Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Same thing in Poland; fans returning from St. Petersburg overwhelmed the testing facilities at the airport in Warsaw. gently caress knows how many got through, though there’s an obligatory 5 day quarantine and there’s a chances they’ll round up the smart asses that used the confusion to leg it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nenonen posted:

It was such a great idea to play EURO 2020 games in St. Petersburg and with spectators. Bus loads of Finnish soccer fans went there and came back to border control simultaneously, overwhelming the testing capacity at border. Now the delta variant is spreading thanks to them and the only hope is that the fans who weren't tested will go to tests so all of the infection chains can be stopped.

But at least some bus drivers and tourist guides and travel agents got business! :dance:

:cripes: Good job, Finland. I hope 2000 euro some tourism rag made from this was worth it.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is an incredible video

cinci zoo sniper posted:

:cripes: Good job, Finland. I hope 2000 euro some tourism rag made from this was worth it.

After a massive campaign personally attacking anyone that didn't spend their entire year at home, the Portuguese government had actively encouraged people to drive in mass to Seville to support the team against Belgium.

Football just breaks people's brains.

Mans fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 26, 2021

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Mans posted:

Football just breaks people's brains.
It's just privileged by politicians. Open-air music festival? gently caress no, stay at home, you drat hippie. Football match? Yeah, let's fit as many people as possible on this stadium.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
wrt russian situation of covid

We just had a week of 'non-working days' (everyone supposed to work as its a sunday, but everyone worked as it was a usual week because how else people will get money to eat, but non-working) and this was posted by local comedy celeb https://www.instagram.com/p/CQdWhyZJ9x-/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet, poo poo went viral for how accurate it is.

quote:

"Массовые мероприятия отменены, но футбол можно.
Необязательная вакцинация, но обязательная, хотя и добровольная, но отказаться нельзя, точнее можно, но могут отстранить от работы или уволить, хотя это незаконно, но отстранять разрешили, а потом запретили, но не мы, а они, а главный не в курсе ;
Ревакцинироваться Спутником нельзя, хотя можно, но не нужно, так как он защищает на 2 года, но через полгода антител уже слишком мало, хотя они есть, но от нового штамма не помогают, хотя могут помочь, если ревакцинироваться, но это неточно.
Вакцинируйтесь и не будете болеть, хотя потом будете болеть, но нетяжело, хотя штамм-то уже другой, так что как повезет, но зато не будете болеть, но больных с антителами у нас полным полно, но клеточный иммунитет вас спасет, если раньше болели или вакцинированы, но это неточно, поэтому необязательная вакцинация, которая обязательная;
маски будут не нужны, потом нужны, но лучше не снимать, поэтому ужесточим контроль, но на самом деле не ужесточим, поэтому носите на подбородке как носили;

ограничения ужесточать не будем, но потом будем, все необязательно, зато отдыхайте, но работайте и необязательно прививайтесь, хотя и обязательно, все равно заболеете, но несильно, хотя может и сильно, но редко;
третьей волны нет, но индийский штамм нас накрыл, но в России ситуация улучшается, но ухудшается за счет Москвы, откуда потащат в регионы как в прошлом году, но у нас кэшбек за туризм по России, а Москва хаб, поэтому вакцинируйтесь, чтобы снять маски, которые всё равно нужно носить, но необязательно, хотя и обязательно;

60% коллективного иммунитета нас спасут, но 60% уже было и не спасло, но это было от другого штамма, поэтому несчитово и нужно опять 60% от индийского, поэтому вакцинируйтесь, но вакцины от индийского штамма не будет, вакцинируйтксь чем есть обязательно, но добровольно;
в общепите будут ковид-фри зоны, куда будут пускать только привитых, но для подростков прививки нет, поэтому их будем пускать непривитых, хотя новый штамм распространяет как раз молодежь, а привитые тоже могут заболеть..."

perfectly translatable through google
also, the 'main one' he's referencing is putler

ps
poo poo is insane

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah, I’ve been hearing from Russia on COVID-19 recently, and it’s really not pretty. I’d say I hope you’ll figure this out, but a local proverb comes to my mind: «Надежда - утешение дурака».

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jun 28, 2021

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
There are actual antivaxer protests happening in Russia. And the people protesting are not the liberal opposition, they are Putin's core voters, who bought into the initial propaganda, where vaccines have microchips in them, where COVID is just like a regular flu, and lockdowns only happen in the fascist Europe.

And yet again, antivaxers perfectly reproduce American narratives, even though they would say they hate America and all it stands for. One actor's already compared compulsory vaccination to the Holocaust and explained why he doesn't want to get the jab with the phrase 'my body, my choice'. poo poo's wild.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jun 28, 2021

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

This has been a thing here too, with our populists and right wing parties setting up a factory line for adoption of GOP talking points.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

GOP talking points that have been amplified by RT and Sputnik-owned OANN. Russian disinfo campaigns were going to bite them in the rear end eventually but drat it has to be the worst possible thing.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

This has been a thing here too, with our populists and right wing parties setting up a factory line for adoption of GOP talking points.

Speaking of GOP talking points,

quote:

President Miloš Zeman would be in favor of a giant heterosexual demonstration attended by millions of people. In a debate on Prima and CNN Prima News, he spoke of being disgusting with gender-changing people. "I can understand gays, lesbians and so on. But do you know who I don't understand at all? These are the transgender ones, "Zeman said.
https://translate.google.com/transl...j%3Dvyhledavani

:doh:

Thankfully he can't do much but then he's not alone either

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

GOP talking points that have been amplified by RT and Sputnik-owned OANN. Russian disinfo campaigns were going to bite them in the rear end eventually but drat it has to be the worst possible thing.

Not doubting you, but do you have a source on OANN’s ownership?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

gently caress Zeman. Calling people disgusting, a glass house if I’ve ever seen one.

Discendo Vox posted:

As I recall it, it’s not quite that. There’s a guy called Kristian Rouz who worked both for Sputnik and OANN. MSNBC got sued by OANN over characterising the latter as Russian propaganda, and the court dismissed the suit, hitting OANN with a SLAPP fine.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

If some of you are having a really boring day, Lavrov has published his very own Communist EU Bad manifesto. https://eng.globalaffairs.ru/articles/the-law-the-rights-and-the-rules/

true.spoon
Jun 7, 2012

quote:

By imposing the concept of a rules-bases order, the West seeks to shift the conversation on key issues to the platforms of its liking, where no dissident voices can be herd.
I'm sure he knows a thing or two about herding dissident voices.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Paladinus posted:

There are actual antivaxer protests happening in Russia. And the people protesting are not the liberal opposition, they are Putin's core voters, who bought into the initial propaganda, where vaccines have microchips in them, where COVID is just like a regular flu, and lockdowns only happen in the fascist Europe.

And yet again, antivaxers perfectly reproduce American narratives, even though they would say they hate America and all it stands for. One actor's already compared compulsory vaccination to the Holocaust and explained why he doesn't want to get the jab with the phrase 'my body, my choice'. poo poo's wild.

Given that RT and Sputnik have been running anti vaxx content for months, you are saying

Putin played himself?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

The OANN-Sputnik connection is journalist Kristian Brunovich Rouz. He works for both.

https://archive.ph/20190722114201/https://www.thedailybeast.com/oan-trumps-new-favorite-channel-employs-kremlin-paid-journalist

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

So does Rouz own OANN or just work for them?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
in lighter news, moscow has become a swamp

https://twitter.com/ASLuhn/status/1409526039076876288

naturally, the metro gives no fucks

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Haramstufe Rot posted:

Given that RT and Sputnik have been running anti vaxx content for months, you are saying

Putin played himself?

Yes, it misfired terribly, but at the very least Russian government are not trying to correct the course, even if they still can't come up with one line to stick to. In the meantime, Belarus that never changed the tune from 'COVID is a joke', now just publishes what appears to be completely bogus numbers. Despite extremely low vaccination rates and basically no anti-pandemic measures in place, the number of new cases is steadily going down (they stopped publishing numbers for tests a while ago), while deaths is at the steady ~10 a day for almost a year regardless of how many active cases there are. Incidentally, the National Statistic Committee also stopped publishing information on mortality. But even from what they do still publish, ~30k people 'disappeared' on top of the official COVID deaths, the usual population decrease trend, and the increased immigration after the protests.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

So does Rouz own OANN or just work for them?

Works for both. But I wonder if the American owners don't have some Russian investors.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

Sobyanin and his whole cosa nostra should be sentenced for life for public endangerment, mass murder by negligence and destroying historical parts of the city. Corruption and (yet unconfirmed) extortions aside.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
"In some respects" doing a lot of heavy lifting there

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
tass.ru doing a lot of heavy lifting, too

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Whole country is a big parade of potemkin villages, what a shitshow. What a clown he is.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Discendo Vox posted:

tass.ru doing a lot of heavy lifting, too

Goat rear end, Are You

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

They're way ahead in terms of deploying weapons systems that even the Cold War Pentagon considered too psychotic and destructive to build.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I can only thank the Intercept for looking into a serious concern brought up by Lavrov, that the Western schools may be teaching children that Jesus was a bisexual. https://theintercept.com/2021/07/01/russias-top-diplomat-pushes-false-claim-western-schools-teach-kids-jesus-bisexual/

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

This soon will be used to spin yet another narrative that WEST IS BAD, like another idiot from russian govmnt said that EU is bad because somewhere in Denmark a zoophile brothel exists and one can 'rape a turtle if they want to'
https://lenta.ru/news/2020/09/22/zoobordel/ which was then picked up by all major news channels.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's the slippery slope they warned us about, first you allow gay marriage, then they'll demand turtle sex

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

How can everybody be so sure the water will continue to flow out of there? They are a clog away from thousands of deaths.

Also, THE most jarring thing for me is seeing an italian rock band taking TikTok by storm. Every other video has them on.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Russian government may be a malicious actor, but ordinary citizens working in metro have no interest in drowning thousands of people, and would just close dangerous sections off.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

just got this photo of my normal commute

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Erulisse posted:

This soon will be used to spin yet another narrative that WEST IS BAD, like another idiot from russian govmnt said that EU is bad because somewhere in Denmark a zoophile brothel exists and one can 'rape a turtle if they want to'
https://lenta.ru/news/2020/09/22/zoobordel/ which was then picked up by all major news channels.

The real shocking fact I learned from this article is that Denmark's foreign minister had sex with a 15 year old at a youth convention, and although he was expelled from his party, 12 years after the incident he is still somehow a minister. Now that's insane.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Paladinus posted:

The real shocking fact I learned from this article is that Denmark's foreign minister had sex with a 15 year old at a youth convention, and although he was expelled from his party, 12 years after the incident he is still somehow a minister. Now that's insane.

:cripes: Denmark is the Austria of Scandinavia

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Age of consent there is 15 and at the time he was big enough to become the prime minister, so it was not a fatal blow. In general, in EE’s cultural terms, Denmark is the most “rural” of Nordic countries.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Well putler been loving 16yo kabaeva since 1999 so what gives

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Lukashenko said something so utterly stupid it kind of hurts me to type it, maybe Paladinus will elaborate better later.

Basically they he was late to awards ceremony because they just finished a huge counter-terrorist operation. The operation in question is assassination attempt on government TV channel journalist Yuri Azarenok. The plan was to capture azarenok, drive him in the trunk of a car to a forest and have him cut off his own tongue with scissors and make a video of it. The operation used him as bait and hero Azarenok attacked and defeated the assassin himself without backup. The culprits behind this act of villainy are Lithuania, Poland, Ukraine, Germany and USA. There was some other stuff like thwarting an attack on Russian atlantic fleet comms station in Vileyka but I don't even want to go there.

This is our life now. I just don't get how after everybody laughed and Nick and Mike, how nobody beleived in the "coup" attempt who could act anything other than stare at wide-eyed disbelief at sheer stupidity of this story. Sadly it just probably means more crackdowns and arrests and whatnot.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Sekenr posted:

Lukashenko said something so utterly stupid it kind of hurts me to type it, maybe Paladinus will elaborate better later.

Basically they he was late to awards ceremony because they just finished a huge counter-terrorist operation. The operation in question is assassination attempt on government TV channel journalist Yuri Azarenok. The plan was to capture azarenok, drive him in the trunk of a car to a forest and have him cut off his own tongue with scissors and make a video of it. The operation used him as bait and hero Azarenok attacked and defeated the assassin himself without backup. The culprits behind this act of villainy are Lithuania, Poland, Ukraine, Germany and USA. There was some other stuff like thwarting an attack on Russian atlantic fleet comms station in Vileyka but I don't even want to go there.

This is our life now. I just don't get how after everybody laughed and Nick and Mike, how nobody beleived in the "coup" attempt who could act anything other than stare at wide-eyed disbelief at sheer stupidity of this story. Sadly it just probably means more crackdowns and arrests and whatnot.
This sounds like mental illness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Apart from yet another 'terrorist attack', Lukashenko also ordered to 'completely close down' the border with Ukraine, because, apparently they keep sending weapons to all those countless terrorists may strike any moment now. There is no word on what that 'closing down' involves exactly, however, as Ukrainian officials didn't receive any official warning from Belarus. What's also funny is that earlier that very same day Lukashenko ordered to allow foreigners to get vaccinated in Belarus (for the low price of 50 dollars). This was done because a Ukrainian Rada member asked him nicely to help out. The same guy who got booted from the People's Servant party for meeting with Lukashenko and praising him for handling protests.

Also, for context, Azaryonok is not a journalist In his own words, he's a propagandist. And the most vile kind at that. I honestly have never seen this amount of hatred even from seasoned Russian propagandists like Solovyov or Kisilyov. Whatever tropes about gay nazis you can imagine, multiply it by ten, add a really awkward pose, and that's Azaryonok's show.

And yes, Lukashenko gave him a medal for his heroic reporting on the protests, where he got mocked and spat on by elderly women.