Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

SlimGoodbody posted:

It's useful when you need to get a bow churl off a tower while you deal with an Abyss Mage or a mitachurl, but yeah it's broadly a mechanic that maybe could've used more time in the kitchen. Like, knocking an enemy off a tall place should kill them, not respawn them in the same place with full health.

This isn't knockback related but there are a couple of Fatui skirmishers camping on a ruin in the SW of Liyue who, if you don't kill them really fast, will fall half off, dawdle around and then respawn with full health. It's a bullshit mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Mobile players have it even worse. Yeah, bow and arrow are pretty hit or miss for the weak spot.

Geo MC can put down rocks that allow then to melee their eyeballs.

Mobile arrows aren't that bad; I find controller worse. Mobile arrows can use the phone's gyro to help aim, and you can enter aiming mode by holding down shoot (I didn't realize this at first and thought I had to actually pretty a different button just to aim).

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Mobile arrows aren't that bad; I find controller worse. Mobile arrows can use the phone's gyro to help aim, and you can enter aiming mode by holding down shoot (I didn't realize this at first and thought I had to actually pretty a different button just to aim).

Like with many controls they take a bit of learning to get used to them. I play exclusively mobile and don't have a problem with the occasional aimed shot, but also would find it way easier with a pc and mouse. I'm not sure how I would do if I was using a character who used aimed shots routinely.

The balloon shooting game for the event earlier this year was a bit tedious though.

tpg0007
Aug 4, 2009
Official Japanese channel just posted this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRvN4RcdqEA. Dunno what the occasion is.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

tpg0007 posted:

Official Japanese channel just posted this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRvN4RcdqEA. Dunno what the occasion is.

Huh. TIL that the JP version spells and pronounces Kaeya's name with a G, like the G in "guy."

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
It looked like kind of a generic game ad. I have no idea what anyone is saying, but I assume the whole thing started with "Mondstadt is the best!"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The occasion is that Klee's about to go back to jail for a long time

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Bloody Emissary posted:

Huh. TIL that the JP version spells and pronounces Kaeya's name with a G, like the G in "guy."

really sad we were robbed of an ice dude named gaia

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tae posted:

The occasion is that Klee's about to go back to jail for a long time

I hope you enjoy this I spent entire minutes on it.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

tpg0007 posted:

Lisa Oba-....Nee Chan. Close one Klee

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Tae posted:

Ayaka's dash also solves the problem of chasing since it's a elemental dash so it's fast, she can attack out of it fast, and you regain stamina on a hit with the dash attack.

Yeah, she needs to dash every ~5s or something to keep her cryo infusion going.

Skill use also buffs her normal and CA damage by a good chunk, so not using it will probably be wrong.

tpg0007
Aug 4, 2009

Harrow posted:

I just finished up the Dainsleif quests and the last scene was pretty interesting.

It was kind of funny how they had your sibling just call your character by their canon name. Definitely a better solution to a renameable protagonist than "not even your sibling says your name out loud" though it did make me wish I could just change my character's name to Aether so he's not going by some kind of weird pseudonym to everyone else. (Google says you can change your Traveler's name but the option doesn't appear to be there for me so :shrug:)

Mihoyo occasionally disables the ability to change name and signature for various reasons that only those within China's jurisdiction can fathom. I expect it to come back after the upcoming 100th anniversary of the CCP.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Full gacha analysis: https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/497840

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
What the hell? I had to reinstall GI on my phone and when I finished and loaded up the game it didn’t load up my character and instead started me on a new game. And now I can’t figure out how to go back to my old character.

Edit: was logging into wrong Server dub

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jun 29, 2021

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I was leaning towards pulling for Kazuha and now after watching some early impressions videos from the Asia server... yeah holy poo poo this dude looks fun as hell and I'm probably skipping the next couple of characters so what else am I gonna use these saved-up wishes for

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Harrow posted:

I was leaning towards pulling for Kazuha and now after watching some early impressions videos from the Asia server... yeah holy poo poo this dude looks fun as hell and I'm probably skipping the next couple of characters so what else am I gonna use these saved-up wishes for

That's my feeling too. Stylish man wins all wishes.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

For me it's more like I've saved up 10k+ primos since Eula, and 2/3 of the four stars on the banner aren't max constellation. Systems are go. Can't save any more.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
As an fyi, Kazuha only buffs the element he swirls rather than all party members' individual elements. (I know a lot of people suspected this.)

I don't love the design of his EM scaling so if I don't adore him in the trial I'll probably skip. It's a shame his buff doesn't scale with attack or crit.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Realistically yeah there's probably not much I can do with Kazuha that I couldn't do with Sucrose instead but I just think the way Kazuha does things looks really fun. The elemental damage buff seems powerful (I also just assumed it was just for the element he swirled) but not game-changing.

I'm pulling for the Fun Factor basically

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
No spoilers, but any leaks of new costumes? yes/no

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

ninjoatse.cx posted:

No spoilers, but any leaks of new costumes? yes/no

Not so far, no.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the hot new leak is ayaka's c6 getting nerfed

lol

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

No Wave posted:

As an fyi, Kazuha only buffs the element he swirls rather than all party members' individual elements. (I know a lot of people suspected this.)

I don't love the design of his EM scaling so if I don't adore him in the trial I'll probably skip. It's a shame his buff doesn't scale with attack or crit.

So am I correct in thinking Kazuha is best used in single element comps, while Sucrose is better in reaction based comps where everyone wants her EM buff?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Theoretically yes, that's what people have been thinking. I'm sure Kazuha is fine in either though, his +dmg isnt far off from sucrose's effect even in reaction comps.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Glazius posted:

You can probably get through the worst of it by tactically using Noelle, though she hasn't got the Zhong uptime and you might need to buy time with Diona or Xinyan. Actually attempting to brazen through it with Crystallize crystals isn't going to work too well. If you get frustrated when Boreas body-blocks you from picking them up, the absolute unit that is Azdaha is going to make you burst a bloodvessel.
I was asking about Azdaha. I was fighting him with no geo, it really sucked. Took forever.

Kale
May 14, 2010

That makes a lot of sense actually with how people seem to have a lot of luck doing 10 pulls till 70 or so and then just one pulls from then beyond. I can probably relax a little bit on saving for Ayaka now since I have about 135 Intertwined fate or so worth of primo gems and actual IF's and a pretty easy way to get about 15-20 more (not counting commissions and blessing of the welkin moon) over the next month from stardust and Genesis Crystals (which I'm not sure how I have since I never bought any) and that's not counting what I haven't gotten from this session of the Abyss and various chests and quests I still haven't done though I'm finally running out of the latter now.

I've been thinking of trying my luck at getting Rosaria but also don't want to risk triggering the 5* draw early or loving myself resource wise for Ayaka either. Something like two 10 pulls towards the end of this banner seems reasonable.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Kale posted:

Genesis Crystals (which I'm not sure how I have since I never bought any)

Welkin gives you 300 if you've bought it.

Kale
May 14, 2010

MajorBonnet posted:

Welkin gives you 300 if you've bought it.

Yeah I somehow managed to buy three of them accidentally in May when I had my PS4 controller plugged into my PC and didn't realize it was still synced to the PS4 too. Somehow managed to press the exact combination of buttons to put me into the menu and by three of them and I have 900 genesis crystals so that'd be it then. Anyway all of a sudden my phone is going off with e-mails from Sony Interactive thanking me for my string of 6.99 purchases as I'm navigating menus in PC Trails of Azure.

Overall perhaps not terrible value for an accidental purchase though since the game just dumps an easy 15 minutes or so to get 150 Primo gems on me every day now between that login bonus and the daily commissions for the equivalent of about as much time worked for income through to the end of August. Depending on where the game goes from here I might even renew it again, we'll see.

Other stuff just doesn't seem all that worth it to me like the Gnostic hymn. Like I guess you get some Intertwined Fates too every 10 levels or so and a hell of a lot more weapon and leveling mats then the F2P line, as well as a free choice of bonus 4 star weapon provided you feel like min maxing the Battle pass enough to qualify for it, but I don't know if it's worth 15.99 per season or however much they charge versus like 30 days of frankly the most valuable in game currency just dropped on you for the price of your average drive-thru lunch.

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 29, 2021

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Gnostic Hymn costs $10, at least on PC. Buying Welkin+Hymn is a total of $15 e.g. the standard vidya game subscription price.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
BP also lasts the same as a major version (6 weeks) so BP+Welkin is actually less than $15 a month, around $11-12

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i have been waffling on whether to pull for kazuha but if he's stylish as hell then i guess i have no choice

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Sanctum posted:

I was asking about Azdaha. I was fighting him with no geo, it really sucked. Took forever.

Azhdaha is always like that.
He's just got large amounts of health, is resistant to two different elements each week (after doing his little animation that charges him with said element) in addition to high resistance against Geo and 40% resistance to physical. Geo damage dealers don't really speed things up for that fight, aside from Zhonglis shield making you able to just ignore his attacks altogether and keep attacking. The Zhongli they give you for the initial quest just has good equipment, from what I remember.

I've just defaulted to beating him up with superconduct and a good physical damage dealer. It's not optimal, but it works well enough for me and I don't have to adjust the entire team around his changing resistances. And it's what I got.

He never gets resistance against Anemo for what it's worth.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Zwiebel posted:

He never gets resistance against Anemo for what it's worth.

Pro-tip: just bring Sucrose

Sucrose tears him up (at least my Sucrose :smug:)

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 29, 2021

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Decided to do Azdaha with Beidou instead of Eula this week because he is frost and wow he is so much easier when you can just slap aside an attack every 7 seconds.

I had forgotten how much more dynamic the game feels when you have an active counter.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i fight azdaha with xiao now, to give him something to do. as long as he doesn't invuln while i'm in burst, it's a pretty fun time

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The number 1 lesson to have a not-reviving chain time against Azdaha is to just run away when he's doing the massive, constant stomping. There is a limit to the range, and it's his only real Zhongli buster (aka kills most others) move.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Some of the more recent bosses would be much less obnoxious if they were more clear that they were invulnerable. Azhdaha and Maguu Kenki both have phases where they don't take damage but you can still hit them and see normal damage numbers.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I only have a 50% chance of getting Kazuha for my first 5* right? After all the waiting I'm still wholly at the mercy of RNG and there's like 10% chance I get Keqing who I'll never use. That would be soul-crushing.

Whoever I get they are very likely a sword user so I really need another 4* sword. I have a L75 prototype rancour at R2. I have two lovely-looking 4* swords with energy recharge and 2 extra sword billets that I held off using in case I came into this situation. So here's hoping there's new craftable weapons or I'll get something with the 6000 primos I saved up.

Bloody Emissary posted:

Gnostic Hymn costs $10, at least on PC. Buying Welkin+Hymn is a total of $15 e.g. the standard vidya game subscription price.
What does gnostic hymn actually do, from the text it sounds like you need to pay $20 to get all the bottom rewards. Does it let you choose some of the bottom rewards or does $10 give you all the bottom rewards? And is that even worth it? I mean it's a lot but that's 2 welkin moons. Seems like there's diminishing returns on how much you can whale

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Some of the more recent bosses would be much less obnoxious if they were more clear that they were invulnerable. Azhdaha and Maguu Kenki both have phases where they don't take damage but you can still hit them and see normal damage numbers.

It took me a while to realize this with Maguu Kenki. Had a couples time of being very confused as Eula's burst did its blast and I saw a huge number and then his life bar didn't budge.

Speaking of Eula, hit a new damage record today - over 300k (didn't catch the exact number, but was between 300 and 310k).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sanctum posted:

Whoever I get they are very likely a sword user so I really need another 4* sword. I have a L75 prototype rancour at R2. I have two lovely-looking 4* swords with energy recharge and 2 extra sword billets that I held off using in case I came into this situation. So here's hoping there's new craftable weapons or I'll get something with the 6000 primos I saved up.

There's new everything in next patch, but yes Inazuma has a craftable sword

https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/weapon/w_1313/