirs, and people claiming that's racist, is pretty funny considering that the Chinese government literally is and has in the past took action against markets that sell wild animals because they can be disease reservoirs.

I will say that I also made a bit of a hmmmmm at Brigadier Sensible's post a few pages ago and I'm not surprised to see that show up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Out of context it sounds a lot like "I can't be racist because my totally real black friend says [excuse for racism here]"

Is this a real take?

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Let's stop talking about how a wild animal market might be unsanitary and how we might be studying mandarin, that poo poo's racist af, can we please get some IMF charts indicating that poverty no longer exists in China and the occasional propaganda song with tanks rolling along in the background in here please?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
So, when the tankies are all talking about how there's too much politics in this thread, and that's why it should be moved to one of their forums so it can be gassed for organ removal appropriately moderated, they're talking about people pointing out that there's a genocide happening, or hong kong largely not actually wanting to be subsumed into an authoritarian dictatorship, right?

Or is that all the racism in this thread filling up my brain, the racism of a meme started in China about Daddy Xi resembling a cartoon bear actually being an example of CIA-funded super racism based on his having "yellow skin", as I saw one QCS post propose, and also I'm apparently secretly an American and didn't know it until now, because everyone in this thread is American, unlike the "political" forum posters, none of whom are American?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

d0s posted:

lmao that the straw that broke the pigs back was Shumagorath mentioning his Chinese ex-wife, I wonder how many posts that mod has in /r/aznidentity to be that salty about wmaf :laugh:

Yes why would a black man be sensitive to someone pulling the "but my friend is (minority)!" shtick.

gently caress man you just got me to defend fluffdaddy and I can't stand the guy but that is a massive dogwhistle, and then doubling down with "sorry gotta get my mandarin duolingo points!"

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

gently caress man you just got me to defend fluffdaddy and I can't stand the guy but that is a massive dogwhistle, and then doubling down with "sorry gotta get my mandarin duolingo points!"

It's not a dogwhistle unless it's actually trying to indicate stuff to racists or push racist beliefs, it's just a really really dumb defense that's meaningless and looks bad.

It's worth noting that QCS posters really don't understand the context of this thread or its posters, or know cool stuff like how there's people who don't post here any more because they have specific material reason to think their lives could be in danger from the Chinese secret police, and how that influences the attitudes of people here.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
Are interracial children racist? Because I really don't know what to do about that, I'm pretty sure I could take out the boy but the girl is bigger and fitter than me and she's mean.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Lmao whatever you do don't mention anything that might explain your perspective and background. China? Never even heard of 'er!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Things that set off alarms for the admins: saying you have a chinese ex-girlfriend
Things that don't set off alarms: calling for priests and nuns to be hanged and churches to be burned down

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

anyway to get this thread back on track, i just searched "china" on youtube and here's literally the latest video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKxPT5GJWiw

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The Great Autismo! posted:

your friendly reminder that the uyghur girl I dated from xinjiang in 2012 simply vanished off all internet in 2018 and her friends don’t even know where she is

there may be a solid reason for it, however, given the nature of the situation in xinjiang, I am personally a bit trigger happy to tell people to loving eat poo poo when they come in with their absurd “well wait is this being funding by the CIA and it’s what they want u to think” absolute loving nonsense

That sucks dude. I had a couple Uyghur friends vanish, one of them is still gone. Another managed to get word out through mutual friends that he was released and is okay, but for obvious reasons it's too dangerous for him to talk to any foreigners so he can't contact me again. Which sucks but totally understandable, just glad he's safe. For now, anyway.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

QCS hates this thread holy gently caress

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 29, 2021

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

TheWorldsaStage posted:

It’s all sophistry, but I think the irony they use lovely debate club tactics like Lil Ben Shapiro and fake outrage harder than Fox News pretending to care about Dr Seuss books and Mr Potato Head is probably lost on them.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Have you ever dealt with an HOA and realized that it's made up entirely of petty useless people worried that the wrong kinds of people are going to ruin the character of the neighborhood so they have to get you first? QCS is the HOA of SA.

Schweinhund posted:

Things that set off alarms for the admins: saying you have a chinese ex-girlfriend
Things that don't set off alarms: calling for priests and nuns to be hanged and churches to be burned down

It's not racist is the Uyghurs are a barbaric people being freed from their terrible societal moors by the enlightened Han apparently.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Marxism is anti-racist therefore disagreeing with marxists makes you racist. QED.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

After finding paperwork proving family status via an old family credit system document prior to the re-introduction of capitalism* and a second document elaborating that in the local dialect the names are the same I go now to rejoin my family.

Goodbye thread.

*Official family status: Farmers, Poor

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Barudak posted:

After finding paperwork proving family status via an old family credit system document prior to the re-introduction of capitalism* and a second document elaborating that in the local dialect the names are the same I go now to rejoin my family.

Goodbye thread.

Congratulations on having the documentation that you exist.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The junk collector posted:

Have you ever dealt with an HOA and realized that it's made up entirely of petty useless people worried that the wrong kinds of people are going to ruin the character of the neighborhood so they have to get you first? QCS is the HOA of SA.

All it takes is a thread and enough of the same posters and boom. There has to be a better system.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door

Barudak posted:

Goodbye thread.

Hope you endure the quarantine OK. I have my visa in hand, have been umming and aahing about actually crossing the hard border from China (HK) to China ('s mainland) for about a month. Three weeks stuck in a hotel room with a restless three year old is not something I really want to do.

EDIT: China really is loving HK over with its closed border on purpose.
Total cases in Hong Kong over the past month? Four, zero community spread. But if you want to travel to big daddy China you need to quarantine for three weeks.
Total cases in Guangdong province over the past month? Over a hundred, limited community spread. If you want to travel outside the province or come to HK or Macau all you need is a negative test, no quarantine.

One country two systems really does still exist!

Rabelais D fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 29, 2021

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Hacking for China, they'll never know what hit them!

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

LimburgLimbo posted:

The whole crux of the issue being him humorously phrasing that they should take action against markets that sell wild animals because they can be disease reservoirs, and people claiming that's racist, is pretty funny considering that the Chinese government literally is and has in the past took action against markets that sell wild animals because they can be disease reservoirs.

Known racists, the World Health Organisation

https://twitter.com/doctorkarl/status/1241602531366539266

EimiYoshikawa posted:

So, when the tankies are all talking about how there's too much politics in this thread, and that's why it should be moved to one of their forums so it can be gassed for organ removal appropriately moderated, they're talking about people pointing out that there's a genocide happening, or hong kong largely not actually wanting to be subsumed into an authoritarian dictatorship, right?

It's one of the oldest forum tactics. poo poo up a thread with all of your mates until it becomes known as a "problem" thread, or in this case "political", then whinge to the mods and admins that it needs to be closed and hope none of them bother to take the time to see that the same group making GBS threads up the thread is the one complaining how bad it's gotten.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 29, 2021

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Wasn't that a GBS tactic at one point? Or am I mixing it up with FYAD.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Known racists, the World Health Organisation

The other quip you can make is "known anti-Chinese organization, the CCP" because it's both ironic and literally true after a fashion, considering their body count and past history of trying to literally erase much of Chinese culture.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

WarpedNaba posted:

Wasn't that a GBS tactic at one point? Or am I mixing it up with FYAD.

I know fyad used to do it against threads in other subforums but it's been like a decade since I heard about it

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

TheWorldsaStage posted:

All it takes is a thread and enough of the same posters and boom. There has to be a better system.

It doesn’t help that Fluffdaddy is an easily triggered moron who only cares about making the people posting in QCS quiet and will take everything they say at face value.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

I know fyad used to do it against threads in other subforums but it's been like a decade since I heard about it

They (CSPAM) did it to the rental property thread in QCS over a year ago and we still aren’t allowed another thread.

They also successfully got Cyrano4747 de-admined on like their 3rd attempt. They try to get TFR and the military forum banned like quarterly.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

ili posted:

The CSPAM genocide-denial derail is boring, I still want to understand what's the go with moaning about bones in your meat. Do you just absolutely hork your food down, double-fisting it like a seppo going to town on a big plate of nuggies? It's not hard to eat around the bones or to spit out the little bits.

It’s when the shards are mixed in with noodles or rice. Like shards around other decent sized chunks of meat, whatever. Shards while I’m happily chomping down on noodles? gently caress that poo poo. I’ll buy from the other stalls that don’t chop the bones into itty bitty pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

cspam and mao are right about one thing: landlords suck