Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

dlo presents a problem in that he was brought in specifically at KAT's request because they're buds. even if the sixers would bite, that's a trade that would basically need KAT's signoff because otherwise you may as well move him out too. that seems ... unlikely

the best player the wolves would be able to offer would be Malik Beasley, and i can't imagine they'd want any combination of prospects and Ricky Rubio that they could offer to sweeten the deal

at that point, a straight up swap for CJ McCollum would be a better option, and I bet they'll get at least that good of an offer if not from the Blazers, then definitely from someone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
this is one of my favourite things that ever happened in the NBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCGbr8EZg74

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011
ya thats the issue. the only good enough pieces with the skillset the 6ers want look unmovable. maybe some kind of whacky 3 team deal but unless embiid explicitly says "get simmons out now" i think hes staying

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Simmons Is fine in the regular season and even good on offense

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1409717666168795139?s=21

Nice win

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Simmons Is fine in the regular season and even good on offense

Decent offensive numbers for a center

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I don't understand these playoffs at all. I feel like CP3 could get hurt and Leonard could come back and Phoenix would probably win since we are living in bizarro world. As long as LAC remains more injured they will win

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Decent offensive numbers for a center

He would be the best passing center in the league if he played center by a lot

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

I don't understand these playoffs at all. I feel like CP3 could get hurt and Leonard could come back and Phoenix would probably win since we are living in bizarro world. As long as LAC remains more injured they will win

The Clipps went small and took advantage of the fact that Ayton is not actually a good center yet and merely a creation of Chris Paul and the fact that the Suns have not played a real big man yet. This is a fact.

(Ayton could be a good center in the future but he isnt now).

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also besides Game 1, Devin Booker has been horrendous.

Ayton and Booker really showing in the clutch here they aren't the All NBA superstars everyone on NBA media is ready to make them. and Paul George gets all the negative press!

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Booker was pretty good last night, the problem is actually Chris Paul 🤫

He’s playing way too slow. He isn’t taking advantage of 5v4 situations. They quit running plays, too much hero ball. This is what they looked like at the beginning of the season, it’s really weird.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

zoo is retiring

basketball is dead

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

triple sulk posted:

zoo is retiring

basketball is dead

rip. that really sucks. maybe mcginnis will do TV at least

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No more turning garbage into gold

:(

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the windows and doors are unlocked

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Booker was pretty good last night, the problem is actually Chris Paul 🤫

He’s playing way too slow. He isn’t taking advantage of 5v4 situations. They quit running plays, too much hero ball. This is what they looked like at the beginning of the season, it’s really weird.

That broken nose seems to have knocked Booker out of God Mode also. He's not "the problem" but he's also not singlehandedly carrying the Suns like he was just a week or two ago.

And yeah CP3 is such a defensive and transition liability that he really needs to be firing on all cylinders to be an effective overall player. He needs to be hitting threes and landing the ball right in Ayton's hands for lobs, and he's just not.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

booker has been a negative for every game but game one

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Kawhi supposedly now a game time decision for game 6.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lamo if the suns blow this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
If the Clips do this I might finally retire my Blake Griffin jersey.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Zisky posted:

Kawhi supposedly now a game time decision for game 6.

nothing to base this on, but i legit believe that they're just doing all this to gently caress with the suns gameplanning and that he won't play again in the playoffs

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
trae young is not in the hawks starting lineup

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1410017744578174978 The philadelphia 76ers paid the referees to intentionally injure trae young, due to the hawks defeating the ref- and league-favored 76ers in the playoffs

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the mafia's deal with the refs to favour trae young was actually just a temporary thing to eliminate the sixers and now they have injured trae young to get milwaukee to win because the mafia have placed a large bet on bud not getting fired

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

it was really messed up the way adam silver ran over trae's foot with his car and very disrespectful to make fun of him for crying afterwards

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
giannis at this point you might as well just lob it after like two seconds, clearly the elaborate 15-second routine doesn't work anyway

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
giannis is dead and it sucks, my entire body involuntarily curled into a ball when they showed that replay

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

the kiss of death

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
RiIP bucks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ben Simmons rehabilitation

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

yeesh wish I hadn't looked up the replay on that

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
yeah that had me thinking back to some of the more gruesome knee and leg injuries I've watched in hoop, thankful it wasn't worse

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/bengolliver/status/1410057760595664898?s=21

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Wait, both Trae and Giannis got injured? lol.

Insane.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Incredible

https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1410060505167785987?s=21

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Put an asterisk on 2021's champion. Better yet shut the playoffs down

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
so 3 out of 4 remaining teams are now missing their star players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Put an asterisk on 2021's champion. Better yet shut the playoffs down

OK but if they're one of the badly hurt teams the asterisk means it's worth extra rather than less. It's only fair