Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Barudak posted:

He was extremely good in his bit role in the Reno 911 movie and makes a good villain in the otherwise pretty poo poo Get Smart film from the 2000s.. He's also good in the Run Down.

The scorpion king? poo poo

The Rundown is an extremely good movie, and Seann William Scott and Dwayne play off each other really well. Stiffler is a better actor than most people give him credit, but part of that is because his entry into the cultural zeitgeist involves him drinking beer with jizz in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I immediately regret this snype

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Wasn't he also in that extremely weird film about someone doing community service by babysitting larpers?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Breetai posted:

Wasn't he also in that extremely weird film about someone doing community service by babysitting larpers?
Role Models, yeah

I remember finding that a lot funnier than I expected

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Cubone posted:

Role Models, yeah

I was baffled to the point of frustration that I enjoyed it as much as I did.

It was on paper an absolute trash fire that I'm stunned got beyond elevator pitch stage let alone greenlit.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Cubone posted:

Role Models, yeah

Role Models loving OWNS. It shouldn't work, but the collection of funny people they got for it (Scott, Rudd, McLovin, Banks, Jeong, Bobb'e J. Thompson, Lynch, etc.) made that movie work.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
lmao @ whoever got me that purpletext. Well done, Bastion Booger Brigade!

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Southland Tales is a good example of The Rock doing a terrible job but it not mattering because every last actor is just gnawing on scenery the whole drat movie

Seann William Scott actually does pretty okay in that movie, come to think of it

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

lmao @ whoever got me that purpletext. Well done, Bastion Booger Brigade!

:cheers:

That is the fabulous PRIZE promised for winning the quiz challenge.

Bogus Adventure posted:

The Rundown is an extremely good movie, and Seann William Scott and Dwayne play off each other really well. Stiffler is a better actor than most people give him credit, but part of that is because his entry into the cultural zeitgeist involves him drinking beer with jizz in it.

I will watch The Rundown any time. Lotta fun.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

QT shows up in Rampage for like one millisecond for absolutely no reason.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How many blockbuster movies have you been in, Cody?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Incredible. Big Bicep Tony doing galaxy brain subversive cross promotion of AEW: Rampage, 3 years before series debut

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

lmao

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Koko was such a badass in the territories before Vince turned him into the happy-go-lucky parrot guy.

Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KmTdsLMyG0

Holy gently caress this is incredible

e: Also we can't talk about wrestlers in movies and not discuss Terry Funk. Motherfucker was in Road House! And also smart enough to know that having a SAG card gets you a whole lot more union benefits than a wrestling promotion contract does.

A Pack of Kobolds fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 28, 2021

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Piper was another one who learned that if you have an active SAG card you get great health insurance.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Undertaker in Suburban Commando really messed with my head as a kid. Why wouldn't they credit him, surely his name would be an extra draw!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

e: Also we can't talk about wrestlers in movies and not discuss Terry Funk. Motherfucker was in Road House! And also smart enough to know that having a SAG card gets you a whole lot more union benefits than a wrestling promotion contract does.

Terry Funk loving owns, and I love him

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

mallratcal posted:

Piper was another one who learned that if you have an active SAG card you get great health insurance.

Hello Comes To Frogtown is a classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7ouC--Yr2E

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Cubone posted:

looked it up
sounds like a mess

hogan suffered a knee injury at spring stampede
when he came back, nash helped him cheat to take the title off randy savage, but then nash turned on him, and he entered a feud with nash (not sure what happened to savage?)
he continued wearing the nwo colors for a bit, but then at some point had a backstage segment with his son and went back to red and yellow

this is incredibly confusing to me, because, if somebody's out with an injury, I'm pretty sure you literally don't have to do anything for him to be a babyface when he comes back?

two months later he was out again in a bizarre work-shoot with sting where he came out in street clothes, whispered something to sting, and laid down. sting pinned him without the bell ever ringing, and somehow goldberg ended the night as champion
hogan was gone for four months, then was another bizarre work shoot where jarrett laid down for hogan, hogan called russo a piece of poo poo, russo called hogan bald, and accounts vary on what was planned and who went off script, but hogan pressed charges against russo and was never seen on wcw tv again

late-stage wcw :baduk:

Thank you kind person

Breetai posted:

I was baffled to the point of frustration that I enjoyed it as much as I did.

It was on paper an absolute trash fire that I'm stunned got beyond elevator pitch stage let alone greenlit.

For a few years I think anything even remotely connected to Judd Apatow got greenlit.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Toaster Beef posted:

Southland Tales is a good example of The Rock doing a terrible job but it not mattering because every last actor is just gnawing on scenery the whole drat movie

Seann William Scott actually does pretty okay in that movie, come to think of it

Southland Tales relentlessly owns

"I'm a pimp, and pimps don't commit suicide."

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The Rock channeling big Brian Wilson anxiety disorder energy was beautiful

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
The Rock and Karen Gillan, inhabited by two turbo nerds, awkwardly trying to make out is hilarious and incredible.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Simone Magus posted:

Southland Tales relentlessly owns

"I'm a pimp, and pimps don't commit suicide."

It's one of my favorites. Just a totally buck wild fever dream from start to finish.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I liked Triple H's random appearance in The Bernie Mac show where Jordan kept calling him up and annoying him. His best role was being the walking diaper stain in Blade Trinity.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Reading through this thread has been a goddamn trip. First off, Eclipse12, thank you, your Raw Reports have been a slobberknocker of nostalgia. I loved watching WWF as a kid, and my Dad took me to see a house show for my birthday one year. We went to our local minor-league hockey arena, and I got to watch Big Boss Man wrestle The Undertaker. Little kid me thought Undertaker looked about 12 feet tall in person.
When I got a bit older, my family had a cable descrambler box, so I could have all my wrestling nerd friends over to watch PPVs and play Magic cards. I stopped watching in the Attitude Era, having decided that I was Too Mature To Watch That Fake Crap.
I've enjoyed watching the clips posted in the thread, and it's got me interested in watching AEW.

Favourite Wrestler Cameo: King Kong Bundy on Married With Children. He appeared first as one of Peggy's hick cousins, and then later on as himself.

I saw Test in person once. I used to work at Wendy's, and he came through the drive through one night. He realized that I recognized him, and gave me a bit of a grin and nod as he took his food.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Zombie Guy posted:

Favourite Wrestler Cameo: King Kong Bundy on Married With Children. He appeared first as one of Peggy's hick cousins, and then later on as himself.

My favorite is Randy Savage on Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. I liked it so much, I did this a few years ago.

https://twitter.com/Gavin4L/status/1294375364169539585

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bogus Adventure posted:

I liked Triple H's random appearance in The Bernie Mac show where Jordan kept calling him up and annoying him. His best role was being the walking diaper stain in Blade Trinity.

I like the part in blade 3 where Ryan Reynolds theorizes that HHH is finger banging the little dog he always carries around.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Simone Magus posted:

There's pretty credible rumors that this was a work, or are you just keeping kayfabe too?

Sorry, was a few pages behind but nope, not a work. One was being an idiot and the other a dickhead, both are exceptionally fired.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

mfcrocker posted:

Sorry, was a few pages behind but nope, not a work. One was being an idiot and the other a dickhead, both are exceptionally fired.

That's depressing :( it sounds like Lamotta was genuinely sorry but Atlas was just a complete rear end in a top hat

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
Wrestler cameo wise I remember finding it funny that Vader was that one kid's dad on Boy Meets World

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

Terry Funk loving owns, and I love him

:hai:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Everybody loves Rowdy Roddy Piper in They Live, and rightly so but has anybody seen his OTHER masterpiece?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Vince MechMahon posted:

I like the part in blade 3 where Ryan Reynolds theorizes that HHH is finger banging the little dog he always carries around.

Seems like something Triple H would do, that fucker

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Everybody loves Rowdy Roddy Piper in They Live, and rightly so but has anybody seen his OTHER masterpiece?

I own that specific blu-ray and did an essay about it in a screenwriting class in film school.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Scroll up for a treat!

HOLY poo poo

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

We're through the looking glass here people.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Simone Magus posted:

That's depressing :( it sounds like Lamotta was genuinely sorry but Atlas was just a complete rear end in a top hat

Yeah pretty much, though Lamotta needs to do better after being told multiple times including directly being called out in the ring by MV Young

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I guess Darby Allin is going to be getting hosed up in the new Jackass movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UibbYlgjxwk