Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Pancakes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkhamina
Mar 30, 2008

Arkham Whore.
Fallen Rib
Breakfast from this last weekend. Everything tastes better when seasoned with a little ash. Farm fresh eggs, and canned corned beef hash.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

large hands posted:

Lemon cardamom sweet buns

This is from a year ago but holy fuuuuuuck I need this recipe if possible :worship:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mountain Bread kale, carrot, cabbage, broccoli, wasabi flavour kewpie mayonnaise, and a kangaroo steak.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Arkhamina
Mar 30, 2008

Arkham Whore.
Fallen Rib
Nothing fancy, but really good bacon, and very fresh eggs. Bit of zucchini and onion on the side.

Arkhamina fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jun 27, 2021

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Arkhamina posted:

Nothing fancy, but really good bacon, and very fresh eggs. Bit of zucchini and onion on the side.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Tiggum posted:

Mountain Bread kale, carrot, cabbage, broccoli, wasabi flavour kewpie mayonnaise, and a kangaroo steak.

Please come to my house and make me breakfast

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Ok vacation this week and I had a killer breakfast yesterday. Savory cheddar jalapeño pancakes topped with over easy eggs and hollandaise sauce.

Bloody Mary also had the perfect amount of horseradish :chef:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

What are some other good breakfast drinks?

I have tried and tried, and do not care for the Bloody Mary.

I usually do a mimosa or a French 75, but what else do y'all like with your eggs?

Arkhamina
Mar 30, 2008

Arkham Whore.
Fallen Rib
Coffee :unsmith:

That said, the long past days when I used to roll harder than the middle aged person I am now, black coffee with a liberal splash of Jameson. Have a great drink book with tons of fruity, champagne based drinks, but until I level up to having a butler...

mystes
May 31, 2006

Arkhamina posted:

Have a great drink book with tons of fruity, champagne based drinks, but until I level up to having a butler...
What is it?

Arkhamina
Mar 30, 2008

Arkham Whore.
Fallen Rib
This is it. Slim hardcover, and has both the drinks, and little facts and book quotes from the heyday of the Bar. I was mildly obsessed with an actress who was a resident there for a while, which is how I ended up with this. (Tallulah Bankhead)

Algonquin Hotel Drinks

Camping breakfast from this morning. Oatmeal cooked on a Firebox stove with an alcohol burner, instant coffee, also, cheese curds, because: Wisconsin.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

toplitzin posted:

What are some other good breakfast drinks?

Ice
Salt, to garnish the glass
1 ounce aquavit (look for one with more dill than caraway focus)
1 ounce freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, preferably ruby red
1 ounce Campari
Sprig fresh dill, for garnish

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Yum but also boo.
No grapefruit for me. :(

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Thats a shame. It's really a terrific breakfast drink. Acidic to cut through the fat of eggs/sausage, bitterness to balance syrup or pastries, and complex enough to enjoy the second one after you've finished eating.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Grapefruit blocks statins for dayyyyyyyys after. Sucks unshorn goat testicles.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

My wife can’t have orange juice, so she tries different stuff I her mimosas. Cranberry juice and pineapple juice are really tasty.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

My wife can’t have orange juice, so she tries different stuff I her mimosas. Cranberry juice and pineapple juice are really tasty.

Sub peach juice and now it's a Bellini.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Polenta, ham, beans and egg.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Polenta, ham, beans and egg.

That certainly is the classic Englitaliacan breakfast.

netch-a-sketch
Dec 24, 2019

pot noodle sandwich

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I have no idea what I am looking at.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

It's for the best.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Well I guess I know what I’m eating for breakfast tomorrow.

my gun

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Snowmankilla posted:

It's a delicious sandwich.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Snowmankilla posted:

Carbs

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Wanted some Turkish breakfast so I got me some Turkish breakfast. This is the small variant. On the bottom right is some walnut paste thing that in this form only exists in Berlin (the one from Turkey is different and it also isn't like the Syrian one) and I pity the fools who don’t get it cause it’s literally the best thing I ever ate in my life.

edit: I asked for the recipe and they said it's secret :(

Haramstufe Rot fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 24, 2021

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Haramstufe Rot posted:

Wanted some Turkish breakfast so I got me some Turkish breakfast. This is the small variant. On the bottom right is some walnut paste thing that in this form only exists in Berlin (the original from Izmir is different) and I pity the fools who don’t get it cause it’s literally the best thing I ever ate in my life.

that looks incredible

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Got a new toy, I have never before in my life made pancakes that look this good. 1am counts as breakfast, right?

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Nettle Soup posted:

Got a new toy, I have never before in my life made pancakes that look this good. 1am counts as breakfast, right?

Whataburger’s breakfast menu goes on sale at 10:30 pm so yes 1am definitely counts.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Pretty boring breakfast here.
Eggs, potato, bacon.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Sister had leftover vegan sausage and cheddar after her visit, which I cooked in bacon fat because of course

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Not gonna lie, some vegan sausages I actually really like. I’ll usually keep a few in the freezer for when I want to make an quick meatless sausage and peppers.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Vegan ground meat and vegan sausage has advanced to the point where there is some really great stuff. If you like steak or something I can't imagine a good vegan replacement but if you're like "I can't imagine going vegan and giving up my breakfast sausage" I'd say "not a problem."

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Nothing crazy here

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

I feel like it’s been a while since I posted a decent breakfast.

:toxx:
Toxxing myself to make some breakfast tacos for tomorrow. I think I’ve got some good stuff to work with.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

The same, but different.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Well I make breakfast tacos. Wasn’t really what I had in mind, but they were pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010