Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

According to Cabana, there were plans for he and Brodie Lee to circle back and eventually feud down the line. Colt Cabana made the pitch after Lee wrestled Moxley for the AEW Title, and drew up a manuscript to outline it. Unfortunately it was never able to be seen through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pinwiz11 posted:

Y'ALL THE CHAIR LAIR IS REAL

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Seems pretty clear it was eventually gonna head that way. Sad we never got to see it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hopefully, Brodie would've beat Colt quicker than he beat Cody for the TNT title

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Davros1 posted:

Hopefully, Brodie would've beat Colt quicker than he beat Cody for the TNT title

Colt was inside his circle, and knew all of his moves.

Cody was / is a bleached blonde piss boy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

also Cody is a small child compared to Colt's wrestling ability.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, Colt Cabana comedy wrestler is his Clark Kent persona. He's be doing that match as Colt Cabana, grizzled industry vet.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1409956058508926978
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1409962339084824579

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I got this autographed MJF photo today. Who is the other wrestler? Also, is this from AEW or another promotion?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I got this autographed MJF photo today. Who is the other wrestler? Also, is this from AEW or another promotion?

that's MLW's ring? Definite Matt Cross taking the knee.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

That's from All In.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
That's the wrestler that's home on the open road, Son of Havoc

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Yeah, I looked it up, its from All In. Thanks for the help.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1409731435427250176

I'm glad that the replies to this are exactly what you'd expect.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

forkboy84 posted:

Even more than that, he felt like a dude who was banged up, had been turned down by the PC when they were signing anyone with an indie name and there was retirement talk surrounding him. It's a real feelgood story

i recommend listening to his unrestricted podcast

MJeff posted:

I'm probably gonna write an effortpost now about Kingston's arc in AEW because it's so loving great and that promo between him and Mox before Full Gear is one of the greatest things I've ever seen in a wrestling show, ever.

the ruthie promo was so loving electric

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1409968002284482561?s=19

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Holy crap I'd pay 5 bucks to watch the dark order do an escape room in character lol

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

jesus WEP posted:

He was mad at Mox for selling out and for going off and being a big star and leaving Eddie behind, family and friendship and loyalty was always the focus of that feud
I got that part. But he outright said chasing championships was the reason his mom didn't have grandkids, and after they became besties again Eddie handwaved it with "title belts make you do crazy poo poo", so to me it came across more as jealousy masquerading as loyalty. I got the feeling that if Mox still had the title by then, Eddie still would've hated him.

MassRafTer posted:

Also whoever was in charge of hiring extras for the club scene only hired men so Jericho told them it's a club it needs women in it too. Filming went so late that all the female extras bailed so the two women in the club were the legendary Megha and someone else I forget. Megha's Instagram handle is now "Legal Girl" thanks to Konnan.
To be fair, a bunch of guys desperately scrambling out to pick up girls at the club during a pandemic but not finding any is some real slice of life booking.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I totally bought that Eddie wanted to be the world's champion. Who wouldn't want to, it's kinda the point.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Do not miss on Penta/Eddie vs TH2 as Elevation's main event. Elevation had some solid matches overall!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

smarxist posted:

Holy crap I'd pay 5 bucks to watch the dark order do an escape room in character lol

I'm surprised Uno didnt stream it on twitch

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eddie pissed off so many WWE stans with his off the air promo. Biggest baby face in wrestling

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZQLyjuaOJs
Road to Sammy v MJF

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

That promo rules.

(something something why is this not on tv)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Great road-to. I'm hoping Sammy vs. MJF can bring out MJF's psychopathic side.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

blast0rama posted:

That promo rules.

(something something why is this not on tv)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I swear to God if Sammy loses I might cry

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Eddie pissed off so many WWE stans with his off the air promo. Biggest baby face in wrestling

Honestly Christian didn't look like he was the biggest fan of the promo either.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shinjobi posted:

I swear to God if Sammy loses I might cry
I'm rooting for him but I'll be really surprised if he wins. If he does I think the MJF progression is pivoting toward psycho MJF, though, so I'm really rooting for that.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Crapple! posted:

I think his face is just stuck in that general expression

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shinjobi posted:

I swear to God if Sammy loses I will cry

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MJF is established enough to take a loss and Sammy is on absolute roll. He needs this win to fully cement himself in that top tier

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Crapple! posted:

He was just blown up from getting in the ring in that humidity.

There’s no reason anyone should be mad about that promo. It was 99% putting over AEW with literally a one liner dig at WWE

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm fine with either outcome to MJF/Sammy, but Sammy needs it more if they're positioning him for a mega-face run. MJF can take individual losses and still be the perennial heel, but Pinnacle as a whole needs big wins to establish itself as a threat since they're still relatively new.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Crapple! posted:

I noticed that, too. There were some moments in the promo when everyone in the ring was clapping for something Eddie said and it didn't seem like he was joining in.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
gotta be honest and say I don't really care about Sammy Guevara the wrestling character. don't care if he wins or loses. I don't feel any sort of way about him, which is a bummer because I want to connect to him! he just kind of shows up every now and again and does a bad promo that I don't care for

the vlog is good though

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Ganso Bomb posted:

I noticed that, too. There were some moments in the promo when everyone in the ring was clapping for something Eddie said and it didn't seem like he was joining in.

I mean the guy was in WWE for years and years. He probably didn't relish Eddie saying nobody in that locker room had any heart (paraphrasing). To be honest, taking aim WWE's locker room seems misguided. The talent at WWE isn't the problem. It's the dogshit creative and all of the insane missives coming from the lunatic at the top

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1410011538820317187

trent is objectively correct, KFC is bad

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The KFC buffet is good if you can find one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

sticklefifer posted:

I'm fine with either outcome to MJF/Sammy, but Sammy needs it more if they're positioning him for a mega-face run. MJF can take individual losses and still be the perennial heel, but Pinnacle as a whole needs big wins to establish itself as a threat since they're still relatively new.

It’s real weird to me that it seems like they’re setting up the Inner Circle to run the table on the individual matches. Like, I get why they didn’t want to have Hager lose a worked MMA match for Bellator’s sake, but don’t book that style match then.