Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I don't know about legendary, but it's not getting cancelled for a third time soon. Coming back from the axe not once, but twice, then being the main draw for like, a decade in the adult cartoons. It's not dying until McFarlane does, easiest paycheck in the world for him now.

I thought he hated Family Guy and only does it because of a contract?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

skooma512 posted:

I thought he hated Family Guy and only does it because of a contract?

Why would he hate money?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ooooh my aching hands......

from raking in grands and breaking in mic stands

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This comes out to about $30,000/yr in 2021 money

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I don't know about legendary, but it's not getting cancelled for a third time soon. Coming back from the axe not once, but twice, then being the main draw for like, a decade in the adult cartoons. It's not dying until McFarlane does, easiest paycheck in the world for him now.

oh for sure but like, American Dad has been running just as long hasn't it? I don't think either of those shows are on the same level as even a Futurama or King of the Hill let alone Simpsons/South Park tier

where tf are his union dues

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

And Family Guy did it in 3 seasons. After cancellation. Family Guy is never going to die.

At least American Dad is still good, thanks TBS.

American Dad has been crazy consistently good since season 2. There are no bad seasons, just bad episodes and there aren’t even many of those

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

indigi posted:

oh for sure but like, American Dad has been running just as long hasn't it? I don't think either of those shows are on the same level as even a Futurama or King of the Hill let alone Simpsons/South Park tier

Is it normal for dues to come directly out of your pay in the US? Over here I pay by direct debit, no employer involvement.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Continuity RCP posted:

Is it normal for dues to come directly out of your pay in the US? Over here I pay by direct debit, no employer involvement.

well I've only been in two but they always showed up as a deduction on my check. maybe it's just the agreement at those sites

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

indigi posted:

well I've only been in two but they always showed up as a deduction on my check. maybe it's just the agreement at those sites

It varies by union, contract, site, etc. The one I work with used to send out bills every quarter for dues, but only for working certain jobs. Others were auto deducted from paychecks. Then they started doing auto deductions for all the contracts once that one company bought a computer that could connect to the internet.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The Nastier Nate posted:

American Dad has been crazy consistently good since season 2. There are no bad seasons, just bad episodes and there aren’t even many of those

American Dad is great.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

indigi posted:

Family Guy started in '99, American Dad started in '05. It's on its' own level. Saying American Dad is comparable to Simpsons or South Park just means you clearly haven't watched enough American Dad.

It's genuinely good, especially the TBS episodes. Until they picked it up, it was due to be canned by Fox. Also TBS first signed Final Space, which is fine if you prefer your cartoons serial.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Saying American Dad is comparable to Simpsons or South Park just means you clearly haven't watched enough American Dad.

I said they aren’t comparable

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

until american dad becomes alqaedian dad idgaf

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Lpzie posted:

until american dad becomes alqaedian dad idgaf

Saudi Arabian Dad was the first season two-parter ending, iirc.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

indigi posted:

:hmmyes:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

until american dad becomes atlantian dad idgaf

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Imagine watching any of the family guys shows

Please have higher standards for your brain

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

$12/hr before deductions, definitely not rich even in 1980s dollars

Homer's kinda got a lovely job

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Mirthless posted:

$12/hr before deductions, definitely not rich even in 1980s dollars

Homer's kinda got a lovely job

That's like $81k/year in 2021 dollars. He's not HENRY-level (income-wise, anyway; owning a house kinda puts him there on its own), but he's not exactly poor.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Continuity RCP posted:

you can pay directly in my union but it's easier just to have it auto deducted. I think they even take Venmo now.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
trying to trick me about american dad

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Byzantine posted:

Saudi Arabian Dad was the first season two-parter ending, iirc.

It's the only 2 parter.

indigi posted:

I said they aren’t comparable

Yeah, I meant isn't. My bad.

It's not the same as south park or anything else particularly. There are no cut aways to speak of, the stories are better written, and Patrick Stewart. It's worth watching for Bullock alone a lot of the time.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's the only 2 parter.

Yeah, I meant isn't. My bad.

It's not the same as south park or anything else particularly. There are no cut aways to speak of, the stories are better written, and Patrick Stewart. It's worth watching for Bullock alone a lot of the time.

Nah there was a two parter where they made an oil tanker Noah's Ark or something like that

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

jetz0r posted:

It varies by union, contract, site, etc. The one I work with used to send out bills every quarter for dues, but only for working certain jobs. Others were auto deducted from paychecks. Then they started doing auto deductions for all the contracts once that one company bought a computer that could connect to the internet.

Making union dues as large and visible a line item as possible seems like something that would be legally required by most state governments by now. If at all possible it should be red and blink and have arrows pointing to it that say MONEY THE UNION TOOK DIRECTLY OUT OF YOUR POCKET too.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Walmart to offer own low-cost brand of insulin

Totally normal.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Jazerus posted:

mr. burns is still alive. the pilot features bart discovering his adrenochrome operation under qwik-e-mart

Isn't this the plot of Under the Silver Lake?

Lpzie posted:

who the gently caress is still watching the simpsons... wtf man

That guy behind that Dead Homers Society, bitching about an animated sitcom that had its heyday over 25 years ago?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

And Family Guy did it in 3 seasons. After cancellation. Family Guy is never going to die.

At least American Dad is still good, thanks TBS.

What's funny is that Seth MacFarlane is a huge sci-fi nerd and is making a better Star Trek show vs the current Star Trek series.

Shame Boy posted:

Milhouse would absolutely not be the CEO of a tech startup, Martin would. Milhouse would be way into crypto while not actually making any money on it ever, and there'd be an episode where he tries to insist that he still owns the NFT of Bart's soul.

Milhouse would be an Incel. He would be an Admin for an incel site after failing to use pick up artist techniques to woo Lisa in the 2000s.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Shwqa posted:

I love the idea of "power hours". How do we get more production? What if we over work the over worked employees? Like they don't let employees use the rest room on the normal hours. How much more power do they expect to get out these "power hours"?

However much % they got out of their most successful power hour ever, +1 percentage point. Obviously.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

And they're still charging $73/vial. Doesn't that poo poo cost like $5 to make?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Kreeblah posted:

And they're still charging $73/vial. Doesn't that poo poo cost like $5 to make?

im a hustler, baby. a money engineer. I don't just grind 100% of the time, I grind 1460% of the time.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

PostNouveau posted:

Nah there was a two parter where they made an oil tanker Noah's Ark or something like that

poo poo, you're right. Korean LNG ship carrying a zoo of animals.

It has a Cheryl Tiegs joke. The gently caress is with McFarlane and Tiegs?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Not posting a picture because I'd have to redact the whole thing

The property management company for my apartments just sent out an email about a new way to pay! Flex pay, where you can make multiple payments throughout the month, just sign up here and we're WAIVING THE $19.99 fee for the first month

That's right, you have to pay $20 a month to be allowed to make multiple payments throughout the month

:gamefreak:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Forceholy posted:

What's funny is that Seth MacFarlane is a huge sci-fi nerd and is making a better Star Trek show vs the current Star Trek series.

The Orville has a rough start but it get pretty good, any trek fan who hasn’t watched it is missing out.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

It would be utterly immoral and wrong to take money from people who have lots of it, therefore the poor must pay extra. Sorry bud

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

There has never been anything funny regarding Seth MacFarlane and his works.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Biplane posted:

There has never been anything funny regarding Seth MacFarlane and his works.

I dunno, I remember some of the segments in the recent Cosmos being kinda unintentionally funny .

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m pretty sure they already did, I had to buy some for my friend a couple years ago and it was only $25/vial and you didn’t need a prescription. apparently it’s like like gen 1 type insulin or something and kind of sucks but will save your life. maybe they’re just rebranding it

e: they still offer it, novolin R, 24.88/vial. I wonder what the difference is or will be

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

*laughs in 3rd shift*

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

McCracAttack posted:

*laughs in 3rd shift*

look at this hotshot who has all his daylight hours free for what matters most posting

Adjectivist Philosophy has issued a correction as of 18:11 on Jun 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

man vampire stories got depressing