Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Here we fuckin go again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

But we are throwing out tesla because their fans not the founder (like he's not event he founder but sure for public he is but anyway he sucks rear end too it's just not relevant)

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The important part is that it has a hatch. It’s literally in the name!

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Let's agree Teslas are only hot when they're consumed by an unquenchable battery fire

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Ok Comboomer posted:

It’s a fine car.

which part do you like? the overly aggressive regenerative braking? the lack of a single button or knob anywhere in the passenger compartment? because i just loving love taking my eyes off the road to evaluate an ipad pro to do basic poo poo.

or maybe it's the body panels that are held together with electrical tape and adhesive foam and STILL somehow manage to not line up right? but it's okay, they'll fall off when rain dissolves the glue and you can reset them.

teslas are shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

their fans are shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

and the worst part is that libertarian space dad has convinced a small subset of the internet that he's changing the world, when really what they're doing is defending electric lexuses made by an rear end in a top hat

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

BlackMK4 posted:

Here we fuckin go again

Late Fees posted:

Let's agree Teslas are only hot when they're consumed by an unquenchable battery fire

Deviant posted:

which part do you like? the overly aggressive regenerative braking? the lack of a single button or knob anywhere in the passenger compartment? because i just loving love taking my eyes off the road to evaluate an ipad pro to do basic poo poo.

or maybe it's the body panels that are held together with electrical tape and adhesive foam and STILL somehow manage to not line up right? but it's okay, they'll fall off when rain dissolves the glue and you can reset them.

and the worst part is that libertarian space dad has convinced a small subset of the internet that he's changing the world, when really what they're doing is defending electric lexuses made by an rear end in a top hat

TheBacon posted:

But we are throwing out tesla because their fans not the founder (like he's not event he founder but sure for public he is but anyway he sucks rear end too it's just not relevant)

you mean like retired doctors and suburban lib parents and poo poo?

It reminds me of when everybody bitched about “Prius fans” 15 years ago, when every Prius driver I met was just a Camry Dad looking to save even more on gas

I’ll take a thousand a hundred ten lolbertarian internet Tesla fans over one Jeeper

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Deviant posted:

1) is a FIAT Abarth not a hot hatch?

2) you can turn down the regen braking in the 3 way more easily and quickly than you can turn off auto revmatching in most contemporary standard cars

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

A fiat Abarth is absolutely a hot hatch

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
3) you’re accusing me of thinking Teslas are good. I don’t think they’re poo poo, but I never said the word “good” either. A lot of cars are “fine cars”. Dodge Caliber is a “fine car” depending on the metric and how you’re defining “fine”

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

you won't convince me they're not all garbage

and one look at twitter is to know that yeah, tesla fanboys are loving weirdoes.

gently caress tesla.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 29, 2021

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Deviant posted:

you won't convince me they're not all garbage

and one look at twitter is to know that yeah, tesla fanboys are loving weirdoes.

gently caress tesla.

ok

Edit: :chanpop: looool that Av was quick

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 29, 2021

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i see the elon defender has logged in

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Deviant posted:

and one look at twitter

It makes sense now

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Deviant posted:

the only thing worse than elon and tesla is this post, and then also your subsequent posts

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Anybody fill this out sell their contact info to Toyota in the hopes we get a Yaris GR in the US?

https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/gr-hot-hatch/

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Anybody fill this out sell their contact info to Toyota in the hopes we get a Yaris GR in the US?

https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/gr-hot-hatch/

Toyota posted:

While GR Yaris isn't coming to the U.S., perhaps it's time the U.S. got a Toyota hot hatch to call its own.

Oh boy I can't wait to see what BMW Toyota sends us :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Hopefully the Corolla GR is interesting

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Highlander GR?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

We will probably end up with a non-AWD version of whatever making 176 hp.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Dr. Lunchables posted:

We will probably end up with a non-AWD version of whatever making 176 hp.

GR-Line. All the visual bits, none of the performance bits. Every other brand has some garbage factory :rice: "-Line" offering that's all show and no go, of course Toyota has to get in on that action.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

wolrah posted:

GR-Line. All the visual bits, none of the performance bits. Every other brand has some garbage factory :rice: "-Line" offering that's all show and no go, of course Toyota has to get in on that action.

Isn't that the Apex edition corolla lol

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
the new Civic is beautiful and I cannot wait for both the Si and R to be hatches this time

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
My whole family is fully vaxxed finally so I got to take my mom for a spin in the GTI for the first time yesterday. She says it's way more comfortable than the Si. I also showed her that you can put it in manual mode and change gears as you see fit and she said "but why would you want to do that?"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

prom candy posted:

My whole family is fully vaxxed finally so I got to take my mom for a spin in the GTI for the first time yesterday. She says it's way more comfortable than the Si. I also showed her that you can put it in manual mode and change gears as you see fit and she said "but why would you want to do that?"

did you take her on the highway and show her?

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Ok Comboomer posted:

did you take her on the highway and show her?

No my mom is pretty anxious about driving, as far as she knows I bought a nice comfortable daily driver with some luxury features. Saving the other part of the demo for my dad and sister.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Ok Comboomer posted:

the new Civic is beautiful and I cannot wait for both the Si and R to be hatches this time

Honda tweeted that there still won't be an Si hatch this generation

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

BlackMK4 posted:

Those loving idiots

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

loving lol, are Democrats running that company? Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ok Comboomer posted:

loving lol, are Democrats running that company? Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Honda

Democrats

:thunk:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

prom candy posted:

Those loving idiots

Yeah, it made buying the Ding Si swapped hatch a not terrible idea in my mind

e: here is the link to that article thing https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/news/sorry-hatchback-fans-next-gen-civic-si-only-available-sedan/

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

1) It’s a loving joke

2) Honda USA actually has a pretty big say in what cars get brought to/developed for the US market. They’re the ones responsible for turning the Ridgeline into a sales success by making it pretend to be more like a traditional truck. They also had a pretty sizable hand in developing the last Gen Civic, IIRC.

3) it’s a riff on the news from the other day that the biggest corporate donor to pro-insurrection members of Congress, by like an order of magnitude more than Koch, is Toyota

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I mean Toyota was the one donating to the ones that voted against certifying the election and condemning the attempted insurrection. Maybe he thought Honda would try and distinguish themselves!

e;fb

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Toyota was just trying to do right by their most hardcore fans in the US, Tacoma drivers

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

LOL at trying to cancel Toyota over correlation.

In related news that Corolla or or Yaris GR hatchback or whatever won't happen in the US and if it does will be terribly boring. I mean they brought back the 86 and Supra and nobody is buying those.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Styles Bitchley posted:

In related news that Corolla or or Yaris GR hatchback or whatever won't happen in the US and if it does will be terribly boring. I mean they brought back the 86 and Supra and nobody is buying those.

nobody’s trying to cancel anybody over anything, you dork. settle down

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Also nobody buys the 86 because the ND Miata’s been out for 6 years now.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I’d have a hard time justifying a Supra when the Z4 is right there, with better numbers. I think everyone feels the same.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

nobody’s trying to cancel anybody over anything, you dork. settle down

Google "toyota boycott", dork.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Styles Bitchley posted:

Google "toyota boycott", dork.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Styles Bitchley posted:

Idk, it seems like people are buying the new Supra, I see a ton of them at track days in comparison to similar age BMWs.