Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i had a blast running him in Mona freeze to farm his own talent books... though now i see where Ayaka would be very nice to have with him because for all my cryo i don't really have a carry without also running Chong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the banner will last for another 20 days so people have plenty of time to make up their minds on him

Space Opera posted:

So the latest dev notes say that in the next patch we're going to be able to pick which zone we want our daily commissions in. Which commissions you get will still be randomized, but this should help a little bit with getting those rare achievements. I can only hope that they're going to quietly tweak the rng they use so that the namecard locked ones come up more often.

this is something I've wanted for a while since I prefer doing dailies in mondstat because it's smaller

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Most characters probably don't need their full names displayed on the UI like Kaedehara Kazuha but they should patch it so Fischl's is. Just tiny text, "Fischl von Luftschloss Narfidort, die Prinzessin der Verurteilung, Sovereign of Immernachtreich"

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Has any solid Kazuha mathwork been done yet?

Harrow posted:

Most characters probably don't need their full names displayed on the UI like Kaedehara Kazuha but they should patch it so Fischl's is. Just tiny text, "Fischl von Luftschloss Narfidort, die Prinzessin der Verurteilung, Sovereign of Immernachtreich"

Oh god yes please. If they implemented an "expanded names" toggle that would make it even better.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Tae posted:

Since people are asking about rolling for kazuha or not, here's a short summary of who's upcoming:

Known date:

Cameo in latest story:
Sara: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/nzmnyp/sara_in_inazuma_credit_to_anonsbelle/
Shogun: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/o0lebv/shogun_electropolearm/

Future females beyond next patch:
Yae Miko: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/o77yld/yae_render/
Kokomi:
Yunjin:

Future Males:
Tohma:
Gorou:

Kokomi looks like some sort of dancer, Yunjin could be anything with the gothic lolita getup and Tohma and Gorou look like another Samurai and a male Kitsune respectively.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Yunjin is a Liyue character we already have lines for, iirc she's a famous poet or storyteller and friends with Xinyan. supposedly geo polearm

god can only hope she brings some Xinyan story content with her release. also lol rip Shenhe

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Of those characters the one I'm most curious to know more about is Tohma, perhaps entirely because he has a cool jacket. I think it was leaked that he's a pyro polearm but there's no other info, right?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I think Kazuha does bring something to the table that's either been so scarce or incredibly cumbersome to use that it's essentially new, and that's buffing ele DMG. Sucrose only gets it at C6 for infusing her burst and only 20%, while the Petra set is just not worth the trouble. Meanwhile, Kazuha can maintain at least one buff nearly permanently in battle and can realistically achieve the numbers to grant a +20 goblet's worth of ele DMG to the whole team.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
None... there were some vague sketchy leaks but they don't mean much and didnt say anything useful anyways.

We're flying totally blind for what comes after ayaka/yoimiya (which is normal), it could be anything and anyone.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Looking at the schedule it looks like there'll be one or two banners after Ayaka and Yoimiya and then after that it'll be time for the anniversary, right? Really, really curious what they'll do for that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's heavily rumored that the patch after inazuma is another lituye festival for some Chinese holiday.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

F2P archon Enviosity just got double Kazuha 30 pulls in following his nearly back-to-back Eula/Mona pull. Not even jealous, just happy to see one of the best Genshin content creators getting the luck he deserves. Dude had absolutely atrocious (albeit hilarious) luck on the standard banner for the longest time, only pulling free constellations he wouldn't use anyway because they'd ruin his Abyss guides.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

First rule of genshin: any time anyone anywhere pulls well in genshin it will be posted online, to infuriate you.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I should have enough primos to guarantee the electro archon when she comes out but I'll still pull a few times in the yoimiya banner to try and fish out the 4* if shes in that. I'd be fine whiffing or getting an on banner 5* on that banner.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Did a 10-pull for the hell of it and got C2 Rosaria :toot: Haven't pulled in so long and this banner did not disappoint

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

My goal this banner was C1 Bennett - mission accomplished with a bonus Rosaria. Pity is still intact for Inazuma. :cool:

Harrow posted:

Of those characters the one I'm most curious to know more about is Tohma, perhaps entirely because he has a cool jacket. I think it was leaked that he's a pyro polearm but there's no other info, right?

Why are the characters I want all have to be pyros. See also Yoimiya.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Boba Pearl posted:

I want ningquan and all the people who help me find materials

Ninggaung is an amazingly easy to use and underrated carry. She was the first carry I pulled, and she's still my main even after getting folks like Ganyu. Too bad she hasn't been on any of the past seven banners for some drat reason...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Assuming the Paimon's Bargains rotation continues the way it has been, Ningguang should be on the shop in a couple months, so I guess if she's not on a banner before then, that's something?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Harrow posted:

Assuming the Paimon's Bargains rotation continues the way it has been, Ningguang should be on the shop in a couple months, so I guess if she's not on a banner before then, that's something?

Not helping :p

Kaz is a whole lot of fun though. They finally got plunging attacks to feel natural and it's really easy to keep elemental reactions going.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Kazuha was going to be a complete skip for me but he won me over in like 1 minute in his trial. Just such a perfectly designed Anemo. Once I learned he could gather Kleebombs it was over

And his ult is insanely gorgeous.

The downside of the fact that I was planning to skip is that I can't level him past 70 for like 3 more days, guess who never picked up Ganodermas or killed the puppet :v:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I kind of already knew that most NPCs are lazy bastards who just call on you because they can't be bothered to do anything themselves, but this one is just taking the piss:

Sure, I'll get right on that. Maybe get you a pair of glasses too while I'm at it?

In banner news, I kind of want Kazuha but I already spent too much getting Eula who I didn't actually want all that much, and now I have to save back up for future banners. I did 20 rolls to see if I could finally get Rosaria, and I did, so great success there! Also a C4 Razor, but I don't use him so that's kind of whatever.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Solkanar512 posted:

Ninggaung is an amazingly easy to use and underrated carry. She was the first carry I pulled, and she's still my main even after getting folks like Ganyu. Too bad she hasn't been on any of the past seven banners for some drat reason...

Ninggaung is especially great at C2 since you can get two Jade Screens quickly if one breaks or just in general to help speed up her energy recharge for her Burst. I got lucky and had her at C3 basically from the beginning by the time I started to actually use her.

Harrow posted:

I hope they do an overhaul on the mission UI in general because looking at it on console is still uncomfortable for some reason. I mean going back and re-reading the dialogue after you've completed one.

Also it's very funny how they keep pushing plunging attacks even now.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

F2P archon Enviosity just got double Kazuha 30 pulls in following his nearly back-to-back Eula/Mona pull. Not even jealous, just happy to see one of the best Genshin content creators getting the luck he deserves. Dude had absolutely atrocious (albeit hilarious) luck on the standard banner for the longest time, only pulling free constellations he wouldn't use anyway because they'd ruin his Abyss guides.

I haven't really watched Enviosity much but I just watched the video where he solos Abyss floor 11 with Anemo Traveler and it ruled so I clearly need to watch more

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Soothing Vapors posted:

And his ult is insanely gorgeous.

I was going to mention this but I thought I was being too much of a fan boy. There's just a ton of little details with this character that really make him shine, they clearly put a lot of work into him.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

part of his skill effects change color if an element is present when you cast it, too

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think Kazuha is stronger than (most) people are making him out to be. It's just a weird design because everything strong about him is literally invisible so his flashy moveset feels soft. You can't tell if he's actually doing anything worthwhile while he's jumping around the screen applying two ultra-strong secret buffs/debuffs. The 40% dmg bonus feels like "not that big a deal" because it's just a ~20% numerical buff to your damage, but truthfully that's a huge deal.

It's also, like, very hard to power creep.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

As if anyone needs any more reasons to pull for Kazuha, he makes jumping on Dvalin's neck not a miserable experience

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I'll pull for any new character but I want ones that make traversing the world less of a pain so I'll be pulling for Kazuha and Rollerball Girl for sure. Especially with the Anemo resonance which is sweet.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

having to jump on dvalin like a peasant instead of having a pacifist goat absolutely destroy him

Selane
May 19, 2006

I was gonna say, who is still climbing on Dvalin in this day and age. Ganyu actually has several advantages against him, not only does she not need to climb him, but she can shoot him down in about two hits since all the hits of her cluster shot hit him at once since he's so big.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

I think Kazuha is stronger than (most) people are making him out to be. It's just a weird design because everything strong about him is literally invisible so his ultra-flashy moveset feels soft. You can't tell if he's actually doing anything worthwhile while he's jumping around the screen applying two ultra-strong secret buffs/debuffs. The 40% dmg bonus feels like "not that big a deal" because it's just a 20% numerical buff to your damage, but truthfully it's a huge deal.

It's also, like, unpowercreepable.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at last page. His passive can be built for and rewritten as "your whole party has (an) extra ele goblet(s)"

At first I was kind of eh about his burst that just seemed like a boring DoT field, but then I realized it has great synergy with his passive because it auto-swirls whatever element it absorbs. This means it auto-refreshes the buff every few seconds over its relatively long duration. This makes it easier to maintain two buffs at once.

Now all I need to find out is how to control what it absorbs, because it seems to love prioritizing random things like the torches hilichurls hold instead of the actual elements affected them.

Selane posted:

I was gonna say, who is still climbing on Dvalin in this day and age. Ganyu actually has several advantages against him, not only does she not need to climb him, but she can shoot him down in about two hits since all the hits of her cluster shot hit him at once since he's so big.

My Ganyu is relegated to support, ok? :colbert: Klee needs to get up and melt her shots.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

gandlethorpe posted:

Now all I need to find out is how to control what it absorbs, because it seems to love prioritizing random things like the torches hilichurls hold instead of the actual elements affected them.

Word on the street is pyro > electro > whatever element is present on Kazuha > hydro/cryo (coin flip)

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I like climbing Dvalin, it's kind of a neat mechanic to throw that into a boss fight, reminds me of the gimmicky and fun WoW fights back in the day. I just get Klee up there and charge blast his rear end. Her bombs knock off like half of his shield when he does his initial swoop too so I may as well play it as intended the rest of the way.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

I think Kazuha is stronger than (most) people are making him out to be. It's just a weird design because everything strong about him is literally invisible so his flashy moveset feels soft. You can't tell if he's actually doing anything worthwhile while he's jumping around the screen applying two ultra-strong secret buffs/debuffs. The 40% dmg bonus feels like "not that big a deal" because it's just a ~20% numerical buff to your damage, but truthfully that's a huge deal.

I've been sorta intentionally downplaying my assessment of him because a) I'm only like AR 41 and don't know a ton yet, and b) I want to make people feel better if they can't get him or are planning to skip :v:

But also he does seem really impressively strong even aside from his great support, and then you add that damage boost on top and yeah, he's a really exciting character to have. I've also just completely fallen in love with anemo as an element so I'm having a drat good time with Kazuha. Something about swirl just feels like the most fun reaction in the game. It's probably the confetti spray of numbers it throws around.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ganyu is like concentrated boring so i won't be rolling her until she gets a costume

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

dogsicle posted:

ganyu is like concentrated boring so i won't be rolling her until she gets a costume

I can't imagine how much money costumes for Ganyu, Zhongli or Klee will make for Mihoyo. Holy poo poo. Like imagine a little red witch costume for Klee for Halloween - they would be minting money right there.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ganyu is great for those "ah gently caress this, let's just get it over with" things which is a nice thing to have in a game like this.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

No Wave posted:

yeah it's always better to invest in 5* supports over carries -- Klee (sub C2), Keqing, Diluc et al. are already getting pushed up on by 4* units like Yanfei. But Venti, Albedo, and ZL are every bit as relevant as they were when they were established and Kazuha is gonna be just fine for a long rear end time

Solkanar512 posted:

Like imagine a little red witch costume for Klee for Halloween
unconsciously opened my wallet just reading this

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

More cool geo guys/gals please. I want ever more ridiculous things that at some point can only tenuously be called a geo construct doing silly poo poo to the battlefield.

Just... maybe fix them in regards to bosses/Oceanids platforms too please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Solkanar512 posted:

I can't imagine how much money costumes for Ganyu, Zhongli or Klee will make for Mihoyo. Holy poo poo. Like imagine a little red witch costume for Klee for Halloween - they would be minting money right there.

Friend of mine already said the only costume that'll get him is Santa Klee.

Shirtless Zhongli would get me immediately though.

I'm loving my Kazuha. And I saved so much I'm in a good place for Inazuma. Bring on Baal.